Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975800 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kenniei: 11:49am On Jun 27, 2017
Good morning house, am filing my DS form right now,l and I need a clarification, please where/do I fill as my point of contact in US? Is it the hospital I will be delivering in or my uncle's place where I will Stay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kenniei:
Good morning house, am filing my DS form right now,l and I need a clarification, please where/do I fill as my point of contact in US? Is it the hospital I will be delivering in or my uncle's place where I will Stay?

Fill in the Hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kenniei:
Good morning house, am filing my DS form right now,l and I need a clarification, please where/do I fill as my point of contact in US? Is it the hospital I will be delivering in or my uncle's iplace where I will Stay?

Your uncle's place

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
@Kennei

In my opinion. Use the doctor as contact person that's if you have an appointment letter from the doctor. Then as per address you can use your uncle's place as long as hes a legal resident and you have a letter of invitation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kenniei: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
Am confused more than ever now... please help
urblackpearl:

Your uncle's place
customised87:

Fill in the Hospital

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello All,

Did anyone fly emirates recently back from the US. I am getting conflicting info from the different emirate office about "extra weight".
The local call center here states that my wife can purchase additional 9kg extra weight to take her current 23kg baggage weight to a maximum of 32kg at a $50 fee. The US emirate contact center however are singing a different tune by saying she cannot go beyond her 23kg and she would need to purchase an extra baggage at $175 which can be discounted if purchased online. I assume both calls were picked from thier centralized contact center in india so I dont understand why the discrepancy in information

Dont know which is which so anyone who flew them with "extra weight" not "excess luggage" should be weigh in
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OmoBendel24: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kenniei:
Am confused more than ever now... please help

Both correct, but using the hospital spells out your purpose of travel much more clearly and is much more advisable to use too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kenniei: 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
doreese:
@Kennei

In my opinion. Use the doctor as contact person that's if you have an appointment letter from the doctor. Then as per address you can use your uncle's place as long as hes a legal resident and you have a letter of invitation.

Thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kenniei: 4:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Both correct, but using the hospital spells out your purpose of travel much more clearly and is much more advisable to use too.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
I used Emirates. My inbound journey to Lagos from Houston, i had excess luggage. You are entitled to 2 bags nt weighing more than 23kg. But if the bags re overweight i.e. weigh more than 23kg, u'll pay $50 per overwighed bag and dat over-weighed bag can be as heavy as 32kg max.

My understanding of extra luggage is that asides from d 2 bags of 23kg, if u want to carry more bags, u can purchase additional bag at $175 per extra bag.

Hope its helpful.

PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,

Did anyone fly emirates recently back from the US. I am getting conflicting info from the different emirate office about "extra weight".
The local call center here states that my wife can purchase additional 9kg extra weight to take her current 23kg baggage weight to a maximum of 32kg at a $50 fee. The US emirate contact center however are singing a different tune by saying she cannot go beyond her 23kg and she would need to purchase an extra baggage at $175 which can be discounted if purchased online. I assume both calls were picked from thier centralized contact center in india so I dont understand why the discrepancy in information

Dont know which is which so anyone who flew them with "extra weight" not "excess luggage" should be weigh in

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello friends! !!

please i need y'all assistance here have tried searching online so I can know the policy between arik and airpeace for pregnant women MAY so I can book my domestic flight.

please who has any info at hand should assist.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bookmytravel1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
Good evening all and happy holiday. I pray all our heart desire comes to pass.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by pertruchi: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hello house,pls am new here.Pls hubby and I re going to US embassy for interview by next month.Am planning to give birth there but am just 2months gone.The plan is that my uncle will send birthday invitation to both of us and the party is August. Which means I will have to travel by August if granted. And my husband will join me by Dec.Pls hope this plan will work out and what are the documents to take along.We are planning to go to Abuja embassy.Pls I need response.........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
Kenniei:

Since you are applying for the medical category,I think you should fill ur Dr/Hospital cos that's your primary aim in the US and as someone else suggested,Dre is another place where u can fill your uncle's address. I think the address of where you would be staying

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
pertruchi:
Hello house,pls am new here.Pls hubby and I re going to US embassy for interview by next month.Am planning to give birth there but am just 2months gone.The plan is that my uncle will send birthday invitation to both of us and the party is August. Which means I will have to travel by August if granted. And my husband will join me by Dec.Pls hope this plan will work out and what are the documents to take along.We are planning to go to Abuja embassy.Pls I need response.........
Are you planning to lie you are only traveling for your uncle's birthday and not pregnancy?

If yes, good luck with that!

..if no, read this thread with a jotting pad and pen and you would get all the necessary info you would need to get a visa to go to child birth in the abroad.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
pertruchi:

Get the invitation but also get your Dr/Hospital Correspondence to take to the interview plus your statement of account and work related documents. Then you will have to tell them you will be staying behind after the birthday to give birth.
The problem there may lie in your job,you may have to do some convincing as to how you will leave your job in Nigeria for that long...but then,who knows maybe you are a homemaker.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by pertruchi: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
customised87:

Get the invitation but also get your Dr/Hospital Correspondence to take to the interview plus your statement of account and work related documents. Then you will have to tell them you will be staying behind after the birthday to give birth.
The problem there may lie in your job,you may have to do some convincing as to how you will leave your job in Nigeria for that long...but then,who knows maybe you are a homemaker.

Am self employed. Pls What if I was granted the Visa and I did not make use of it for the purpose. Can I still use it anytime am ready to travel for the purpose of giving birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
If your plan is to give birth, please disclose this upfront, with enough evidence of your ability to pay. It will save you unnecessary hassles in future.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
pertruchi:

Am self employed. Pls What if I was granted the Visa and I did not make use of it for the purpose. Can I still use it anytime am ready to travel for the purpose of giving birth?

Do you mean, what if you were granted the visa after you told the VO that u will be going for a bday and also be birthing,you now do not go for the birthday in August but you travel to birth in Dec?
That would pose no problems.
The most important thing is to declare your birthing intentions whenever u go for your interview or u may have issues at the POE and also at you visa renewal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
@petruchi

I think getting a medical visa is advisable that's if you haven't already applied. It saves you a lot of stress at pie. And if you already have applied, you can state it at your interview that you'll be giving birth later.

Cos if by what you say you are 2 months gone, it means ull be spending roughly 5 months in the US and this will raise a flag at your visa renewal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
debby516:
I used Emirates. My inbound journey to Lagos from Houston, i had excess luggage. You are entitled to 2 bags nt weighing more than 23kg. But if the bags re overweight i.e. weigh more than 23kg, u'll pay $50 per overwighed bag and dat over-weighed bag can be as heavy as 32kg max.

My understanding of extra luggage is that asides from d 2 bags of 23kg, if u want to carry more bags, u can purchase additional bag at $175 per extra bag.

Hope its helpful.

Thanks Debby,Your explanation is exactly how I understand it to be but for the emirates staff saying otherwise thats why I wanted to know if any had overweight and had to pay for the US - DUBAI - LAGOS fligth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
pertruchi:
I would advise you read through, so u dont make the same mistake many fell into
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
pertruchi:

From your exertions, your main intention is to go and give birth there which is not illegal. So be upfront about this if you have no intention of going for the 'these'. If you state that your intention is to go for the birthday and then you then want to change to go and give birth, then you open yourself to insecurities in the future either at the POE or when you want to renew.

We believe in stating the truth here, and if your aim is to get someone to encourage you to lie at your interview, well you've come to the wrong forum. Plus, VO's read this thread and you've showed your hand already!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biolarh: 12:30am On Jun 28, 2017
[quote author=Babatwi post=57871921]

1) I don't think there is anywhere in the ds160 form where he has to indicate if he has paid bills or not,but he can take the receipt with him when going for interview as part of his supporting documents,in addition to your Dr & hospital correspondence,photo copy of your data and visa page etc
2) If asked why he is going to the US,the answer is simple " to bring my wife and baby home"[/quote

pls will they know at the embassy that have delivered]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biolarh: 1:07am On Jun 28, 2017
[quote author=Babatwi post=57871921]

1) I don't think there is anywhere in the ds160 form where he has to indicate if he has paid bills or not,but he can take the receipt with him when going for interview as part of his supporting documents,in addition to your Dr & hospital correspondence,photo copy of your data and visa page etc
2) If asked why he is going to the US,the answer is simple " to bring my wife and baby home"[/quote

pls will they know at the embassy that have delivered]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JMarines: 2:03am On Jun 28, 2017
Mandex11:
Hello friends! !!

please i need y'all assistance here have tried searching online so I can know the policy between arik and airpeace for pregnant women MAY so I can book my domestic flight.

please who has any info at hand should assist.

Hello Mandex11,
I had challenges with these airlines inasmuch as I did thorough research as well as visited the airline desk offices prior to travel day. Although I was 31 weeks plus gone, Arik Air staff told me they would fly me at 32 weeks as I was due to travel few days later. However, Air Peace staff said their policy states 31 weeks but since I didn't have an obvious belly, I should use Port Health for certification before flying.
I should have opted for Arik, but the airline only flies on specific days and so I had to settle for Air Peace. Mehn, armed with my Doctor's report and cleared by the ground Staff, that's how the flight attendant refused me to fly. The flight was delayed for another 30 minutes because of me. The attendant found out it wasn't specified on my Sealed fit to fly, my gestation age.
I brought out my medical records as well as fit to fly I used a month before, but the attendant refused to look at them saying it was expired.
The Pilot even asked him to waive it for me.
I was eventually given a form to fill should anything happen to me, which I did.

Note:
I was informed by the flight attendant that Air Peace flies pregnant women at 33 weeks. Just ensure you/your wife's fit to fly contains ALL vital piece of information(gestation age, that you are fit to fly, etc.)

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2017
@JMarines thanks dear for the info was actually opting for arik but they don't fly the day i choose and they just resumed.

well will try the second option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flowers: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2017
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,
dont understand why the discrepancy in information

The $50 is for extra weight beyond 23kg but once it's up to 32kg it's considered to be excessive luggage so you will pay $175 at the airport or about $160 if you book online.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by showstopa: 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
JMarines:

Hello Mandex11,
I had challenges with these airlines inasmuch as I did thorough research as well as visited the airline desk offices prior to travel day. Although I was 31 weeks plus gone, Arik Air staff told me they would fly me at 32 weeks as I was due to travel few days later. However, Air Peace staff said their policy states 31 weeks but since I didn't have an obvious belly, I should use Port Health for certification before flying.
I should have opted for Arik, but the airline only flies on specific days and so I had to settle for Air Peace. Mehn, armed with my Doctor's report and cleared by the ground Staff, that's how the flight attendant refused me to fly. The flight was delayed for another 30 minutes because of me. The attendant found out it wasn't specified on my Sealed fit to fly, my gestation age.
I brought out my medical records as well as fit to fly I used a month before, but the attendant refused to look at them saying it was expired.
The Pilot even asked him to waive it for me.
I was eventually given a form to fill should anything happen to me, which I did.

Note:
I was informed by the flight attendant that Air Peace flies pregnant women at 33 weeks. Just ensure you/your wife's fit to fly contains ALL vital piece of information(gestation age, that you are fit to fly, etc.)

Stupid folks. i don't understand the rational of not looking at an expired fit to fly. Didthey think the pregnancy expired with that one also. If all they wanted was to see gestational age.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ossy18: 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
@baeboss pls I just sent you a request I need to ask you a few questions. Thanks

Hi everyone. Here is my visa application story/Poe story. I'm grateful to God Almighty for everything. Got my visa ending of January 2017. Applied for B2. Interview took place in abj. Went with all my documents but no single document was requested for.
The female visa officer asked what I was going to do in the US and I told her that i was pregnant and I intend to take my maternity leave and go give birth in the US then quickly come back and resume work. She asked me what i do for a living and I told her I'm a lawyer and i work for xxxxxx company. I even went further to explain in details, my duties/roles and all other services i provide. To confirm if i was truly a lawyer, she asked about my most recent interesting case in court. Also asked what my husband does for a living. Told her a writer for xxxxx company in the US so She asked if he was based in the US and i said no, he is based in Nigeria because he covers stories in the West African region. She asked for my EDD and how long I intend to stay in the US. I told her 8 weeks but was hoping that I will deliver before my EDD so that I could quickly come back to Nigeria. She further asked how much the child birthing will cost and how much i have of which i told her about $13,000- $14,000 for child birth and xxxxxx amount of money on me. She asked if this is my 1st pregnancy and i said yes with a smile on my face. Her last question was if the pregnancy has any complications and i quickly said no and that since its my 1st I just want what is best for the child and while i was saying all that, she was already handing over the white paper to me. Her last words to me "YOUR VISA HAS BEEN GRANTED, YOU HAVE BEEN TRUTHFUL TO ME SO BE TRUTHFUL AT THE POE." By God's grace I spoke with confidence all through the interview and I was audible. Most importantly I prayed to the Holy Spirit to speak through me and also be with the person who will interview me. Got my Emirates tickets for Dallas and then United airlines for Houston. Flew Emirates at 34+weeks. Submited medif form to the email addy but still Used a fit to fly letter from teaching hospital. Spent a night in dubai. Dubai visa and hotel accommodation covered by emirates. Landed in Dallas around 10am. The airport DFW was empty so no queue. Tried to use the self service machine but my passport was not scanning so was asked to meet the CBP officer. I did not spend up to 2 minutes. The officer asked me where i was going to in the US and what i was planning to do and i said Houston and that I'm on maternity leave so i intend to rest and give birth. He asked how long i intend to stay and I said 8 weeks and he stamped me in for 6 months. No single documents was asked for again. (Even tho i had paid my doctor's fee and accomodation) Went to carry my luggage then met the 2nd CBP officer who asked me where I was going, i said Houston. He said asked how much I have on me and i told him xxxxx amount. He said i can see that you are pregnant and i smiled and said yes. He asked if i have any family in the US and i said no. He asked if I have made arrangements for accommodation and i said yes and paid for and made gesture to show him the accommodation receipt but he waved and said I can go. Took a shuttle to terminal E to board United airlines to Houston. Arrived Houston 40mins later and waited for my host (precious cedars) to come pick me up. Using Dr Dama Ziworitin a.k.a Dr Z and i have already had my 1st appointment with him. After which i went to register with Oakbend. Oakbend honoured their old price after i showed them the correspondence I was given by Dr Z when I first contacted him. To God be the Glory! Special tnx to my amazing friend @DiObyyy (babygirl you are one in a million. I love you) and all other ladies who responded when i reached out to them in the course of my research.[/quote]

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.