Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978141 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsDenise: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
TWoods:

Frankly anything that is not overly patronizing here is considered "rude" so I've stopped bothering with such comments. As has been enumerated here for over and over - there are no "discounts". You may get a few percent off for paying in cash, but when you're paying 50% or more below what others would regularly pay, someone else is making up that difference somewhere. My last comment was simply to ask you to put yourself in the shoes of others who pay to maintain a system you do not contribute towards but are happy to use.

I'm not looking to engage you and it's not necessary to be overly patronizing. To be honest, I find your posts on 'discounts' very enlightening.
However, by the tone of her post, she was merely seeking clarification and made a valid point regarding some docs who give discounts knowing full well that the patient is not American.

The last comment about her kids moving to USA and paying for discounted bills left over by other nationals (in not so many words) was a bit personal and unnecessary.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mom2015: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Abeg sabi mamas.... I bought arik air for this my travel parole mainly because of the convenience. 11hour nonstop flight with an active toddler seemed really nice to me then. But with this latest arrangement that AMCON has taken over and rumor has it that they have cancelled most international flights including USA. I was adviced by a staff unofficially to make another arrangement and get a return leg refund when I get to naija. But my issue is that, I didn't receive any official mail from the airline mgt. shud I send a mail to them to confirm if the flight will still hold on my return date (I was told if I cancel, I won't get a refund) or go ahead to book another flight and sort out this issue with them when I get to lag. Pls ur urgent responses will be highly appreciated as I'm due to leave Chicago on the 9th of March.

@nef Abeg I don pm u.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tytmed: 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
iamnikky69:

8 months is actually between 32 and 34 weeks and not 36weeks

32-34 or 32-36. i dont even mind doing 34 or 35 but 36 is too early.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
This is most likely why the VOs are now denying people who receive large discounts for birthing purposes... the discounts are because the Feds fund the hospitals to provide services to poorer Americans... not to internationals.[/quote]

Can u please explain more,am beginning to get confuse about this discount issue. I know you can be given Cash discount for upfront payment of ur bils. Do u mean accepting discounts is all wrong Another thing is how do u know Hospitals to avoid so u don't have trouble renewing ur visa. Please help, we are all learning.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iamnikky69: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
tytmed:

32-34 or 32-36. i dont even mind doing 34 or 35 but 36 is too early.

I'm sure once ur pregnancy gets to 36weeks, then it's 9months
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bashfab: 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
mom2015:
I had my baby on the 9th of feb but can't post details now cos my hands are filled up. Newborn and toddler palaver. Abeg I dey stranded with this new arik news and I need a cheap one way ticket from Chicago or any other cheaper state to Lagos on the 7-9th of march. Abeg ticket gurus shud help me out.

Hi dear,congrats on your LO, how long did it take u to get ur LO birth certificate n oda docs. i m also going to chicago.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 6:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
Exactly my thoughts, these points can all be made without making it personal as often done by oga boss
MsDenise:

I'm not looking to engage you and it's not necessary to be overly patronizing. To be honest, I find your posts on 'discounts' very enlightening.
However, by the tone of her post, she was merely seeking clarification and made a valid point regarding some docs who give discounts knowing full well that the patient is not American.

The last comment about her kids moving to USA and paying for discounted bills left over by other nationals (in not so many words) was a bit personal and unnecessary.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
NL mamas, you have heard o. When you people reach, tell them you don't want to pay 8k all in package. Choose the 30k option so that we can atone for the sins of the doctors who unfortunately pass bills to government.
TWoods:

As one of the VOs mentioned before (see a post justwise made a few pages back), some doctors purposefully charge you low prices, so they can then bill the government for the rest (the government often would not bother to check until years later). That's a common Medicare/Medicaid scam unfortunately.

The problem is many folks here go to these underserved hospitals because of the "discounts" you get... which the rest of us pay for in terms of higher insurance premiums and taxes. If you notice, the average middle class American does not use those hospitals. They'd be sent away if they showed their tax returns.

Some day, your children will move here too. We'll see how they enjoy paying for others to come get medical care for free.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
MsDenise:

Fair enough. Point taken.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 6:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
ashedzi:
This is most likely why the VOs are now denying people who receive large discounts for birthing purposes... the discounts are because the Feds fund the hospitals to provide services to poorer Americans... not to internationals.

Can u please explain more,am beginning to get confuse about this discount issue. I know you can be given Cash discount for upfront payment of ur bils. Do u mean accepting discounts is all wrong Another thing is how do u know Hospitals to avoid so u don't have trouble renewing ur visa. Please help, we are all learning.

No. Discounts solely because you are paying by cash is valid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
I don't think @minimum is trying to deliberately defraud the US Govt. Seems like she genuinely wants more info about how the 'discounts' work and your final comment is a bit rude (especially to someone seeking to understand the process)[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
mimimum:
NL mamas, you have heard o. When you people reach, tell them you don't want to pay 8k all in package. Choose the 30k option so that we can atone for the sins of the doctors who unfortunately pass bills to government.

its simple - simply pay your fair bill. Easy. The VO won't care whether you know the doctor is passing off the costs to the Feds or not.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
Leave am naa. Na only am sabi type English. Let him continue running his mouth there. I can see he/she is incapable of giving a civil response at any time. My bad that I even tried being reasonable in my post. Let him come to the border and stop pregnant women coming to give birth. Since he wants to be giving foolish responses.
MsDenise:

I don't think @minimum is trying to deliberately defraud the US Govt. Seems like she genuinely wants more info about how the 'discounts' work and your final comment is a bit rude (especially to someone seeking to understand the process)

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
mimimum:
Leave am naa. Na only am sabi type English. Let him continue running his mouth there. I can see he/she is incapable of giving a civil response at any time. My bad that I even tried being reasonable in my post. Let him come to the border and stop pregnant women coming to give birth. Since he wants to be giving foolish responses.

How civil and "unpersonal" of you in response. if everyone simply did the right thing, this thread would not exist. Enjoy.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 7:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Sorry. It exists. Deal with it.
TWoods:

How civil and "unpersonal" of you in response. if everyone simply did the right thing, this thread would not exist. Enjoy.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hahahahaha. Abeg let's all kiss and make up. Speaking of discounts, abeg any discounts on any other airline?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
TWoods:

Dude, why is this issue hurting you to this extent? Nawa o. Do you even have a job?

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
mom2015:

I left her with family members....it wasn't easy for them as well. U can arrange with ur team members.

I'm trying to see if I can go ahead of my husband. But at this rate, we might all have to go together coz of babysitting things.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by missexiest: 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
Lol grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
[/quote]

Really sometimes....

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oyin3: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
@ Justwise, sometimes you are simply unbelievable. LMAO. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
oyin3:
@ Justwise, sometimes you are simply unbelievable. LMAO. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
Kolo someborri grin
justwise:

Really sometimes....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 8:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
The guy for kuku contest for presidency last year alongside Trump make we know say e serious about stopping birth tourism and discounts.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 0b10010011: 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
mimimum:
The guy for kuku contest for presidency last year alongside Trump make we know say e serious about stopping birth tourism and discounts.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Dude, why is this issue hurting you to this extent? Nawa o. Do you even have a job?

Haven't you all figured by now that @Twoods is either a VO/ use to be one in Nigeria/or works with an organization that has interests in matters related to birth tourism.

Also, I suppose his culture doesn't celebrate "respect" which prevents Nigerians from seeing things logically and bluntly separating facts from emotions. We shouldn't be culture-bound. Filter through the supposed "rudeness", "disrespect" and pick what information will be relevant to you without getting offended.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ekoboy: 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
[/b]
TWoods:

How civil and "unpersonal" of you in response. [b]if everyone simply did the right thing, this thread would not exist
. Enjoy.

I believe this thread exists not to circumvent the system rather to guide ppl a right. Therefore this thread exists because people want to do the right thing.
There is even one that the VOs contribute to

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ishilove: 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
debbyomi:

Haven't you all figured by now that @Twoods is either a VO/ use to be one in Nigeria/or works with an organization that has interests in matters related to birth tourism.

Also, I suppose his culture doesn't celebrate "respect" which prevents Nigerians from seeing things logically and bluntly separating facts from emotions. We shouldn't be culture-bound. Filter through the supposed "rudeness", "disrespect" and pick what information will be relevant to you without getting offended.

There is such a thing as 'etiquette' which is not culture bound. This era of social media has people juxtaposing tactlessness with 'bluntness'. If you want to pass information, do so without resorting to arrogance and condescension, which quite frankly, is very irritating.

The Twoods fellow is arrogant and uncouth, QED. There are no cultural attachments to those traits.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 9:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nne say it again. So American culture does not encourage respect. I have learnt something. today.
Ishilove:

There is such a thing as 'etiquette' which is not culture bound. This era of social media has people juxtaposing tactlessness with 'bluntness'. If you want to pass information, do so without resorting to arrogance and condescension, which quite frankly, is very irritating.

The Twoods fellow is arrogant and uncouth, QED. There's no cultural attachments to those traits.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Dont mind him,he is Trump twins and the brother of Abraham Lincoln,Lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by akmid(f): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
MsDenise:
Hi everyone,
I have 3 questions regarding the new CBN policy on USD.

I understand that PTA is $4000 per person/per quarter and School fees (under form A) is $15,000 per semester.

My question is - can Medical fees be applied to Form A (being that it covered Medicals in the past)?
Secondly, if the answer to my first question is yes, would it affect the amount of PTA the applicant is eligible to for that quarter?
Finally, does Dr Eand Oakbend accept Form A? grin

Thanks guys

Yes, you can pay medical fees with form A but liase with your AO to find out more from your bank what is needed. No it does not affect your 4k PTA. You may need to call your Dr and hospital to confirm if they accept wire transfer because not all accept. The hospital I intend to use in Dallas said they don't accept.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
temmyo:

You get dr's correspondence from a doctor affiliated with the hospital and not the hospital itself.

As for getting an email from the hospital, I wonder why they would refuse. I spoke with the financial counsellor at their hospital in Carrollton and she broke it all down for me. I asked that she send their self pay document via mail and also the fee schedule which she did. After that all discussions between us were via email.

Thanks. It was the Financial Counselor at Irving I spoke with though not Carrolton. Will sort it out tommorow. Tx

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.