Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,423 members, 7,836,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (981972 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumdearest: 9:08am On Mar 10, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Hi. Please what documents were required for the processing of you minor's passport and how much were you billed?

you will need the underlisted;
- baby's US passport with Nigerian Visa stamped on it/ETT
- Babys birth certificate
- babys passport photo (2nos)
- parents international passport

kindly go with original documents for sighting (its required)

regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DiObyyy: 9:15am On Mar 10, 2017
Penielme:

Gut und dir? Vielen Dank.

Please Why are we speaking German here ?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Penielme: 9:19am On Mar 10, 2017
DiObyyy:

Please Why are we speaking German here ?

Sorry wink

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bissiejoe: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2017
Penielme:

Gut und dir? Vielen Dank. Bist du noch in Deutschland?
Mir geht's gut.....Ja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 10:13am On Mar 10, 2017
FADEO:

Desoul, please help me with process to get visa on arrival for my LO. you can send me mail on..... thank you so much

Kindly send 2 me the process as well pls talk2omobaby@yahoo.com thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 10:21am On Mar 10, 2017
Bootyliciousjay:
She MAY not have lied when applying. She may have genuinely had travel plans before something came up. I mean, don't we sometimes make concrete plans to do stuff and then something else happens? I don't think it's fair to just assume that EVERYONE lied when applying for a visa. Eg. A person plans to travel then gets news of the death of someone or something that totally ruins the travel plans and probably has serious cost implications ( we do know that travelling these days ain't cheap anymore). Then say after like 4 months the person gets a positive pregnancy test and toys with the idea of having the baby abroad. 4 months plus say 6 months gives some time to save up for the birth trip...
That's just a possible scenario. Doesn't mean the person lied when applying. Or is the person supposed to forsee a pregnancy 6 months ahead, apply for B2 when there's no pregnancy, have correspondence with doctors and hospitals with an empty belly?
In all, there are different circumstances in life. Let's not be so quick to call a person a liar.
My humble thoughts.

When i say speak the truth, i didnt say she was lieing...I only meant if u are pregnant and you are applying, declare ur pregnancy. It will save u lots of stress in the future. Do NOT infer what i did not say from what I said,PLEASE.
I also got my visa for vacation but couldnt travel at the time of my travel cos i battled severe morning sickness and I went on to send the change of intent letter and travelled to have my baby. I have also just renewed my visa last week via dropbox without being called for any interview.
Even though i used a visa i got for the purpose of vacation to birth, I still SPOKE the TRUTH while applying.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kween2014: 10:27am On Mar 10, 2017
Hello everyone, please i need a little help. I have tried contacting Dr. Ezekiel via the hope womens clinic email address but i am not getting a response. Can anyone pls help with an email address i will get a response to? Also, tried calling the office phone number but no response. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 10:37am On Mar 10, 2017
[quote author=MiddyO post=54426017][/quote] sorry about that..I wish its in festact. I would have helped.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bootyliciousjay(f): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2017
You know dear, you really didn't have to go all defensive. She was asking why a change of intent letter was now frowned upon and somewhat discouraged ( something along those lines). All you said in reply to her was that she should tell the truth when applying (that already kinda implied that she didn't tell the truth, it didn't really answer her question). No one is/was encouraging not being truthful if applying while pregnant.... I was only viewing the change of intent letter from a broader perspective.
Anyway, that's about that. My post wasn't to diss you in any way.

customised87:

When i say speak the truth, i didnt say she was lieing...I only meant if u are pregnant and you are applying, declare ur pregnancy. It will save u lots of stress in the future. Do NOT infer what i did not say from what I said,PLEASE.
I also got my visa for vacation but couldnt travel at the time of my travel cos i battled severe morning sickness and I went on to send the change of intent letter and travelled to have my baby. I have also just renewed my visa last week via dropbox without being called for any interview.
Even though i used a visa i got for the purpose of vacation to birth, I still SPOKE the TRUTH while applying.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2017
mumdearest:

you will need the underlisted;
- baby's US passport with Nigerian Visa stamped on it/ETT
- Babys birth certificate
- babys passport photo (2nos)
- parents international passport

kindly go with original documents for sighting (its required)

regards.
Ok. Thanks. I appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
Bootyliciousjay:
You know dear, you really didn't have to go all defensive. She was asking why a change of intent letter was now frowned upon and somewhat discouraged ( something along those lines). All you said in reply to her was that she should tell the truth when applying (that already kinda implied that she didn't tell the truth, it didn't really answer her question). No one is/was encouraging not being truthful if applying while pregnant.... I was only viewing the change of intent letter from a broader perspective.
Anyway, that's about that. My post wasn't to diss you in any way.

Hello, if only you would check the post i replied to well, you would see that she asked a question which i specifically put in BOLD, and then i answered that question. I didnt post a reply to the whole of her post, i only replied the part i put in bold.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
desoul:

sorry about that..I wish its in festact. I would have helped.
I can come to Festac o. Will pm you in a bit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tossyn147: 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hi Please lemme know if you get one. I am also interested to reduce cost.
ANIT1:
Hello house anyone with accommodation for share in Northwest Houston please I'm interested.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
MiddyO:

I can come to Festac o. Will pm you in a bit.
no need for that,cos the baby has been enrolled in ikoyi, it will be double enrollment (afix reject).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
Penielme:

Sorry wink

I like you! You no fit shout. Sorry go just end the matter

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2017
desoul:

no need for that,cos the baby has been enrolled in ikoyi, it will be double enrollment (afix reject).

Ahhh desoul. You be insider. No wonder you were so certain about immigration and lack of booklets. I will bookmark you for connects!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
[quote author=nefertitiram post=54455290]

Ahhh desoul. You be insider. No wonder you were so certain about immigration and lack of booklets. I will bookmark you for connects![/quot
angry sad shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by muyiwaojo1(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hello everyone, please my 26 weeks pregnant sister and her hubby are going to Colorado, I booked an Etihad flight to New York (for POE) and another connecting flight to Colorado. I hope they won't encounter any problems. She's actually going for a medical test and they intend staying for just 2weeks.my fear now is that won't they be questioned at the PO for coming via new york and won't they think they are coming for child Birth? We are all scared ooo. Lol. Pls advice......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
muyiwaojo1:
Hello everyone, please my 26 weeks pregnant sister and her hubby are going to Colorado, I booked an Etihad flight to New York (for POE) and another connecting flight to Colorado. I hope they won't encounter any problems. She's actually going for a medical test and they intend staying for just 2weeks.my fear now is that won't they be questioned at the PO for coming via new york and won't they think they are coming for child Birth? We are all scared ooo. Lol. Pls advice......

The most simple conclusion would be that they are coming for child birth,the onus now lies on them to convince the cbp officer otherwise.
Do they have a medical visa? ( was their visa gotten for that purpose? If no,have they used it for the purpose it was gotten for)
Do they have paper work (Dr's correspondence) to show that they are coming for a medical test?
They should also have their connecting flight ticket at hand to show that Colorado is their final destination,just in case the cbp officer should ask.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gratefulalways: 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
@Customised87 please where was your renewal? Was it Abuja or Lagos?

customised87:

......... I also got my visa for vacation but couldnt travel at the time of my travel cos i battled severe morning sickness and I went on to send the change of intent letter and travelled to have my baby. I have also just renewed my visa last week via dropbox without being called for any interview. Even though i used a visa i got for the purpose of vacation to birth, I still SPOKE the TRUTH while applying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
Please a quick one, DW applied for B2 and stated during interview that it is for childbirth....meanwhile B1/B2 is what she has on the VISA. Is it supposed to be stated specifically as "B2" asking just for clarity sake.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2017
You are very correct by 4pm of that samw 17th you should have the passport with expedited.
Get the money order ready then go to the FedEx just 2 streets in front send it to your contact if you pay for next day delivery it will be with your contact before noon and he or she will put the visa and return immediately. So by 19th close of business the passport with visa is with you. That is what I did.
nomanicole:

pick the 17th date, morning appointment . it's possible to get the passport same day once expedited or you just have to let them know u are sending the passport out for visa , they will give you the same day. u can get approval for visa on arrival or make a 24 hr visa arrangement with Eddy the visa agent. it's a small. matter

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
idonhear:
Please a quick one, DW applied for B2 and stated during interview that it is for childbirth....meanwhile B1/B2 is what she has on the VISA. Is it supposed to be stated specifically as "B2" asking for clarity sake.

No worries,she's on track,that's how it's done.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 4:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
In very few cases will it be stated going to put to birth but the visa usually b1/b2
idonhear:
Please a quick one, DW applied for B2 and stated during interview that it is for childbirth....meanwhile B1/B2 is what she has on the VISA. Is it supposed to be stated specifically as "B2" asking for clarity sake.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by muyiwaojo1(m): 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Babatwi:

The most simple conclusion would be that they are coming for child birth,the onus now lies on them to convince the cbp officer otherwise.
Do they have a medical visa? ( was their visa gotten for that purpose? If no,have they used it for the purpose it was gotten for)
Do they have paper work (Dr's correspondence) to show that they are coming for a medical test?
They should also have their connecting flight ticket at hand to show that Colorado is their final destination,just in case the cbp officer should ask.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by muyiwaojo1(m): 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for the response. The wife got the visa first, (last year),on medical grounds, but she was given a B1/B2 type of visa. Her husband got her visa few months ago too, and stated that he wants to accompany his wife for a test. And he was also given B1/B2 type of visa. Does this type of visa implies that it's for medical purposes

quote author=Babatwi post=54458224]

They should also have their connecting flight ticket at hand to show that Colorado is their final destination,just in case the cbp officer should ask.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by muyiwaojo1(m): 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
Thanks for the response. The wife got the visa first, (last year),on medical grounds, but she was given a B1/B2 type of visa. Her husband got her visa few months ago too, and stated that he wants to accompany his wife for a test. And he was also given B1/B2 type of visa. Does this type of visa implies that it's for medical purposes

Babatwi:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
muyiwaojo1:

Then ba magana,that is to say,no worries. They don't have any thing to fear then

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chichi93(f): 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
Okay so this thread has been super useful and informative to me I have decided to grow it by giving back!I had my visa interview in Lagos yesterday and the transcript is below:
DH: Gd day ma'm
V.O: gdmorning, how are u both related?
DH: we are married.
V.O: for how long?
DH: ...............
VO: Any kids?
DH: No but we are expecting
VO: So what exactly do u do in your place of work.
DH: .......................
VO: what is your highest qualification?
DH:...........................
VO: turns to me and asks me to describe my job role and my highest qualification
Me:................
VO: what's your purpose of traveling?
DH: childbirth
VO: so how do u intend to afford it when yo have been married for a short time, have u been able to save?
DH: I had savings before marriage which was in a fixed deposit.
V.O: ok so have you contacted any doctor and do you have any idea what it would cost?
Me: Yes I did some research and I came across my doctor who has high ratings and I contacted him. Here is the correspondence indicating the cost as well.
VO: glances through and nods! Am glad you chose a good hospital.
VO: Do u have any relatives in US?
Me: No I don't.
V.O:where wld you be staying?
Me:I intend to use Soulcare concierge, I contacted them and I was sent a copy of their rates which I used to plan.
V.O:How long do u intend to stay?
Me: 8 weeks
V:O: I think that is too short cos baby may be too tender to fly. Contact your doctor and ensure you fly at the appropriate time with the baby.
V.O turns to D.H and jokingly asks if he wld be going with me or when the baby arrives.
DH: smiles and says he wld be there much later to welcome baby because of work.
V.O: ok that's great! Your visa wld be ready in 3working days.bla bla bla
Hope this helps some one.. grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
Thanks a lot. God bless you

quote author=Babatwi post=54409465]

Do a dropbox renewal since you are qualified for it?
And just incase you are called for an interview, Desperate's letter is still ok ( at least i haven't read that anybody was bounced because of it lately ) Purpose of traveling is child birth,also remember to go with the receipts from your previous missionary journey and also prepare as if you are going for a fresh visa interview with all the works eg Dr & Hospital correspondence,budget sheet etc. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hello emerald,pls does the doctors fee include lab tests and scans? Also, are there any other bills involved? What accommodation are you using that's close by? Cos I'm presently torn between elpaso and Houston. Thanks
emerald274:

Dr Xydas fee is 2000 for virginal and 2200 for CS.
HNWMC costs 2000 for virginal and 3500 for CS. You pay the hospital a bit more if it's a multiple preganancy.
It appears that you can only have the ped bill after you ve been discharged.

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.