Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Help A Lady In Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Lady In Marriage (3040 Views)

Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding / Side Chicks Act Like Spare Tires In Marriage, They Are Very Important – Man / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by OLAJADON: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dezolo:
I have asked and he said it' s work stress. I've gotten the advice I think is suitable. Thanks very much
Uwc
Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by TheArchangel(f): 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
thorpido:
You're thinking of jerking off this early morning?smh
It's afternoon now.

Jerking off is a good thing when you are working in an overstressed environment like mine. So I am extending a hand in fellowship to you..... tongue
Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by crackhaus: 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dezolo:
Hi all, I got married few months ago and it has been okay by God's grace, I've known hubby for a long time, we dated right from our university days. But few days ago, I have been feeling uneasy, so I slept off and the food got burnt, that was the only cooked food at home, and hubby came back very late and hungry, I saw his missed calls when I woke up to the smell of burnt food. He came back just in time to perceive the burning food. I've apologized and he said okay, he slept without food that night because it was very late. Since that day, he has been hostile, always moody and it has not been easy at home, he picks offence at every little thing. I'm very tired. Please how do I go about this?
Next time you will not burn the only cooked food in the house, and to make it worse, you still let your husband go to bed hungry...after a long day out.

If it were me, you for get up go cook something that night angry

3 Likes

Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by Diplomaticbeing(m): 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Obviously you're a troller.

4 Likes

Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by kayzat: 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dezolo:
cheesy I know dear, can't deny

I don't think it is the fact that you burnt the food but it might be because the finances is not going to the plan and him having to sleep alone trigger to think deeper than necessary on the situation of things.

And please next time always try your best to make sure your hubby take something before going to bed. its very important.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by Raina80(f): 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
The lady brought this to this forum because she needs advice not to be judged. How is cooking a meal going to address the issue? Madam I don't know you but this is what I will have to say. There is more to just burning food here. Have you asked him if everything is fine at work? The early days of marriage can be stressful he is getting used to being a husband and it's not easy on new wives. All the expectations of that role weighs heavily on our shoulders. Is everything alright at work? Marriage comes with a lot financial responsibilities. Talk to him don't accuse him or blame him as he will become defensive. Marriage does not come with a manual, you learn as you go. Wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by napa: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
He might be going through some form of stress. Try to calmly find out what the issue is in a loving way. That is marriage for you, you have the good and bad days.

1 Like

Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by ElsonMorali: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dezolo:
he says it's work stress na. I have, I have asked and asked. Something just tells me it's because of that day

Cook his favorite meal and apologize again.

If he's still angry then you married an immature human being. Let him be. When his eye clear he will borrow himself some brain.

1 Like

Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
Dezolo:
Hi all, I got married few months ago and it has been okay by God's grace, I've known hubby for a long time, we dated right from our university days. But few days ago, I have been feeling uneasy, so I slept off and the food got burnt, that was the only cooked food at home, and hubby came back very late and hungry, I saw his missed calls when I woke up to the smell of burnt food. He came back just in time to perceive the burning food. I've apologized and he said okay, he slept without food that night because it was very late. Since that day, he has been hostile, always moody and it has not been easy at home, he picks offence at every little thing. I'm very tired. Please how do I go about this?

Simples! That thing called "talking". Will do wonders. You need a good heart to heart honest conversation. Once open communication is gone, it's free fall from there. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2016
thorpido:
There are young spinsters who are not married and are apprehensive about marriage.Words can increase their anxiety or mislead them so I ain't backing nowhere.

So you are kinda luring said "spinsters" into the trap....and then snap! Door shuts, prison/life begins ba? cheesy
Some spinsters know sha....many men are good, many marriages are good.....but for some women, the compromises and strategising and responsibilities inherent in becoming a Nigerian, or indeed any wife is too much for their "emotionally stunted", "self centred", "irresponsible", "man's brain", just plain and classic old "ogbanje" selves cheesy....and that is not a bad thing too

I think the person you quoted was being contextual and nothing else, considering that in marriages in our society, the woman bears a loot....no matter how we may coat it..... I could be wrong about her intent though (this is doubtful, but is still possible)
Re: Help A Lady In Marriage by Datsme: 11:11am On Oct 29, 2016
OLAJADON:

From what you have said I don't think the burnt food is the issue here, their is another thing that is making him angry at you... He is your husband, you should know him better than any one
But am sure he is not picking offence from the burnt food(according to what you said)

I concur with your view. This is exactly what I have been thinking

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does This Sleeping Style Have Any Effect On The Baby. / I Cheated And I'm Guilty / My Experience Today With A Youth Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.