Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC (27944 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / 10 Cities In Nigeria Where Pidgin English Is Most Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by loadedvibes: 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
No be state dey first for there ?
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by capatainrambo: 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
checkolatunji:
Lie lie, am with the Flatinoes cos they developed Lagos. So, Aba must be included grin grin grin

Bad news for Flatinoes.
lolll you should include your oily kindred or are u saying they re all zombies?
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Unimaginable123: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
Afam4eva:

That's because those cities were not included. I think they only used the 30 most populous cities in the world.
use any indices you want, Lagos cannot even be described as a city. Just a collection of slums
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by blazetitov: 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Lagos? Is Lagos even a city in the sense of it?
I have been to more than 50 cities all over the world, Lagos is nothing close to what a city looks like. Lagos is the worst city that I have been to in my life. Useless and hopeless place.
Even cotonou beat Lagos hands down. Not to talk of Accra, Gambia, Dakar, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Tunis, Algiers, Morocco.
Haba, even in Africa, Lagos is the worst city that exists.
Been to Asia. Hong Kong, shanghai, Tokyo, Taiwan, Seoul. Many many others.
Not to talk of Europe.

Congratulations!! Clap for yourself. You should just say Lagos is hell on earth.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Bollinger(m): 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
devilson:
s.west rule others follow,soon ogun state would make the list.

some people with the head shape like back of my Samsung flatron lcd tv would come nd question the list nd create an aba made list with anambra as number one

Your problem is the problem a lot of Nigerians have and face. Lack of exposure. Until you explore other societies, you will never comprehend the full extent as to how phucked up everything about Nigeria is. Nigeria cannot be on the top 1000 list not to talk of the top 100. Accra, tallin, Riga, etc, are not on the list but Lagos is. Ok. I hear una. A city that is unbelievably dirty, ugly and dilapidated. Where nothing functions. Lol. To you, it may be the best thing since fried rice, but i assure you, it is absolutely horrible to say the least. Just because a bunch of people who don't know Lagos or ever been there are saying it is a great city does not mean it is. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Afam4eva(m): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unimaginable123:
use any indices you want, Lagos cannot even be described as a city. Just a collection of slums
Whether you like it or not, Lagos is a city and a highly urbanized one with a staggering population. So, based on that, it will make the cut most times, but will definitely score badly because it's nowhere as developed as any of those other cities. If a city like Abuja can make the cut, then it will rank better compared to Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by naijamerican: 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
Its clear the idiot that created this list was trolling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Roman83: 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
What is lagos doing on dat list, is it the lagos where there is no light,no drainage system, no portable water, slums and agbero/area boys/thugs everywhere?PWC must be high on something before bringing this reports out.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by drskyfly007(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
devilson:

some people with the head shape like back of my Samsung flatron lcd tv would come nd question the list nd create an aba made list with anambra as number one
Lagos is no mans land ;it belongs to all...Let me confirm from her.

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Bifwoli: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
checkolatunji:

But if it was Aba that was included you would have applauded the Op Abi? Yes I guess.

Guy park well

Of course if it was Enugu,Port Harcourt or Awka i'd have approved .Your point is moot and you don't even know it.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Boyedex: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
Afam4eva:
Actually, only 30 cities were used in the finding, so don't make it seem like Lagos scored a point as Lagos came last among the 30 cities. It's better they don't include Lagos in these rankings than put it just for us to carry last as usual.
Duh. The report never stated that only certain cities were used. So yours are nothing but speculations. By the way, Istanbul, Cairo and Kinshasa have very enormous populations too, some greater than Lagos. But they were not listed. So come up with something smarter.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by favourmic(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
kinzation:
EKO ONI BAJE

Abeg what of OTUOKE is it among..

otuoke ko okeuto ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Wowzer(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lagos in Portugal. cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by drskyfly007(m): 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
devilson:
one disadvantage of being an igbo is that ur opinion don't count.
When where you discharged Stop taking that stuff cos you sound like one of my patients

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Unimaginable123: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Afam4eva:

Whether you like it or not, Lagos is a city and a highly urbanized one with a staggering population. So, based on that, it will make the cut most times, but will definitely score badly because it's nowhere as developed as any of those other cities. If a city like Abuja can make the cut, then it will rank better compared to Lagos.
I live in Abuja. And I know Lagos like the back of my hands.
Population doesn't make a place a city. Lagos is just a hell. The worst place to live on earth.
See Lagos island, see VI, Ikoyi, Lekki and d rest. Just rubbish. Go to cotonou or Accra or Dakar or Cape Verde and see. Not to talk of Asia or Europe or Northern America
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Bom4Real: 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
Please what kind of ranking is it?No basic neccessecities of life in Lagos
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Afam4eva(m): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
Boyedex:
Duh. The report never stated that only certain cities were used. So yours are nothing but speculations. By the way, Istanbul, Cairo and Kinshasa have very enormous populations too, some greater than Lagos. But they were not listed. So come up with something smarter.

LONDON, Sept. 06, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- London claims pole position for the second time in a row in a comprehensive benchmarking study of 30 leading business centres globally, boding well for its ability to withstand post–Brexit competition on a number of fronts.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/09/06/869907/0/en/London-ranks-top-in-PwC-Cities-of-Opportunity-Index-followed-by-Singapore-and-Toronto.html

Fulfilling human needs appears as a cornerstone of successful cities in the study—notable because our 30 cities are all business and economic centers

http://www.pwc.com/us/en/cities-of-opportunity/finding-patterns.html

Whatcha say now?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by teepsee(f): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2016
Some people won't let us hear word now.

It's even at the last bottom, I thought i will see something smiling for undecided
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by reducto: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lagos that Yorubas have desecrated with their dirtiness. Coneheads sabi lie shagrin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by slurryeye: 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unimaginable123:
I have been to more than 50 cities all over the world, Lagos is nothing close to what a city looks like. Lagos is the worst city that I have been to in my life. Useless and hopeless place.
Even cotonou beat Lagos hands down. Not to talk of Accra, Gambia, Dakar, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Tunis, Algiers, Morocco.
Not to talk of Europe.

So much for a guy that has been to over 50 cities but doesn't know that Gambia, Morocco and Taiwan are not cities

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by ceejay4real(m): 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Puvor:
The survey asked 5,200 people from 16 countries questions about their perceptions of cities, ranked on everything from transportation and infrastructure to demographics and livability. Question topics touched on politics, economics and social issues. PwC, a London-based audit and tax consulting network, polled participants in December 2015, before the Brexit vote.
In a recent PWC survey, London ranked No. 1 as the perceived best city in the world. London took the top spot, because people said it has a "well-developed infrastructure," is well-connected globally and has a "well-developed legal framework." The city also received high marks in education and access to capital.
Paris came in at No. 2 because of its reputation as a trend-setter. Also, people think of it as a great destination for entertainment and food.
New York City placed third because of its"economic power," entertainment, setting trends and "having a well-developed physical and technological infrastructure. "Points against this city — traffic congestion and high cost of living.Here is the official ranking:
1. London
2. Paris
3. New York
4. Amsterdam
5. Sydney
6. Berlin
7. Tokyo
8. Toronto
9. Stockholm
10. Los Angeles
11. San Francisco
12. Dubai
13. Milan
14. Madrid
15. Chicago
16. Hong Kong
17. Singapore
18. Beijing
19. Seoul
20. Rio
21. Shanghai
22. Moscow
23. Johannesburg
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Mexico City
26. São Paulo
27. Mumbai
28. Jakarta
29. Bogotá
30. Lagos
Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/25/pwc-survey-people-think-these-30-cities-best-world/92717052/

No German city? Haba! This list is a ruse! Rubbish
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Afam4eva(m): 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
ceejay4real:

Can't you see Berlin on the list? I tbink they actually only used the leading business cities in the world as opposed to population that i posited earlier.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by AreaFada2: 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
Nice
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by elopee3000(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
devilson:

lol what of ibadan or jalingo?
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by goldentee(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
So #6. Berlin Is an Afghan city right?
ceejay4real:

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Jacko1(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2016
I can name 100 cities better than lagos in livability

Potential
Environment
Infrastructure

Abuja is a better city than lagos bar investments and IGR

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by drexy02: 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Not to talk of Europe.
grin as Lagos meet that top 30 pain u no lie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FRSC Official Joins Passenger In Praise & Worship After Taking Money From Driver / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / Inside The Magnificent Hermitage Museum Saint Petersburg, Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.