Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC (27964 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / 10 Cities In Nigeria Where Pidgin English Is Most Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by amiskurie(m): 5:15am On Oct 29, 2016
I saw this days ago and wonder why it didn't make a news in need Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by amiskurie(m): 5:18am On Oct 29, 2016
Puvor:
The survey asked 5,200 people from 16 countries questions about their perceptions of cities, ranked on everything from transportation and infrastructure to demographics and livability. Question topics touched on politics, economics and social issues. PwC, a London-based audit and tax consulting network, polled participants in December 2015, before the Brexit vote.
In a recent PWC survey, London ranked No. 1 as the perceived best city in the world. London took the top spot, because people said it has a "well-developed infrastructure," is well-connected globally and has a "well-developed legal framework." The city also received high marks in education and access to capital.
Paris came in at No. 2 because of its reputation as a trend-setter. Also, people think of it as a great destination for entertainment and food.
New York City placed third because of its"economic power," entertainment, setting trends and "having a well-developed physical and technological infrastructure. "Points against this city — traffic congestion and high cost of living.Here is the official ranking:
1. London
2. Paris
3. New York
4. Amsterdam
5. Sydney
6. Berlin
7. Tokyo
8. Toronto
9. Stockholm
10. Los Angeles
11. San Francisco
12. Dubai
13. Milan
14. Madrid
15. Chicago
16. Hong Kong
17. Singapore
18. Beijing
19. Seoul
20. Rio
21. Shanghai
22. Moscow
23. Johannesburg
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Mexico City
26. São Paulo
27. Mumbai
28. Jakarta
29. Bogotá
30. Lagos
Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/25/pwc-survey-people-think-these-30-cities-best-world/92717052/
There is actually two categories and Lagos also makes no 30th in that, you as should post that too
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by davidif: 5:19am On Oct 29, 2016
fourthworld:

Nigeria cannot make 100,000 list. Nigeria belongs to the Caveman age of absolute darkness, but why they won't just keep quiet and know where they belong is still a mystery to me

It's called pride boy! Now when you take that and mix that up with ignorance (you dont know what you don't know) then you have a toxic mix.

You gotta understand some of these people don't have a good frame of reference so they are making comparison based on what they know. If a guy has not left Nigeria before how would he know how very very backward Nigeria is? It's only when you have been to the likes of Vienna or Bucharest before that you can understand where Naija is so abeg free the guy abeg.
I am sure if you never had the chance to go outside Naija you would probably would be in the dark (ignorant) as he is.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by toyinid78: 5:53am On Oct 29, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Lagos? Is Lagos even a city in the sense of it?
I have been to more than 50 cities all over the world, Lagos is nothing close to what a city looks like. Lagos is the worst city that I have been to in my life. Useless and hopeless place.
Even cotonou beat Lagos hands down. Not to talk of Accra, Gambia, Dakar, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Tunis, Algiers, Morocco.
Haba, even in Africa, Lagos is the worst city that exists.
Been to Asia. Hong Kong, shanghai, Tokyo, Taiwan, Seoul. Many many others.
Not to talk of Europe.
ur a lier lagos is far better dan cotonou,lome,monrovia etc excpet cote de voire,we're u av bin most of us av bin too n lagos has wat some of dis cities in africa dnt av,mali,sudan excpet morroco,algeria,libya,tunisia,but for u to say cotonour ur wicked n selfish
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Sheggy13(m): 5:58am On Oct 29, 2016
toyinid78:
ur a lier lagos is far better dan cotonou,lome,monrovia etc excpet cote de voire,we're u av bin most of us av bin too n lagos has wat some of dis cities in africa dnt av,mali,sudan excpet morroco,algeria,libya,tunisia,but for u to say cotonour ur wicked n selfish
Why are you replying that senseless and hateful fellow. If they had put Enugu, Owerri or even dirty Aba on that list instead of Lagos, you'd have seen the fool boasting about how mighty the SE is.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by toyinid78: 5:59am On Oct 29, 2016
Who ar dos kids dat keep saying igbos develop lagos?ar dey aware dat lagos has bin developed b4 igbos came lagos was d capital of nigeria n has. Seated more dan one president in dodan barracks,d airport,national theatre was made by igbos?wat about slave trade dat never mention any igbos name ,igbos only came to lagos to sell wen lagos was capital,if dey can develop dey wud av made one of d eastern states developed
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by superstarDikk(m): 6:12am On Oct 29, 2016
Unimaginable123:
I have been to more than 50 cities all over the world, Lagos is nothing close to what a city looks like. Lagos is the worst city that I have been to in my life. Useless and hopeless place.
Even cotonou beat Lagos hands down. Not to talk of Accra, Gambia, Dakar, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Seychelles, Cape Verde, Tunis, Algiers, Morocco.
Not to talk of Europe.
Busy body who ask u? How on earth is Accra and Cotonou better than Lagos? well its on the list, if u don't like it go and commit suicide

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by superstarDikk(m): 6:15am On Oct 29, 2016
NairaMaster1:

You can do better without Abusing GEJ. Many ruled Nigeria before him with worst story and are still ruling without hope. Live and let's live
Jona is the worse thing that has happened to this country o. no even go there. Lets wait till 2019 to see if he will have a competition in Buhari.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by ZUBY77(m): 6:25am On Oct 29, 2016
Bifwoli:

The OP has inverted the survey findings to fit his views.

There's no way Lagos can rate higher than Shenzhen ,Buenos Aires,Durban ,Rabat ,Melbourne,Houston and Algiers on livability and infrastructure.

Don't mind the blackheads who love massaging their useless egos.

Now Lagos as dirty as it is has become better than Munich and hamburg.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by drbre(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Not to talk of Europe.

display of ignorance
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Qc1(m): 6:45am On Oct 29, 2016
Puvor:
The survey asked 5,200 people from 16 countries questions about their perceptions of cities, ranked on everything from transportation and infrastructure to demographics and livability. Question topics touched on politics, economics and social issues. PwC, a London-based audit and tax consulting network, polled participants in December 2015, before the Brexit vote.
In a recent PWC survey, London ranked No. 1 as the perceived best city in the world. London took the top spot, because people said it has a "well-developed infrastructure," is well-connected globally and has a "well-developed legal framework." The city also received high marks in education and access to capital.
Paris came in at No. 2 because of its reputation as a trend-setter. Also, people think of it as a great destination for entertainment and food.
New York City placed third because of its"economic power," entertainment, setting trends and "having a well-developed physical and technological infrastructure. "Points against this city — traffic congestion and high cost of living.Here is the official ranking:
1. London
2. Paris
3. New York
4. Amsterdam
5. Sydney
6. Berlin
7. Tokyo
8. Toronto
9. Stockholm
10. Los Angeles
11. San Francisco
12. Dubai
13. Milan
14. Madrid
15. Chicago
16. Hong Kong
17. Singapore
18. Beijing
19. Seoul
20. Rio
21. Shanghai
22. Moscow
23. Johannesburg
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Mexico City
26. São Paulo
27. Mumbai
28. Jakarta
29. Bogotá
30. Lagos
Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/25/pwc-survey-people-think-these-30-cities-best-world/92717052/

Although my parents are both Lagosian from Ikorodu, this news would have been a very welcome one if the writer in the article was referring to "Lagidi" but unfortunately he/she was talking about Lagos, Portugal and NOT Lagos, Nigeria. I still believe Lagos Nigeria will be on this list comes 2020 due to ongoing projects and infrastructures like Eko Atlantic, Eko light rail metro, 4th mainland bridge, Oshodi BRT hub etc.

For those haters with negatives comments..... go ahead! Lagos story will be like Balak and Balam in the bible, you can't stop Lagos getting to her glory.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Funjosh(m): 6:51am On Oct 29, 2016
Edum13656:

is Berlin in the Congo?

He meant Berlin in Zimbabwe grin
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Angelahoney: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2016
Good. Sometimes I don't take these West people seriously. I thought I once saw an article that says Lagos is one of the worst places to live in.
But this one is not bad at all. I love Lagos but hate the traffic.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by forgiveness: 7:33am On Oct 29, 2016
Unimaginable123:
I live in Abuja. And I know Lagos like the back of my hands.
Population doesn't make a place a city. Lagos is just a hell. The worst place to live on earth.
See Lagos island, see VI, Ikoyi, Lekki and d rest. Just rubbish. Go to cotonou or Accra or Dakar or Cape Verde and see. Not to talk of Asia or Europe or Northern America

But why did some Ghanaians I meet rate Lagos than Accra?
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 29, 2016
author=Bifwoli post=50589531 The OP has inverted the survey findings to fit his views.

GBAM!!! grin grin grin grin

Even though I suspect you're from Ihiala
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by frankodus(m): 7:40am On Oct 29, 2016
Nigeria mentalities
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by gbounty: 7:50am On Oct 29, 2016
holluwai:
Another crap. No be the Lagos wey I dey live

Surely not!
What makes you think you live in lagos?
Itele is partly Ogun State and not LAGOS. OLODO...OMO..Biafra....
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Damibiz(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2016
Haba Maigidar,why did u hate Nigeria sooo much na,ANY WAY I U DONT LIKE THE RESULT PACK UR THINGS AND GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY....shekina...why ranting....Nonsense,i hv being to other Cities who ask u
Unimaginable123:
Not to talk of Europe.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Damibiz(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2016
Haba Maigidar,why did u hate Nigeria sooo much na,ANY WAY If U DONT LIKE THE RESULT PACK UR THINGS AND GO TO ANOTHER COUNTRY....shekina...why ranting....Nonsense,i hv being to other Cities who ask u
Unimaginable123:
Not to talk of Europe.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2016
The question nobody is asking is which lagos. Could also be the 1 in Portugal

1 Like

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Orikinla(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2016
Puvor:
1. London
2. Paris
3. New York
4. Amsterdam
5. Sydney
6. Berlin
7. Tokyo
8. Toronto
9. Stockholm
10. Los Angeles
11. San Francisco
12. Dubai
13. Milan
14. Madrid
15. Chicago
16. Hong Kong
17. Singapore
18. Beijing
19. Seoul
20. Rio
21. Shanghai
22. Moscow
23. Johannesburg
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Mexico City
26. São Paulo
27. Mumbai
28. Jakarta
29. Bogotá
30. Lagos

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Orikinla(m): 8:12am On Oct 29, 2016
gbounty:

Surely not!

Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by kolaaderin: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2016
cokiek:
I still dont get why people love London...as for Lagos;;;Shocking!

If u have been there u will understand why. London transportation system is second to non anywhere in the world. No country in the world has been able to match that infrastructure its just too advance a mass commutting .
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by holluwai(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2016
Baba e ni biafräud, oponu!

Na so una dey take jump, park jor supo.

gbounty:

Surely not!
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by deebsman1(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2016
Lagos the only in Africa.

Let us be sentimental, Lagos is a great.

Without sentiments again, Lagos is still great.

No other city like it in this part of the universe. Like it or not, Lagos rubs shoulders with the world greatests #class
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 29, 2016
Orikinla:
a

Being behind Sao Paolo, Brazil and Bogota, Colombia is bad oh!
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by udo001(m): 8:55am On Oct 29, 2016
what makes u guy's think that Lagos is one of the worst cities in the world,is it for the fact that its a Nigerian city. let me ask is Lagos not among the most populated cities in the world.The way u think about this country is the mean reasons Nigeria is were it is today .there is no country in the world that it's citizens think the way most of Nigerian citizens think and behaved.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Bhuldoxxa(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2016
Puvor:
1. London
2. Paris
3. New York
4. Amsterdam
5. Sydney
6. Berlin
7. Tokyo
8. Toronto
9. Stockholm
10. Los Angeles
11. San Francisco
12. Dubai
13. Milan
14. Madrid
15. Chicago
16. Hong Kong
17. Singapore
18. Beijing
19. Seoul
20. Rio
21. Shanghai
22. Moscow
23. Johannesburg
24. Kuala Lumpur
25. Mexico City
26. São Paulo
27. Mumbai
28. Jakarta
29. Bogotá
30. Lagos

30th position is very bad!
I wonder who among you can take a result home where you came 30th except you are a real time Dundee.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by emyddon: 9:24am On Oct 29, 2016
slurryeye:

So much for a guy that has been to over 50 cities but doesn't know that Gambia, Morocco and Taiwan are not cities
My brother, I owe you big time for that awesome reply. No be only Gambia, na Banjul. Hating comes naturally to some people.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by shotster50(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2016
Easily pleased people... Best cities in what?! Infrastructure, Constant electricity, ease of transportation, security ?! keep deluding yourself.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Gerrard59(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2016
kolaaderin:

If u have been there u will understand why. London transportation system is second to non anywhere in the world. No country in the world has been able to match that infrastructure its just too advance a mass commutting .

I presume you haven't been to Tokyo.
Re: Lagos Among Best 30 Cities In The World - PWC by Unimaginable123: 9:45am On Oct 29, 2016
uncleade:
ILLITRATE,UNIMAGINABLE OLODO. Are GAMBIA, CAPE VERDE, MOROCCO cities?could u please go back to school ?
olodo. Buffon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Qatar Airways Is 2019 World's Best Airlines, See The Top 10 African Airlines / Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / Japa Or Stay In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.