Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode (26320 Views)

Amina Bala Shagari, Bilyamin Mohammed Bello's Divorced Wife Mourns His Death / I Transported N4.7bn Poll Funds For Obanikoro, Ex-aide Confesses / EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by DAVECENA(m): 6:42am On Oct 28, 2016
Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, yesterday, paid a solidarity visit to four key officials of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP., who are being detained by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission over alleged graft running into billions of Naira.

The four men-Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, Senator Bala Mohammed, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode and Dr. Reuben Abati, were taken into custody by EFCC at different times but were united in the cell by the common platform of their party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Reuben Abati served as President Goodluck Jonathan’s Media Adviser, while Fani-Kayode worked towards the end of Jonathan’s tenure as the Spokesman for his Presidential Campaign Organisation.

On the other hand, Obanikoro and Bala Mohammed served as Minister of State for Defence and Federal Capital Territory respectively and ended their tenure about two years ago.

But they were hauled to the EFCC on various allegations bordering on mismanagement of public funds, particularly the $2.1 billion cash for the purchase of arms to fight insurgency in the North East.

Obanikoro is linked with the N4.7 billion allegedly traced to firms close to him but he has already spoken out on how he paid the money out to Governor Ayo Fayose and former Osun Deputy Governor, Senator Iyiola Omisore, but it is not clear why the EFCC is still keeping him.

On the other hand, Mohammed is alleged to have awarded contracts worth N8 billion to fronts and also abused a major land swap deal valued at about N1 trillion.

Fani-Kayode and Abati are linked with collecting funds from the ONSA for undisclosed reasons.
But the EFCC confirmed last night that it has granted what it called ‘Administrative Bail” to Abati on conditions that he drops his International Passport and produces a surety of not below the rank of deputy director in the civil service.

A top source in the commission who confirmed the development, however said that the former presidential aide was yet to meet the bail conditions.

“We will continue to keep Abati until he meets the bail terms,” the source told Vanguard.
It was also learnt that while Abati was preparing to meet his bail conditions and return home, the commission had earlier in the day secured a court warrant to further detain Mr. Mohammed for undisclosed number of days.

The source hinted that since his arrival, Mohammed had not given sufficient information relating to the issues he is being accused of and that the commission needed more time to interact with him.

“We have obtained a new warrant to keep Bala Mohammed because we are not yet through with investigating the issues related to him,” the source hinted.

Before then, at around 5 pm yesterday, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, one of the highest elected PDP leaders in the country, visited the four men at the EFCC headquarters to identify with them.

Findings by Vanguard showed that the DSP was received on arrival at the EFCC premises by the EFCC’s Deputy Director, Operations, Umar Abbasm who also took him round.

According to sources close to the visit, Ekweremadu enjoined the four detainees to be of good cheer and to take their ordeal as a leadership challenge that would embolden them as servants of the people.

“I urge you all to be of good cheer and to keep your spirit high because what is happening to you today happened to our great leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and other top Nigerians who stood for the good of the people of Nigeria,” Ekweremadu told the four men.

source:

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/ekeremadu-storms-efcc-obanikoro-bala-abati-fani-kayode/

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by ibkgab001: 6:47am On Oct 28, 2016
I don't support fraud but when will uncle Buhari investigate Bro Amechi and Alfa Fashola

He who must come to equity must come with clean hands by the way let he who without sin focus on how to regain our lost glory of economy

First FTC this year ...#SAYNOTOECONOMYSABOTAGE

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by HARDDON: 6:47am On Oct 28, 2016
Very nice move!

For one i tot every1 is OYO!

7 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by richidinho(m): 6:48am On Oct 28, 2016
grin
Even Buhari spent 3yrs in jail for collapsing our economy in 1984

Not new

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by omenka(m): 6:51am On Oct 28, 2016
Did he storm the place with a horde of warriors, or a horde of lawyers or a horde of yoots or legislators??

I hope he wore that traditional masquerade attire so as to attract the support of his "people" when he perhaps breaks the law on getting there are held to account.

This Shrek look-alike should be languishing in gaol and not walking around polluting free space with his air of criminality.

#Storm indeed.

Update:

Obviously, I've put two yoots, especially, here on permanent painment. cheesy

Una go mentions my moniker and say all the trash una wan say tire, but like Baba to Fayose, your calls have been permanently diverted. grin

One of them don deactivate accounts twice, on both accounts, she was my stalker. Got frustrated when I paid her no attention. Now she's back with another and has resumed stalking.

I pray you find yourself a loving bf so you may stop obsessing over Omenka because you WILL NEVER get my attention. grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by olasmith10(m): 6:52am On Oct 28, 2016
The news headline dou..one will think he went there with fire annoyance( STORM) to order their release!!!

7 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by modath(f): 6:52am On Oct 28, 2016
Ike Ekweremadu, yesterday, paid a [size=14pt]solidarity visit[/size] to four key officials of the Peoples Democratic Party

Sometimes when i see some cringe inducing infantile comments on this platform, I do a double take and wonder why some folks guardians didn't ensure their wards wouldn't turn out to be public nuisances, then i remember 90% of them are that way because they don't move beyond the headlines....

How in da heyull did solidarity visit turn to storm? Hooowwwwwwwwww?? Goodness gracious. Vanguard sha want to turn their support base to mindless entities sha. cheesy

24 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by richidinho(m): 6:54am On Oct 28, 2016
omenka:
Did he storm the place with a horde of warriors, or a horde of lawyers or a horde of yoots or legislators??

I hope he wore that traditional masquerade attire so as to attract the support of his "people" when he perhaps breaks the law on getting there are held to account.

This Shrek look-alike should be languishing in gaol and not walking around polluting free space with his air of criminality.

#Storm indeed.

No need for that because he is not defending his WAEC certificate forgery case

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 28, 2016
When will the DSP join them sef?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by Mrdecent(m): 6:57am On Oct 28, 2016
NA them dem
Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by SalomonKane: 6:58am On Oct 28, 2016
Ekweremadu likening Awolowo and Zik to FFK, Obanikoro and Abati reek of insult to the memory of Awolowo and Zik.

How can he even compare these individuals to these men. Especially FFK whose penchant for political prostitution and mouth organ stand probitas doctrima.

Left for me, these individuals should be tried and convicted quickly. The sooner they go under, the better for others who want to tow their line of thievery.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by SalomonKane: 6:59am On Oct 28, 2016
richidinho:

No need for that because he is not defending his WAEC certificate forgery case
It's such a pity a man who 'forged' his waec certificate is president over you!. tongue

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by fitzmayowa: 7:00am On Oct 28, 2016
urge you all to be of good cheer and to keep your spirit high because what is happening to you today happened to our great leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and other top Nigerians who stood for the good of the people of Nigeria,” Ekweremadu told the four men

This is an insult to these 2 great men, was any of them arrested for allegedly partaking in corruption

This ekeweremadu guy is a clown, how did we allow this kind of person become a DSP...SMH

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by olasmith10(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

Sometimes when i see some cringe inducing infantile comments on this platform, I do a double take and wonder why some folks guardians didn't ensure their wards wouldn't turn out to be public nuisances, then i remember 90% of them are that way because they don't move beyond the headlines....

How in da heyull did solidarity visit turn to storm? Hooowwwwwwwwww?? Goodness gracious. cheesy

Ur thought mirrors mine...I was surprised too..I thought he went there battle ready with grenade and riffles to bring the EFCC down!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by 9jii(m): 7:02am On Oct 28, 2016
When I saw these men (thieves )in jail I thank God for this administration.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by tuniski: 7:04am On Oct 28, 2016
omenka:

#Storm indeed.
Pained!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by evy4ch(m): 7:06am On Oct 28, 2016
There is no corruption fight until amechi and fayemi are probed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by modath(f): 7:10am On Oct 28, 2016
fitzmayowa:

This is an insult to this 2 great men, was any of them arrested for allegedly part taking in corruption

This ekeweremadu guy is a clown, how did we allow this kind of person become a DSP...SMH

He is an insult to real clowns who entertain and give people joy... He isn't fit to tie their oversized flipper shoes cos his antics isn't funny, he is a big slowpoke for desecrating the memory of these great men..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by CliffordOrji: 7:11am On Oct 28, 2016
When did the function of a Deputy Senate President includes visiting an accused? When will Senator Ikechukwu Ekweremadu also visit Nnamdi Kanu in detention? When will Senator Ekweremadu, on the floor of plenary, sponsor bills that wll benefit his Senatorial district and the entire South East

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by fitzmayowa: 7:11am On Oct 28, 2016
olasmith10:

Ur thought mirrors mine...I was surprised too..I thought he went there battle ready with grenade and riffles to bring the EFCC down!!!

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by 175(m): 7:12am On Oct 28, 2016
olasmith10:

Olasmith na Yoruba name?

Olasmith in igbo means someone who fucccks Smith.

grin angry cheesy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by 175(m): 7:14am On Oct 28, 2016
omenka:

#Storm indeed.

Eternal painment grin grin cheesy wink

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:16am On Oct 28, 2016
Kill Corruption grin

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by fitzmayowa: 7:16am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

He is an insult to real clowns who entertain and give people joy... He isn't fit to tie their oversized flipper shoes cos his antics isn't funny, he is a big slowpoke for desecrating the memory of these great men..

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by saint047(m): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2016
When government accepts responsibility for people, then people no longer take responsibility for themselves. - George Pataki
Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by modath(f): 7:37am On Oct 28, 2016
CliffordOrji:
When did the function of a Deputy Senate President includes visiting an accused? When will Senator Ikechukwu Ekweremadu also visit Nnamdi Kanu in detention? When will Senator Ekweremadu, on the floor of plenary, sponsor bills that wll benefit his Senatorial district and the entire South East

When his robbery gang enter gbege noni... One for All, All for one, now how robbers dey roll nah.

4 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2016
He went there to book space. Shikenan
Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by realglobe: 8:12am On Oct 28, 2016
omenka:

#Storm indeed.
See person wey dey call person shrek? How your ex fiance cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ekweremmadu, good one there.. We need to rally round FFK especially

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by veekid(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2016
Yeye
Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by MadCow1: 8:19am On Oct 28, 2016
Mtcheeew....

When villages in the East were attacked by Fulani Herdsmen or whatevers they are, Ekweremadu did not 'STORM' them.

Murrafuckers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by realglobe: 8:19am On Oct 28, 2016
fitzmayowa:

This is an insult to these 2 great men, was any of them arrested for allegedly partaking in corruption

Ekweremadu was being charitable by citing Awolowo who was imprisoned for treason. People like FFK are in detention for standing against this useless government and fulani establisment. the coward called awolowo will never dare talk against the fulani establishment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu Storms EFCC For Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, Fani-kayode by nairalandaddict: 8:21am On Oct 28, 2016
How does that affect the use of cucumber ? undecided

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umar Isa: 16-Year-Old Boy Arrested For Insulting Yobe Governor Buni / Customs Officers Killed People In Igangan, Not Unknown Gunmen – Oyo Government / Photos From The Opening Of Lagos Theatre, Epe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.