Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary (41345 Views)

Vacancy: Ibom Air Set To Employ 4000 Akwa Ibomites / FG To Recruit 7,500 Graduates As Tax Advocates / Ajaokuta Steel Company To Employ 500,000 Upstream, Downstream In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
PaulIdu:
Any graduate that doesn't want to be bus conductors should then start building a business because as it stands now govt can't provide Chevron standard jobs for everyone . Well those youths that need the jobs will surely apply and the proud ones will still wait on their parents for stipends.. Lagos under Ambode is truly working
Omo that is N50,000,000 coughed out from the Lagos State Government.
That's cool. But CO-PILOT is preferable if it for graduate wink
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by SamOgasco(m): 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
According to him, “presently Lagos state government
through the Lagos State Drivers Institute, LASDRI is
training and accrediting conductors in the state, adding
that after the training the graduands would be
employed as Bus Conductors..." I think this is very clear enough for those that took their time to read and to digest the whole thing very well.

So it's only a Polytechnic/University graduate students that can be called or being refer to as graduate abi?

In fact I won't be surprise that some graduate's are not worth being called a graduate at all because they never behaves as one at all. Not even for a second. So this makes me wonder at time.... Quote me and go to joil. (Alagbon).

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Johnsown1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
If this rumour is true, then ambode is a joke, bus conductor, why they can't build a factory that can take at least 500,000 youths, both part times.
This is why nigeria and our leaders rufuses to grow,
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by obiaguna(m): 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
blueseacats:
Another alternative is for the graduates to create jobs for themselves with the skills they learned in the university.

Just hear yourself. So skills create jobs?
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2016
GodIsFoolish:
Educated Agberos to flood Lagos' streets

Nigerians lack reading culture. Or should I say 'comprehension problem'? I read and re-read this piece 3 times and I still couldn't find anywhere the word 'graduate' was mentioned. I am sure you are happy with the 'thumbs up'. Take that to the bank and exchange it for Dollar!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by unmask: 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2016
chalsixtus:
its obvious half the people on nairaland can't read and comprehend dy only read to comment

the said graduates is in no way referring to bsc & HND holders

how did you all miss this part of the post ?

* “presently Lagos state
government through the Lagos State Drivers
Institute, LASDRI is training and accrediting
conductors in the state, adding that after the
training the graduands would be employed as
Bus Conductors and would be on the payroll of
the government with a salary worth of N50,000
per month.*
it is actually alarming and if everyone saying "how can they employ graduates as conductors" are actually graduates, then they do deserve to be conductors....a simple article written in plain english and they all misread
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by faithybaba: 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
only God will help all of us in Nigeria...
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by unmask: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
Johnsown1:
If this rumour is true, then ambode is a joke, bus conductor, why they can't build a factory that can take at least 500,000 youths, both part times.
This is why nigeria and our leaders rufuses to grow,
I want to believe we read the same article.....besides if not because of the kind of mental enslavement you all subject yourselves to, you will know that 50k is more than what a lot of secondary school teachers earn

There is definitely no future in the present generation
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by unmask: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
obiaguna:

Just hear yourself. So skills create jobs?
are you for real?
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Justicealh3(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
Unbelievable.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by unmask: 6:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
TRAVEL101:
Is this weekend comic relief.
Graduate as a conductor? This is a serious matter.
50k as salary for this Buhari era.
This is. a yoke
you are actually the butt of the joke for intelligent folks
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
post=50603628:
Men this is derailing. This country would be burnt down one day I swear. How would you say. You want to employ graduates as conductors. Why do we have schools.

I know one government official some were thinks this is a good idea to get them off the streets bUT I consider this an insult not just to the graduates, but to the schools and its officials and also to the country in general

I am sorry but don't Nigerian graduates take jobs as conductors and security guards abroad? There is dignity in all legitimate labour.

Insult indeed! Just listen to the sense of entitlement oozing from your statement.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by unmask: 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
biggy26:
Why can't govt make all levels of education relevant? what are secondary school graduates doing? Cant they make it a job part time while awaiting results?,After all, not everyone will go to uni. Its insulting to me sha and undermining our educational system.
if you read the same article I read, then you are the one undermining our education system
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by mumexcellency(f): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
God will not allow such abomination to take place. Graduate as a conductor. What an insult. Put your children there now, useless government. But if the grovernment is talking about employing its own trainees. Then its fine.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by enjoy1100: 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
Professional in conducting
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
Baba calm down read in btw the lines, not university graduates. Graduates frm LASDRI it is, ok
post=50603628:
Men this is derailing. This country would be burnt down one day I swear. How would you say. You want to employ graduates as conductors. Why do we have schools.

I know one government official some were thinks this is a good idea to get them off the streets bUT I consider this an insult not just to the graduates, but to the schools and its officials and also to the country in general
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Xeedorf: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
My people, make una enjoy the change una voted for... chai! One chance for real 'Graduate for boyz conductor. isorite'
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Johnsown1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
unmask:
I want to believe we read the same article.....besides if not because of the kind of mental enslavement you all subject yourselves to, you will know that 50k is more than what a lot of secondary school teachers earn

There is definitely no future in the present generation

I can see the kind of mental freedom or liberty u subjects urself to, that's the reason many of u that will not grow in knowledge, how can u advertising buss conductor, is it in the syllables or did u study it in school,
I can see how short sighted u ar, ur compairing a teacher to a buss conductor.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by mizzyboy007: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
No matter as jungle be.... A lion can never eat grass. conductor ke conductor ni??... I rather remain jobless.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by chiefcontroller: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2016
Please read well.........Graduates of LASDRI
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
ajbabs:
As much as I do not like the mode of governance (which is always full of propaganda) of APC administration, I think that this is a welcome development.
For those nairalanders that are just rushing to comment, read in-between lines before you typing your comment(s). This is because some people were thinking that the who to be the bus conductors are university graduates which was not so.

now i understand
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
ALAYORMII:
Agbero wey dey wear suit shout
Ketu
Mile12
by the time Lagos heat finish dem ehnnnn
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by chalsixtus(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
unmask:
it is actually alarming and if everyone saying "how can they employ graduates as conductors" are actually graduates, then they do deserve to be conductors....a simple article written in plain english and they all misread

lol means they themselves are not qualified to be conductors

smh
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by mriyesecnerwal(m): 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
But which one is "employ as conductor"? So you will go to school, graduate or something and go for interview as a conductor be shouting oshodi mile 2 or what, be saying "mi o ni change oooo" . I don't seem to gerrit.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by chalsixtus(m): 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2016
Johnsown1:

I can see the kind of mental freedom or liberty u subjects urself to, that's the reason many of u that will not grow in knowledge, how can u advertising buss conductor, is it in the syllables or did u study it in school,
I can see how short sighted u ar, ur compairing a teacher to a buss conductor.

oga look you mustn't comment all the time okay !
he didn't compare teachers to bus conductors

he only said the proposed salary of 50k is higher than what most teachers are paid
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by bjbukzy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
ajbabs:
As much as I do not like the mode of governance (which is always full of propaganda) of APC administration, I think that this is a welcome development.
For those nairalanders that are just rushing to comment, read in-between lines before you typing your comment(s). This is because some people were thinking that the who to be the bus conductors are university graduates which was not so.
Thank you sir, of all d comment on d fp, u alone actually read d post.
I am sure the op copy n pasted this or was jus being mischievous.
oga seun pls redefine d roles of d mod for them, most of them don't read through d post b4 moving to fp.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by diegwu01: 8:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
Originalsly:
"Lagos to employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates as Conductors ". Can someone please tell me since when LASDRI became a university? ... and do you know of anyone attending for 4 years? Unbelievable! ... how sooo many commenting can read but not understand.... and I'm sure many are university graduates.... then we wonder why so many of them have no clue why they fail interview after interview and remain jobless.
funny, but this is true.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by JohnAdeDavid(m): 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2016
This takes us back to this song....Ambo oh ambo oh...Eko sese beere ni oh...Ambo oh
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by Cityguy: 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
Hmmmmm...... half bread's case abi?
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by lereinter(m): 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2016
opsirado1987:
Dont be a conductor,try to invest.
we they invest with stones
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by jice(m): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2016
PaulIdu:
Any graduate that doesn't want to be bus conductors should then start building a business because as it stands now govt can't provide Chevron standard jobs for everyone . Well those youths that need the jobs will surely apply and the proud ones will still wait on their parents for stipends.. Lagos under Ambode is truly working

You are the most hopeless literate. Resources expended on your training would have been better used to feed goats.. I can't live on my father's stipends, I don't have one anyway, neither can I become a bus conductor because there is no job.
Re: Lagos To Employ 1000 LASDRI Graduates As Conductors With N50,000 As Salary by SIRJENTLE: 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
yes this is one of the things I am waiting for.

I now understand that there is a COURSE in the university called BUS CONDUCTING. if I know that this is the type of work they were promising us during campaign, honestly I would have suggested a mad man to be elected the governor.

meanwhile, the forgot to see the future: I you pay a conductor 50k every month and the driver is not placed on any payroll, guy all of us go turn to conductor let me see who go drive the bus.
I now understand why the bible talked about the pursuit of wisdom for many are using missdom instead of wisdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / Police Recruitment: Senate Receives Names Of Successful Candidates / Share Your Experience - Dpr Aptitude Test 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.