Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary (41331 Views)

Vacancy: Ibom Air Set To Employ 4000 Akwa Ibomites / FG To Recruit 7,500 Graduates As Tax Advocates / Ajaokuta Steel Company To Employ 500,000 Upstream, Downstream In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by kayo80(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
ajbabs:
As much as I do not like the mode of governance (which is always full of propaganda) of APC administration, I think that this is a welcome development.
For those nairalanders that are just rushing to comment, read in-between lines before you typing your comment(s). This is because some people were thinking that the who to be the bus conductors are university graduates which was not so.

Don't blame them...blame the mods that made this post a clickbait. The topic title here is definitely different from the topic on the front page.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
princetom1:

Even if they are, wount it be better to smile home with 50k monthly before u get something better. If anyone doesn't like this, let them shut their trap. The last time i checked, there are countless jobless youth without any income monthly. Guys who hustled through schools wount be shy to start somewhere. Its not for the bottas pls
Bro,it is not possible that you will collect the #50k in full. Taxes and other illegal deductions will be taken from it while you may end up getting 30 or 35k.Oga go also remove his own.Moreover,You should also know that fines,such as late coming or other penalty will be impose on that amount.E be like say you no know lagos state government.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by cybriz82(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
tau if na so....mek kukuma stop payment of sch fee...since dem wan der children to b a conductor after graduate.....
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by ebenholer(m): 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
CR77:
We don suffer for this government hand well well cry cry
Wettin make u suffer? U for thank God sey there is govt who is really interested in getting every body engaged like this present lagos govt.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
Akinaukwa:
50k plus extra passengers attraction! Think this is better than the 30k paid some graduates teaching in private schools with threat and insults.
You know say lagos state godfather go remove his own from the 50k?Ask LAWMA and street cleaners employees dem go tell you.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by neocortex: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2016
post=50603628:
Men this is derailing. This country would be burnt down one day I swear. How would you say. You want to employ graduates as conductors. Why do we have schools.

I know one government official some were thinks this is a good idea to get them off the streets bUT I consider this an insult not just to the graduates, but to the schools and its officials and also to the country in general

"Graduates" ? are they not human ?

You must come off your high horse and accept that certificates
have no value safe for what the owner can do himself.
Government do not own graduates any more than they do other
Nigerians.

If a graduate can't improve his own life with all the certs
he possess , then he/she is to be blamed alone.

Remember that enrolling in a tertiary institution is not compulsory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
comshots:
Without connection and capital you won't sail.
With hundred thousand you can buy tools to market your skills, but if you don't have 100k, then lasgidi job can do that for you within six months then you can take your leave.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by phreakabit(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by kinibigdeal(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
Abeg, how will they interview them? Maybe they we asked each candidates to be shouting ''Ketu o, Oshodi o ke'' if your voice isnot tick enough, you wont qualify

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by striker9(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
We have graduates riding bike to survive so I don't see why graduates can't be a conductor and earning 50k.If you think u are too big for the job kindly swerve abeg,at the end of the month some people will smile with cash while you forming big boy would still be waiting for free 10mb to mock people on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by tiwiex(m): 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
FOLLEY20:
Graduate as a conductor? This is a serious matter. Let's wait & watch!
I think one of the biggest problems with "graduates" in Nigeria is this larger than life attitude to work. work is work. this is why drop outs get it. I know it is a tough one because we seem to have marked what jobs are not meant for graduates. If a graduate sees an opportunity to drive a cab and make 300k a month, he would rather work in a bank for 100k. Meanwhile we all run to developed countries and work as security guards or even logistics (load carriers) in walmart and we live well.

By the way, 50k is more than what PMBs program is offering (30k) i think. But they gave it a nicer name. The truth is Ambode did not need to restrict it to graduates. They would have applied anyway.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
Those of you supporting this derailing initiative will not allow your blood brothers to try it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by HolyTitus(m): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
daygee12:

But do u have any other job for graduates? Am sure u ar still in secondary school, cos if u ar a graduate by now without job then u Will under beta.
Bros, forget that thing... This country is fcukd, very very very very............. Big time; no sensible graduate(s) would stoop so low to take that conductor job just because of the affliction of unemployment. Even though, if the Government had plans of making a distinct view of differentiating a grad.conductor and one that is not educated; quote me, condor will still be condor, bhone packaging..... So, in stead of this, why not enroll these graduates into different institutes, like acting, tiling, ICT, music, furniture making, fashion designing, modelling and others. With this, we would be able to make preference what we have passion for. I believe within a short period of time, the rate of employment will drop at the bearable level.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Adebowale89(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
realmindz:

see someone that has sense talking...so befr commenting, read properly so u don't embarrass yourselves

if not for banning I would ve know how to respond to u

firstly, where as expressing one opinion concerning an issue turn to an embarrassment to oneself?

secondly, do u expect the govt to analyse the qualification of graduates they want?

but who's a graduate? my brother your own illiteracy pass the layman own o
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Ortarico(m): 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2016
realmindz:

CR77 Ezechinwa seguno2
stanleyalpacino
Adebowale89
cybriz82
theripper3
juliusocean

FOLLEY20

see someone that has sense talking...so befr commenting, read properly so u don't embarrass yourselves

Guess they didn't read the content, just the topic. Besides, there's no linkage between the topic and content.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Originalsly: 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2016
"Lagos to employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates as Conductors ". Can someone please tell me since when LASDRI became a university? ... and do you know of anyone attending for 4 years? Unbelievable! ... how sooo many commenting can read but not understand.... and I'm sure many are university graduates.... then we wonder why so many of them have no clue why they fail interview after interview and remain jobless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Bigcake: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
CR77:
We don suffer for this government hand well well cry cry
What did you suffer? This pride of a thing is what is killing young Nigerians... Youngman, you ought to start from somewhere..... Why is it so easy for us to wash toilets and clean the streets in abroad but so difficult to do an averaged income job in Nigeria. However, it is all about choice. The government is trying. kudos.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Babysho(m): 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
post=50603628:
Men this is derailing. This country would be burnt down one day I swear. How would you say. You want to employ graduates as conductors. Why do we have schools.

I know one government official some were thinks this is a good idea to get them off the streets bUT I consider this an insult not just to the graduates, but to the schools and its officials and also to the country in general

Lol Ahn Ahn na. Not graduates o. They said Lasdri graduates. It's totally a welcomed development.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
which kind insult be this one naah
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2016
Our current education system has failed so has the government, Ambode is just trying to help out.

The wise graduates will take the offer while the stupid proud ones will relish in poverty.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by frankmoney(m): 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
stanleyalpacino:
I'm so so disappointed. Why would you any reasonable government want to employ a University graduate as a bus conductor after spending time and resources studying in a University . It means education has lost it value and intergrity. Why, go to school knowing fully well you will end up being a conductor afte spending 4 to 5 years in school. I'm so ashamed of this country. How do we convince the next generation that education is the key. THESE POLITHIEFIANS NEED TO BE FED TO THE DOGS. TTTTTTuuffffiiiiahhhhhhh. I hope there sons and daughters will also apply. NDI ARA.. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
who told you is university graduates you just rush comment .. It says Lagos drivers institute not university ... Haba

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by musicwriter(m): 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
A regular Lagos danfo conductor probably makes in the upward of N100,000 per month without the so called education. May be they should close down all the universities, because the certificate they award is increasingly becoming useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by no1madman(m): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
eyaaah! what a Kountry!
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by katunboy: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
post=50603628:

. Oga, they did not say University graduates, read carefully.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
blueseacats:
With hundred thousand you can buy tools to market your skills, but if you don't have 100k, then lasgidi job can do that for you within six months then you can take your leave.
It is easier said than done.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
na paper u go use abi grin
opsirado1987:
Dont be a conductor,try to invest.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by mars123(m): 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
post=50603628:

wait small maybe the next 30years Chevron jobs will be available for all Nigerians.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by bobbybrown007: 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
At least it is far better than most works that is been done, I don't mind applying for it. Do you no how much it would be for a whole year? Guys think about am
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by princetom1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
comshots:
Bro,it is not possible that you will collect the #50k in full. Taxes and other illegal deductions will be taken from it while you may end up getting 30 or 35k.Oga go also remove his own.Moreover,You should also know that fines,such as late coming or other penalty will be impose on that amount.E be like say you no know lagos state government.

It seems u work for em? Y late? Why go through anam oga? Nigeria and wuruwuru. Still after tax, its good to work while strategizing ur next move
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2016
You people that are shouting, which job have you provide for the teeming population of graduates that enters into the labour market everyday. I know of a friend that earns 40k as a bank worker after trekking in the hot sun up and down looking for customers even some earns 30k, any graduate that feels too big and wont accept that job should go and start his own business. If i may ask how much do you think state government civil servant earns, mtchew.
Well this is my own business so patronise me

BUSINESS DAY 1.
I will be offering you for only #1000, i will offer you the following materials
1. 30,000 PLR/MRR products which includes ebooks, videos, articles, softwares etc
2. 1 million Nigeria and cross country email list with premium email blast sender.
3. An ebook on how to make $500 daily on facebook (facebook wealth formula 2016 version).
4. 2 websites to download paid GPL premium templates and plugin for free.
5. Complete lists for the top profile companies USA, CEOs, assets and contacts.
6. SEO article generator and lots more.
7. 10,000 Nigeria phone numbers for bulk sms.

LIMITED TIME OFFER!
Call 09093789476 if interested!
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Amoxman(m): 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
not too bad o but what wil the normal agbero be doing stealing I guess.. una go sch finish won con cum follow boys drag street job.... una no well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by kabman: 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
Good.university is a scam,go and learn a trade.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / Police Recruitment: Senate Receives Names Of Successful Candidates / Share Your Experience - Dpr Aptitude Test 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.