Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos (49547 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Nigerians React To Oba Of Lagos Palace Fire Incident / Igbinedion Gifts Tiger To Oba Of Benin, Ewuare & It Roars At People (Video,Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by freshness2020: 11:47am On Oct 27, 2016
Oyinbo na god?
I thought say oba of Benin teeth no dey show
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by GodIsFoolish: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2016
nice
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by erico2k2(m): 11:49am On Oct 27, 2016
dainformant:
The newly installed Benin monarch, Oba Ewuare II, was all smiles as he was paid homage to by a white woman at his palace in Edo state. The woman prostrated before the happy Oba -to the delight of the crowd present. See pictures below;

http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/10/oba-of-benin-all-smiles-as-white-woman.html
I thought he was not meant to smile hence he covered his mouth
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by DeRay98(m): 11:49am On Oct 27, 2016
ifyalways:
I thought they said we ain't supposed to see the Oba's teeth reason, he and his wives use handkerchiefs to cover their mouth undecided
That was during the coronation ceremony
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ring7(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2016
Chai Nigeria,if it was blacks,he will close those teeth with 10 Handkerchief s,
Continue diaries god.

2 Likes

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ahamonyeka(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2016
Who brought the oyinbo woman or did she just come on her own?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 27, 2016
Nkemdi89
Could this be the woman who bore the first son?

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by muller101(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2016
Na albino.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by passyhansome(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2016
[size=15pt]KINI BIG DEAL, OYINBO NA HUMAN BEING[/size]
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by thonyrule(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2016
Hmmmmmm invasion 1987, beware
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by inventor432(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2016
She have to follow the rules of our land
It could be a taboo in their own land tho.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by maximus10: 11:52am On Oct 27, 2016
Weting be score's for ManU and man city match abeg
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 27, 2016
I tot d Oba does nt laugh
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 27, 2016
andysnoopy:
I think say them say Oba no dey smile??

me too
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Debbyseraph(f): 11:55am On Oct 27, 2016
oluseyiforjesus:
I tot they said one of d reason y they cover their mouth with handkerchief is to prevent pple frm seeing their teeth?
thank you that is wat I was thinking about
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Kavalier5(m): 11:55am On Oct 27, 2016
NOC1:
why him no cover mouth?
handkerchief go don cost nau..
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by worlexy(m): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
I thought they said we can't see his teeth according to the tradition
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by hahn(m): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
seunlly:
We taught how to kneel b4 the king...

Coz oyinbo people no get respect according to their culture

The word respect, is it English or your native tongue? undecided

Besides, what is the benefit of the African form or "respect" to Africans?
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by jrusky(m): 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
Please may I ask you all the NL mod lailai or myn44 or Seun himself do you guys sometime check what some people do post here at all if it make any sense

So because a white lady visited the Oba and for that reason the Oba should be crying or what Because I dont understand the sense in a statement like " A white lady paid homage to the king and the king was laughing or smiling" So the king should cry or yell at her or frown at her please tell me for God sake ehnn what sort of nonsense people just full NL for God sake who just felt in order to create traffic jam for whatever reason on this blog thereby posting nonsense and wasting peoples time is there no better thing to post here to create good traffic or road jam
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by MadMullah: 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
We are a peanut processing factory situated here in Lagos. We are looking for someone who has experience working with Groundnuts to work with us consultant or to hire as plant manager. Feel free to me on 08133882094 or drop us a mail on: info@landlfoodsng.com
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by drphantom: 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
BornStunner1:

Google the benin Culture instead of embarrising yourself all the time..

#smh

Juvenile response
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by AreaFada2: 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
See them.

9ja people negative o.

What if that lady is an old friend, for a prince who studied in UK, was ambassador in many countries across Europe?

When we told people that in ceremonies, Oba & his queens, Dukes & their queens symbolically cover their mouths, many were not listeng. Their minds are so closed that they talk like robots.

Oba was having a public audience where he will also usually make a speech. How can he talk for example without teeth showing?

Things done during ceremonies are not things done on daily basis. When an Oba shows a human face, they complain. When he follows what custom demands according to occasion, people still complain.

Nigerians are very negative. We talk ourselves down too much. Nobody can take us serious if we despise ourselves so much. shocked

Those talking of oyinbo & whether they are not humans, I have an oyinbo in-law, who by virtue of marriage to a person of position in Benin Kingdom, she has reasons to be in the palace & has met both the late Oba & late Queen Mother on occasions. And she's not even the only one.

We are all much more inter-related now than it was long ago.

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Galaxydon1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
money, power, and respect. Oluwa abeg pick my calls, no be flashing i dey i do, i get small credit for my phone, abeg pick am make my condition change to good, friends said make i call satan, dat one go pick my call sharpaly, but i no wan call am, him own wealth no dey last.
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by dreezybines: 12:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
That 2nd pic would become meme soon... I trust nairaland
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Rockyrascal(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
vineakpes:
why is his second and third fingers joined together
maybe his used to smoking weed
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
The Hausas have a saying
Bowing down before a dwarf is not a show of weakness
grin grin grin
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by willibounce1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
BornStunner1:
THATS THE KIND OF RESPECT YOU GET BY SITTING MAJESTICALLY IN YOUR PALACE NOT BY JUMPING FROM ONE OWAMBE TO THE NEXT

OBA KHA TO KPEREEE......... ISEE!!!

The Oba that is jumping from one place to the next is meeting different kinds of people home and abroad and promoting his culture. He is well exposed and has met different people of different race and colours.

You Benin Oba is smiling sheepishly because an oyinbo woman bowed to greet him... lol who know whether na albino they greet am... he seem so happy like he has never seen a white person before... make him sidon put for him palace they smile for albino..

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by GoodSide: 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
is he jesus.
this is idolatry
Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ExInferis(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
African inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos by ibkgab001: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
Now the oyinbo no smell like the locals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Mystery Behind The Birth Of The Oba Of Benin / Oba Saheed Elegushi Marries Hadiza Tanko As Second Wife (photos) / I’m A Bride Waiting To Be Dressed Up - Silekunola Naomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.