Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,521 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding (3069 Views)

Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti / See The Groom's And Bride's Mothers' Outfits /Dance That Got People Talking / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Born2Breed(f): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
Whatever begins with a lie,end up lies.

The bride lied,the mother inlaw lied....what other lies will the innocent groom discover later?

2 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Born2Breed:
meaning you are in support of the actions of the bride paternal family
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Pvssy: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Life goes On....

He is married already, he should just continue with his life. Leave the rest for their families.

What's most important now is about you and your lovely wife being happy. Let it pass like it never happened.

Send a message of apology to all you invited and establish how disappointed you and your wife feel about the whole situation that played. Wish them well and say a big thank you.

Lobatan. The world is moving fast. No time. Dust it off and move on.

E never happen before, we just dey use am scare who get matter.

8 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Born2Breed(f): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
peepydelano:
meaning you are in support of the actions of the bride paternal family

The action the paternal family took was too extreme, but why was the groom not informed prior to all these.

Security measures could have be put in place to forestall this embarrassment and lost of resources.

I detest lies in a relationship.

The groom should visit the paternal family and appease them, marriage in my custom, the paternal family must be notified before any marriage and whatever is due to them is given to them.

2 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by JeffreyJames(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
The Paternal family dey vex cos them no see bride price money chop. Lmao..

What tribe?

12 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by UniversalDove: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
Interesting
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by JeffreyJames(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
Born2Breed:

The bride lied,the mother inlaw lied....what other lies will the innocent groom discover later?

Sometimes it's not that deep abeg

3 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Born2Breed(f): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
JeffreyJames:

Sometimes it's not that deep abeg

Na so we dey talk,later in the evening we go dey blame village people for wetin we refuse to do well in the morning.

What the paternal family want na wetin dem wan chop and if one apply wisdom one will discover that it won't really cost a big deal.
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by emeijeh(m): 3:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
"...,a certain rugged and fiercely looking man stood up and asked everyone to vacate the vicinity if they don't want to go back to their various destinations with body injuries ..."

This part got me laughing out loud!
I can imagine some women's reaction while running.

2 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by SilasNwude: 3:29pm On Aug 18, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:
Life goes On....

He is married already, he should just continue with his life. Leave the rest for their families.

What's most important now is about you and your lovely wife being happy. Let it pass like it never happened.

Send a message of apology to all you invited and establish how disappointed you and your wife feel about the whole situation that played. Wish them well and say a big thank you.

[/s]
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
JeffreyJames:
The Paternal family dey vex cos them no see bride price money chop. Lmao..

What tribe?
ebira tribe from okene Kogi State.The bride is cooling her head in admission now due to the unexpected shock,and according to the bride's paternal family,there was no marriage
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
Pvssy:
Life goes On....

The bride's paternal family insist there was no marriage
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by IamCharles123: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
If u love the girl, then proceed with the marriage, go to the bride family, sort things out with them n proceed with the marriage.
No need to do elaborate wedding again just do small thing n move on with ur life.
Though i dont support the bride father family but just sort things out with them.

2 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Richy4(m): 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2019
Court wedding... He should take her lady and head straight to the court now that the whole marriage fever is still in the Air.. He should select few people to bear witness... After the wedding, If he was in social media crazy bandwagon, he can post the pictures on social media and make sure that the paternal side sees that he was not defeated... Two wrong cannot make a right.. If they can do something so disgraceful like what they did, I won't even want to see them if I was to be in that groom's shoes...

They shouldn't have done that stupid thing on their daughter's wedding day... That's the kind of things Christian women might see in their dreams/ nightmare and starts pleading the Blood of Jesus..

Though my concern is the cake.. the cake!!.... what happened to the cake? grin

13 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by bukatyne(f): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
peepydelano:
The bride's paternal family insist there was no marriage

Did the wedding take place?

Any which way, let the new couple appease the paternal family and move on.

I am sure too much advert was what filtered the wedding plans to the paternal family.
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2019
Richy4:
Court wedding... He should take her lady and head straight to the court now that the whole marriage fever is still in the Air.. He should select few people to bear witness... After the wedding, If he was in social media crazy bandwagon, he can post the pictures on social media and make sure that the paternal side sees that he was not defeated... Two wrong cannot make a right..

They shouldn't have done that stupid thing on their daughter's wedding day... That's the kind of things Christian women might see in their dreams/ nightmare and starts pleading the Blood of Jesus..

Though my concern is the cake.. the cake.. what happened to the cake? grin
Exactly,i think they reacted too harsh,but some people think the mum deserves that reaction she got from them.Mehn I no look back ooo as i headed straight back to base.The cake should be in the mercy of sympathisers or what will i call them.
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by bukatyne(f): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Richy4:
Court wedding... He should take her lady and head straight to the court now that the whole marriage fever is still in the Air.. He should select few people to bear witness... After the wedding, If he was in social media crazy bandwagon, he can post the pictures on social media and make sure that the paternal side sees that he was not defeated... Two wrong cannot make a right.. If they can do something so disgraceful like what they did, I won't even want to see them if I was to be in that groom's shoes...

After a successful court wedding, who is he advertising to by posting pictures online?

Would lack of public announcement annull or make the marriage void?

And some people that cannot build can destroy. The young couple should be mindful of the paternal family.

3 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
bukatyne:

Did the wedding take place?

Any which way, let the new couple appease the paternal family and move on.

I am sure too much advert was what filtered the wedding plans to the paternal family.
They struck at the right time,and according to the bride's paternal family there was no wedding and if he's still interested in their daughter,he should follow the right procedure as it is against their culture for a woman to give her daughter out in marriage.
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by bukatyne(f): 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
peepydelano:
They struck at the right time,and according to the bride's paternal family there was no wedding and if he's still interested in their daughter,he should follow the right procedure as it is against their culture for a woman to give her daughter out in marriage.

Well, the family has given him a way of escape.

He should just appease them and start the marriage rites.

I fault the mother and daughter though.

Mother: should have involved her husband's people or told the SIL the reasonz they would not be a part.

Daughter: should have hinted her husband to be.

And since they decided not to involve the girl's father's family, is there any reason they made it loud?

1 Like

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Richy4(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
bukatyne:

After a successful court wedding, who is he advertising to by posting pictures online?

Would lack of public announcement annull or make the marriage void?

And some people that cannot build can destroy. The young couple should be mindful of the paternal family.

The paternal family disgraced them publicly.. he has the bragging right to let them know that the wedding still took place.. ie if he's into stuff like that... People cannot just be afraid for the rest of their life.. Every one will die someday... The fact that we are alive today, does not mean we will not go...It only means that the inevitable is being postponed for another day until the appointed time....
So if he send some pictures.. I won't blame him.. we are just reading it.. that is a total nightmare that shouldn't happen to anyone...

If I'm to be in the groom's shoes.. I will let him know that we got married eventually..

2 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by bukatyne(f): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
Richy4:

The paternal family disgraced them publicly.. he has the bragging right to let them know that the wedding still took place.. ie if he's into stuff like that... People cannot just be afraid for the rest of their life.. Every one will die someday... The fact that we are alive today, does not mean we will not go...It only means that the inevitable is being postponed for another day until the appointed time....
So if he send some pictures.. I won't blame him.. we are just reading it.. that is a total nightmare that shouldn't happen to anyone...

If I'm to be in the groom's shoes.. I will let him know that we got married eventually..

To what end?

Not necessarily.

And it is the girl's family that determines when a couple is married traditionally.

Same religiously.
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Richy4(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2019
peepydelano:
Exactly,i think they reacted too harsh,but some people think the mum deserves that reaction she got from them.Mehn I no look back ooo as i headed straight back to base.The cake should be in the mercy of sympathisers or what will i call them.

People are really quick to pass judgment.. there's nothing new based on that fact..
They didn't know how the mother managed when the girl was sick.. How she might have had a sleepless night thinking about where the next school fees might come from.. how they will eat, if the landlord will chase them away due to inability to pay rent.. they don't know and they don't care... If the man was not there during all these storms in her life , why is it necessary to invite him when the ocean is calm..

People especially Nigerians should differentiate between a father and a sperm donor.. The difference is clear..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
bukatyne:

Well, the family has given him a way of escape.

He should just appease them and start the marriage rites.

I fault the mother and daughter though.

Mother: should have involved her husband's people or told the SIL the reasonz they would not be a part.

Daughter: should have hinted her husband to be.

And since they decided not to involve the girl's father's family, is there any reason they made it loud?
Reasons the mom gave was that she see no reasons involving them since she has been solely responsible for her and her siblings after their fathers death and no one cared from their father's side if they existed or not.I stated that in the post

2 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by bukatyne(f): 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
peepydelano:
Reasons the mom gave was that she see no reasons involving them since she has been solely responsible for her and her siblings after their fathers death and no one cared from their father's side if they existed or not.I stated that in the post

I read it which I think is a joke.

In most Nigerian culture, paternal families are involved in weddings.
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by sisisioge: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
The matter is simple o.

MIL and bride should have let the groom in on the whole gist and invited the paternal family out of courtesy. But as the matter has gotten here, the groom should just go and marry his bride in court in a very simple 10 attendees ceremony. I hope he could still return some of the unused party things to get some money back. Woe unto that paternal family that wanted to reap where they did not sow!!

2 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Richy4(m): 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
bukatyne:

To what end?

Not necessarily.

And it is the girl's family that determines when a couple is married traditionally.

Same religiously.

Maybe you dI'd not understand me.. hope I wasn't speaking German.. I guess U quoted me wrongly... all I was saying is this, if the groom should send a picture of his court marriage to his 'father in law ' after what they did to him, I won't blame him for that..

1 Like

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by sisisioge: 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
Richy4:

Thank you o...a very simple matter. In fact, they shouldn't have wasted money on a big ceremony in the first place.
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
sisisioge:
The matter is simple o.

MIL and bride should have let the groom in on the whole gist and invited the paternal family out of courtesy. But as the matter has gotten here, the groom should just go and marry his bride in court in a very simple 10 attendees ceremony. I hope he could still return some of the unused party things to get some money back. Woe unto that paternal family that wanted to reap where they did not sow!!
exactly,why take such a harsh and rash actions over someone you barely know existed.They should have used other ways to approach such issues.

1 Like

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by bukatyne(f): 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
Richy4:

Maybe you dI'd not understand me.. hope I wasn't speaking German.. I guess U quoted me wrongly... all I was saying is this, if the groom should send a picture of his court marriage to his 'father in law ' after what they did to him, I won't blame him for that..

I get you and I am saying while it is tempting to do so, it is not necessary.
Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2019
stupid and useless paternal family that are trying to reap where they did not sow.

You never cared about their existence and welfare but now that they have found joy you came to scatter it. This one is what is called daylight witchcraft.

They should go to the court and complete the wedding

4 Likes

Re: Groom And His Family Chased Out Of His Wedding by Richy4(m): 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
bukatyne:

I get you and I am saying while it is tempting to do so, it is not necessary.

To u it's not... But to others it is... Don't forget that a lot of people were invited to the wedding that didn't take place.. Few will be invited for the court wedding... How will they know that they have married through other way or means? With the pictures posted, he will use that means to thank everyone for coming for his first that suffered mishap and apologise for what happened..A lot of people will understand if they were not invited to attend the second..

If I were to be in his shoes, and another wedding was done successfully, I will tag it..." thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemy.." with a huge cake well decorated.. me and his daughter smiling behind the wedding cake..

I will take the pic and send it to him ... it's not compulsory anyone must like it... since I can't stoop to his level, that's my way of getting back at him even if it's 5mins anger on his face.. it is enough..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Signs Of Immaturity In Marriage / I Am Up For Adoption / After 16 Years Of Marriage Man Finds Out 3 Of His 4 Children Are Not His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.