Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI (41761 Views)

Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? / Where's The Best Place To Live In Lagos Mainland? / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by titosantana(m): 8:31am On Oct 29, 2016
That amount could only get you a decent place in Ikorodu or Sango.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Qc1(m): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2016
uwagimboo:

Sir, u dont stay in 9ja for now, so pls don't advise what u don't know..

Using 10mins from ajah to VI That is if he would be leaving home 3-4 am daily...

I remember having an appointment sometime this month at Marina by 8am, I left home 5.50am but as at 7.30 i was still at Jakande...

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 29, 2016
that 250k would get just a mini flat from iyana ipaja to sango, or mile 12 to ikorodu
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by hathiba: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2016
you are obviously using the rent u were paying in your former place or state to compare Lagos.... Lagos may not have as much oil like Bayelsa etc, bt land in Lagos is gold.
250k is unimaginable to leave anywhere near VI, Mainland...
250k budget will deliver several houses for you in Ogun state, Epe, Oyo state.
my brother, jack up ur budget to like 800k , then ur stress may b reduced though stress will still be there.
Lastly, factor into yr expenses fuel you will burn in hold up cos its a natural way of life...
welcome to city of excellence where majority of people there never came to count bridges nor okun and Osa...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by orlando5: 8:46am On Oct 29, 2016
Ajah to VI wud take more time, becos of traffic, so it's better you stay at, cele(near mile 2), okota, surulere, or at most mile 2

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by bremmery: 8:47am On Oct 29, 2016
vokolo:
Guys,
I am relocating my family to Lagos and i would like to live in a part of Lagos that wouldn't stress me so much in getting to and fro VI due to work. I am equally considering a budget of not more than 250k a year and i am hoping this can fetch me a 2bedroom apartment.

Your candid advice on which part of Lagos i should base my search on considering transportation stress and my budget would be well appreciated.

Thank you.
Think of Ikorodu, Agric area. Take BRT to and fro to CMS every morning and evening with cool AC all the way.

5 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by dROC1: 8:49am On Oct 29, 2016
250k is not even up to the service charge for some flats in lekki axis talkless of self contained.

I was billed 1 million naira(agency and legal inclusive) to rent a BQ in VGC that looked like a chicken house last year. When schools are in session it could take as much as 2 hours getting to VI from VGC.

Your best bet is ibeju lekki or ikorodu area

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Adeevah(m): 8:52am On Oct 29, 2016
Alagbado or toll gate
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by crowntoro(f): 8:52am On Oct 29, 2016
EkoErrands:
Berger
you wicked bro grin cheesy grin
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by ghuzy01: 8:54am On Oct 29, 2016
Henz24:
@op, to be sincere with u, that budget can only get u a descent a room self contain, no more. My advice is get the room self contain, work for some months or even a year, safe up before bringing your family, Lagos is pretty expensive but if you insist on banging wifey every night, then increase ur budget to 600k for a flat in gbagada, will not suggest oworo, that place seems to be disturbed by some evil spirit
Whalahi,I just confirm say na mad people full this nairaland. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Antoeni(m): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2016
Ajagbandi in Ojo loca govt
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by willibounce1(m): 9:05am On Oct 29, 2016
Lol... you go hear am... I hope you are not one of the people who live in the village and yab lagos... 250k for a whole 2bedrooom close to V.I? Na agbara, mowe, deepest part of ikorodu na im for your budget
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by ndcide(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2016
Qc1:

First, I don't live in naija (so, this might not be your best option) but I'm relocating to Ikorodu very soon.

IMO, if you drive and want to live in Fashola Housing estate near Bayeku town, then it will take 5 minutes drive to Bayeku + another 5 minutes on the ferry to Langbasa (Ajah) + another 10 minutes to VI = 20 minutes to work grin. I believe you will spend less than your budget for 2 bedroom.

This must be a kind of joke.. I think.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Ladycroon(f): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2016
Ikorodu is better then you use the ferry to go to the other side. grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by nihinlade(m): 9:22am On Oct 29, 2016
Yaba, Surulere, Mushin, Oshodi, Oworo, Berger etc but you should budget AT LEAST 400k/450k per year and also budget "searching time" because I discover that one of the secrets of getting a good apartment for less in Lagos is not being in a hurry/rush during the search period. You will get many places that will not meet your taste but if you are not in a hurry you will later get a fair place with fair price.

No go areas are: Iyana Ipaja, Sango, Ikotun, Igando, Okoko, Badagry, Agege etc

5 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by jidxin(m): 9:23am On Oct 29, 2016
Odunharry:

Lol... U no like the bobo o..
dats iyana oworo berger. one of d best place nd close proximity to vi
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by jidxin(m): 9:24am On Oct 29, 2016
alapere
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Babateemd: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2016
uwagimboo:
250k for 2 bedroom in lagos
Just ve it in mind that Agbara or Badagry is ur portion..

If u re serious about staying close to VI, then budget 500-600k for 1 hour drive.

800-1.2 mill for 30mins drive..

5mins drive, from 2 million to infinity..

stick to this advise Op. right on point.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by samenet(m): 9:27am On Oct 29, 2016
Is that agency fee?
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Imoksp(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2016
vokolo:
Guys,
I am relocating my family to Lagos and i would like to live in a part of Lagos that wouldn't stress me so much in getting to and fro VI due to work. I am equally considering a budget of not more than 250k a year and i am hoping this can fetch me a 2bedroom apartment.

Your candid advice on which part of Lagos i should base my search on considering transportation stress and my budget would be well appreciated.

Thank you.
i can giv u my self contain in Ajah to manage 4d mean time. Pending wen u must hav gathered enuf info.on how to get a gud apartment in Lagos. Beware of Lagos guys especially at this hard time.u can call me lets talk.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Henz24(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Abeg nothing concern me with mmm
same here, I heard its quite rewarding though
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Henz24(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2016
ghuzy01:

Whalahi,I just confirm say na mad people full this nairaland. grin
and na u be their chief abi
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by vokolo(m): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2016
I really thank everyone that has commented even the comics. I really like to be optimistic. I lived in Lagos years back so i understand some of the challenges. I know rent has also gone up. I know 2 very close people that have lived in Isolo and Oshodi last year and paid 250k a year for decent 2 bedroom flats so i know its not impossible. Av spent time in their houses so i know. Am surprised some people are telling me to go live in Badagry or Ogun. I know rent in Lagos can be very expensive. My target was ihr drive to the Island. Meanwhile the 250k is not cast in stone, it was only a budget that can be revised.

Thanks everyone. Ill way my options and decide.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by jidxin(m): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2016
orlando5:
Ajah to VI wud take more time, becos of traffic, so it's better you stay at, cele(near mile 2), okota, surulere, or at most mile 2
broooossss re u a lagosian at all. bad advice
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by onward4life(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2016
uwagimboo:
250k for 2 bedroom in lagos
Just ve it in mind that Agbara or Badagry is ur portion..

If u re serious about staying close to VI, then budget 500-600k for 1 hour drive.

800-1.2 mill for 30mins drive..

5mins drive, from 2 million to infinity..

Hw come nobody is mentioning ojota by ogudu. That's between ojota and express.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by twinskenny(m): 10:25am On Oct 29, 2016
Adekunle yaba
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by eleshin(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2016
Iyana oworo, Anthony, Gbagada, Ogudu....... 30mins to V/I but you need like 300k-400k for 2bedroom.250k can only get u Room/Parlor self con.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2016
250K CAN ONLY GET U 2 BED ROOM FLAT FROM IKORODU, MOWE AND IBAFO AXIS, SURULERE WOULD BEEN BETTER FOR YOU, BUT THAT 250K CAN ONLY PAY AGENCY AND AGREEMENT FEE WITHOUT THE HOUSE RENT. ADVICE:- LEAVE YOUR FAMILY WHERE EVER THEY ARE COME AND SQART WITH FRIENDS, THEN AFTER SOME MONTHS YOU CAN NIW BRING THEM. THATS THE WAY WE RILE AM.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Ayus4u(m): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2016
Epe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by Revolva(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2016
Ajegunle Apapa is very close...ok...Surulere...also....
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by stynhaq(m): 11:00am On Oct 29, 2016
vokolo:
Guys,

Thank you.

Best bet is Yaba/Ebute Meta. Roughly around 600-800 per annum. Around 1-2 hours to VI averagely.

Otherwise you might want to try outskirts of lagos where you'd get your specifications for 200-250 but 4hours to the island daily.
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos If Working In VI by deriod(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2016
seguntijan:
Surulere, Yaba, Oworo, Ebute metta, Ketu, Anthony, Gbagada, Oshodi, Ajah, etc, these are areas that are close to the Island but with your budget, you can't get 2 bedroom flat in these areas. The mathematical equation will tell us that the 250k+ transportation+stress will actually be greater than staying in those places listed Above. You can't eat your cake and have it.
Most sensible comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Building This 6 Bedroom Bungalow / Eko Atlantic City,southwest Nigeria,construction Updates / Ibadan Explosion Aftermath: Buildings In Ruins, People Injured (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.