Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain (48640 Views)

Help Terkimbi Tom To Recover His Missing Certificates / Meet Chinedu Mitchel, The Shortest Man In ABSU Who Anchors 'Personality Checks' / List Of 10 Cheapest Universities In Britain For International Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
sammyotukoya:
TOM ILUBE, founder of the trailblazing African Science Academy, has today (Oct 25) been named the country’s most influential black person on the UK.

The British Nigerian topped Powerlist 2017, the annual list of the 100 most powerful people of African and African Caribbean heritage in Britain.

Ilube claimed the number one spot for his outstanding work in education where he has demonstrably impacted thousands of lives and for his success in launching several successful technology companies.

The philanthropist set up the charity, African Gifted Foundation, to help transform the lives of hundreds of children on the continent.

This year, he opened the African Science Academy (ASA), Africa’s first girls-only science and technology school, based in Ghana with young women scientists attending from six countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Cameroon, Sierra Leone and Uganda.

The academy is driving Africa's development by inspiring and unleashing the next generation of gifted scientists and engineers and hopes to admit over 200 students a year from across the continent.

Reflecting on his achievements with ASA, Ilube said: “Launching the African Science Academy is the highlight of all my work in education over the past decade. I am convinced that we have brilliant young women in African who have the potential to be tomorrow's world class scientists and engineers."

Ilube is also the Founder and CEO of Crossword Cybersecurity plc and was part of the founding team of pioneering internet bank Egg where he was Chief Information Officer and he persuaded Sir Tim Berners Lee to serve as an adviser to his company Garlik.

http://www.slimxclusive.com/2016/10/photo-meet-british-nigerian-tom-ilube.html

What of Ogunlesi, the owner of gatwick airport in the UK?
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by MYGFGSGH: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
TimeManager:
May God punish your lies.
Kiss the truth!
Because is for a good reason, if is for a bad reason would you have come up to say otherwise?
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by toshmann(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
Keneking:
Igbo's are indeed doing very well
Is he still a "black man", talkless of igbo? tongue
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Onogiede(m): 9:10pm On Oct 29, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Thomas Segun Ilube. That's his full name. Everyone dey claim am now. If na drug him do, all man for don claim say him na from SE. grin grin grin
stut up were has ILUBE become yoruba name,.is clearly Edo kinds of Name it's mean "I no dey do bad" you can verify from any edo elits
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by buffalowings4: 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
He is yoruba grin wink
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by enomakos(m): 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
ireneony:
Mtcheew ..yet married to a white woman.. powerful my feet..
blame nigerians women na
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Arielle: 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
Kakamorufu:
God knows if he ever stepped his feet on Nigerian soil. he mixed too. so he feels more British than Naija. even his school is in ghana. so
He's a product of Edo College and University of Benin. Do some research before you start making baseless assertions
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Kingbuhari(m): 10:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
fratermathy:

There they go again.. . I'm not yoruba. Check my profile. grin
I can smell them miles away... Awo's are trouble fellow
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Litmus: 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
whitebeard:
u are telling me this nigga is a Nigerian..wow..!

Do you mean that you know of him, he's well-known and influential but all this while you didn't realize he was Nigerian? Or do you mean that this very ordinary looking individual is of an appearance too exceptional in your estimation to be Nigerian? undecided
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
Keneking:

He has nothing to do with Igbo. He has Esan ancestry.

1 Like

Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
davtosh:
This is a Yoruba Man. Ilube means the drum don tear. grin
And taking a very keen look at his head I can't see any flat area.
" Drum don tear"well don jare my kingsman . grin grin

He's not Yoruba either. His name is Tom Iluobe. Ilube is just a corruption of Iluobe.

2 Likes

Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by class0247: 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
He is from Uromi, Edo state. His father has filling station s all over Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Chandeliers: 11:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
I see Steve Jobs... undecided
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by laudate: 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2016
Keneking:

Una don start. Why are you laying claim to a man who is NOT Igbo?? shocked

You have just shot yourself in the foot. Provide proof that the chap is an Igbo man, before we can believe you... sad

aim5:

He has nothing to do with Igbo. He has Esan ancestry.

Tell dem, oh! They are already assigning a different ethnicity to the man. I don't know when he applied to change his ancestral identity..

Arielle:

He's a product of Edo College and University of Benin. Do some research before you start making baseless assertions

Thank you, jare! Please post the source of your info so we can share the truth with the clueless ones! sad
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by whitebeard(m): 11:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
Litmus:

Do you mean that you know of him, he's well-known and influential but all this while you didn't realize he was Nigerian? Or do you mean that this very ordinary looking individual is of an appearance too exceptional in your estimation to be Nigerian? undecided
he looks simple..! That's all..I don't understand your article ^..next time pls make it short
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by AgentOfAllah: 4:46am On Oct 30, 2016
adajiboyy:
We are blacks...we are warriors...we are the greatest...we can do all things.

All this because you feel entitled to another man's achievements? Na wa oo!

1 Like

Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Afriifa(m): 6:49am On Oct 30, 2016
Abeg shut up
Keneking:

1 Like

Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by fathomberry: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2016
limitless777:

baby you are SWEET and lovely.
ALL the best.

Baby kwa? undecided
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Kakamorufu(m): 7:19am On Oct 30, 2016
Arielle:

Bleep you
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Lekozy(m): 12:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
Keneking:
u ....smh undecided undecided
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
Role model.... lemme go read more 'bout him
Re: Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain by Eluwilussit(m): 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
Onogiede:
stut up were has ILUBE become yoruba name,.is clearly Edo kinds of Name it's mean "I no dey do bad" you can verify from any edo elits

You are an idiot. Did I say he's Yoruba? I simply stated his full name. Are there no edo people that answer Yoruba names? If na drug pusher now, you for claim am?

Dude's full name is Thomas Segun Ilube. I don't give a shit where he's from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Coronavirus Grammar Lessons You Should Know / The Decay At Yaba College Of Technology (photos) / Slay Queen Pops 100 Bottles Of Andre Wine On Her Body After Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.