Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977764 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2017
EEden:
I went for my interview today with my mum. My mum was given but
I wasn't. I don't understand why as I am the pry applicant and we stated we where going for childbirth

Share your transcript. Somebody here might be able to see what u missed.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2017
Any takers..??
Anyone....
Anybody...??
Somebody...??
Please... embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry

shawlar:
Please is there anyone travelling from Lagos to Houston this weekend...??
I need to send another consent form to my wife quite urgently.
Kindly PM.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 9:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
glogirl:
Hello ladies,

Please is etc still in use for new born babies? I just got the one I paid for but a family friend told me it is no longer issued for newborns. I hope it's not a fake that I was issued so i don't run into trouble.

You can use ETC fr your baby. Got mine some weeks back nd no issues
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Arc0: 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
I'm leaving this msg here for Doctoresparati Moms or moms to be, and any Moms in El Paso from May

I'm a Doctoresparati patient and will be in El Paso from May, next month. If anyone of you moms will like to meet up, share some pastimes or lonely times, I can definitely use some company myself

Message me or drop a line here and I'll respond

However, It will be nice to know a bit about you before we meet, for safety reasons and precautions wink

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
nefertitiram:

Not true. You can use naija licence or intl drivers licence
I wonder why people always asks this question about driving in the US, U are in the US to have your baby,why driving? why cant they do what they came to do and leave to Nigeria and then drive as they like? instead of coming to foreign mans land with non immigrant visa and create one problem or the other for yourself in the name of driving,. What if u hit someone with the car? the next thing will be to put the blame on Devil,. I think people should avoid all these driving things and face what they come to do,. My Opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nutnut: 11:18pm On Apr 28, 2017
hello.please can anyone explain the process of getting the american passport when one of parent is not present.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cisco123: 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
biolarh:
pls house,after a long chart betwEen my husband and d doctor...dis is the confirmation sent to him.do u think I still need to ask some questions abt the payment frm him. or shld I just take dis to d embssy.guru pls ans me

That's all you need, I went to the embassy with same letter.
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Arc0: 11:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
Austine2020:
I wonder why people always asks this question about driving in the US, U are in the US to have your baby,why driving? why cant they do what they came to do and leave to Nigeria and then drive as they like? instead of coming to foreign mans land with non immigrant visa and create one problem or the other for yourself in the name of driving,. What if u hit someone with the car? the next thing will be to put the blame on Devil,. I think people should avoid all these driving things and face what they come to do,. My Opinion though.

I don't think you should wonder, they are all adults in this forum and everyone is responsible for his/her action

In our quest for comfort, what's a sin to one person could be a blessing to another.

Just mind your business, and if it bothers you so much, spend your time praying for us rather than just wondering. My Opinion though

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2017
Austine2020:

actually, it was a man that asked.

And in places like Texas with a not so awesome transport system, a car is a necessity

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
Austine2020:

Sometimes, it is more convenient and cheaper (on the long run) to rent a car and drive especially in parts of America where public transportation is virtually nonexistent. My cousin stayed with family and almost regretted it afterwards. She was paying as high as $200 on taxi just to get to the closest mall or something.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jw2996323: 1:30am On Apr 29, 2017
Hello Great Mom&Dad,

Please, I URGENTLY need Desoul contact for visa on arrival for our LO. Also anyone with useful information on how we can process Nigeria Passport for our LO in Houston, Texas.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 3:31am On Apr 29, 2017
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,
URGENT INFO NEEDED.

Please for those who rented a car or drove especially in houston,was it that international drivers license una use with no fuss from any law official?
And pls who has the contact of anyone doing this licence. Cannot find the contact of the guy I used two years ago

Doctoresparati offering car rental for $80 a week and $250 deposit (refundable when car is turned in). Unlimited local miles.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayonitemi2017: 4:37am On Apr 29, 2017
Hello house, Please i also need Desoul's contact urgently. The Nigerian Visa is the only thing keeping me in the US.
Kindly help! Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by barinem: 6:28am On Apr 29, 2017
]I'm leaving this msg here for Doctoresparati Moms or moms to be, and any Moms in El Paso from May

I'm a Doctoresparati patient and will be in El Paso from May, next month. If anyone of you moms will like to meet up, share some pastimes or lonely times, I can definitely use some company myself

Message me or drop a line here and I'll respond

However, It will be nice to know a bit about you before we meet, for safety reasons and precautions wink

Cheers[/quote]

Hello I try to reply ur mail but no way don't know what is wrong with it, if u can please do send me email and ur phone no so we can get in touch from there. I will be in El paso from May as well. Waiting to hear from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:13am On Apr 29, 2017
I just tire.
The metro bus or train is there in some states and very cheap.Uber is there taxis are there.
Just use google to know your route and bus number.
If you stay in a place that there is no metro route take a cab to the nearest park and ride or transit center and off you go round town on your way back do same.
My view though correct me if I am wrong
Austine2020:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 7:27am On Apr 29, 2017
I just PM u, ma"am pls write back.

Ashynabs:
Hi guys decided to take a straight flight from lagos to houston via atlanta thats delta...... any experience with the POE IN ATLANTA PLS ADVISE......... i am going with my son who was born there..... pls someone reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 7:38am On Apr 29, 2017
chibertha:
I just tire.
The metro bus or train is there in some states and very cheap.Uber is there taxis are there.
If you stay in a place that there is no metro route take a cab to the nearest park and ride or transit center and off you go round town on your way back do same.
Actually, your view is correct in your own situation. You do not have a complete knowledge about others. I am sure most people wanting to rent and drive a car are male. It becomes a necessity considering the transportation system and the support required during the trip. Budget is also there to worry about. The least is "if something happen". So let pray for ourselves.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2017
Are there airlines doing sales promo at the moment? The prices of tickets I have been seeing lately can give someone a heart attack! What are the cheapest airlines you've found so far?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 8:53am On Apr 29, 2017
shawlar:

Any takers..??
Anyone....
Anybody...??
Somebody...??
Please... embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry

You might want to check your mentions cos I'm sure I saw where PrinceAdeAde offered to help

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
jw2996323:
Hello Great Mom&Dad,

Please, I URGENTLY need Desoul contact for visa on arrival for our LO. Also anyone with useful information on how we can process Nigeria Passport for our LO in Houston, Texas.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2017
ayonitemi2017:
Hello house, Please i also need Desoul's contact urgently. The Nigerian Visa is the only thing keeping me in the US.
Kindly help! Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2017
Austine2020:

Extremely myopic view. Even though it's your opinion.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ekomJEI3: 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
I think it depends on each individual's preference. @ Austine2020 While this thread is on having your baby in the US, for some going to the US to have your baby does not necessarily mean you should give up on some essentials or comforts which ever way you choose to look at it. I always prefer to drive and i would just advise anyone doing so to procure an insurance. Not every Nigerian is a reckless driver. My two cents...

chibertha:
I just tire.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
chibertha:
I just tire.

Your View? Very Good.... It all depends on you and your location.... For me, it was way way more convenient to rent a car after spending over 250$ per day on transport in houston. In houston, there are no metro and bus ride, a car to drive in houston is a necesity and convienient for DW and my Little daughter. So I rented a car for less than 300$ for a week (for about 5 weeks), I could go to anywhere at time T, to movies, mall, shopping, NASA, Museum and visiting and When DW went into Labour, i had less to worry about concerning transport. The car came in handy and effectively efficient.

So my dear, it all depends on you, then level of comfort you want, and the location.

So in my view, opinion and practical experience in Houston, renting a car is a necessity for comfort and convenience.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2017
Austine2020:

I wanted to write a long response to this but summarize with three words - Negative Myopic Opinion..........

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
Congrats on your visa approval. Am amazed to hear 'a little over 4000USD ' in Florida!!!. Do you mind sharing what part of Florida? Cos for hospital alone i have quotes of 5000USD.

zulee:
Good day, I'd like to share my experience at the Lagos US embassy today. I had initially been refused at Abuja in February with my husband and son because the visa officer claimed my bill showed pending final invoice and wasnt sure if I paid all my bill. At that time I didn't know about this thread and so many information on zero balance statement, letter of non-indebtedness n itimised bill. So I began to call the hospital to send these documents since February oh. Finally armed my self with every evidence that I wasn't owing, the budget sheet and all an envelope full of other documents. Mehn! The queue in Lagos no be child's play. I met an old lady, she refused 3 people before me. the following conversation took place

VO: Good Morning Ma'am
Me: Good Morning
VO: what did you go to do in Saudi Arabia?
Me: I went for pilgrimage July last year
VO: What did you do in US the last time?
me: I had a baby
VO: ok, how many kids do you have?
Me: 2
VO: how old are they?
Me: 4 and a year 8 months
VO: Do you have the receipts
Me: Hands over my receipts
VO: How much did you pay
Me: A little over $4000
VO: where is that?
Me: Florida
VO: How did you pay?
Me: I used my MasterCard as a self paid patient
VO: so what do you wanna go and do now?
Me: I'm pregnant and I wanna have my baby
VO: where do you work?
Me: Bleep
VO: what's your position?
VO: Does your Husband have a valid visa?
Me: No it also expired same time as mine, but he's planning on renewing it too
VO: where does he work?
VO: So you wanna go back to same place?
Me: Yes I want to go back to Florida
By that time she was already picking the white paper
VO: when do you intend traveling?
Me: End of July to Early August
VO: Ok you can pick your passport next week, we will email you when it's ready anyway. Did you avoid Abuja office so won't be denied?
Me: Smiled and said I'm in Lagos for meeting and I wanted to try a different place. God bless you.

She didn't ask for correspondence with hospital/doc, budgetsheet, bank statement, itemised bill, zero balance, why I applied for visit visa in January, why my husband and son did not apply this time around. I expected a lot of questions but she came down easy on me. I'm thankful to God and to all the people on this thread who give information. Wish everyone the best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 6:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Chanbaby:

U cant process Nigerian passport from houston. Either u go to Atlanta, new york or washington DC. Answer ur pm let me give u desouls contact.

Hi chanbaby pls i will like to have Desouls contact too. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2017
Good evening house pls is it possible for one to give birth in a state and after collecting the birth certificate social security number one can go to another state to get the passport done? Want to be certain of this pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shirley013: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2017
Yes it is.

quote author=Ddoy2003 post=56048477]Good evening house pls is it possible for one to give birth in a state and after collecting the birth certificate social security number one can go to another state to get the passport done? Want to be certain of this pls[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ddoy2003:
Good evening house pls is it possible for one to give birth in a state and after collecting the birth certificate social security number one can go to another state to get the passport done? Want to be certain of this pls

Ofcourse it is.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
Thank you for the reply family, hope one can still get the passport done without the SSN COS I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME MY HOST WILL SEND THE SSN CARD TO ME
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
So people shouldn't explore their environment/options? They should just concentrate strictly on giving birth that they
came for? Issorait
I don't see anything wrong with driving in USA, I wanted to rent a car on my first birthing journey in Houston but eventually didn't. During my second journey, I had a bus stop just in front of the house plus I also used a concierge service that offer transport. I used bus waka the whole of Houston.
I could go round and round different places, stopping at intervals for $3 for a whole day.
There are buses in Houston for the person tags said there is none. But the buses doesn't cover every part of Houston.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.