Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC (27966 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / 10 Cities In Nigeria Where Pidgin English Is Most Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by OCtheKing: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
ceejay4real:

No German city? Haba! This list is a ruse! Rubbish
I don't think u went through the list. Berlin is there
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by basti1212(m): 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
We are the ones to build this greate nation and make it enviable. Nobody will do it for us.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by kinzation(m): 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
[quote author=favourmic post=50590931]

otuoke ko okeuto ni[/quote lool make baba jona village dey dere too..ojoro ni o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Afam1103(m): 11:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
I don't think they meant Lagos Nigeria. There are many cities named Lagos around the world. Some countries that has cities named as Lagos include Greece, Portugal, Spain, Indonesia, Ghana, France, etc.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
Noooo.... Onitsha is number 12 . This people are bias

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by redsun(m): 11:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
They must mean Portuguese Lagos. How can anybody live Lagos has no running,no electricity. Chaotic/toxic traffic and eyesore streets. Not to mention dangerous mosquitoes.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by centboy123456(m): 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Lagos? Is Lagos even a city in the sense of it?
I have been to more than 50 cities all over the world, Lagos is nothing close to what a city looks like. Lagos is the worst city that I have been to in my life. Useless and hopeless place.
Even cotonou beat Lagos hands down. Not to talk of Accra, Gambia, Dakar, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Tunis, Algiers, Morocco.
Haba, even in Africa, Lagos is the worst city that exists.
Been to Asia. Hong Kong, shanghai, Tokyo, Taiwan, Seoul. Many many others.
Not to talk of Europe.

Oga na ture u talk I just dey look the lagos wen no get any tin but wait oh oga boss u don go far oh na wow how many years u tell go all these place self abeg tell me
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by MrTour: 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Obviously it must be London.

A city lively and bubbly 247.

A city for all.

A city where you cut your cloth according to your pocket size.

A city where you can have it all.

A city where you can buy full chicken for N1000.

A city where food supply is bigger than the population x 100 times.

A city where everything works.

A city where public health is N01.

I love London city.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by ATERI(m): 11:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
MrTour:
Obviously it must be London.

A city lively and bubbly 247.

A city for all.

A city where you cut your cloth according to your pocket size.

A city where you can have it all.

A city where you can buy full chicken for N1000.

A city where food supply is bigger than the population x 100 times.

A city where everything works.

A city where public health is N01.

I love London city.

"England has collapsed politically, monetarily,constitutionally and economically"- Mark Rutte, the Dutch Prime Minister
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by uncleade(m): 11:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unimaginable123:
I have been to more than 50 cities all over the world, Lagos is nothing close to what a city looks like. Lagos is the worst city that I have been to in my life. Useless and hopeless place.
Even cotonou beat Lagos hands down. Not to talk of Accra, Gambia, Dakar, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Tunis, Algiers, Morocco.
Not to talk of Europe.
ILLITRATE,UNIMAGINABLE OLODO. Are GAMBIA, CAPE VERDE, MOROCCO cities?could u please go back to school ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Ugosample(m): 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
Unimaginable123:
I live in Abuja. And I know Lagos like the back of my hands.
Population doesn't make a place a city. Lagos is just a hell. The worst place to live on earth.
See Lagos island, see VI, Ikoyi, Lekki and d rest. Just rubbish. Go to cotonou or Accra or Dakar or Cape Verde and see. Not to talk of Asia or Europe or Northern America

Never Compare Cotonou or Accra with Lagos again...

I have been to all these cities, and the two I listed up there are not better than Lagos in any way like that...
The only thing they have is just the light, which they even take these days, so what are you saying?

BTW.... Dakar has a unique charm tho I must say....
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Ugosample(m): 12:00am On Oct 29, 2016
uncleade:
ILLITRATE, AND DOUBLE OLODO. Are GAMBIA, CAPE VERDE, MOROCCO cities could u please go back to school ?

Don't mind him
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by numericalguy(m): 12:01am On Oct 29, 2016
The south_beasts from the south_least seem to be having a belly ache over this news.

See the way the are rolling on the floor and foaming in the mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Ccdavies(m): 12:09am On Oct 29, 2016
I hear some shouting Aba and im like Aba for real? It must b coming frm non Abians i guest cus nwa Aba go tell Aba cant b classify among cities as one of the citiy..

No h factor.oo bt put benin there

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 29, 2016
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by soath(m): 1:03am On Oct 29, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
Some people won't sleep tonight grin cheesy
You're wicked. Wetin we do you?
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by davidif: 1:22am On Oct 29, 2016
Bollinger:

Your problem is the problem a lot of Nigerians have and face. Lack of exposure. Until you explore other societies, you will never comprehend the full extent as to how phucked up everything about Nigeria is. Nigeria cannot be on the top 1000 list not to talk of the top 100. Accra, tallin, Riga, etc, are not on the list but Lagos is. Ok. I hear una. A city that is unbelievably dirty, ugly and dilapidated. Where nothing functions. Lol. To you, it may be the best thing since fried rice, but i assure you, it is absolutely horrible to say the least. Just because a bunch of people who don't know Lagos or ever been there are saying it is a great city does not mean it is. Smh

Guy, i am stunned that they would even put Nigeria on the list. This shows the limitation of the metrics they used to evaluate this cities.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Nobody: 1:27am On Oct 29, 2016
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by tomdon(m): 1:36am On Oct 29, 2016
devilson:
s.west rule others follow,soon ogun state would make the list.

some people with the head shape like back of my Samsung flatron lcd tv would come nd question the list nd create an aba made list with anambra as number one

Very dry derogatory, senseless, tribalistic, biased, unfounded, sick opinion
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by lesson44: 1:49am On Oct 29, 2016
Puvor:
The survey asked 5,200 people from 16 countries questions about their perceptions of cities, ranked on everything from transportation and infrastructure to demographics and livability. Question topics touched on politics, economics and social issues. PwC, a London-based audit and tax consulting network, polled participants in December 2015, before the Brexit vote.
In a recent PWC survey, London ranked No. 1 as the perceived best city in the world. London took the top spot, because people said it has a "well-developed infrastructure," is well-connected globally and has a "well-developed legal framework." The city also received high marks in education and access to capital.
Paris came in at No. 2 because of its reputation as a trend-setter. Also, people think of it as a great destination for entertainment and food.
New York City placed third because of its"economic power," entertainment, setting trends and "having a well-developed physical and technological infrastructure. "Points against this city — traffic congestion and high cost of living.Here is the official ranking:
1. London
2. Paris
3. New York
4. Amsterdam
5. Sydney
6. Berlin
7. Tokyo
8. Toronto
9. Stockholm
10. Los Angeles
11. San Francisco
12. Dubai
13. Milan
14. Madrid
15. Chicago
16. Hong Kong
17. Singapore
18. Beijing
19. Seoul
20. Rio
21. Shanghai
22. Moscow
23. Johannesburg
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Mexico City
26. São Paulo
27. Mumbai
28. Jakarta
29. Bogotá
30. Lagos
Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/25/pwc-survey-people-think-these-30-cities-best-world/92717052/
I don't know who came out with this list. But I promise you lagos is not even close to the position it occupied.
All the major cities in the usa will definitely comes ahead. NOT to talk about the major cities in Germany, and other European countries. Common Havana Cuba is better than Lagos in terms of organisations.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by obontami: 1:58am On Oct 29, 2016
I swear with Almighty God no place like Lagos in whole west africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by walosky(m): 2:25am On Oct 29, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Not to talk of Europe.
Hmm...Bros, mbok I fear you o! All those countries, only you Lai-Lai mohammed and Bubu no travel reacsh you o..shuo!
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Edum13656: 2:47am On Oct 29, 2016
ceejay4real:

is Berlin in the Congo?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Edum13656: 2:47am On Oct 29, 2016
ceejay4real:

is Berlin in the Congo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Emo101(m): 3:49am On Oct 29, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Not to talk of Europe.
huuuuuuuuuum I See Mr Ajala Travel All Over The World...But I Guess Say Na Dat Lagos U Still Dey Ba?Guy Park One Side And Eat Cucumber
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by fourthworld: 4:47am On Oct 29, 2016
Puvor:
The survey asked 5,200 people from 16 countries questions about their perceptions of cities, ranked on everything from transportation and infrastructure to demographics and livability. Question topics touched on politics, economics and social issues. PwC, a London-based audit and tax consulting network, polled participants in December 2015, before the Brexit vote.
In a recent PWC survey, London ranked No. 1 as the perceived best city in the world. London took the top spot, because people said it has a "well-developed infrastructure," is well-connected globally and has a "well-developed legal framework." The city also received high marks in education and access to capital.
Paris came in at No. 2 because of its reputation as a trend-setter. Also, people think of it as a great destination for entertainment and food.
New York City placed third because of its"economic power," entertainment, setting trends and "having a well-developed physical and technological infrastructure. "Points against this city — traffic congestion and high cost of living.Here is the official ranking:
1. London
2. Paris
3. New York
4. Amsterdam
5. Sydney
6. Berlin
7. Tokyo
8. Toronto
9. Stockholm
10. Los Angeles
11. San Francisco
12. Dubai
13. Milan
14. Madrid
15. Chicago
16. Hong Kong
17. Singapore
18. Beijing
19. Seoul
20. Rio
21. Shanghai
22. Moscow
23. Johannesburg
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Mexico City
26. São Paulo
27. Mumbai
28. Jakarta
29. Bogotá
30. Lagos
Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/25/pwc-survey-people-think-these-30-cities-best-world/92717052/

Stop making noise about this slum called Lagos. Before Lagos should even be enlisted to compete in modern cities, they should at least have 6/7 electricity. How can a city in total darkness in the 21st century even dream to recognized? Just pathetic. Nigerians are so shameless, the best thing for Nigeria is to stop measuring and keep a low profile. Emerging better developing cities with 24/7 electricity in Africa like Johannesburg, Capetown, Cairo, Tunis, Maroc, Nairobi, Kampala, Accra can compete and not any city from NIGERIA that belongs to caveman age of darkness

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by 19naia(m): 4:48am On Oct 29, 2016
I can think of 100 cities in USA i would rather live than Lagos.
Another 100 cities in Europe and Asia that would leave Lagos behind.

Lagos is coming together though. It compares well along side some South American cities. The only differences that most of the South american great cities have much older development with grand architecture, but many are slacking in their quality while lagos is growing quality steadily.
Lagos is not there yet but it is growing. Piped water and electricity supply alone make Nigeria rank below 199 cities. Then the cost of decent areas to live in Lagos is higher than many other cities with ten times the quality of living. Lagos is overpriced with very little true quality to offer even when they charge you big money for it. That keeps Nigeria low on the honest lists and leads the Naira to low value. When people overprice beyond international standards, currency value falls beyond international standards. And if you peg the currency, international interests will fall and move on to where quality is better and price is reasonable.
I have been to so many cities where i can live better quality than lagos at a much lower price than lagos. So i will go there next month and stay away from Lagos. grin
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by fourthworld: 4:50am On Oct 29, 2016
davidif:

Guy, i am stunned that they would even put Nigeria on the list. This shows the limitation of the metrics they used to evaluate this cities.

Nigeria cannot make 100,000 list. Nigeria belongs to the Caveman age of absolute darkness, but why they won't just keep quiet and know where they belong is still a mystery to me
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by izombie(m): 4:51am On Oct 29, 2016
Its obvious a lot of folks shouting lagos have never been outside nigeria. Before i left nigeria for the first time i used to think lagos is the best city in the world. Now of all the cities i've been to, lagos is hell compared to those cities. 30th out of 30 cities and someone is here shouting lagos. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by fourthworld: 4:54am On Oct 29, 2016
redsun:
They must mean Portuguese Lagos. How can anybody live Lagos has no running,no electricity. Chaotic/toxic traffic and eyesore streets. Not to mention dangerous mosquitoes.

They are just living in delusion and making noise. If they ever travel around African cities alone, they will curse the day they were born Nigerians. This illusionary belief is why the citizens don't want to revolt against these corrupt wicked leaders that have set Nigeria 360% behind the sun. Cursed pathetic Country indeed forming giant
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by WhoBeThisMan: 4:55am On Oct 29, 2016
devilson:
s.west rule others follow,soon ogun state would make the list.

some people with the head shape like back of my Samsung flatron lcd tv would come nd question the list nd create an aba made list with anambra as number one
lagos is not great because it is a western state, Lagos is truly a blessed state because of its multicultural tolerance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Qatar Airways Is 2019 World's Best Airlines, See The Top 10 African Airlines / Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / BRT Bus Crushes Bike Man To Death In Ikorodu Area Of Lagos. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.