Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (982006 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Olorilee: 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
grin grin grin thanks @Shawbabe

Shawbabe:

My dear you are even the ideal visa "receiver" grin

Them go love you. You won't have any issues...it shows money dey fpr tickets sef wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Thank you for always making your point intelligently. We hope people abide by these things. It's the bad occasions like this that cause problems for genuine seekers.
lomwe:
Someone asked if North Houston Hospital is included. Again for clarity purpose you are not under any ban to use any hospital that provide child care delivery in America. Summary of everything is where ever u choose as hospital, let them know it's self pay for foreigners. Any form that ask for income other than the one u submitted at embassy is trying to determine eligibility. It will hurt you at the end. Don't also forget that your baby when he/she turn 18 is going to file for citizenship for you the parent at that point govt will spool out money you owed 18yrs ago plus the accrued interest. U won't want your child to have such a heavy financial burden. This place is a capitalist society and they are very very patient .
Today, I want to just talk about a couple who had all the money for their baby and was turned back in Houston. The VO ask them (husband n wife) if they had adequate cash for their baby delivery. The lady said yes and started bringing out all the cash in small small envelopes of one, two, and five thousands. When the VO asked why the money was splits in bits they said its because it was gifts from family and friends. Immediately the VO refused them entry and she later gave birth in dubai. Do u know what the problem is ? Well....we learn everyday. The problem is by the time you say people gave you various sums as gift. It's called soliciting in America. That means you are either bankrupt or financially incapable hence aid was given to you by your friends and family. Gifts for baby can be diaper etc but thousand of cash ? The culture here doesn't understand that. You may say eh he shebi the money will cover the bill, but let me ask what if something goes wrong. I have a lady that came to give birth since September last year she's still in hospital up till this moment on coma, don't even ask for the bill or what happened cos I won't say as their family members my also be on this forum. The point is clear. Don't give the impression that you "solicited" for funds. Have a great day.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vamum: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
@ Justwise, well done. That's all that comes to mind now grin grin grin grin
Sure you are looking forward to your pregnancy days, at least now you know what to prepare ya mind for #runningaway# #plsoitsajokeo #noinsultintendedtoanyoneatall

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
When did you confirm this please? Just worried about the new info

chiprettie:

I'm flying with emirate at 35 weeks and some days. I called them and told them my destination which was more Dan 8 hours. I was told to bring along a doctor report and a medical certificate that I'm fit to fly. But once u are at the end of your 36 weeks I'm nt sure they can fly you. The medical certificate is gotten at the airport from port health for 1500 or so.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, just to reconfirm the Statement of Consent form DH is notarizing at the embassy is the DS-3058 right?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
Yeah, @ the embassy if DH is not present in the US with you...and could be sent by any of the reputable courier coys if you can't find someone to drop it for her.

boluwagin:
Hello gurus in the house, just to reconfirm the Statement of Consent form DH is notarizing at the embassy is the DS-3058 right?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mzchibbs: 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
Maybe you should call them to reconfirm.

[quote author=idonhear post=54172203]I used to think Emirate allows up to 36 weeks of pregnancy for all flight routes, but was shocked to see on their website that it is 32 weeks for flights more than 8 hours.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Can you pls share the link to the page 3 you were referring to? I am seeing sth different on their website.

Mzchibbs:
Call them to reconfirm. I'm flying Emirates this weekend and I'm 36weeks. Also download their Medif form. All the info is on page 3 of that form. Hope this helps.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
vamum:
@ Justwise, well done. That's all that comes to mind now grin grin grin grin
Sure you are looking forward to your pregnancy days , at least now you know what to prepare ya mind for #runningaway# #plsoitsajokeo #noinsultintendedtoanyoneatall

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mzchibbs: 6:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
I just called them and was told you need to get to the US before 36weeks. It's a new policy.

quote author=idonhear post=54177439]Can you pls share the link to the page 3 you were referring to? I am seeing sth different on their website.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
Emirates doesn't use the port health certificate,I trI'd to get it but was told it was not required. They have like two different forms u can download from their website. One is the MEDIT and the other is a regular form which u need to give your doctor to fill and sign as well as ur fit to fly from your doctor. I travelled on the 12th of janunary at 35wks and 3days.

All I have said is void if they have changed their policy in the last couple of days. SeArch their website n Print their policy.take it with u to the airport.

chiprettie:

They asked for a medical certificate not port health certificate. And port health at the airport would ve to certified you that you are fit to fly also even with your letter frm the doctor. For the MEDIT you have to download it frm their website and submit atleast not more than 48 hours to your flight date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
boluwagin:

Am pretty sure it is DS3053 ooo. And hope its not too late

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Thank you

fatima04:

Am pretty sure it is DS3053 ooo. And hope its not too late
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
idonhear:
Yeah, @ the embassy if DH is not present in the US with you...and could be sent by any of the reputable courier coys if you can't find someone to drop it for her.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lmureli: 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Babatwi:

Most people here usually travels alone to have their baby and they manage to cope quite well,and moreover there are people in Houston that offer concierge services and some Oakbend folks have used her in time past.
Tanx ,pls can help me with their contact
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
My LO name was misspelled on his Birth Cert. Has this happened to anyone in the house? What did you do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
If you have someone in Dallas who can help, have them go to Baylor, Irving to find out their self pay rates. I'm saying this because when I called the number I found online (thinking back now, I think it's a general Baylor call Centre) they gave me those high costs you talked about and mentioned it was the same across all the Baylors.

I ended up using Baylor, White Rock and they had a lower cash pay rate just like Baylor Carrollton. So I feel like a financial counselor stationed at Baylor Irving'll definitely know better. Before I travelled I said I'd go and make this inquiry but for some reason, I didn't. Also consider checking Baylor Grapevine, it's not far from Baylor Irving.

MiddyO:

Thanks. It was the Financial Counselor at Irving I spoke with though not Carrolton. Will sort it out tommorow. Tx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=mimimum post=54164435]Please, please, please. Who has booked a return flight before and had a different airport as the return airport? I am trying to book a flight to JFK for my mum, but I want IAD, Washington to be the airport of return. Is it possible? The agent my mum spoke to is not helping with any useful info. [/quote

I had booked a Delta ticket from Lagos to Chicago and returned from Atlanta to Lagos

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
lmureli:

Tanx ,pls can help me with their contact

sorry i can't post the name here,it will be considered an advert.
Pm me for the name
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
lopeeb:
hello house..am new to this forum.. Aug 2017 mum and looking for hospitals in new york...brooklyn to be precise. any info or help is welcome

Hi hi, also an August Mum looking @ nyc as well. We can connect @ talk2omobaby@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
debbyomi:

Haven't you all figured by now that @Twoods is either a VO/ use to be one in Nigeria/or works with an organization that has interests in matters related to birth tourism.

Also, I suppose his culture doesn't celebrate "respect" which prevents Nigerians from seeing things logically and bluntly separating facts from emotions. We shouldn't be culture-bound. Filter through the supposed "rudeness", "disrespect" and pick what information will be relevant to you without getting offended.

Lol all three guesses were wrong. But wait, I see a lot of noise about "culture" and "respect". I mean seriously... coming from a Nigerian... no comment really.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ishilove:

There is such a thing as 'etiquette' which is not culture bound. This era of social media has people juxtaposing tactlessness with 'bluntness'. If you want to pass information, do so without resorting to arrogance and condescension, which quite frankly, is very irritating.

The Twoods fellow is arrogant and uncouth, QED. There are no cultural attachments to those traits.

There is such a thing as honesty and trustworthiness. If those were in ample supply amongst Nigerians, this thread would not exist. Ask yourselves why you have to constantly suffer through the indignity of explaining every detail of your childbirth when the average Norwegian does not? QED

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
mimimum:
So you now determine whether I understand or not. Kontinu. I understood more when the other two ladies explained! Well if you must know, I was well within my rights to address him for bringing children into the matter. I didn't have an issue with his explanation until he started addressing children. Wasn't it me that asked question? I asked him question on discounts, e enter low income matter. Like I will go and be telling them I earn less that $200. Leomwe and Mama00 that answered sensibly, aren't they human beings? Abeg, let's learn to talk civilly. Whether you abuse people or not, people will still be what they are and do what is in their mind. So why get headache over the matter. It is not the truth you are saying that is the problem, it is how you say it. Aren't you the one setting the rules of being cordial in our conversations again? If you are encouraging him to be rude, then it will continue.

I don sign out for this matter. Make we discuss important issues for here.

Will your kids ever live in the US? - yes.
Will they work and pay into the Medicare system? - yes
Will your kids probably dislike freeloaders using their taxes and not paying for it? - dear God yes.

So exactly what did I say about "your children" that was untrue? The sheer amount of useless drama on these boards is outstanding.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chichi93(f): 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
Good day house, please can any one send information on dr mbagwu's current fees and st Francis current fees, please it's urgent info needed by a friend. Tried calling d hospital, no concrete info gotten yet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsc22: 1:27am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello Mamas. My entire budget for delivery and stay in houston is just about 10,000. Is that reasonable/okay especially for Embassy sake. My hospital bill is about 5k plus. Oakbend hospital. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 1:48am On Mar 02, 2017
YoungMetrosG:
If you have someone in Dallas who can help, have them go to Baylor, Irving to find out their self pay rates. I'm saying this because when I called the number I found online (thinking back now, I think it's a general Baylor call Centre) they gave me those high costs you talked about and mentioned it was the same across all the Baylors.

I ended up using Baylor, White Rock and they had a lower cash pay rate just like Baylor Carrollton. So I feel like a financial counselor stationed at Baylor Irving'll definitely know better. Before I travelled I said I'd go and make this inquiry but for some reason, I didn't. Also consider checking Baylor Grapevine, it's not far from Baylor Irving.

Tx a lot!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsPapi: 2:29am On Mar 02, 2017
Morning All.

I'm new here and I must say I've learnt a lot. I've been trying to summarise info from the first thread and gradually I'm getting it.

Thanks to all those who make efforts to provide answers and constructive criticisms.

Here goes my issue.

My son and I have just been issued a B1 / B2 for the purpose of vacation only. My interview went thus

VO: Good Morning, how are you today
Me: I'm good thank you

VO: so why do you wanna go to the US
Me: My cousin whom I haven't seen in over 15 years is inviting us and my husband was there last year, he had a good time and he's promised taking us on a family vac.

VO: tell me about your job
Me: I work as a sales consultant with a travel company in the holidays dept. My core is building travel packages and making travel arrangements for both corporate and individual clients.

VO: How about your husbands job:
Me: he is a banker. He works with x bank in lagos

VO: Have you travelled with your son before:
Me: yes, we were in dubai for vacation last year

VO: Do you intend seeing a doc for any reason: NO

The issue is obvious. ( wish I had been on this forum earlier).

How do I now state at the POE that I wanna give birth in the US since I was issued a visa for vacation purpose only? Will my cash and card and upfront payment be enough as evidence of payments? My cousin/ host is in chicago but the Chicago poe stories I'm hearing are not for the fainthearted at all.

What lifelines do I have? I'm expecting by mid July and I intend leaving at the end of May. Any July moms can also be in touch so we can relate.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 3:11am On Mar 02, 2017
MsPapi:
Morning All.

I'm new here and I must say I've learnt a lot. I've been trying to summarise info from the first thread and gradually I'm getting it.

Thanks to all those who make efforts to provide answers and constructive criticisms.

Here goes my issue.

My son and I have just been issued a B1 / B2 for the purpose of vacation only. My interview went thus

Me: My cousin whom I haven't seen in over 15 years is inviting us and my husband was there last year, he had a good time and he's promised taking us on a family vac.

Me: I work as a sales consultant with a travel company in the holidays dept. My core is building travel packages and making travel arrangements for both corporate and individual clients.

How do I now state at the POE that I wanna give birth in the US since I was issued a visa for vacation purpose only? Will my cash and card and upfront payment be enough as evidence of payments? My cousin/ host is in chicago but the Chicago poe stories I'm hearing are not for the fainthearted at all.

What lifelines do I have? I'm expecting by mid July and I intend leaving at the end of May. Any July moms can also be in touch so we can relate.

Thank you.
With this kind of your story,U should have atleast used your visa for the purpose it was issued before embarking on this birthing trip to help yourself,But i know that time is not your friend anymore. Moreover,B1/B2 Visa covers for vacation and Medical but it depends if u are pregnant during your interview but refused to disclose it to the VO,which will be seen as misrepresentation at the POE,all these will play important role at your POE,.All u have to do is to arm yourself with huge cash and other paper works as disclosed in this forum and Pls u better use another easy POE like JFK newyork,Dallas,atlanta and others,then u can use a local flight to connect Chicago,.but avoid Chicago & Houston POE's to avoid stories that touches the heart. Furthermore,be fully assured that your renewal might be difficult in future when your Current Visa expires,.Good Luck.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 4:15am On Mar 02, 2017
MsPapi:
Morning All.

Here goes my issue.

Thank you.

If i were you, i'd travel now for vacation, come back, then go have a baby in May. That last line i highlighted is a bad one... the CBP officer will see that and you showing up with a protruding belly will be a red flag. Yours is a cautionary tale - be honest at all times.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 5:58am On Mar 02, 2017
Good day everyone, pls this is for those who have traveled recently. Is travelex or any other bureau d change at the airport selling dollar? Also, how much is dollar to naira now?My friend is traveling sat and she wants to know. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.