Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977523 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
Thought about this recently. I benefited from this thread 101% for my trip last year, 1st time applicant and no travel history, but the info i got on this thread with visa and POE interviews helped a great deal.

Newbies come here asking for urgent info, like they just knew they were pregnant. You see some going on 2nd or 3rd missionary journey and you can't see any info on their previous trips, yet they are back here for more/latest info.

I am only pleading that we help each other, no info is too small, most especially visa and POE transcripts.

Reine22:
This thread isn't what it used to be sad . I'm not yet a mom to be or even married, but I read this thread voraciously for research for when I'm ready. Lately, not as many folks are sharing info openly (pls inbox me or pm me is the new order of the day) and people with questions don't bother to read but spam the whole thread, asking about issues that have been answered endlessly. Please for the sake of everyone let's try to be more open and keep this thread rich and informative. It shouldn't dwindle off into obscurity. Thanks. My own two cents.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 3:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
podada:
Hello NLers,
Please is there a payment plan for intending parents in the US...I just got a set back on funds invested and DW should be due in November. we should be able to pay down before end of January. if there is? how do I go by it or access it?

This is a tricky one. Yes there exists payment plan if you run into emergencies that leads to excess bills but payment plan on your base fee i dont know.
You can also call your hospital to find out.

Why not look for othr hospitals that would well suit your budget?.

Which State do you plan to go to deliver?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Go to Nigerian immigration site yo get their emai address. Send them a mail, they often respond fast.
ruggedguru:

Please how did you go about the visa on arrival?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
Tanny01:
Hello everyone. Please do you have any advise on how to get a closer date for Interview. I have being refreshing the page and the earliest is October 16th which is too late for me. Thank you all for your time and advise. God bless .

Just keeprefreshing the page. keep at it. Thats always been the wayto get earlier dates.

Dont be tired. Success at it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
debby516:
Thought about this recently. I benefited from this thread 101% forjourney and you can't see any info on their previous trips, yet they are back here for more/latest info.
I am only pleading that we help each other, no info is too small, most especially visa and POE transcripts.

Well said.... Its up to us to keep this thread alive..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by brooklyn20: 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
Lollipop1234:
Any Jan 2018 mummies going to houston.....

I'm due Jan 2018 and going to Houston. Using hnwmc Dr Xydas. Have u gotten accommodation ?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by silverchi: 4:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
Gooday house

There is a phone no I saw here in previous thread for booking appointments with the US passport office.
I'm I Houston.

I can't seem to find it.
Pls can any 1 help with the phone no?

I want to go der office in downtown but I heard I need to call to get an appointment day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
Please Google it.
silverchi:
Gooday house

There is a phone no I saw here in previous thread for booking appointments with the US passport office.
I'm I Houston.

I can't seem to find it.

I want to go der office in downtown but I heard I need to call to get an appointment day

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tanny01: 5:46pm On Sep 06, 2017
Ramj:

Just keeprefreshing the page. keep at it. Thats always been the wayto get earlier dates.

Dont be tired. Success at it.
Thank u ,God bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bubbles123: 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
Maggiespecial:

Yes, my edd is march 2018, n am planning New york because thats where I have relative....Long island.
Maggie pls Send me your email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maggiespecial(f): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2017
@bubbles, I showed my husband the 2, n av sent them a mail hoping to get back from them tomorrow. So I will let you know how it goes n u can as well send dem a mail too. Pls wen is ur edd?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Binthere: 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hi guys, urgent help please. What option do we pick to book appointment for the notarised form? Pls see screenshot. Thanks for your kind help

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
Bubbles123:
Pls dear friends , i'm still waiting for an affordable hospital in New jersey.

Hello dear bubbles123. Rather than waiting why no do a simple search in the box on top or beneath each page type "Hospital in New Jersey" or birth in New Jersey".
Narrow your search to Travel

You would be amazed how much information would be staring at you to pounce upon.

Good luck Bubbles as you bubble to America to have your baby.

Tadaaaaa

UPDATE - Just did a little search for you and see what I found.

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=birth+in+new+jersey&board=2

if only everyone asking for urgent urgent can do a lil search

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nwebele: 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello all, please I have done all my research and I chose Dr M at california. I spoke to someone at his office and she sent me a mail with the breakdown of Dr's fees and all the test I need to do before delivery. She also sent me a copy of fees for st Francis hospital.

I have made several calls to st Francis hospital, Centinela and Good Samaritan hospital in a bid to get a correspondence from them, all to no avail.

My question is, that breakdown which I received from a lady from Dr M's office, should I go ahead and present it at the embassy as the doctor' correspondence? And can I use the quote she sent me about st Francis fees which includea paeditrician and epidural charges as my burden of proof while going for interview or is there a special letter the doctor's supposed to write. Please help me before I make mistake at the embassy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nwebele: 12:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Shrek and fiona,

aabeg na you dey been answer me.
please I have done all my research and I chose Dr M at california. I spoke to someone at his office and she sent me a mail with the breakdown of Dr's fees and all the test I need to do before delivery. She also sent me a copy of fees for st Francis hospital.

I have made several calls to st Francis hospital, Centinela and Good Samaritan hospital in a bid to get a correspondence from them, all to no avail.

My question is, that breakdown which I received from a lady from Dr M's office, should I go ahead and present it at the embassy as the doctor' correspondence? And can I use the quote she sent me about st Francis fees which includea paeditrician and epidural charges as my burden of proof while going for interview or is there a special letter the doctor's supposed to write. Please help me before I make mistake at the embassy

shrekandfiona:

Since your hubby is the one with the benefits of the resident permit, I'll suggest he applies with you. It will give you an edge.

Your reason for overstaying is a strong and honest one. Explain it. Hopefully the VO will reason with you.

Its okay to be anxious but you need to relax a bit. I also did my renewal a few weeks back though via dropbox. I was called for an interview. Was anxious as well. But only 2 questions were asked. 1st was how much i paid when i went for delivery, 2nd was if i was going for medical purpose of which my answer was no as i am done with childbirth. My passport was ready the next day for pickup.

So i'll reiterate that you pick B2(medical) instead of vacation for your reason this time. Once given, you can still go on your vacation trip b4 childbirth.

All the best dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 4:58am On Sep 07, 2017
Nwebele:
Shrek and fiona,

aabeg na you dey been answer me.
please I have done all my research and I chose Dr M at california. I spoke to someone at his office and she sent me a mail with the breakdown of Dr's fees and all the test I need to do before delivery. She also sent me a copy of fees for st Francis hospital.

It would be nice if you can get separate correspondence for both Dr and hospital,but in the absence of it,you can present the one sent to you by your Dr,that should take care of visa interview and poe. People here have done same and had no issues whatsoever with doing that. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2017
Here it is +18774872778 it is a national number so when you call remember to say you are in the South central of USA since you are in Texas and Houston in particular.

silverchi:
Gooday house

I'm I Houston.

I can't seem to find it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nwebele: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2017
Babatwi:

It would be nice if you can get separate correspondence for both Dr and hospital,but in the absence of it,you can present the one sent to you by your Dr,that should take care of visa interview and poe. People here have done same and had no issues whatsoever with doing that. Goodluck

Thank you so much Babatwi. You and Shrek and fiona are the best.

My only concern is that apart from the fact that the lady emailed me, the doument she sent me was not addressed to me. It just has Dr's Nameand address and some hospital logo on top. Then titled Dr's fees and list of tests.

But the one I got from Doctores parati was addressed to me and very elaborate. They promised to send a Doctor's correspondence for visa interview at a fee which looks more tangible than this but my instinct is leaning towards Dr M and Carlifornia.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2017
Hello
Please what was the final bill like? Cos I plan on using east side as well. Gwinnett is kinda pricey.
baslone:

The funny thing is I have gone through the process before, too bad I am quite forgetful on details hence my question.

That said. . . .

Same doctor Dr Emmanuel Soyoola- bill now $3,150(Labs, Ultrasound, Prenatal office visits, Vaginal delivery)

Made payment of $3,600 to Eastside Medical Center(waiting for final bill-possibly by tomorrow),

Epidural $950(Totalis $1,950 but discounted if prepaid),

Pediatrician $600 for 2 days hospital stay.

For Visa transcript, See below the post I shared Jan 10th 2015 on the locked thread!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 8:02am On Sep 07, 2017
Nwebele:

Thank you so much Babatwi. You and Shrek and fiona are the best.

My only concern is that apart from the fact that the lady emailed me, the doument she sent . They promised to send a Doctor's correspondence for visa interview at a fee which looks more tangible than this but my instinct is leaning towards Dr M and Carlifornia.

Since she sent the documents via email I am sure the email was addrrssed to you. So just print the email that you exchanged along side the beakdown she sent.

Also you can use the details the doctors office sent to you as correspondence from hospital.

Since you have doctesperati corresspondence i am surethat can serve too.

So now yoy decide

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 8:13am On Sep 07, 2017
It's been great fun and ssuch enlightening reading from near Genesis Part 1 Page 0 to this place…. Whooooo can't believe I covered this much. ( I actually got addicted I read anytime anywhere any place. I even open up to 10-15 pages on my phone browser so I just keep reading and reading and reading) In the car, walking, standing, in the toilet even in the other r*** I read anywhere I find free time and space.

To all FTMs FTDs and all new observers to this forum- having our babies in the USA does not happen overnight. It's A PROCESS, NOT AN EMERGENCY NEITHER IS YOUR INTERVIEW nor Other processes attached to this US Baby Journey. ( I know some people need urgent answer but please do it the right way)

BTW - I am a First Time Dad too doing this for my wife and unborn children.

Almost all you need for giving birth successfully in the US is Here: ALL YOU NEED TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY IS ONE OF THE PAGES ON THIS TOPIC FROM PART 1 to 5.

ALL IT WILL COST YOU IS READING INVESTMENT.

You never know what a simple search in that small tab above and beneath each page can do for you.

E.g Just try "Birth in Texas" for example and narrow it to Travel section and voila to get more than you need

Also put the names of some of the old timers in the same box and you will see their contributions.
Some of them comment in a whole lot of other topics but mhen it's not too much if you value what you can get from their past posts. ( I did for Nerf, modath, ladyGuinevere, dxbconnection, firsttymum and a few others).
Just look for someone that seems to mention a place or city or hospital that interest you. ( I have also contacted some of them and got valuable info Dupe007, mom2015, colouredgirl)

Some people might be interested in states that have been less frequented by mamas and papas here no doubt ( Oklahoma, Oregon, Wisconsin, the Dakotas etc). If you can read just some pages. You will know what to do and guess what YOU TOO can become the TRAILBLAZER for that particular state or city or hospital (Nerf and co did justice to Chicago some years back - God Bless you and others)

If you don’t get any valid Information and still don’t know what to do after all these steps just come out and I would buy you recharge card to call USA

But once again what would you wanna do with my little recharge card? Remember you are going to born your pikin in the US - so I am sure you get money pass that my lil recharge card hehehe

But honestly if you still can't get any info just contact @justwise and co

Once again Good Morning to all old and new mamas, papas and observer.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 07, 2017
Lollipop1234:
Any Jan 2018 mummies going to houston.....

Hello, I am a Jan 2018 mum hoping to give birth in Houston. What hospital and doctor are your using please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by podada(m): 8:40am On Sep 07, 2017
thanks Ramj,
New jersey and it's not cheap mehn!!! that's where I have a credible host. Cheapest so far is 7k for doc and hospital(Vaginal Delivery)

Ramj:

This is a tricky one. Yes there exists payment plan if you run into emergencies that leads to excess bills but payment plan on your base fee i dont know.
You can also call your hospital to find out.

Why not look for othr hospitals that would well suit your budget?.

Which State do you plan to go to deliver?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nwebele: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2017
Ramj:

Since she sent the documents via email I am sure the email was addrrssed to you. So just print the email that you exchanged along side the beakdown she sent.

Also you can use the details the doctors office sent to you as correspondence from hospital.

Since you have doctesperati corresspondence i am surethat can serve too.

So now yoy decide

Thanks Ramj, you guys are the best. I bless the day I came accross NL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.