Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (981849 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
lami88:

Thanks so much mimibe just tracked it now and saw passport ready for pickup.
you welcome
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by IPUNTTOPROFIT: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
Posh404:
when he vow that one?

These are the top ten policies he intends to implement when he is sworn in as President on January 20, 20017.

1 Build a "great, great wall" between the US and Mexico. The wall is estimated to cost between $2.2bn and $13bn.

2 A mass deportation of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants living in the US. In addition, his immigration reforms would end "birthright citizenship", the policy that grants the children of illegal immigrants citizenship so long as they are born on American soil.

3 Muslims would not be admitted to the US. He has since gone back on the announcement, instead saying that he would put in place "extreme vetting" for anyone wishing to immigrate to the US.

4 Send back Syrian migrants seeking asylum in the US.

5 He would "bomb the hell" out of IS.

6 He would put surveillance on US mosques.

7 In order to end mass shootings, he would invest in mental health treatment.

8 Create a simpler tax code. Trump wants anyone who earns less than $25 000 (£16,500) to pay no income tax.

9 He would raise the federal minimum wage from its present level of $7.25/hour.

10 Encourage Tokyo and Seoul to build up nuclear arsenals
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
IPUNTTOPROFIT:
But what is the point of giving birth in US..when Donald trump has vowed to stop BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP ...
May be I missed out please when did Trump make this vow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by IPUNTTOPROFIT: 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
chibertha:

May be I missed out please when did Trump make this vow.
I posted that above
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lobus: 10:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
IPUNTTOPROFIT:
But what is the point of giving birth in US..when Donald trump has vowed to stop BIRTHRIGHT CITIZENSHIP ...

Really? Do you know the consideration and thought process involved in the citizenship by birth? He cannot just stop it. Lets assume he does, it won't affect others that had theirs prior.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SlowlybtSurely: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
IPUNTTOPROFIT:

These are the top ten policies he intends to implement when he is sworn in as President on January 20, 20017.

2 A mass deportation of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants living in the US. In addition, his immigration reforms would end "birthright citizenship", the policy that grants the children of illegal immigrants citizenship so long as they are born on American soil.

Who amongst us here is an illegal immigrant?

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by falopey: 10:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
lobus:

Really? Do you know the consideration and thought process involved in the citizenship by birth? He cannot just stop it. Lets assume he does, it won't affect others that had theirs prior.

UK stopped it.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by IPUNTTOPROFIT: 11:35pm On Nov 10, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Who amongst us here is an illegal immigrant?
You can only speak for yourself ....because most Nigerians just go there in the aim to give birth for the Child citizenship. .....any 1 that does that is what

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Viking007(m): 11:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SlowlybtSurely: 11:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
IPUNTTOPROFIT:

You can only speak for yourself ....because most Nigerians just go there in the aim to give birth for the Child citizenship. .....any 1 that does that is what

And that makes them illegal immigrants?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Waliwa: 12:00am On Nov 11, 2016
Dxbconnection:

Yay! Where in Chicago are you going and have you found a hospital? I will be in Cook County. Also are you due in May or traveling in May?

Hello ladies, another Chicago bound mama here going in April 07.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 2:21am On Nov 11, 2016
modath:

Austin don't come here with common sense nah.. grin

Which tenable excuse person get to "vacation" for morika in this time of "cheap dollars"? & not have F&F side eye person ? Flight alone sef na one blow 3 die..Left me oo.. grin
Its not easy at all,i have been looking for a cheap ticket for my wife and 2 kids for winter vacation to Seattle this xmass,but all the prices i have seen are all on top of mountain. Its not easy at all,may God help us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 2:43am On Nov 11, 2016
IPUNTTOPROFIT:

Its not illegal immigrants,. illegal immigrants means people that come to the US through the back door without visa,like the mexicans and other Latinos and those that have overstayed their Visas not we that travel legally with visas obtained from the US embassy. When u apply for your US visa,is it not Non Immigrant visa u chose, so why are u now classifying yourself as Illegal Immigrant? Moreover, mind u that u cant just stop 14th Amendment that was passed in 1868 and has been in existence since then.Before u do that,it has to go through processes from referendum to the congress and to the senate and then to the supreme court,it was after all these then if passed that it can be changed. He can't come one morning and just change the Law of the Land that is as big as 14th Amendment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 4:39am On Nov 11, 2016
I find all this back and forth tiring
1.The fact that a law has been in existence since 19 kpirigidim does not mean it cannot be changed, repealed or ammended. It just means once you get the support needed for the process it can pass. Uk and Australian repealed theirs. Easy peasy.
2. Trump on his own cannot change the birther law but can influence the process. If he is able to get enough votes , can the law be repealed? Of course. Now we see that republicans won a majority of both houses. Do the math. And if you look very well, some democrats sef are not in support of the law.
3. The birther law applies to every non american. Whether immigrant legal or otherwise , and tourists. The law simply says, if one is born on American soil, he becomes American, (Jus soli) No matter the status of the parents. If the law is repealed, one can stilll birth in the US, but the baby will NOT be given automatic citizenship.

The only thing one can say safely is that the repel (if they decide), it will take a bit of time and process. But issit doable? Mosdef.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 6:24am On Nov 11, 2016
Akorkor:

Lol@laundering money. Thanks
lol uw
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by IPUNTTOPROFIT: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
1.The fact that a law has been in existence since 19 kpirigidim does not mean it cannot be changed, repealed or ammended. It just means once you get the support needed for the process it can pass. Uk and Australian repealed theirs. Easy peasy.
2. Trump on his own cannot change the birther law but can influence the process. If he is able to get enough votes , can the law be repealed? Of course. Now we see that republicans won a majority of both houses. Do the math. And if you look very well, some democrats sef are not in support of the law.
3. The birther law applies to every non american. Whether immigrant legal or otherwise , and tourists. The law simply says, if one is born on American soil, he becomes American, (Jus soli) No matter the status of the parents. If the law is repealed, one can stilll birth in the US, but the baby will NOT be given automatic citizenship.

The only thing one can say safely is that the repel (if they decide), it will take a bit of time and process. But issit doable? Mosdef.
Copied
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2016
constitutions, laws can be amended...it just requires the approval of the 2/3 majority of the both house and the supreme court...but it requires lots of process..and as for if it's possible the answer is YES.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lobus: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2016
falopey:

UK stopped it.

And what is the Land mass of the UK?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gratefulalways: 9:09am On Nov 11, 2016
Hi Lami88, I'd like to ask you a few questions please regarding your renewal.

lami88:

Thanks so much mimibe just tracked it now and saw passport ready for pickup.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lively123: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2016
please, has anybody passed through the US border since Trump's victory? let's see whether the President -Elect's body language has started affecting things at the POE.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 10:00am On Nov 11, 2016
@JW I see you cleaned up. However, I'm of the humble opinion that all the posts with derogatory comments should be cleaned as well. If not then we would assume its ok for certain people to call others names and that is the definition of bias ...
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 10:25am On Nov 11, 2016
my people.....search for cheap flight is driving me crazy. Anyone with a good deal or suggestion for december?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lami88: 10:34am On Nov 11, 2016
gratefulalways:
Hi Lami88, I'd like to ask you a few questions please regarding your renewal.

Go ahead mam. Or you would prefer a personal message?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

well said!

However the issue most people have with @ipuntforprofit's post is that he called people on this thread legal immigrants which we are not.

Also, his original question was why people were still planning to give birth in the u.s since Dona has been elected. The simple answer to that is; plans to repeal or not, the 14th amendment has not been repealed YET.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.