Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978275 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 10:18am On Apr 24, 2017
Big Shout out to those who give back with no BLEEP or XXXXX $ when writing about * HOW MUCH YOU HAVE ON YOU * Some say for security reason, that's laughable bcoz i don't get it. Make una no kuku tell us which airport una follow enter sef.

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biolarh: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2017
pls house my interview is in a weeks time and I need reply frm the gurus in the house,in the correspondence sent to my husband the total bill is 2200doll for cs(office visit,all lab work done,ultra sound,delivery and postpartum visit).pls if asked by the VO how much is my bugdet.will I just add my accommodation fee with the doctor fee,feeding fee and all other expensive
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 11:36am On Apr 24, 2017
biolarh:
pls house my interview is in a weeks time and I need reply frm the gurus in the house,in the correspondence sent to my husband the total bill is 2200doll for cs(office visit,all lab work done,ultra sound,delivery and postpartum visit).pls if asked by the VO how much is my bugdet.will I just add my accommodation fee with the doctor fee,feeding fee and all other expensive
Contact the hospital/Doc to confirm if the 2200 is only Doc's fees or inclusive of hospital fees. Usually there is Doctor's fee which is about the amount you quoted and there is also hospital fees which is given at the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2017
biolarh:

Even i will not give you a visa let alone a VO that has been conditioned to distrust (most often deservedly ) the average Nigerian. ....

There is no way in this world & in the next one that TOTAL bill for CS will be 2.2k in the USA... NO ... Ensure you get the accurate bill then add other expenses to your budget sheet to give your application some weight. . my 2k.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
biolarh:

2200 is the doctor's fee. It does not include hospital, epidural, paediatrician, lab work etc.

Your budget should include all your expenses (doctor, hospital, accommodation, transport, baby's document, feeding etc)...

Read through the thread and be better equipped.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
Pls can anyone help me with dr stimage email address, am really finding it difficult getting them on phone. Any affordable accommodation around Baylor Scott and white medical center Carrollton Dallas will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hi Uzy, send me a PM and I'll reply with the address. I don't think I'm allowed to post it here.

uzyfine:
Pls can anyone help me with dr stimage email address, am really finding it difficult getting them on phone. Any affordable accommodation around Baylor Scott and white medical center Carrollton Dallas will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MissG(f): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hi Terese69,

Did you get my mail?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
STAGE 1- PHASE 3 INTERVIEW

So i went for my interview this morning. Bloodly long queue and after standing for more than 2 hours i got to talk. Below;

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning

VO: why do you want to go to the US
Me: To be with my wife, she traveled about a month ago for the birthing of our child and the baby is actually due anytime from now and I'd
love to be with her before the arrival

VO: What do you do
Me: I am an **** and i co owner a *** and ***** firm

VO:: Do you have a copy of your wife's visa with you
Me: Yes I do( passed it across to her)

VO: Where are you travelling to
Me: Chicago, Illinois

VO: So what do you really do
Me: Began to explain the different aspects of work to her and she cuts in

VO: have this back( my wife's visa page- while still typing)
VO: Are you married?
Me: yes, I just told you i was going to be with my wife who would be putting to bed so

VO: Oh am so sorry
Your visa would be ready on thursday so pick it up at the location you picked. have a safe trip

And that was it. 3-5mins and it ended.

@chibertha, thanks for your relentless responses. Your head is forever there. @shawbabe bosslady, somehow you have always been nice to responding to me and I appreciate. cheers.

Getting my bags ready to go to the amrika (in jenifa's voice) grin

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
Yes I did. Thanks a lot. I replied you earlier, did you get it?

MissG:

Hi Terese69,

Did you get my mail?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elizabetha(f): 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hi
I sent you a mail

Teefinix3:

Congratulations Elizabeth...
I an considering Qatar and also elpaso/Dallas. Right now,am finding it difficult to get doctors correspondence from Dallas and seriously looking at elpaso. I ve received a mail from doctores but since am hoping for vbac...I intend to get a doctor personally and also contact del Sol on my own.
Pls did u use doctores or u did an independent contact to ur Hosp/Dr...
I really need ur assistance.
I ve pm you.
Thanks.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Jessmama: 3:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
Please who knows about flying back with my baby on delta? A rep from delta nigeria says I should ensure i book a return ticket for the baby since she is travelling back with a visa. However when i called to book the ticket they said a babys ticket cant b issued without an adults ticket. And i have just a one way ticket to naija left.

Has anyone had this experience wit delta. Just dont want any surprises at d airport if i buy the one way ticket for my baby.

Plus i am getting a quotation of about $450 for the baby's one way ticket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
Terese69:
Hi Uzy, send me a PM and I'll reply with the address. I don't think I'm allowed to post it here.

i don't know how to pm, pls this is is my email missqueensuzzy@yahoo.com. Thanks in antipation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 4:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Jessmama:
Please who knows about flying back with my baby on delta? A rep from delta nigeria says I should ensure i book a return ticket for the baby since she is travelling back with a visa. However when i called to book the ticket they said a babys ticket cant b issued without an adults ticket. And i have just a one way ticket to naija left.

Has anyone had this experience wit delta. Just dont want any surprises at d airport if i buy the one way ticket for my baby.

Plus i am getting a quotation of about $450 for the baby's one way ticket.

My wife flew delta two years ago and she bought infant on lap ticket at the airport which is on top of the mum's ticket thus a one way ticket.
We also got some outrageous quote however I was advised when i called delta US office. I think you should call them for more clarity or goto the aiport ticketing office to buy the ticket
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hi,

I flew delta 2 years ago with my daughter and I had to add her to my ticket as an infant. I paid about $350 but this payment was at the airport on my return date.

You can all ahead and have your booking done while you make payment on your return date ( that is if you do not have a dollar card to make the payment over the phone).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:44am On Apr 25, 2017
Congratulations please bring me akamu in satchet.
Safe delivery
freshdad:
STAGE 1- PHASE 3 INTERVIEW

So i went for my interview this morning. Bloodly long queue and after standing for more than 2 hours i got to talk. Below;

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning

VO: why do you want to go to the US
Me: To be with my wife, she traveled about a month ago for the birthing of our child and the baby is actually due anytime from now and I'd
love to be with her before the arrival

VO: What do you do
Me: I am an **** and i co owner a *** and ***** firm

VO:: Do you have a copy of your wife's visa with you
Me: Yes I do( passed it across to her)

VO: Where are you travelling to
Me: Chicago, Illinois

VO: So what do you really do
Me: Began to explain the different aspects of work to her and she cuts in

VO: have this back( my wife's visa page- while still typing)
VO: Are you married?
Me: yes, I just told you i was going to be with my wife who would be putting to bed so

VO: Oh am so sorry
Your visa would be ready on thursday so pick it up at the location you picked. have a safe trip

And that was it. 3-5mins and it ended.

@chibertha, thanks for your relentless responses. Your head is forever there. @shawbabe bosslady, somehow you have always been nice to responding to me and I appreciate. cheers.

Getting my bags ready to go to the amrika (in jenifa's voice) grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Congratulation fresdad bring chocolate for us o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutieb(f): 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
I can help u by sending you my budget sheet which was what I used for my interview at the embassy.
I intend using Houston Northwest Hosp. Dr. Xydas.

biolarh:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DiObyyy: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello mummies,
Please my husband wants to notarize the DS3053
at the US embassy in Lagos. What documents should he take along with him for this?
Is it strictly by appointments only or he can just walk in and have it sorted ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 1:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
He should go with a valid government I.d e.g. international passport. Ño he doesn't need to book an appointment however it is done on specific days and time. Check their website for the most up To date information.
DiObyyy:
Hello mummies,
at the US embassy in Lagos. What documents should he take along with him for this?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DiObyyy: 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
Okay, thank you

chibertha:
He should go with a valid government I.d e.g. international passport. Ño he doesn't need to book an appointment however it is done on specific days and time. Check their website for the most up To date information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olajay5: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
DiObyyy:
Hello mummies,

This may serve everybody that intends to notarise the form DS3053. This is from US Embassy website in Nigeria.

Notary Services

Notary services are available to all U.S. passport holders and foreign nationals for documents destined to be used in the United States. The fee is 50 USD, or the Nigerian Naira equivalent, for each notary seal stamp administered. The NGN to USD exchange rate may vary. Consent forms for Consular services and notarials or certified copies to be presented by claimants, beneficiaries, or their witnesses in connection with obtaining U.S. Federal, state, or municipal benefits are free of charge if notarized at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, although individuals may also choose to have them notarized by a Notary Public in the United States.

Preparation for a notary appointment

Before you come to the Embassy/Consulate, read your document(s) through carefully and make sure you understand the document(s). If a document is not clear, check with the office or organization requiring the notarized document or your legal advisor. Consular staff cannot explain your document(s) to you.
Know exactly where you are meant to sign. The consular staff cannot advise you in any way on what is required of you for your document so come to the Embassy fully prepared.
Mark every page where the notary needs to sign, with a marker sticker sticking out of the document. Also make clear which pages should be attached to each other, for instance with a paper clip.
Fill in the document(s) with the appropriate names, places and dates. However, DO NOT sign your document – you will sign under oath at the Embassy before a Consular Officer.
Bring personal identification, preferably your passport.
Bring the entire document(s), even if only one page is to be notarized.
Notary Services

No appointment is necessary for notarial services in Abuja and Lagos.
Hours of service for Abuja are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Hours of service for Lagos are Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Wait Times For Notary Services

Please be aware that wait times for notaries range from 15 to 30 minutes depending on the number of customers. Generally speaking, the earlier you arrive, the shorter your wait

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
Pls mamas in the house, any knowledge on affordable accommodation in Dallas am using Baylor Scott and white medical center Carrollton. Plssssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ODBae: 2:05am On Apr 26, 2017
cutieb:
I can help u by sending you my budget sheet which was what I used for my interview at the embassy.

Please I would love to see a sample of your budget sheet. Please can you kindly send it to me too? I ll send you a personal message. Thanks alot in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 7:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Bisoye82:

Congratulations. smiley smiley
. @ bisoye82, I pm u pls can you send me st Francis email address as well as DR M email. Pls I really need them thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by flow2davis: 11:50am On Apr 26, 2017
Dear pls i also needthe quote. most especially, the likely questions because i am interview due soon at Abuja Embassy.

cutieb:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by pretty199: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2017
Dear Ladies, I am trying to find cost / price of birth in the us hospitals and can't understand how to make a search in the thread. please advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
uzyfine:
. @ biso..ye82, I pm u pls can you send me st Francis email address as well as DR M email. Pls I really need them thanks

Try and give back to this thread! Even transcript, you didn't share

Don't you know people are more willing to give info when you give as well

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by flow2davis: 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2017
Dear All,

Is it advisable to apply for B2 (Birthing Visa) with my Husband?
We are both in Nigeria.
My Passport is Virgin but my Hubbys' who is funding isn't.

Thanks My Ppl.

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.