Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

God Does Not 'EXIST' - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Does Not 'EXIST' (7686 Views)

Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by Joshthefirst(m): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
DeepSight:

You are funny:

How terribly odd. "People" refers to something that exists. To persons. It is beyond me how you can sleep well arguing that there can be people who do not exist.

And then to use ghost workers as an example of "people that do not exist" - especially in the context of the preceding contentions.

"Ghost-workers" are not people in any sense.

Life after the transition of a person from his physical body is a self evident fact to anyone conscious enough to even be aware of himself and his daily existence within this body.

However the question of life after death still is not even necessary here as in either event we are speaking of a person who existed on this material plane: even for the doubters who say that life ends at death: one may revert to the effect that even the physical remains continue in the material cycle of life - that would rest the more subtle meanings of the OP which elude you.

I believe the truth is that your words of anger stem from your recognition of how ludicrously out of place your "ghost workers" example was, when you first attempted to give examples of the existence of persons that could "not exist."

I am not responsible for your incomplete reasoning processes or the paucity of thought within your mind.

Don't waste time going back and forth with logicboy sir.

You have proved your point astutely to those who can read and comprehend english. Especially with this:

How terribly odd. "People" refers to something that exists. To persons. It is beyond me how you can sleep well arguing that there can be people who do not exist.

DeepSight:

@ OP: Does this build a thread of reasoning somewhere in what you are trying to say regarding the self existent nature of God?

PS - You rightly should not worry too much about the futilist AIO who starts nowhere and goes nowhere: as a matter of fact, he has propounded quite exactly what your OP says in the past, in simply different words.

Thank you very much deepsight.
God's self existence is only difficult to grasp by those who choose to be blockheads and refuse to apply themselves to logical reasoning.

To me, the fact of his self existent may not be completely understood, but it is the destiny of my logical thinking, and a fact of reality based on the nature of creation itself.

1 Like

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by Joshthefirst(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
Kay17:

But the root of evils are not amongst the axioms of existence in the first place
They have nothing to do with the axioms of existence.

Evil and good are simply characters of action and thought.
Conscious beings of free agency will have a potential for evil, which must be dealt with.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by JackBizzle: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
Joshthefirst:

Don't waste time going back and forth with logicboy sir.

You have proved your point astutely to those who can read and comprehend english. Especially with this:

Thank you very much deepsight.
God's self existence is only difficult to grasp by those who choose to be blockheads and refuse to apply themselves to logical reasoning.

To me, the fact of his self existent may not be completely understood, but it is the destiny of my logical thinking, and a fact of reality based on the nature of creation itself.

How ironic.

Deepsight also finds you to be a blockhead, if you don't know. You and him are on similar paths but different destinations. He arrives at a God but a different God from yours.

Deepsight's God is eloquently crafted from the mysteries of science and the flowery literature of sophistry. While your own God is created from the sewage that is unrefined irrationality.

Wait.......I have started using big grammar like Deepsight! lipsrsealed shocked

It seems I need a good night sleep.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by wiegraf: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
DeepSight:

This is rather odd.

Is it really possible for a person to "not exist"?

When one says that "a person can either exist or not exist" - this suggests that you may have persons that exist and persons that do not exist.

Is this not a very self evidently false thought construction?

For is there any such thing as a "person" that does "not exist"?

It is a flat out contradiction in terms therefore to say that "a person can either exist or not exist" - thus suggesting two alternate possible types of persons: those that exist and those that do not exist!

Evidently therefore, the correct thing to say would be - "Persons exist" - or - "a person exists" - period.

@ OP: Does this build a thread of reasoning somewhere in what you are trying to say regarding the self existent nature of God?

PS - You rightly should not worry too much about the futilist AIO who starts nowhere and goes nowhere: as a matter of fact, he has propounded quite exactly what your OP says in the past, in simply different words.

After posting such drivel, how do you sleep at night? What do you down hope to accomplish with this?

What are you even beginning to suggest? That negatives cannot make logical sense?

This being particularly ironic, considering it's your side that consistently asks us to prove a negative. But let's not even begin to get into that....

BTW, are you and Josh the same person oga?

1 Like

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by lepasharon(f): 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Joshthefirst:
God permeates all in reality. Everything about infinite reality beyond universe conception is 'contained' in him, so your question is not feasible in the first place.

So in other words he can't..

k den.

1 Like

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by DeepSight(m): 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
wiegraf:

After posting such drivel, how do you sleep at night?

When barred from my alcohol, Lexotan helps.
Not on account of any drivel though.

What do you down hope to accomplish with this?

Since it escapes you, I will go straight to the point: the validity of the argument of self existence and the impossibility of nothingness. That's it.

What are you even beginning to suggest? That negatives cannot make logical sense?

I don't know where you got this from.

This being particularly ironic, considering it's your side that consistently asks us to prove a negative.

I have never asked anyone to prove a negative - except perhaps (arguably) in my old thread "Revisiting the Burden of Proof" - AND in that thread there were several tangents that I came from. I don't recall if you were involved in that discussion. Nonetheless my discourses on the existence of God have generally set about to prove it, rather than require it to be disproved. Having said that, there is indeed a question mark remaining about whether or not the burden of proof does not properly shift in the circumstances.

Here is the thread, for your ease of reference:

https://www.nairaland.com/808965/atheism-revisiting-burden-proof

BTW, are you and Josh the same person oga?

No sorry. Not into such. One time several years ago I tried to crack a prank such as being a different person in order to mock some dear rather touchy Christians concerning the virgin birth, I got caught out instantly by my second post as I used the wrong device! Very annoying!
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by Joshthefirst(m): 10:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
lepasharon:

So in other words he can't..

k den.
Did you in any way attempt to understand what I said?
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by Joshthefirst(m): 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

How ironic.

Deepsight also finds you to be a blockhead, if you don't know. You and him are on similar paths but different destinations. He arrives at a God but a different God from yours.

Deepsight's God is eloquently crafted from the mysteries of science and the flowery literature of sophistry. While your own God is created from the sewage that is unrefined irrationality.

We all find others blockheads in certain areas. Some people are found to be blockheads in almost all areas. (You should know I'm talking about you).

I don't care what anyone's opinion of me is much, especially yours. (I like marsman shaa). I already know DS is deist, and I pray he becomes Christian too.

Maybe you need another false sabbatical from here and a new moniker. Be sure to announce yourself as loftily as you normally do.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by analice107: 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Who is this
Thehopelesslandlord, thats who 'it' is
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by analice107: 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

I'm not surprised at the comments of all these anti-God horsdes in here, who come in the guise of atheism.

They're some things I can't say to them; things like what Benny Hinn said above. These are stuff that are way above their limited, myopic, logical and failed human reasoning.

"The things of the spirit is foolishness to a carnal mind".

Very correct air. Its indeed not meat for their class.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by analice107: 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
God is not a person.
Can you people ever wrap your heads around God being the Creator of all undecided
How can you ever expect that of them my brother?
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by analice107: 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
JackBizzle:

How ironic.

The most illogical Logicboy. i tire how u fit dey think like small pikin like dis oo.

1 Like

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by JackBizzle: 3:55am On Oct 31, 2016
Joshthefirst:
We all find others blockheads in certain areas. Some people are found to be blockheads in almost all areas. (You should know I'm talking about you).

I don't care what anyone's opinion of me is much, especially yours. (I like marsman shaa). I already know DS is deist, and I pray he becomes Christian too.

Maybe you need another false sabbatical from here and a new moniker. Be sure to announce yourself as loftily as you normally do.

See someone that is talking about blockheads! A doctor that does not know what a feotus looks like! A doctor that does not believe in evolution.A doctor that believes in the power of prayer over that of medicine. A doctor that would allow a mother die from a dangerous pregnancy just to avoid abortion.

I pity your patients. smiley
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by JackBizzle: 3:57am On Oct 31, 2016
analice107:

The most illogical Logicboy. i tire how u fit dey think like small pikin like dis oo.

Every dull simpleton has come up with that joke- and they think its original. "illogical logicboy".

grin grin

You must me be very smart.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by RosaConsidine: 4:13am On Oct 31, 2016
Interesting thread, asides the slurs being flung back and forth. Let me jump in on the current debate - existence and non-existence.

In my opinion, it is possible for something or someone to exist or not exist. The question, however, is what parameters are used for judging said existence. I think too often, we juxtapose "life" and all it's related tenses with existence. Let me explain with an analogy.

Take Harry Potter for example. As far as we know, no human boy that wears round glasses, has a scar on his forehead and was prophesied to defeat the dark lord ever lived on This earth. So to the average mind, Harry Potter does not exist and has never existed.

However, the very mention of the name "Harry Potter" evokes thoughts of a magical boy on a mission to rescue the world from evil forces. If Harry Potter Does not exist, how come we can have such thoughts that not only put a story to "him" but also attaches a persona and even an appearance when we know that If something Does not exist in the true sense of the word, then we cannot even have the slightest idea of what that thing is or should be like?

So Does/did Harry Potter exist in the physical sense of human existence? No (unless there's something J.K Rowling is not telling us). However, the fact that the mention of his name evokes thoughts of a person with a story, a persona and even an appearance is a pointer to the fact that he Does exist - just not in the physical sense but in the fictional and ideological sense. The pointer here is that a physical presence is not the only parameter by which existence is measured. In fact, the first proof of some form of existence is an idea of what that existence entails. For instance, If someone walks up to me and asks if someone named Donald Hilary Bush Kennedy-Clinton exists, my answer would be a profound no, since I can't attach any memories or ideas to any such person, whether real or imaginary. However, If the person asking has created a fictional character that goes by such a name and has attached attributes of physicality and ideology to the character, then the character Does exist - even If only in the mind of the creator.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by Kay17: 5:14am On Oct 31, 2016
Joshthefirst:
They have nothing to do with the axioms of existence.

Evil and good are simply characters of action and thought.
Conscious beings of free agency will have a potential for evil, which must be dealt with.

Before we reach the level for free agency the potential for evil has to exist first. Without a potential there can be no evil. Now the axioms create the potential then the free agency activates it.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by DeepSight(m): 6:04am On Oct 31, 2016
Ishilove:

Genie! cheesy

I remember!
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by analice107: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2016
JackBizzle:

Every dull simpleton has come up with that joke- and they think its original. "illogical logicboy".

grin grin

You must me be very smart.
Its sad how you don't see how illogical you sound, really its sad. I will leave you to your schemes.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by PastorAIO: 10:18am On Oct 31, 2016
analice107:

Its sad how you don't see how illogical you sound, really its sad. I will leave you to your schemes.

The pot said something to the kettle, that conversation of theirs springs to mind.

1 Like

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by hahn(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2016
JackBizzle:

Please, fellow atheists, pantheists, theists and agnostics- please answer these questions;

Do dead people exist?
Do ghost workers exist?

I'm tired of Deepsight insulting my intelligence with his word salad.

cc johnydon22, plaetton, hahn, lepasharon, kingebukasblog, weah96 et al.....

Ignore that dude. He never makes any sense
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by JackBizzle: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2016
analice107:

So illogical that I manage to convince a lot of your fellow christian Nairalanders?
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by JackBizzle: 10:58am On Oct 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

The pot said something to the kettle, that conversation of theirs springs to mind.

Pastor?

Wetin I do you? Why?
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by JackBizzle: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2016
hahn:

Ignore that dude. He never makes any sense

Deepsight 3:16-

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was salad. For whosoever believeth in the salad and eateth of it shall have everlasting eloquence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by PastorAIO: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2016
JackBizzle:

Pastor?

Wetin I do you? Why?

Abeg no vex. What I meant was along the lines of 'look who's talking'. Not that you and him are the same.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by PastorAIO: 11:53am On Oct 31, 2016
JackBizzle:

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was salad. For whosoever believeth in the salad and eateth of it shall have everlasting eloquence.

That one na revised standard version.

My own King John's Revised version says: ..... 'whosoever believeth in the salad and eateth of it shall have everlasting flatulence'.

My own is from the original parchments believed to have been written by the hand of the apostle himself so favour it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by stephendamsoho: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
Joshthefirst:
God permeates all in reality. Everything about infinite reality beyond universe conception is 'contained' in him, so your question is not feasible in the first place.

its a simple Yes OR No question
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by PastorAIO: 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
stephendamsoho:

God is a container. Can a container create another container that has more capacity than him?

1 Like

Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by stephendamsoho: 12:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
PastorAIO:

God is a container. Can a container create another container that has more capacity than him?

you're saying "he can't"

something he should've said too

so "No" simple, no need for complicated answers
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by akintom(m): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2016
RosaConsidine:
Interesting thread, asides the slurs being flung back and forth. Let me jump in on the current debate - existence and non-existence.

In my opinion, it is possible for something or someone to exist or not exist. The question, however, is what parameters are used for judging said existence. I think too often, we juxtapose "life" and all it's related tenses with existence. Let me explain with an analogy.

Take Harry Potter for example. As far as we know, no human boy that wears round glasses, has a scar on his forehead and was prophesied to defeat the dark lord ever lived on This earth. So to the average mind, Harry Potter does not exist and has never existed.

However, the very mention of the name "Harry Potter" evokes thoughts of a magical boy on a mission to rescue the world from evil forces. If Harry Potter Does not exist, how come we can have such thoughts that not only put a story to "him" but also attaches a persona and even an appearance when we know that If something Does not exist in the true sense of the word, then we cannot even have the slightest idea of what that thing is or should be like?

So Does/did Harry Potter exist in the physical sense of human existence? No (unless there's something J.K Rowling is not telling us). However, the fact that the mention of his name evokes thoughts of a person with a story, a persona and even an appearance is a pointer to the fact that he Does exist - just not in the physical sense but in the fictional and ideological sense. The pointer here is that a physical presence is not the only parameter by which existence is measured. In fact, the first proof of some form of existence is an idea of what that existence entails. For instance, If someone walks up to me and asks if someone named Donald Hilary Bush Kennedy-Clinton exists, my answer would be a profound no, since I can't attach any memories or ideas to any such person, whether real or imaginary. However, If the person asking has created a fictional character that goes by such a name and has attached attributes of physicality and ideology to the character, then the character Does exist - even If only in the mind of the creator.

Excellent simplification there.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by DeepSight(m): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
JackBizzle:

PastorAIO:

That one na revised standard version.
My own King John's Revised version says: ..... 'whosoever believeth in the salad and eateth of it shall have everlasting flatulence'.
My own is from the original parchments believed to have been written by the hand of the apostle himself so favour it.

Lol. smiley

Good jokes, but your good humour scratches nothing off the substance at play.
I have seen it before, the "resort to comedy" approach to refuting substance.

No dice gents.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by DeepSight(m): 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2016
RosaConsidine:

An atheist such as Plaetton (and many other atheists) would readily then agree that God exists - as a mental construct of the human mind.

The mere existence of any abstraction as a thought is not what is being discussed here.
Re: God Does Not 'EXIST' by Joshthefirst(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
stephendamsoho:

No it is not. Is there a greatness bigger than everything in reality?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is The Catholic Church Bible Different From Others? / Martha Chioma Ibezim: Cultural Practices Against Women Should Be Abolished / Chris Oyaks Embarks On 40 Days Fasting And Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.