Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975536 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=MrsSugar post=53798363][/quote]
I think one of the problems with your application is the duration of your stay! It doesnt sound credible to the VO that someone will go on a 40 day tour/pleasure when they have a job in Nigeria. Also going to meet with husbands family(newlywed) without the husband's presence, who will then do the introduction? Those issues didnt add up for the VO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Udiboy:

The story does not add up. A child of a US citizen is automatically a US citizen irrespective of birth county.
Why can't your husband file 1R-1 for you for PR instead of B1:B2 visa?
Shawbabe:

Lol I don't think her husband is a citizen. Which kain disjointed story be that? Denied visa when ur husband na citizen Except he's married to another in the States

Its either her husband is resident in the US but not a citizen and she wants to use this opportunity to migrate to be with him OR her husband is a citizen but still married to another person in the US so he is unable to file for her at the moment so she is trying to find her way in.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enyinne(f): 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
Thanks dear .

Deyonsesi:

Well, I flew Qatar last week as a Preggy. Though was sent to Secondary Inspection wia I spent like 15mins. No issues at all.

All d best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Masodi: 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
mimimum:
Hello Nozzle, I intend using Henrico Doc Hosp, do u by any chance have info on good accomodation around the area. I have searched online but i keep seeing expensive prices. Can i send a pm? Please help. Thanks.

Hi Dear,

I am still searching for a Doctor and Hospital as well, hope you can share your Doctor's email address. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Masodi: 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ulio:
Mission accomplished!

Used henrico doctors hosp virginia. DR W.F
..mild pain started early hrs of 5th, by the time I got to d hospital as I was 2hrs away, I was 4cm dilated, baby arrived 11.6.16. (Vaginal birth no epidural - d pain no b here, I wnt try that next time) note that each time I look at my son d pain fades the more..

Was discharged after 2days
Dr 850, hosp 2078, paedtrician 1228, healthy baby 264 . hearing test cancelled

Gt birth certificate after 2weeks
Nig passport 240 expedited at d embassy n got it next day.
US passport 165 expedited n gt it next day at Washington passport agency.

Infant ticket with BA $349. De insisted baby's ticket is 1 way saying that's d remaining part of d trip as baby mst be attached to an adult else I purchase another ticket for myself returning to US. Payed at d airport on departure.

On board bassinet was provided, air hostess were of great help as I was alone from Washington to London. As usual entertainment was great.

Landed Abj 6th aftr the long layover very tired.
Mother and child are doing great thankfully.
Indeed my case has been different. Another testimony- gt a new job as I was away.

God's grace to everyone in d house.
Also met Tolu a fellow NL mama. It's been a pleasure meeting a friend and sister in diaspora.. We had a great time. .

Thanks to everybody for contributing to d success of this trip..AdomMum I really appreciate you.

Hi Dear,

Is there anyway you can share to me your Doctor's details, I am still in search of Doctor and Hospital, I will be travelling in March so I need a communication with Doctor as a proof in case they ask me at POE. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
MsDenise:

Secondly, has anyone ( pregnant non US citizen) ever travelled with their LO (US citizen) but was denied at POE?
Cheers

The main thing here is if you are truthful during your interview and you use your visa for the purpose for which it was issued and most importantly you paid all your bill during your last missionary journeys and you carry your receipts with you.
Having a US citizen baby is not a guarantee that you will be allowed to enter Yankee if your story get K leg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sohomely: 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
ogbolu:
Hello Nairalanders ! pls anyone using Doctores Parati in Elpaso with a valid B1 B2 Visa ? we were denied child birth visa January, 2017. A fee of 2635 dollar was paid as part payment.. we are asking for refund ..if you want the money tranferred to you and then pay us the equivalent in Naira, kindly inbox me...at a rate of 494 dollars..thnks

Hi Ogbolu,

has your refund been processed?

i am interested, please contact me, sohomely@zoho.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 5:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
It's very possible to tell d Vo dat u R goin for childbirth
mimibe:
yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
Good day ev1. Am on my 2nd missionary journey,travelling by march to Houston.really hunting for affordable ticket
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sohomely: 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
Masodi:

Hi anyone, can you please share more details on cost for hospital and doctor and all other costs.
issue is myself and wife already settled for Doctor Para Ti, but just few days back, her relatives that are citizens in US, just convinced her it is a terrible idea due to the recent Trump immigration laws and disposition to immigrants, that border patrols and check points now discriminate and frown at immigrants coming to US to deliver in order to benefit their baby of US citizenship, that even people are being kidnapped and can go missing, i don't want to believe it but Problem is they have sowed fear in her heart already, moreso since she is going all by myself, right now she is scouting for alternate hospitals with similar or lesser price outside of El-paso. Anybody with useful and complete price details of hospitals including accomodation details to please share, asap. her flight date is less than 2 weeks so we need to establish correspondence right away if we are settling for a new hospital all over. thanks all. i can be reached on sohomely@zoho.com

Hi Dear,

I am still searching for a Doctor and Hospital as well, hope you can share your Doctor's email address. Thank you.
Masodi:

Hi Dear,

Is there anyway you can share to me your Doctor's details, I am still in search of Doctor and Hospital, I will be travelling in March so I need a communication with Doctor as a proof in case they ask me at POE. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ndmum: 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2017
Thanks! Very re- assuring.

Eilenora:
Not true!

I used dr. tates in 2014. He delivered bth myslf n my sis in law as our edds were jst a week apart frm each other. Yes he has residents that learns n helps out yle he performs d delivery hmslf but thats about it. Tates is veeeeryyyy good and also very highly respectes at Emory. All d nurses n other docs shake once u say ur Tates's patient. Am preggy again and would like 2 use him again but 4 accommodation constraints. Pls note dt most of ds hosps n docs treat self payin patients difrently frm yankee peeps who r on insurance, kinda like ow in hosps u go here private patients get a better treatmnt dan hmo patients. As such posts abt d docs n hosp may nt exactly b wot u shd b relyin on.lukin at n.y hosps n som nairalanders hav suggested som 2 me with not so good reviews as well.but i knw better dan 2 mek a dcsn based on ds reviews.instd il call up ppl i knw in n.y 2 find out abt d hosp 4 me. If u ask ne1 in atlanta deyl tel u dt emory n northside r d best 2 deliver in. And ds, i can attest to.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ndmum: 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2017
My dear I'm new at this oo! Received an email from nairaland saying you are trying to contact me and that i should respond to you by replying the message. I just did.

Mzchibbs:
I PM you. Please respond

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amother4life: 6:42pm On Feb 19, 2017
customised87:

Its either her husband is resident in the US but not a citizen and she wants to use this opportunity to migrate to be with him OR her husband is a citizen but still married to another person in the US so he is unable to file for her at the moment so she is trying to find her way in.

Just because her husband is a US citizen does not automatically entitle her to a visa. There are numerous cases of spouses of U.S citizens being denied visiting visas and in some extreme cases immigrant visas too. The visiting visas are always viewed as a means to circumvent the immigration process by spouses of U.S citizens especially from poorer countries who may not want to go through the lengthy wait times associated with the processes of K1 , CR1 or IR1 Visas.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Jessmama: 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
I just got to the US last week. waiting for the baby nytime now. dont be scared. it is either a NO or YES. Be positive and be ready to answer all questions the best you can. since u are on this thread i assume you have all the necessary documents(dr correspondence, hospital , statement of account and all).
Amiableada:
wow! did you end up having your baby there? i am almost giving up cos i thot if i do the drop box i wil just be issued a visa. wasnt expecting this atall. had my son there and paid all my bills with receipts. now going to face those white heads with my big tummy. i am worried.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsDenise: 7:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
Babatwi:

The main thing here is if you are truthful during your interview and you use your visa for the purpose for which it was issued and most importantly you paid all your bill during your last missionary journeys and you carry your receipts with you.
Having a US citizen baby is not a guarantee that you will be allowed to enter Yankee if your story get K leg.

No story with K leg here at all.
This would be my 3rd missionary journey having completed 2 successful previous journeys plus other shopping/vacation trips. The first was every first timers nightmare - detained at POE etc. Story for another day.

I used my current visa for holiday last year, wrote to the Consulate (this year) about intention to have baby in the states etc so no wahala there.

All bills paid although I don't have zero balance receipts from hospital (amounts paid by me matches amount quoted by the hospital and doctor etc). Hospital receipts reads "Pending Final Bill". Funny thing is - I didn't know about zero balance receipts till this forum and I've never been asked at POE.

Now I have this information, I'm concerned that this may be a problem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
Enyinne:
The minimum balance as I learnt hv been reduced to 25k .for u to qualify ,acct must be 6months old or more .

quote author=shawlar post=53780397]

Diamond exclusive account is a special account by diamond bank. Its for high networth individuals.
I think you must have a min balance of 1m or so, monthly charges of 5k etc. Check d diamond bank website
Did you mean to say 250k? shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
MsDenise:

This would be my 3rd missionary journey having completed 2 successful previous journeys plus other shopping/vacation trips. The first was every first timers nightmare - detained at POE etc. Story for another day.

I used my current visa for holiday last year, wrote to the Consulate (this year) about intention to have baby in the states etc so no wahala there.

All bills paid although I don't have zero balance receipts from hospital (amounts paid by me matches amount quoted by the hospital and doctor etc). Hospital receipts reads "Pending Final Bill". Funny thing is - I didn't know about zero balance receipts till this forum and I've never been asked at POE.

Then you don't have a problem,but in the interim you can call or email the hospitals and ask if they can send you an email to say you are not owing them any money.
But if they refuse to do that,just print out your hospital and doctors quotes,so that you can match it with your receipt in case the need arises. God luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mzchibbs: 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hi dear, I've responded to your email.
ndmum:
My dear I'm new at this oo! Received an email from nairaland saying you are trying to contact me and that i should respond to you by replying the message. I just did.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
Any one have any info on North Carolina hospitals? Or can even direct me to what page?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
chiprettie:

It's 1500 for the extended stay. It's close to the hospital. I'm suggesting all mamas travelling in April and using Henrico doctors hospital come together and get a two or three bed room apartment and share cost. By doing this we can cut down accommodation cost to the nearest minimum. If you are interested and you will be in Richmond Virginia April. You can pm so we can share bbm contact, form our little grp Virginia mum's and share ideas and help each other out. Dollar isn't smiling u all knw that.

Hi chiprettie. I'm interested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shayo5: 5:11am On Feb 20, 2017
Hello house,

Has anyone done Nigerian visa on arrival recently?
Please what is the process? And is their office open till late?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 6:57am On Feb 20, 2017
So which doctor did you use and how much was his fee. Most use dr Tate cos he's also not expensive.
mimibe:
I didn't use dr Tate but Emory is great, I used them in december 2016.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 9:20am On Feb 20, 2017
The document with pending final bill is a red flag.
How ever contact your hospital to email you zero balance receipt and account statements for you and your baby.
It was from a member's experience that I knew the importance of the account statements so I had to keep mine very close.

MsDenise:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumdearest: 9:56am On Feb 20, 2017
bbclement:
Please I'm new on this forum.have been trying to send pm to minimum and to some other mum on this thread.please I will be in Richmond Virginia by April need someone to share apartment with please.

you can hook up with misspink on this forum, she is also richmond virginia bound. im considering DC myself.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2017
reniduke:
So which doctor did you use and how much was his fee. Most use dr Tate cos he's also not expensive.
I used dr Elizabeth Collins, it was not abt Cost for me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:33am On Feb 20, 2017
Anyone have Qatar Airways number? The one that ends in 8888 keeps ringing, no answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.