Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975782 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
@maidez, Just write a normal formal letter stating what you want! I don't get all these requests for format for writing letters!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrbyde: 9:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
hello house,

please i am looking for someone who is willing to share an apartment in cook county chicago. period between mid - august to october.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsdoctor007: 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
Long Post!!!

Thanks to everyone who has made this forum educative, I discovered this forum 1 week ago, and I have learnt a lot, read thru from page 1. I have seen my wrongs and I have started making remedies to right them.

I need help with advise for the rest. Thanks in anticipation

I got my 1st us visa in 2013 b1b2 travelled twice with it before it expires.
I renewed via Dropbox in 2015, 2 weeks to my wedding thought I will go on honey moon with my husband but we decided to go to Dubai.
In March I got pregnant we decided to have our in the US
I didn't send any letter of intent as I only found out abt it on this forum abt a week ago. My POE was fine, was only told that I had to keep all my receipt. I had my LO in Maryland Bill was high paid 70% cash and was out on a payment plan. Was sending my brother who is in d US the monthly money but he stopped paying so I haven't completed my payment plan. Though after discovering this forum I'm making arrangements to sort it all out this week and get my zero balance and letter of non indebtedness as I learnt from this forum.

I tried to renew my visa again via Dropbox but was given a 221g form saying I should come for interview which is abt 3 weeks away. I applied again for b1b2 for vacation but I'm abt 3months pregnant and said my sponsor is my father though I intend to take my personal bank statement with me.

Which made me worried and I need advise though I have learnt a lot from this forum.

1. Now that I just learnt it's not advisable to lie how do I change the b1b2 visa to just b2 or do I stick with vacation and tell VO that am also pregnant and will later go for childbirth even though I have no plans to travel until time of delivery.

2. Do I need to get a doctor/hospital correspondence even though I will be 4 months at time of interview and my form says in going on vacation?

3. Is it right for my father to sponsor my trip when I'm married and not my husband? I haven't done change of name on my passport just wanted it to expire before I change my name.

4. Will the fact that I settled my bills and get zero balance 3 weeks to my interview affect me?.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 9:33am On Jul 17, 2017
Hello house pls I need urgent advice. My DH was suppose to notize the DS 3053 form today but there was a mistake and he was asked to book another appointment in August which is too late for us. Can he notarize the form any where else apart from the embassy or can he just sign and send it to me. Pls advice me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2017
Please where else can one notarise the ds 3053 consent forms apart from the us embassy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 9:56am On Jul 17, 2017
it varies what do they need where u at. did they specify it should be done in the embassy. if no notarize else where.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2017
dupe007:
Hello house pls I need urgent advice. My DH was suppose to notize the DS 3053 form today but there was a mistake and he was asked to book another appointment in August which is too late for us. Can he notarize the form any where else apart from the embassy or can he just sign and send it to me. Pls advice me
what is the mistake? could he not print another form? and no, he can only notarise in the US embassy for American births. which embassy office was this- Abuja or Lagos? He can any other location if this would help. I know Lagos used to be walk in for some particular days, can't remember now which days.

Has your baby arrived yet? This will help determine if you can extend your return date or not. Remember the passport is the most document of this trip, its best to do it right. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 10:02am On Jul 17, 2017
p0
Mrsdoctor007:
Long Post!!!

Thanks to everyone who has made this forum educative, I discovered this forum 1 week ago, and I have learnt a lot, read thru from page 1. I have seen my wrongs and I have started making remedies to right them.

I renewed via Dropbox in 2015, 2 weeks to my wedding thought I will go on honey moon with my husband but we decided to go to Dubai.
I didn't send any letter of intent as I only found out abt it on this forum abt a week ago. My POE was fine, was only told that I had to keep all my receipt. I had my LO in Maryland Bill was high paid 70% cash and was out on a payment plan. Was sending my brother who is in d US the monthly money but he stopped paying so I haven't completed my payment plan. Though after discovering this forum I'm making arrangements to sort it all out this week and get my zero balance and letter of non indebtedness as I learnt from this forum.

I tried to renew my visa again via Dropbox but was given a 221g form saying I should come for interview which is abt 3 weeks away. I applied again for b1b2 for vacation but I'm abt 3months pregnant and said my sponsor is my father though I intend to take my personal bank statement with me.

Which made me worried and I need advise though I have learnt a lot from this forum.

1. Now that I just learnt it's not advisable to lie how do I change the b1b2 visa to just[b] b2[/b] or do I stick with vacation and tell VO that am also pregnant and will later go for childbirth even though I have no plans to travel until time of delivery

2. Do I need to get a doctor/hospital correspondence even though I will be 4 months at time of interview and my form says in going on vacation?

3. Is it right for my father to sponsor my trip when I'm married and not my husband? I haven't done change of name on my passport just wanted it to expire before I change my name.

4. Will the fact that I settled my bills and get zero balance 3 weeks to my interview affect me?.

how much do you owe and for how long
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 10:09am On Jul 17, 2017
They didn't specify I take it to the embassy.
inizo:
it varies what do they need where u at. did they specify it should be done in the embassy. if no notarize else where.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 10:12am On Jul 17, 2017
Yes baby has arrived . Someone just told me her dh didn't go to the embassy, but did it in front of a lawyer.
mamacajah:

what is the mistake? could he not print another form? and no, he can only notarise in the US embassy for American births. which embassy office was this- Abuja or Lagos? He can any other location if this would help. I know Lagos used to be walk in for some particular days, can't remember now which days.

Has your baby arrived yet? This will help determine if you can extend your return date or not. Remember the passport is the most document of this trip, its best to do it right. wink

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 10:17am On Jul 17, 2017
Mrsdoctor007:
Long Post!!!

1. Now that I just learnt it's not advisable to lie how do I change the b1b2 visa to just b2 or do I stick with vacation and tell VO that am also pregnant and will later go for childbirth even though I have no plans to travel until time of delivery. As you have a booked appointment, its too late to change the form. b1/b2 also covers for birthing, so yes, please inform the vO that you are pregnant, intend to use the visa for birthing and will pay all your bills

2. Do I need to get a doctor/hospital correspondence even though I will be 4 months at time of interview and my form says in going on vacation? It's better to get a hospital correspondence. You just need to contact any hospital, get a breakdown of all the relevant fees -doctor, hospital, pediatrician, etc and use it to build a budget plan. Armed with these documents, will show the VO that you are prepared for the trip

3. Is it right for my father to sponsor my trip when I'm married and not my husband? I haven't done change of name on my passport just wanted it to expire before I change my name.There's nothing wrong with it, just need to convince the VO why your father and not your husband is footing the bill. So it would be good if you have some money as well in your account to support the journey expenses.

4. Will the fact that I settled my bills and get zero balance 3 weeks to my interview affect me?. As long as you are not owing by the time you go for the interview, its fine. Even its a payment plan you have, its still okay. Its when you absconded and didn't pay your bills or used medicaid or collected WIC items -free milk and diapers from the WIC program that you would have an issue.

See remarks in bold.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 11:58am On Jul 17, 2017
dupe007:
Yes baby has arrived . Someone just told me her dh didn't go to the embassy, but did it in front of a lawyer.

Please ensure you get the facts straight. Which location are you right now? Do they accept any notarised document or only the ones from US embassy. If yes to any notarised document, then your husband must look for a notary public to do it, not just any lawyer. I didn't notarise, so can't advise you of one to use. Maybe other gurus can do so. Please indicate your hubby's location so that people can offer suitable solutions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hello house,

Please I need help. I was in the process of applying for a visa for my mom. Unfortunately I fell ill asked dh to assist as i wanted everything sorted before my travel. While filling the form, I think Dh used a wrong email address I.e he omitted some letters and now he can't remember the password. We tried doing a password reset but I wasn't getting the link for the reset. So I tried scheduling her interview using the correct email only to get a notification that user personal details match that on another user email. It was only then I realised that dh had filled the wrong email. I have sent series of mails to the email on the feedback column but no response.

Please @justwise @nerf @Babatwi and other veterans please I urgently need advise on how to proceed as the earliest interview dates am seeing is Aug 29 and this is really close to my travel date.

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abujaniv: 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hello Mrsdoctor007 -

You are absolutely correct, it is not advisable to lie to the VO. As a matter of practice, we don't really issue B1 or B2 alone, but rather we issue a combined B1/B2 for all applicants who apply for either of those. Medical tourism is legal in the US on a B1/B2 visa. It is important that the VO document in your case that you disclosed an intent to have a baby in the US so that when you get to the Port of Entry that is in the file. To qualify for a B1/B2 for medical tourism, you need to demonstrate ties to Nigeria just as with any other tourist visa, plus you need to demonstrate a bona fide relationship with a medical provider in the US and the ability to pay for the treatment. How you choose to demonstrate those facts to the VO is up to you, as I am not permitted to give specific advice about how to handle an interview in any individual case. In general, if there is anything about your situation that is out-of-the-ordinary, you should be prepared to explain the situation to the VO. Above all, tell the truth. If it is determined that you have misrepresented facts in order to obtain a visa you would not qualify for, that can result in a lifetime ineligibility.

Mrsdoctor007:
Long Post!!!

1. Now that I just learnt it's not advisable to lie how do I change the b1b2 visa to just b2 or do I stick with vacation and tell VO that am also pregnant and will later go for childbirth even though I have no plans to travel until time of delivery.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hi @jesufifunmi am trying to reply but the mail keep bouncing back
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
dupe007:
Hi @jesufifunmi am trying to reply but the mail keep bouncing back
send directly to jesufifunmi@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
You can fill another form with the correct /new details and use that to secure an interview.

doreese:
Hello house,

Please I need help. I was in the process of applying for a visa for my mom. Unfortunately I fell ill asked dh to assist as i wanted everything sorted before my travel. While filling the form, I think Dh used a wrong email address I.e he omitted some letters and now he can't remember the password. We tried doing a password reset but I wasn't getting the link for the reset. So I tried scheduling her interview using the correct email only to get a notification that user personal details match that on another user email. It was only then I realised that dh had filled the wrong email. I have sent series of mails to the email on the feedback column but no response.

Please @justwise @nerf @Babatwi and other veterans please I urgently need advise on how to proceed as the earliest interview dates am seeing is Aug 29 and this is really close to my travel date.

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idebube: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Mrsdoctor007 -

You are absolutely correct, it is not advisable to lie to the VO. As a matter of practice, we don't really issue B1 or B2 alone, but rather we issue a combined B1/B2 for all applicants who apply for either of those. Medical tourism is legal in the US on a B1/B2 visa. It is important that the VO document in your case that you disclosed an intent to have a baby in the US so that when you get to the Port of Entry that is in the file. To qualify for a B1/B2 for medical tourism, you need to demonstrate ties to Nigeria just as with any other tourist visa, plus you need to demonstrate a bona fide relationship with a medical provider in the US and the ability to pay for the treatment. How you choose to demonstrate those facts to the VO is up to you, as I am not permitted to give specific advice about how to handle an interview in any individual case. In general, if there is anything about your situation that is out-of-the-ordinary, you should be prepared to explain the situation to the VO. Above all, tell the truth. If it is determined that you have misrepresented facts in order to obtain a visa you would not qualify for, that can result in a lifetime ineligibility.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jordie: 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
You can place a call to the embassy and explain your situation. I had an issue close to yours and I had to call them directly.

uote author=doreese post=58542750]Hello house,

Thanks in advance [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by eyiye(f): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
oh ok

alabizzzz:
I am talking about when you go for Visa interview at the american embassy in the UK and the VO ask her why can't you give birth here not at the point of entry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hello house, please help. I'm still waiting for a response, I'm new here. I need info on any cost saving hospital in Atlanta Georgia to give birth. Please kindly reply. Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
Please! Where can you keep your toddler child when you are in the hospital for delivery. I'm traveling with my toddler son. Please i need your advise ugently!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by maideyz: 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dwebb55:
@maidez, Just write a normal formal letter stating what you want! I don't get all these requests for format for writing letters!

Thank you for your response.
M sorry for the confusion, I ve sent the mail to the email address advised.i however got response that states received.is that enough to print as visa or I should still expect another response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
veegurl:
Please! Where can you keep your toddler child when you are in the hospital for delivery. I'm traveling with my toddler son. Please i need your advise ugently!

If you stay in an accommodation with other Nigerian mums,you can liase with one of them to keep your child while you are away.
If you are a xtian,u can also speak with the pastorate of the church you worship at, if they can be of any help,probably by linking you up with some mums in the church that can keep your child.
You can also look for a daycare around your accommodation where he can stay while you are away.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hi house, please those that have used DHL to send there consent form. How many days did it take?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bamigee: 10:34pm On Jul 17, 2017
nefertitiram:

Maybe they will give them empty booklet to take to the Nigerian embassy *laughing in Yiddish*

Hello. Shawlar. Can you please send me Tanko's number. I am following now

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.