Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977409 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bellebabe2017: 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
dabson2020:
Ok my people. I promised to come back and update you guys with the other bills

The 3800 bill that was given by the hospital was cancelled. I spoke with the Financial councelor and you told me the bill was a mistake and has been cancelled.

I got a bill from the Pediatrix Medical Group and i paid $714 for Pediatrician.

I paid $166.73 for pathology for both mother and child.

All bills sorted.

Parking my bags to come back home.

@dabson2020 pls did you use the paediatric services in the hospital? Kindly send response to belleakwara@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
ruggedguru:
Pls dose anyone know less expensive hospital to give birth in Minnesota, Minneapolis, Duluth and it's environs.

I would appreciate a quick reply pls.
Thanks in advance.
my sister stays in Minnesota but am in El Paso blc cost of birth in Minnesota is quite expensive, u can't get less than 18. U have to look for somewhere else
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by beautyuche: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
KingAL07:
Honestly, I don't think you need to reapply, do send a letter of change of intent (though that has been over flogged). If there is a clear difference between the day you were granted a visa and when you took in then you should be fine, also I hope you have a genuine reason for not travelling before now, just endeavour you travel with your Dr's correspondence, part payment of bills if possible and enough money to show you can settle remaining bills. I beg nothing is cast on stone. Be confident but not cocky and above all pray for God's favour. All the best!

Thank you for explaining to her. here is my situation
I applied for my visa in April with intent of attending a conference. I attended the conference in May and returned immediately (Just 7 days). Now I plan going for birthing Next year. The question is will I need to write to the embassy to inform them of my birthing plan or I simply go ahead get a hospital and make necessary payment have enough cash and proceed to the USA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2017
uzyfine:
my sister stays in Minnesota but am in El Paso blc cost of birth in Minnesota is quite expensive, u can't get less than 18. U have to look for somewhere else

Check your email,sent you a link
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
beautyuche:

Thank you for explaining to her. here is my situation
I applied for my visa in April with intent of attending a conference. I attended the conference in May and returned immediately (Just 7 days). Now I plan going for birthing Next year. The question is will I need to write to the embassy to inform them of my birthing plan or I simply go ahead get a hospital and make necessary payment have enough cash and proceed to the USA?

Your case is different. You don't need to send them the letter, since you have used it for the conference you originally obtained it for

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gbengaultimate: 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
My wife got her B1/B2 visa approved last week with the intention of giving birth in the United State. I have some series of questions that i will like the house to help with;
1. Is it advisable to apply for my visa now or wait till she arrives at the state before applying?
2. What is the percentage that the visa will be granted?
3. At how many months is it advisable she flies?
4. Like how much cash is it advisable to hold for the POE?
5. Her travel date on DS160 is first week in September but she's willing to travel last week in September, will there be any issue with that?

PLEASE ADVISE.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Apple19: 6:32am On Jul 29, 2017
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ooo!!!

Apple19:
Good day mamas. Sure our missionary journey have been smooth. I've been reading success stories here..God is still doing it for us on this thread, glory to Him. Mine was made possible through the help I got here too. I came into US about a month ago, and I wish I know other name to call JFK POE than BREEZE!! NO HASSLE AT ALL!!.

NOTE: I wasn't pregnant o, just came in for VAC with hubby and baby. Flew Turkish Airline and had 5hrs layover...then I MISPLACED MY PHONE AT THE ISTANBUL AIRPORT. The phone has been found but I NEED HELP to bring it here biko.

Courier services want to cut my neck, so any mama coming to the US through Istanbul this month or next PLEASE HELP ME O! I have vital docs on it abeg. (Baby's info too).

God bless you as you help a sister in need.
Safe landing and delivery to us all. And am still here too in case you need errand babe grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:08am On Jul 29, 2017
Gbengaultimate:
My wife got her B1/B2 visa approved last week with the intention of giving birth in the United State. I have some series of questions that i will like the house to help with;
1. Is it advisable to apply for my visa now or wait till she arrives at the state before applying?
2. What is the percentage that the visa will be granted?
3. At how many months is it advisable she flies?
4. Like how much cash is it advisable to hold for the POE?
5. Her travel date on DS160 is first week in September but she's willing to travel last week in September, will there be any issue with that?
PLEASE ADVISE.....

Let me try and attempt to answer your questions,but pls bear in mind that there are no hard and fast rules to it.
1. You can apply for your visa any time in as much as your wife got a medical visa i.e. she told them during her interview that she is travelling to give birth. If she didn't ,then wait till after she has gone b4 applying o.
2. I see no reason why you shouldn't be granted the visa if your intentions are right and you have all the necessary documents to back up your application.
3.What airline is she flying,check the airline policy for flying pregnant women. I think 6-8 wks to edd is ideal.she shouldn't push it too close to her edd, cause we have heard of people going into labour in flight
4. I would advice she holds enough cash depending on what her budget is,but if she can't go with enough cash,let her go with some cash and her bank cards with printout of statements of account handy to show that the funds she has in the account can take care of her expenses, just incase they ask for it.
5. She can getaway with traveling in late September as against 1st week in September. It's not a bigie.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by beautyuche: 11:05am On Jul 29, 2017
Babatwi:

Your case is different. You don't need to send them the letter, since you have used it for the conference you originally obtained it for

Thank you so much. Now I have to start scouting for cheap hospital in Michigan. Please any offers?

Sumone help...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladymandyo: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
My visa application with family has been denied twice (family vacation and the other family vacation+childbirth) in abj, even though I was totally honest in my response and explanation and apologized at last interview.

At both instances, my previous interview (didn't mention I was pregnant at embassy. Mentioned pregnancy and vacation at POE was given less than required period to stay. my doctor advised against travelling back so applied for extension) was referenced.

Please any advice on how to address the concern (highlighted above) .

@abujaniv
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aladejohn(m): 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
Hi House,

Been asking for Info about Maryland for hospitals and prices for days now. Being forced to pay a childbirth service agency here in nigeria 150k for Hospital & Doctor's appointment for my Wife's delivery next month.

PLEASE, any body with INFO about Maryland? No need for accomodation palava. She'll be staying with her sister.

Thanks in hot anticipation of replies
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
aladejohn:
Hi House,

Been asking for Info about Maryland for hospitals and prices for days now. Being forced to pay a childbirth service agency here in nigeria 150k for Hospital & Doctor's appointment for my Wife's delivery next month.

PLEASE, any body with INFO about Maryland? No need for accomodation palava. She'll be staying with her sister.

Not many people go to Maryland due to the prices that typically exceed other cities medical and accommodation fees.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Freshface: 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
Search the thread u might find something. Not many people use Maryland. Too pricey. The money she will spend for hospital there can cover hospital, accomodation and even shopping in the other popular states. Choose wisely.

aladejohn:
Hi House,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 12:59am On Jul 30, 2017
Long post alert
This thread has been of great help to me, all you need do is just give urself time and read. All the answers to your questions are staring right @ u. In the spirit of giving back, I flew Egyptair @ 36wks +. I was asked to get my Fit to Fly from Port Health for 2k( please don't waste ur money getting it from ur Hospital because it won't b honoured). The Port Health Staff was rather more interested @ collecting the 2k. We had a 9hours layover @ Cairo, checked in to a Hotel. Had a very good meal and Buffer for Breakfast before leaving in the morning. Arrived JFK @ about 03:45pm. There were a lot of passengers on ground. God bless the Mamaa that advised I request for a Wheelchair because it was a wise decision, the guy wheeled me right to the CBP Officer, Here's our conversation:

CBP: Passport pls, what kind of food do you have?
Mua: Egusi,garri, caryfish etc.
CBP: Do u hve meat,fish, veggies?
Mua:No

Na so the guy stamped my passport n said Welcome to America. It did not take upto a minute. I was like; chai na me be this?? Who I be?? grin (In Efe's voice). Mind u I got my visa for vacation in 2015 which I have used it for the purpose intended. I went straight, got my bags, took the Shuttle Bus to Laguardia Airport where I boarded the next flight to Chicago. I have gone for my 1st hospital appointment, waiting for the next one. Am just chilling and relaxing, waiting for the triumphant entry of my Baby. In all God's favour was just @ work because I was prepared, had all the necessary documents one can think of, to my bank statements I printed that very day of my Trip. Thanks good people, may God bless, provide n reward us all for the sacrifices we make for our kids.

25 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 7:06am On Jul 30, 2017
ladymandyo:
My visa application with family has been denied twice (family vacation and the other family vacation+childbirth) in abj, even though I was totally honest in my response and explanation and apologized at last interview.

At both instances, my previous interview (didn't mention I was pregnant at embassy. Mentioned pregnancy and vacation at POE was given less than required period to stay. my doctor advised against travelling back so applied for extension) was referenced.

Please any advice on how to address the concern (highlighted above) .

@abujaniv

AbujaNIV already responded to your question. Your case should be a lesson for all those who mysteriously forget about their pregnancies at their visa interviews, only to miraculously remember once they've gotten a visa. Just because CBP says you "may" apply for an extension of your stay does not mean you should. If that was the case, no one would ever leave the US since they could simply continue to apply for extensions of stay indefinitely. You tried to play the system twice... and got caught. You likely won't get a US visa again. Tough luck. Try Canada.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladymandyo: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2017
When my visa was approved, I was on family planning and my baby was still exclusively breastfeeding. Didn't know at the time. It was in my first interview I didn't mention the pregnancy though I knew as I wasn't properly informed (told to mention only if asked specifically).

Yes I made a mistake because I was misinformed, was honest in my explanation to the VO. Last two denials were over a year apart.

Wats the way forward?

Don't intend to try Canada as I heard u have to hide your pregnancy status and that's not an option to consider.

TWoods:

AbujaNIV already responded to your question. Your case should be a lesson for all those who mysteriously forget about their pregnancies at their visa interviews, only to miraculously remember once they've gotten a visa. Just because CBP says you "may" apply for an extension of your stay does not mean you should. If that was the case, no one would ever leave the US since they could simply continue to apply for extensions of stay indefinitely. You tried to play the system twice... and got caught. You likely won't get a US visa again. Tough luck. Try Canada.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2017
ladymandyo:
When my visa was approved, I was on family planning and my baby was still exclusively breastfeeding. Didn't know at the time. It was in my first interview I didn't mention the pregnancy though I knew as I wasn't properly informed (told to mention only if asked specifically).

Yes I made a mistake because I was misinformed, was honest in my explanation to the VO. Last two denials were over a year apart.

Wats the way forward?

Don't intend to try Canada as I heard u have to hide your pregnancy status and that's not an option to consider.

To be honest with you, your apologies and claims of ignorance would not gain you much sympathy at the embassy. Your apology is a dime a dozen. Put yourself in their shoes, everyone claims to be honest, after the fact. The big problem is that this will be on your file for good and there is no way to remove it. The next VO will see it and the next one, and the next one. The more you apply, the more desperate you seem and the more you validate their suspicion that your intent isn't what you claim it is. Which is unfortunate.

The way forward is to try another country. UK maybe, if Canada is not an option.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
Hello all! The next available date to notorise consent form at the embassy is Aug 22 and I am supposed to travel back to Nig on Aug 28. What do I do pls cause I was just told that Dallas passport agency won't accept one notorised outside the embassy.
Kindly advise me pls!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
ashedzi:
Long post alert
This thread has been of great help to me, all you need do is just give urself time and read. All the answers to your questions are staring right @ u. In the spirit of giving back, I flew Egyptair @ 36wks +. I was asked to get my Fit to Fly from Port Health for 2k( please don't waste ur money getting it from ur Hospital because it won't b honoured). The Port Health Staff was rather more interested @ collecting the 2k. We had a 9hours layover @ Cairo, checked in to a Hotel. Had a very good meal and Buffer for Breakfast before leaving in the morning. Arrived JFK @ about 03:45pm. There were a lot of passengers on ground. God bless the Mamaa that advised I request for a Wheelchair because it was a wise decision, the guy wheeled me right to the CBP Officer, Here's our conversation:

Na so the guy stamped my passport n said Welcome to America. It did not take upto a minute. I was like; chai na me be this?? Who I be?? grin (In Efe's voice). Mind u I got my visa for vacation in 2015 which I have used it for the purpose intended. I went straight, got my bags, took the Shuttle Bus to Laguardia Airport where I boarded the next flight to Chicago. I have gone for my 1st hospital appointment, waiting for the next one. Am just chilling and relaxing, waiting for the triumphant entry of my Baby. In all God's favour was just @ work because I was prepared, had all the necessary documents one can think of, to my bank statements I printed that very day of my Trip. Thanks good people, may God bless, provide n reward us all for the sacrifices we make for our kids.
congratulations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by francmoda: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nozzle:
anyone willing to share? 2 bedroom apartment just a stone throw to Houston northwest!
if you're Houston bound this July using Houston northwest, pm me pls!
My wife needs a room mate

Hello I sent u a PM...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 11:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Dhollargurl:
Hello everyone, so I gave birth to my cute little princess upper Wednesday (July 5) , thanks to people that have been sending their wishes. And I'm so sorry that I've not been replying mails, esp naija greatest and naija summary. Will reply asap. So far, B.C and SSN have been gotten, waiting for the notarized form from Naija to apply for her U.S passport. However, naija consulate in Atlanta seems to be having some kinda issue at the moment , which is making application for her naija passport impossible for now, I'm still waiting for them tho but if by first week in August it's d same, will have to do visa-on-arrival. Although, I don't know how that works or how long it takes, hoping someone will enlighten me. Thank you all and by the way, I used Piedmont Atlanta, awesome hospital.

Congratulations Dgurl,

I still have a little more time before I go to Atl by God's Grace.

I will look that hospital up. How were their charges?

What's going on at the Nigerian Embassy? Is it data page avalability issues?
Someone posted some time either July 4th or 5th to send a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng to apply for your child Nigerian passport was that what you did?
Well if it still doesn't work then it's best to go for visa on arrival as you said.

Rest easy dear.
It will all work out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 1:02am On Jul 31, 2017
Ayokunle07:
Good people of NL
My DW flew Qatar Airways at 34w4d and arrived Atlanta yesterday. The journey was long. The layover was about 9 hours and Qatar pulled an unfortunately ugly card. We had arranged their complimentary hotel from Lagos (they call it STPC, I have no idea what it means) and on the morning of the flight, we got the printed voucher. Only for her to get to Doha and they told her there was no more space in the hotel. She had to wait at the airport all through the night, not minding that she is a pregnant woman o. It was in the morning she was told to go sit at the Priority area. She said they gave them food though.
Fast forward to ATL, no fireworks. The CBP just asked her what she was there for and she told them to have her baby. Dazol! The man then told her to always carry her receipts. Not one document asked.
I will update the house when the rest of the missionary journey is complete.

Congratulations Ayokunle07
The rest of the journey will be smooth & very much okay...
Sorry for that stress on your wife, but all willbe better.

Update us.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BISCOLEE: 6:41am On Jul 31, 2017
Please which hospital are you using in Chicago? I sent you PM already. Will appreciate your response. Thank you.
ashedzi:
Long post alert

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by esespicy: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2017
Good day Everyone.
I am new to this forum and I was told by a friend that i will get the answers to my questions here. Pls pardon any errors i myt make in advance.

I am currently 4mths pregnant & already showing. I will like to have my baby in the U.S @ a not expensive price (decision to hav the baby dre was just decided). My questions ;
1) How much is the least amount I need to have to have my baby over there?
2) Wat do i need to apply for my visa? (I was told dat I need to hav contacted a doctor over dre, get d fees & make a deposit which will enable me get a letter frm d doc which will assist in me getting d visa)
3) Now my pregnancy is showing, can i still apply 4 d visa?
4) How much is d estimated amount a doc in d US can collect as his fees?
5) How much do I need to get d papers 4 d baby whn he/she is born?

Pls I need help with these questions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2017
customised87:
Hello all! The next available date to notorise consent form at the embassy is Aug 22 and I am supposed to travel back to Nig on Aug 28. What do I do pls cause I was just told that Dallas passport agency won't accept one notorised outside the embassy.
Kindly advise me pls!

Let him go ahead. You can meet up. if he gets it notarized and sends the same day via dhl, you will get it by 24th. Go to passport office same day and pick up passport same day.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olathunde(m): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2017
Hello House,

I need your assistance on this issue before attending the visa interview.

Would not having the complete money stated in the budget sheet in the statement of account be a grounds for denial.

The account statement covers 80% of the cost in the budget sheet.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 11:57am On Jul 31, 2017
Attempting all questions
1) cost is dependent on your budget and the city you choose so keep trying to get a place that fits your budget
2) you need all the normal documents for visa application plus doctors correspondence
3) yes you can. It is not against the law to have your baby in the USA just make sure you make your intentions known at your interview and also mention it in your form when filling.
4) this is dependent on the city you choose too
5) check the respective website for the documents needed and do the maths remember to factor in exchange rate
Kind regards
esespicy:
Good day Everyone.
I am new to this forum and I was told by a friend that i will get the answers to my questions here. Pls pardon any errors i myt make in advance.

I am currently 4mths pregnant & already showing. I will like to have my baby in the U.S @ a not expensive price (decision to hav the baby dre was just decided). My questions ;
1) How much is the least amount I need to have to have my baby over there?
2) Wat do i need to apply for my visa? (I was told dat I need to hav contacted a doctor over dre, get d fees & make a deposit which will enable me get a letter frm d doc which will assist in me getting d visa)
3) Now my pregnancy is showing, can i still apply 4 d visa?
4) How much is d estimated amount a doc in d US can collect as his fees?
5) How much do I need to get d papers 4 d baby whn he/she is born?

Pls I need help with these questions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
Doesn't matter all you need do is demonstrate to the V.O that you have strong ties here that will bring you back and these can be deduced from
Your job
Family
Investment etc

Go with your pay advice for at least six months if you work but if own a business i don't know what the document that shows how much you make is called (never can tell when it will come in hand )
olathunde:
Hello House,

I need your assistance on this issue before attending the visa interview.

Would not having the complete money stated in the budget sheet in the statement of account be a grounds for denial.

The account statement covers 80% of the cost in the budget sheet.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kunsoft(m): 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
chibertha:
Attempting all questions
1) cost is dependent on your budget and the city you choose so keep trying to get a place that fits your budget Atleast $15k ( do the calculation yourself in Naira)
2) you need all the normal documents for visa application plus doctors correspondence
3) yes you can. It is not against the law to have your baby in the USA just make sure you make your intentions known at your interview and also mention it in your form when filling.
4) this is dependent on the city you choose too
5) check the respective website for the documents needed and do the maths remember to factor in exchange rate
Kind regards Go through the trend you will see some List including the Doc Fees, Hospiatal etc

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.