Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978423 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by peace004: 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
Chijiuche:

For No 2 & 3. I dont have any contact for West houston but you can as well check out for Oakbend hospital and compare bth. I am FTM 15 weeks gone too and plan using oakbend hospital ..Dr Fagbohun. You can check his review out too

@Chijiuche..
Thanks very much for your reply and concern,This is good as we are on the same lane so we can plan ahead on other things after have gotten my visa, My plans for interview will be b4 ending of August.
Pls have you contacted the Oakbend hospital & Dr Fagbohun.? if yes pls PM his email contact & the specific hospital cos i have seen some Affiliations hospitals to it & not sure which is which..?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vans1: 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Any Houston bound mama this aug need to share apartment. Pm me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 2:09am On Jul 21, 2017
urblackpearl:

thanks for the response. what I heard is that those CBP at Doha can be very strict and difficult and they turn people back a lot from Doha

Yes, they may turn a person back if the person lied about the pregnancy to them and didn't fill the medif form. Apart from that,you are good to go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shandykool: 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
Hello House, please mamas in the house that have used any hospital in Massachusettes that is Family Friendly not necessarily Boston; I learnt that Boston is no go area.Say like Brockton, New Hampshire etc.I have PM some mamas in the house that have used some hospitals in Massachusettes, no reply from them.Pls help a sister in need.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayokunle07(m): 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2017
Good people of NL
My DW flew Qatar Airways at 34w4d and arrived Atlanta yesterday. The journey was long. The layover was about 9 hours and Qatar pulled an unfortunately ugly card. We had arranged their complimentary hotel from Lagos (they call it STPC, I have no idea what it means) and on the morning of the flight, we got the printed voucher. Only for her to get to Doha and they told her there was no more space in the hotel. She had to wait at the airport all through the night, not minding that she is a pregnant woman o. It was in the morning she was told to go sit at the Priority area. She said they gave them food though.
Fast forward to ATL, no fireworks. The CBP just asked her what she was there for and she told them to have her baby. Dazol! The man then told her to always carry her receipts. Not one document asked.
I will update the house when the rest of the missionary journey is complete.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by preshus17l: 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
Goodday house,

Does anyone know how to ge tax returns from Washington DC?

Do they collect it from the airport or somewhere else.

I kindly await your kind response.

Thank You.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Christine77: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
Please if it is a credit card he is using to pay, note that some airlines might request to see said credit card or want to speak to the owner. (This happened to my bro but outside naija so I dnt know)

iphiechuks:
Thanks Babatwi. Let me go ahead then.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayokunle07(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
For their flight to ATL, layover is about 9 hrs.
You must submit the MEDIF and med clearance forms not later then 72 hrs before the trip. Make sure it's approved before you show up at the airport to travel.
Arrange your accommodation at Doha (like 3 days before your trip) by calling their office 012798888. Not every ticket is eligible for this though.

urblackpearl:

Please help house. any one flown Qatar recently? reviews? and how many hours layover do they provide accommodation. tnx!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayokunle07(m): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2017
Congratulations! Can you help us with the cost breakdown for Piedmont?

Dhollargurl:
Hello everyone, so I gave birth to my cute little princess upper Wednesday (July 5) , thanks to people that have been sending their wishes. And I'm so sorry that I've not been replying mails, esp naija greatest and naija summary. Will reply asap. So far, B.C and SSN have been gotten, waiting for the notarized form from Naija to apply for her U.S passport. However, naija consulate in Atlanta seems to be having some kinda issue at the moment , which is making application for her naija passport impossible for now, I'm still waiting for them tho but if by first week in August it's d same, will have to do visa-on-arrival. Although, I don't know how that works or how long it takes, hoping someone will enlighten me. Thank you all and by the way, I used Piedmont Atlanta, awesome hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vamum: 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2017
shandykool:
Hello House, please mamas in the house that have used any hospital in Massachusettes that is Family Friendly not necessarily Boston; I learnt that Boston is no go area.Say like Brockton, New Hampshire etc.I have PM some mamas in the house that have used some hospitals in Massachusettes, no reply from them.Pls help a sister in need.Thanks

Do a google search of all hospitals in the Boston, NH and Rhode Island area and go through their price estimates pages.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ayokunle07:
You must submit the MEDIF and med clearance forms not later then 72 hrs before the trip. Make sure it's approved before you show up at the airport to travel.
Arrange your accommodation at Doha (like 3 days before your trip) by calling their office 012798888. Not every ticket is eligible for this though.

tnx!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ayokunle07:

Thank u. sorry your DW experience was stressful.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
Maybe they do, but she was not turned back. As long as you answer their questions right and honestly, you should be fine
urblackpearl:

thanks for the response. what I heard is that those CBP at Doha can be very strict and difficult and they turn people back a lot from Doha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamacajah: 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ayokunle07:
Good people of NL
My DW flew Qatar Airways at 34w4d and arrived Atlanta yesterday. The journey was long. The layover was about 9 hours and Qatar pulled an unfortunately ugly card. We had arranged their complimentary hotel from Lagos (they call it STPC, I have no idea what it means) and on the morning of the flight, we got the printed voucher. Only for her to get to Doha and they told her there was no more space in the hotel. She had to wait at the airport all through the night, not minding that she is a pregnant woman o. It was in the morning she was told to go sit at the Priority area. She said they gave them food though.
Fast forward to ATL, no fireworks. The CBP just asked her what she was there for and she told them to have her baby. Dazol! The man then told her to always carry her receipts. Not one document asked.
I will update the house when the rest of the missionary journey is complete.
Sorry to hear this. When I was travelling last year and about to book my ticket, the lady informed me this could happen, so we just booked a promo ticket and I used booking.com to book a room in the airport hotel for both trips (going and coming). It was a great decision as I rested properly with my toddler daughter when going and when returning with the 13 hrs layover, we were four (me, mum, toddler and baby), so the room was a godsend. we rested, took our baths and relaxed.

There are waiting areas in the airport lounge though for families, but my hubby didn't want us stressed, so we took the room option. cost $250 for the first nght and $290 for the second (i did an upgrade becos we were many). So you can also look into that option as well for madam's return. Just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 8:31am On Jul 22, 2017
dupe007:
They didn't specify I take it to the embassy.
.do it from any where
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2017
demiiii:
Hi, have you gotten the needed information If not please contact me so i can give you the information of the doctor i used before.. And the hospital if necessary

Hello Demi, pls I also need your help with Virginia hospital. Pls can u share your email? Here' d mine goobyparks@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 9:27am On Jul 22, 2017
cucudie:
I will like to find out this: Can i book a flight to New York to get to the US because its cheaper when my Visa Interview captured that i am going to Houston, Texas?

Get your ticket JFK to IAH and hold ticket
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hopesprings: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Been waiting to do this for years and finally here's my story..

Already had my visa, which I'd used twice since I got it, didn't bother with notification email.

Flew BA , had all the fit to fly and all but I was barely showing even at 34 weeks so no one asked me anything all the way to Maryland.

POE was Baltimore, had originally planned to use Henrico in VA but they changed prices a few weeks to my leaving Nigeria, so while I had Drs correspondence from VA, I knew it was unlikely that I'd use them.

Was taken to secondary inspection, spent about 20/30 minutes being interrogated, first by a nice man, and then a not so nice lady. I'm sorry I can't recall the full transcript but I essentially had to show proof of funds (I had cash and also account statements), my doctors correspondence, though I did tell them I planned to switch and stay in Maryland, discussed my job and how much I made, where my husband was (he was to come later) and where I would be staying (with family).

I was asked about notifying the embassy at the time of interview and of course I made it clear visa was obtained more than a year and half before conception. The lady went back and forth with me on that a bit but the math spoke for itself.

I was finally advised to keep all documents and receipts and allowed entry.

As you would have read repeatedly, Maryland is very expensive but costs were as follows:

Hospital - GBMC
- Mother/Baby - The hospital requires an initial deposit of $7,700 before delivery (if vaginal, not sure what it is for C section), they then reconcile against your costs afterwards, you either get a refund or an additional bill. I got a small refund about $200 but only stayed one night, so that should tell you something
- Epidural $1250
Dr - $2330 (This included circumcision at $150)
Pediatrician - $125/ per visit

Added infant on BA ticket for $360 and got all documents without any issues before leaving. All in all, we thank God for making provision, hope to do it again soon.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lillybi: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello Good people of nairaland

Please am new on nairaland, don't know how it works just trying it out. Had my first baby in america in 2015 in arkansas and intend to birth my second baby in houston, I renewed my visa last month and informed them about my plans of having my baby in houston precisely in October and my visa was approved. I had earlier visited a friend who had her baby december 2016 in houston methodist sugar land, and she gave me dr F's email of which I corresponded with him and he sent me the price quote of two hospitals ( oakbend and methodist ) I prefer oakbend because the price is fair.

I also read about houston north west medical centre here, please house i have these questions to ask ;

1. What's the pediatricians bill in houston north west medical centre
2. Do I need to complete an oakbend form to be eligible for the package as I saw on the attachment I was sent.
3. Will I have to pay 500$ registration to oakbend before my arrival to houston .
4.how do i get accommodations close to oakbend and houston north west medical centre.

Please my good people of nairaland your reply to my questions will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aladejohn(m): 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hi House, my wife is going to Maryland for delivery in august.
Any idea on the best hospital when considering price? Holy Cross hospital is demanding 6000 dollars initial deposit while doctor fees is 2000 dollars. Everything is already looking in the big side. Wanna know the experience of those that delivered in Maryland. Best/cheapest package. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Please does anyone have quote from HNMC, or the email address to reach the financial Counselor. @nef @favouredmum @firstymum @justwise @everybody
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
inizo:
Please does anyone have quote from HNMC, or the email address to reach the financial Counselor. @nef @favouredmum @firstymum @justwise @everybody

Have you tried contacting the hospital directly to get your own quote?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
justwise:

Have you tried contacting the hospital directly to get your own quote?

I called and got a voice message stating the email to send my request to, sadly

i couldn't hear properly. i was only able to pick
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] shelly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fistop: 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
debby516:
I have a quote from Piedmont. I got their email last week. you may pm me.

Hello debby,

I have tried to reach you by PM but no success. Kindly assist with the cost at Piedmont. Eagerly waiting to hear from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 10:12pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello, I have replied you.
Fistop:

Hello debby,

I have tried to reach you by PM but no success. Kindly assist with the cost at Piedmont. Eagerly waiting to hear from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fistop: 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
debby516:
Good evening,

I didn't get any mail.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
debby516:
please can you PM Piedmont quote. Thanks. God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by francmoda: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2017
Vans1:
Any Houston bound mama ready to share apartment pm me. Boredom wan kill person heee. Need company
hello..how much is ur accommodation in Houston per month and Wats the proximity to oakbend. Planning ahead for next year....or any other veteran here can advise on an affordable 1 or 2 bedroom apartment close to oakbend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.