Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (980205 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2017
I dont think its about twoods..in this case the person didnt lie..fyi the vos and cbps knw who is honest and who is dishonest..we just giving ourselves headache
justwise:

I have read many stories like that here and many people here arguing against it are doing so because the issue was brought by TWoods (their common enemy), not because they truly believed that letter of change of intent worth anything when you lied during visa interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by thermolady: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
maideyz:
Hello Thermolady, i am happy for you and hope your baby is doing great. Please i am currently in elpaso in the elpaso to have my baby and i have been informed that it takes a long time for the birth certificate to arrive. Please i will like to know if you had to an extra fee for the certificate to arrive early. Kindly advise on how you were able to scale through.

Pardon late reply; LO's fine, thanks. No extra payment needed. Just keep checking epcounty/public records website by inputting ur baby's name. When the certificate is ready, u will see '1 result found,' u then immediately go to records office with hubby/notarised form & ID for collection. Takes about a week for certificate to be ready for collection.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
Colouredgirl:
I wonder why it is called "letter of intent" then..the vo saying the letter doesnt mean a thing is a good way of disuading dishonest people..but fr those who honestly need the letter can go ahead and send it

People came up with that term here, never a visa requirement whatsoever, just as the term: 'burden of proof' was originated here.

B1/B2 visa allows the holder to receive medical treatment while in US, so there is no need sending letter of change of intent if you want to receive medical treatment.

However, when lying comes naturally to many during visa interview sending a letter of change of intent means nothing.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
Colouredgirl:
I dont think its about twoods..in this case the person didnt lie..fyi the vos and cbps knw who is honest and who is dishonest..we just giving ourselves headache

It's about him and some people's intolerance to alternative views especially when it's hard truth to swallow.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
bigtalla:

You are very correct.

2014, my wife and I went for a visa interview and was asked if she was pregnant, we said no, but she was actually pregnant. We were not properly informed and thought the easiest way was to lie about it. We wrote the normal ''letter of change of intent'' and got a reply that it was OK for us to travel. When u got to the POE, the CBP officer didn't say anything about the letter and we were stamped in for 6 months... Fast forward to 2016, we did a dropbox for visa renewal but was invited for an interview. The first question we were asked was, '' did you (my wife) give birth in the US?'' We said yes, and went further to expalain we paid all our bills and have zero balance,...bal bla bla.. he just said we were not eligible for a visa because we lied about our intent of travelling. We told him that we wrote to the embassy before travelling, he said '' those letters mean nothing to us''....

So please, do yourself some good and don't lie about your travel intentions.. It will somehow, someday bite you when you least expect.
What if you wer'nt asked whether you were pregnant and you were travelling for a different reason at the time. Is that still an offence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
veegurl:

What if you wer'nt asked whether you were pregnant and you were travelling for a different reason at the time. Is that still an offence

Did u travel for the original reason? The VOs still frown at it during renewal if you were pregnant during interview and didn't declare. Sometimes they may chose to overlook it, but it is a chance you can never predict
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

Did u travel for the original reason? The VOs still frown at it during renewal if you were pregnant during interview and didn't declare. Sometimes they may chose to overlook it, but it is a chance you can never predict
Yes i did! But i was going for my mum's burial at the time, and i was nt even planning to give birth in US. I thought you werent suppose to say what you were not asked. Anyway i'm going for son's visa, so we travel together
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tbash16: 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Good evening, pls is there a need for a notarized form for BC collection? I tot it's only needed for passport when hubby isn't around.would like to know pls
thermolady:

Pardon late reply; LO's fine, thanks. No extra payment needed. Just keep checking epcounty/public records website by inputting ur baby's name. When the certificate is ready, u will see '1 result found,' u then immediately go to records office with hubby/notarised form & ID for collection. Takes about a week for certificate to be ready for collection.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by layo31: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Freshface:
When are you travelling to Chicago? Pm me.

July ending
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
biolarh:
pls house make una quick enlighthen me,those that have gone through turkish,what kind of test is conducted for them at the airport.i need to be sure cos by doctor calculation is 34weeks2days but by scan 35weeks and we all know scan is faster than doc cal.
pls I want to know is its scan test dey do for them on turkish or normal routine test
thank.need reply asap
Check the pregnancy policy on their site. It is clear and understandable. Who can issue the letter, when it is required, period within which it must be written and what to be stated on the letter can be found there. Check it yourself to ensure you do not miss anything.
BTW the calculation is to confirm that you are not expected to give birth 4 weeks from the flight date.
No port screening was done for my DW

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biolarh: 8:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
borryworld:
Check the pregnancy policy on their site. It is clear and understandable. Who can issue the letter, when it is required, period within which it must be written and what to be stated on the letter can be found there. Check it yourself to ensure you do not miss anything.
BTW the calculation is to confirm that you are not expected to give birth 4 weeks from the flight date.
No port screening was done for my DW

tnx sir,av read and done all wot I read on the Internet just that I heard I was going to do another test at the air port,so just want to be sure if scan or normal routine test or test won't be conducted at all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
ayabemm16:

Congrats to u. Pls do u mind sharing ur transcript. Thanks
Thank you but it's a bit lengthy. Anyway, here it goes ..... After I was denied 3 weeks ago, became active on here and posted my story and was advised here to reapply with hubby, but if hubby wouldn't be around, I should just be more confident and elaborate on my answers. So, I scoped hubby to apply with me this time around, cos he's the sponsor and he has better travel history. Then on Thursday,we left home around 4:40a.m to avoid the traffic, branched at his office to print his pay slips (cos I insisted,eventhough, he said it was not necessary but he had to please me) and we got to the embassy before 6a.m.
Alot happened that morning and we were eventually called in for the interview at about 8:30a.m, while on the queue I sighted the V.O that interviewed me previously, (window 5) with her friend in window 4, chai I just showed hubby and told him we were not going to Windows 2, 4 and 5, that they were mean cos they have started giving the blue slips again,lol. Hubby was just laughing that 'ko mean ' that it's how you present your case,I said 'story' that we were sha not going. He said okay.
Then I noticed the funky V.O (quite young) was nicer and I noticed same thing about him the last time too, he was patient and more interactive, interviewed like 5 people and gave 4 of them white paper, so I told boo it's either this cute guy in window 6 or the older woman in window 7. He said why not window 3, that had an older man that looked korean, I said he looked strict and he would probably drill us hard that we shouldn't go, and at that point, hubby was tired, he said 'you know what, we are going to anyone we fall into'.
As I was still trying to convince him, that's how the security guard coordinating the queue just saw me and said 'mama twins,I can't allow you to stand for long o, you and baba twins should come to this window, I looked up and it was window 3,the 'korean' man, oh my God!. I just told the guard I was fine, no need to rush, that we will wait for our turn, she said No, she's insisting, my hubby was like no P cos he was embarrassed already. So, we filed behind the next line, I now told hubby that I was going to d toilet thinking by the time I'd be back, he would be interviewing someone else and I will just use scope drag hubby to Windows 7 or 8.
So, off I went to the toilet, I started praying, then the spirit said 'why are you bothered about who interviews you? Don't you believe in your God again? Don't you know He will favour you?' At that point, I just started hearing hubby' s voice describing my job duties, I peeped small and I saw d Korean man has started interviewing my husband. I just rushed outside and went to stand beside him and I was surprised the atmosphere was very calm,no tension. Then he looked at me and started my interview:
V.O: Good morning ma
Me: Good morning sir (smiles)
V.O: why do you want to go to the U.S?
Me: Childbirth
V.O: what do you do ma?
Me: I am a Pharmacist
V.O: Do you work in a pharmacy or as a pharmacist?
Me: sorry, can you repeat ur question?
V.O: Do you work in a pharmacy or as a pharmacist?
Me: I am a pharmacist, a community pharmacist to be specific, was formerly working with the teaching hospital as a clinical pharmacist but (hubby pinched me) So I kept quiet
V.O: What does your husband do?
Me: *smiles* then told him the company he works for and his position at work
V.O: where are you going in the U.S
Me: Duluth, Georgia
V.O: I can see you were refused not too long ago
Me: yes sir
V.O: *types for about 10 seconds* Congratulations, your visas have been approved....
Us: Thanks
And that was it, my observation was , as I got to know here, the interview is actually 70% of what you filled in your DS 160 form, then 30% oral and composure, because my former DS 160 form I only 'briefly described' my duties, didn't specify I was a pharmacist, only gave the job descriptions and I guess that's why he asked if I was working in a pharmacy or I was actually a pharmacist. This time around, I specified my job and went further to describe my duties elaborately not withholding any pharmaceutical term that is seem fit in the scenario inside d DS160
Secondly, for My reasons for refusal, said i do not know but I however went ahead to justify my social,financial and economic ties according to what I learnt from @May2017
Thirdly, when re-applying, please try not to deviate from your background story, though be more elaborate but do not lie. Just speak the truth and fill your form yourself, that way, you have more confidence cos you know what you filled, how to defend yourself and also don't hold any relevant information back because you think have documents to support ur claims. That's error o, go along with your documents but never rely on them to save the day because most times they do not ask at all. Made this mistake in my first interview, was not elaborate Cos I thought I had docs to back me up.
Hubby said the V.O (he doesn't like me calling him Korean, hubby said he's full American) was just very nice to him cos before I came out of the toilet, he already asked him questions and immediately he mentioned d company he works for, the man recognized it, read hubby's form (which was like a C.V anyways) and was quite impressed by his resumé (speaks 7 other languages apart from English and has served in d army before) So, I guess he loved that and everything still bounces back to 'fill it D'S 160 as if you are going for a job interview, give them ur best on the paper and wish you best of luck.
Fourthly,It was God's favor. Cos we could have gone to window 7 or 8 and still be denied, I've seen the Korean man deny one or two people before, so pray hard and the Lord will go with you. Abeg, ignore all blunders

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by thermolady: 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
tbash16:
Good evening, pls is there a need for a notarized form for BC collection? I tot it's only needed for passport when hubby isn't around.would like to know pls

You are indeed right; you need the notarised form for baby's US passport application, not BC collection, it's just that since both Passport Office & Records Office are close to each other in Elpaso, you might as well take the form along with you when collecting the Birth Certificate and apply the same day for the US passport after collecting the BC. If you're able to supply baby's SSN along with the application, the passport will be ready for you to pickup 3 days later.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Thinktay: 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
URGENT PLEASE!!!
Greetings everyone. Great minds are here indeed.

Please I have few questions and guide.

We have been corresponding with a family care maternity center in Dallas for delivery in October, and they issued us acceptance letter today, please do we still need any other letter from anyone?

And also is it advisable both us book an appointment with the embassy same time or my wife should go first?

Please I look forward to you guys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
justwise:

I have read many stories like that here and many people here arguing against it are doing so because the issue was brought by TWoods (their common enemy), not because they truly believed that letter of change of intent worth anything when you lied during visa interview
kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MissG(f): 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
biolarh:

tnx sir,av read and done all wot I read on the Internet just that I heard I was going to do another test at the air port,so just want to be sure if scan or normal routine test or test won't be conducted at all

The tests carried out at the port health in Lagos and Abuja are, your weight, your bp and sometimes a measuring tape to measure your tummy. They also ask for your LMP.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamanicole: 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dhollargurl:

Congratulations,pls how did u justify your social, financial n economic ties pls cause I have no clue on what to write as the reason why I was refused n will also want to justify mine.Pls can I pm you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
mamanicole:

Congratulations,pls how did u justify your social, financial n economic ties pls cause I have no clue on what to write as the reason why I was refused n will also want to justify mine.Pls can I pm you?
Yes, u can
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tbash16: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ok, thanks
thermolady:

You are indeed right; you need the notarised form for baby's US passport application, not BC collection, it's just that since both Passport Office & Records Office are close to each other in Elpaso, you might as well take the form along with you when collecting the Birth Certificate and apply the same day for the US passport after collecting the BC. If you're able to supply baby's SSN along with the application, the passport will be ready for you to pickup 3 days later.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BRENDAMAGALI: 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hello I would like to know if some mom recently gave birth with doctoresparati, my due date is in December and I am planning to go with them as they are cheap but if someone with the experience with them could help me with some questions I really appreciate it.

* Do they are real? I mean they are not a fraud, I don't read many experiences abou them and to me sounds suspicious. If some mom has gone with them could you please send to me your contact information in order to clarify my doubts"?

* Is it real that the amount they post in the website is what you pay at the end?

* I woul also like to know if someone has information or has given birth in Laredo,Texas, that would be my second option.

Thanks for reading me, in December I lost a baby and this is my second opportunity so I am very exciting and praying for having this baby healthy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 4:01am On Jun 11, 2017
Congrats
Dhollargurl:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fasttrack(m): 6:00am On Jun 11, 2017
justwise:

Please tell madam to go for vacation as stated to avoid embarrassment at POE, notifying the embassy used to have some values not anymore as it has been abused. She has to face some tough questions at POE and more likely to be deported

Just wise, we apparently didn't notify the Embassy of any change in plans, she just carried enough cash and told them at POE that she was going for both child birth and vacation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:49am On Jun 11, 2017
fasttrack:

Just wise, we apparently didn't notify the Embassy of any change in plans, she just carried enough cash and told them at POE that she was going for both child birth and vacation.

You don't sound too sure grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:35am On Jun 11, 2017
BRENDAMAGALI:
Hello I would like to know if some mom recently gave birth with doctoresparati, my due date is in December and I am planning to go with them as they are cheap but if someone with the experience with them could help me with some questions I really appreciate it.

* Do they are real? I mean they are not a fraud, I don't read many experiences abou them and to me sounds suspicious. If some mom has gone with them could you please send to me your contact information in order to clarify my doubts"?

* Is it real that the amount they post in the website is what you pay at the end?

* I woul also like to know if someone has information or has given birth in Laredo,Texas, that would be my second option.

Thanks for reading me, in December I lost a baby and this is my second opportunity so I am very exciting and praying for having this baby healthy.

Cc: if you read this thread properly, you won't have issues doubting doctoresparati.

If you ask me they are the easiest way to handle this USA childbirth from start to finish without headache.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:36am On Jun 11, 2017
fasttrack:

Renewal is waiting for you.

Read up recent experiences

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Og3chukwu: 8:38am On Jun 11, 2017
desoul:
missionary journey concluded...I shared DW POE experience,I notified my E family when our LO arrived..now the breakdown of everything.
virginal delivery.
hospital.. Medical Center of McKinney Texas
hospital fee..2500$
doctors fee...2000$
test and others..1000$
did not use epidural as the baby came within an Hour.
did US passport in two days 165$
successfully used the visa on arrival, got approval from immigration HQ abuja,scanned it to DW and she printed..infant ticket on emirate 74$...the journey was long but we give God the glory for safe trip..Emirate did not come to abuja,so she landed at MMIA lagos..paid the visa on arrival fee of 200$..booked air peace to abuja.Thank you guys for always being there...I really appreciate her host, you are such an amazing father.God bless you, to my darling wife,even when I was not there you made the right decision at the right times.my love for you just increased *kisses...am going to take legal action against Emirates for dropping her at Lagos and not providing connecting flight to abuja..second missionary journey preparation loading..nairalanders you guys rock!!!!

Hello, please i just sent you a PM,Kindly reply i need to ask a couple of questions, my email is gegenwigwe@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
Colouredgirl:
Congrats
Thanks alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.