Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976544 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Richards08: 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
Babatwi:

Ha! The almighty Chicago. It has been said here times without number that Chicago and Houston are not for the faint hearted. And some people will come and write here that all poe's are the same. I'm almost certain she would have been able to scale through Jfk if she had tried jfk.

Yea, we never thought about it. If it were money, we can afford it. Sorry for my words. However, it was later we got to know that Chicago poe is a no-no. I just hope they issue d visa asap, we're running out of time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 3:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Richards08:

Also, that's her first time of traveling.. That's our first child coming.
This is so so sad embarassed

Kisses to your wife okay. She committed no offence. Most travel with way less and are not questioned. Next time go thru any route but Chicago and Houston.

Her visa will be out soonest okay. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Richards08: 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Babatwi:

Na wah o! I haven't heard of this kind of something in a long time o. After reading your 1st post i just assumed she was owing money from a previous birthing trip. What the F. I feel so terrible on you guys behalf.What poe was that?

The painful thing is that they didn't allow her rest, they were not even concerned about her pregnancy, the stress she would have gone through on such a long flight time. It's all good, I bless God my baby is still very okay grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Richards08: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
shrekandfiona:

This is so so sad embarassed

Kisses to your wife okay. She committed no offence. Most travel with way less and are not questioned. Next time go thru any route but Chicago and Houston.

Her visa will be out soonest okay. Cheers

Thanks bro... I really appreciate, thanks everyone, this is a great platform. Enjoying every bit of my time here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Richards08:

Yeah bro, if the AP is within a week, I can hope for the better. However, if it passes 5 days, I guess she wouldn't be granted "fit to fly" letter anymore. In fact, I can say she's due for delivery.
She can obtain port health's fit to fly but though its wrong, they can back date her gestational age
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2017
Richards08:

The painful thing is that they didn't allow her rest, they were not even concerned about her pregnancy, the stress she would have gone through on such a long flight time. It's all good, I bless God my baby is still very okay grin
I know of a family friend that went thru worst at Chicago's POE. She even gave birth prematurely on arrival back to Naija. She has not yet recovered from the shock

The worst part was she was a frequent US traveller and she went with her hubby n kids. They were all sent back cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
Richards08:

You wife is a superhuman o. Some people have gone through less stress and went into premature labour. I thank God on you guys behalf. I'm with you in prayers that the visa comes out soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Richards08: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
shrekandfiona:

I know of a family friend that went thru worst at Chicago's POE. She even gave birth prematurely on arrival back to Naija. She has not yet recovered from the shock

The worst part was she was a frequent US traveller and she went with her hubby n kids. They were all sent back cry

Oh my God, that's sad to hear. God will make it up for them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
shrekandfiona:

Hi,
pls can you give full transcript on this. The lady that was sent back was this her first child in the u.s and if not did she pay her bills previously. Just really curious as to why people are being sent back.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Richards08:

Yea, we never thought about it. If it were money, we can afford it. Sorry for my words. However, it was later we got to know that Chicago poe is a no-no. I just hope they issue d visa asap, we're running out of time.
So sorry about all the stress. This is very scary ooo. Was her first visa obtain for birthing or just visit? is this present visa pending one undergoing AP obtain for birthing as well?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
favouredmum:

Hi,
pls can you give full transcript on this. The lady that was sent back was this her first child in the u.s and if not did she pay her bills previously. Just really curious as to why people are being sent back.

Thank you.
I gave her full transcript on this thread about 2 yrs back. Check part 3.

Sorry can't re-type it smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ebonychic18(f): 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Richards08:

Chicago
I guessed as much! I feel for you guys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
shrekandfiona:

I gave her full transcript on this thread about 2 yrs back. Check part 3.

Sorry can't re-type it smiley

No wahala. Let me check back.

I thought it was recent.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yes, I'll be staying with family and I'll also be going with my lil sister.
Thank you.

Babatwi:

Na who was look 2 pikin for you,are you planning to stay with family?,if not,it might not be a good move,cause how will you cope with 2 kids and a newborn on your own.
Without help?
With regards to the issue of 2 sponsors,i have not heard of it before o,but this doesn't mean that it cant happen.
Yes,your husband staying back could serve as your tie to home county
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
i empathize with you. However, if you have read this Part alone well enough, you'd have noticed the avoidance of that POE.

I also made mention of it some pages back, in mid-july, my BIL was almost sent back from the same chicago because my sister changed her hospital.

I hope you can reapply and get a fair date. explain carefully what happened and you'd be fine.
Richards08:

Chicago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Richards08: 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
iphiechuks:
So sorry about all the stress. This is very scary ooo. Was her first visa obtain for birthing or just visit? is this present visa pending one undergoing AP obtain for birthing as well?

Yes, both visas are birthing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Richards08: 6:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
freshdad:
i empathize with you. However, if you have read this Part alone well enough, you'd have noticed the avoidance of that POE.

I also made mention of it some pages back, in mid-july, my BIL was almost sent back from the same chicago because my sister changed her hospital.

I hope you can reapply and get a fair date. explain carefully what happened and you'd be fine.

Thanks bro.. Nah, I didn't read, I just joined NL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
In the spirit of giving back, I already posted my Poe expirience. I successfully had my twin via c section under doctor novoa in elpaso. Both of them were very ok so no issue and no nicu. Cs was done on Friday night and we were discharged on Sunday morning, thanks be to almighty God. I've gotten all their documents . Was waiting for my husband to go for his interview so we can add 1 baby to his ticket and 1 to mine.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by eboniee024: 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello every one
I av an interview at the embassy on September (first week) and the purpose of my travelling is to attend a conference in US(first week in october) but am pregnant (4 months presently). Am a lecturer in a government university here in Nigeria. My question is do I need to hide the fact that am pregnant or how do I go about it? pls I need advice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
eboniee024:
Hello every one
I av an interview at the embassy on September (first week) and the purpose of my travelling is to attend a conference in US(first week in october) but am pregnant (4 months presently). Am a lecturer in a government university here in Nigeria. My question is do I need to hide the fact that am pregnant or how do I go about it? pls I need advice

Lecturer? You don't need us to lecture you about honesty.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
eboniee024:
Hello every one

No need to hide your pregnancy these days when applying for visa,those days are far gone. These days,we've learnt here that it's not a crime to give birth in the US once you can afford it,though you dint mention that you would like to birth there. If that is your plan,then read this forum very well,you'll get all you need for the trip here,just read and gain knowledge. What ever your intentions,whether to go for conference or to go and give birth,tell the truth.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
uzyfine:
In the spirit of giving back, I already posted my Poe expirience. I successfully had my twin via c section under doctor novoa in elpaso. Both of them were very ok so no issue and no nicu. Cs was done on Friday night and we were discharged on Sunday morning, thanks be to almighty God. I've gotten all their documents . Was waiting for my husband to go for his interview so we can add 1 baby to his ticket and 1 to mine.

Congrats on the birth of your twins.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DBELLEs(f): 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
Honestly! I have read a lot about those 2 port of entries. I am a silent member here though. I got into the U.S. this morning. Port of Entry was Atlanta, final destination Houston, Texas. I will come back with the full details later as I am jet lagged.

Ha! The almighty Chicago. It has been said here times without number that Chicago and Houston are not for the faint hearted. And some people will come and write here that all poe's are the same. I'm almost certain she would have been able to scale through Jfk if she had tried jfk.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 1:27am On Aug 18, 2017
Oh dear... So sorry to hear about your wife... I came in through the dreaded Houston POE but for me honestly it was a breeze! I shared my POE experience and for the sake of others who are still back home and preparing to join us here I will just say a thing a two. Firstly please travel with enough cash... Show them the hard currency... Yeah I know some have travelled with less and scaled through but you never can tell when or who would be randomly picked so it is safe to be prepared at all times. I came in with PLENTY cash that I was even advised to stop moving with that much cash! I had to open an account... And asides my cash I still had bank statements and my debit cards on me. The CBPs ain't smiling except in very rare cases... Plus some Nigerians have carved a negative niche for us so... I have met Nigerian women here who live in the UK and are also here to birth their babies and they express shock when they hear such stories because they've never experienced it... Some are here to have their second/third babies. Also please whatever you have on your forms during your visa interview shouldn't be changed simply because your visa's been granted... Please leave all of your information intact.... The transcript is sent ahead of you to the US so of course CBP expects to hear the same answers you gave VO... I told y'all about how the CBP who stamped me in asked me the exact same questions the VO asked me 3months ago. If you decide to change accommodation, doctor, hospital etc wait until you've been cleared at POE then you can go ahead to change... Don't tell them A in naija then you appear at POE and say B... Yeah it has worked for some and is still working for others but you never know what the outcome of yours will be so it is better to be prepared at all times... As for the issue of documents please like two weeks to travel get a file, pack all of your documents in it and put it in the box you're travelling with... That way you won't forget anything... On the day of departure when you arrive the airport before you leave the car, open your box, get out the important docs you'll need at POE, fold and put in your handbag.... That's what I did because I have read from part1 of this forum and I read different, different, kinda stories. I wish everyone who is going for interview best of luck.... And for those who have been granted but are yet to receive their passports due to one glitch or the other, it will all end in praise.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abuleoshi: 2:39am On Aug 18, 2017
SleekFullah:
Oh dear... So sorry to hear about your wife... I came in through the dreaded Houston POE but for me honestly it was a breeze! I shared my POE experience and for the sake of others who are still back home and preparing to join us here I will just say a thing a two. Firstly please travel with enough cash... Show them the hard currency... Yeah I know some have travelled with less and scaled through but you never can tell when or who would be randomly picked so it is safe to be prepared at all times. I came in with PLENTY cash that I was even advised to stop moving with that much cash! I had to open an account... And asides my cash I still had bank statements and my debit cards on me. The CBPs ain't smiling except in very rare cases... Plus some Nigerians have carved a negative niche for us so... I have met Nigerian women here who live in the UK and are also here to birth their babies and they express shock when they hear such stories because they've never experienced it... Some are here to have their second/third babies. Also please whatever you have on your forms during your visa interview shouldn't be changed simply because your visa's been granted... Please leave all of your information intact.... The transcript is sent ahead of you to the US so of course CBP expects to hear the same answers you gave VO... I told y'all about how the CBP who stamped me in asked me the exact same questions the VO asked me 3months ago. If you decide to change accommodation, doctor, hospital etc wait until you've been cleared at POE then you can go ahead to change... Don't tell them A in naija then you appear at POE and say B... Yeah it has worked for some and is still working for others but you never know what the outcome of yours will be so it is better to be prepared at all times... As for the issue of documents please like two weeks to travel get a file, pack all of your documents in it and put it in the box you're travelling with... That way you won't forget anything... On the day of departure when you arrive the airport before you leave the car, open your box, get out the important docs you'll need at POE, fold and put in your handbag.... That's what I did because I have read from part1 of this forum and I read different, different, kinda stories. I wish everyone who is going for interview best of luck.... And for those who have been granted but are yet to receive their passports due to one glitch or the other, it will all end in praise.
If you told them at the embassy you were staying in Dallas, you went for 1 month vacation. Then decided to give birth In Houston a year after the embassy interview and the 1 month vacation in Dallas, is that an issue? Abi dem expect you to always stay in Dallas any time you are in America?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iykmon: 4:29am On Aug 18, 2017
Sir during the change of aircraft/airline in France airport, did you have to pick up your luggage yourself in France to join Delta airline or your luggage where transfer by the airline to Delta.

Ijesco:
I have used travelstart to US and dubai without issue. I used them to book an air France flight to usa for a colleague about 2 weeks ago and he travelled without issue. I used them in booking an airfrance flight for my trip to usa this weekend and was notified of some minor changes in the itinerary. Overall, the experience has been ok but I usually go to www.checkmytrip.com to confirm my bookings and keep abreast of any change in itinerary.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Christine77: 5:14am On Aug 18, 2017
Congrats dear! Thank God for all!

uzyfine:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 6:44am On Aug 18, 2017
[/quote]From what I have read on this forum, so long as your visa is used for the purpose you stated during your interview then you're safe.. So yes you can go for your vacation then use the same visa for birth also sometime in the future.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fasttrack(m): 7:34am On Aug 18, 2017
DBELLEs:
Honestly! I have read a lot about those 2 port of entries. I am a silent member here though. I got into the U.S. this morning. Port of Entry was Atlanta, final destination Houston, Texas. I will come back with the full details later as I am jet lagged.

Ha! The almighty Chicago. It has been said here times without number that Chicago and Houston are not for the faint hearted. And some people will come and write here that all poe's are the same. I'm almost certain she would have been able to scale through Jfk if she had tried jfk.

I think it's basically how you answer questions at POE not that some re more lenient than others. My wife n daughter went thru Houston and they weren't delayed for one minute. They took along 9k or there about. They want physical cash to cover your hospital bill plus living expenses as well, couple with the fact that husby is in Naija to send more money.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 7:40am On Aug 18, 2017
Richards08:

Chicago

Ouch..... The dreaded Chicago poe. Any other poe and she would have most likely made it through with the $10k. Maybe the fact she was a first timer or the manner she presented her case worked against her. My sympathies. Hopefully, her visa would be ready on time.
Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 8:10am On Aug 18, 2017
eboniee024:
Hello every one

justwise:

Lecturer? You don't need us to lecture you about honesty.

Babatwi:

No need to hide your pregnancy these days when applying for visa,those days are far gone. These days,we've learnt here that it's not a crime to give birth in the US once you can afford it,though you dint mention that you would like to birth there. If that is your plan,then read this forum very well,you'll get all you need for the trip here,just read and gain knowledge. What ever your intentions,whether to go for conference or to go and give birth,tell the truth.

Two answers for the same question....
Two different modes of engagement;
One is informative and civil, the other is just..... undecided undecided undecided
Do better!!!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.