Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975734 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lipsyred: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
Thanks people I appreciate. Advise noted and I went through the testimony on page 309,it is encouraging. I have no intention of traveling this year, but next year by his grace I pray for favor. I will update on my success in faith next year.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by just2testify: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lipsyred:
Please I need advise I had my baby in 2014,went for interview told them for visit to attend sis in law graduation as RN, was visibly pregnant About 6month,wasnt asked and I traveled at poe was asked and I told them after series of interrogation at BA was stamped six month into the USA d testimony was shared here in 2014, had my baby and paid all bills as advise on poe to ensure I have any reciept of payments which I have. On going for renewal via Dropbox was called for interview asked to narrate my trip and I did, he asked delivery was not mentioned at interview with vo and he didn't give room for explanation just denied the visa. I tried again Feb 14 2017,and explain reason for denial on application based on the fact that I didn't disclose pregnancy at interview but at poe and have paid all bills, the visa was denied again this time no story, ask question reason I want to travel but he said denied again like the last one. Pls advise I intend to reapply with family soon like early next year to visit what are my chances?please advise a sister. Thanks

But if your main purpose of applying/travelling is to give birth why don't you wait till u take in and then apply for medical visa(B2),but if no childbirth in the USA is in the plan,then apply for family vacation. But make sure u back it up with prayers
GOD GIVES VISA

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by HerMajestyKay(f): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
Vic7878:
Hi every one . Any March 2018 mum traveling to us for delivery ? California , Arizona or texas

[color=#770077][/color]March 2018 momma here . Texas... Oakbend hospital to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashabby: 11:47pm On Sep 03, 2017
@davichido Do you have any info on kings county hospital now? If you do please share, or anyone that does please help.

davichido:
Hello Guys,

My wife is schedule for an interview with US embassy for First week of August and the testimonies and advice from this forum has been amazing.
We plan she would be staying with my relative in Brooklyn New York and we use Kings County Hospital. Has anyone here used this hospital, ideas on the cost of delivery(Virginal/CS) and Any Doctors contact there to get correspondence.

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JAZES(m): 12:45am On Sep 04, 2017
to say this thread has been helpful to my journey with my family is an understatement.
This has to be the most educative and informative thread on nairaland in my own opinion....... smiley smiley smiley

Let me quickly share my poe experience:

As soon as we landed @ jfk on 29th Aug, 3 police officers walk up to us:
Officers: Hello
Me: Hello
Officers: What are u guys here for? (for my mind i dey think say una no go
even let us enter first?)
Me : Vacation and my wife is here to give birth
Officers: Oh your wife is pregnant?
Me: Yes she is
Officers: thats cool- what do u know about female circumcision?
Me: I told them what i know about it in my own little understanding
and my wife also did the same
Officers: Are u in support of it?
Me : Support ke? No o ( At this point i come ask them if they
are the immigration officers cos we have not even scanned our passport yet)
Officers: they quickly say no that they are just doing a survey on female circumcision
Me: I said oh ok

Meanwhile , why they are asking us questions the other lady who is one of the officers (by the
way all of them are ladies) was taking down note from my response like say they one write jamb exams.
Anyways, to cut the long story short, they led us to another officer who now started another round of
questions and ask to see our correspondence with d doctor and ask how much we have on us- the officer
later said we should proceed to the immigration that he is sure they will let us in.

As soon as we got there, they ask me to submit my passport and that of my family. I was taken to another room
for another round of questions while my wife and kids stayed outside.

I was kept on the waiting list with other folks for close to 2hrs b4 i was called in, they asked the same questions the ladies asked me
and some of the ones they asked when we went for d interview in Lagos.

Long story short, i was eventually stamped in for 6months and surprisingly when i stepped outside,
my wife told me they have already stamped her passport and that of the kids at the point they took
me inside. That they immediately handed her d passports and that of the kids and ask her to go wait for me.

In all, i just want to say thank u to everyone who has contributed to this thread and share their
wealth of knowledge with us all- i hope that my own experience will inspire others who are aspiring to go
on this journey too.
Cheers

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bubelahot: 2:20am On Sep 04, 2017
Hmm ....JFK kwa don dey act James bond. This shows that any POE can decide to act otherwise. This tells us that no matter your POE, just be prepared. I wish your Wifey safe delivery.
JAZES:
to say this thread has been helpful to my journey with my family is an understatement.
This has to be the most educative and informative thread on nairaland in my own opinion....... smiley smiley smiley

Let me quickly share my poe experience:

As soon as we landed @ jfk on 29th Aug, 3 police officers walk up to us:
Officers: Hello
Me: Hello
Officers: What are u guys here for? (for my mind i dey think say una no go
even let us enter first?)
Me : Vacation and my wife is here to give birth
Officers: Oh your wife is pregnant?
Me: Yes she is
Officers: thats cool- what do u know about female circumcision?
Me: I told them what i know about it in my own little understanding
and my wife also did the same
Officers: Are u in support of it?
Me : Support ke? No o ( At this point i come ask them if they
are the immigration officers cos we have not even scanned our passport yet)
Officers: they quickly say no that they are just doing a survey on female circumcision
Me: I said oh ok

Meanwhile , why they are asking us questions the other lady who is one of the officers (by the
way all of them are ladies) was taking down note from my response like say they one write jamb exams.
Anyways, to cut the long story short, they led us to another officer who now started another round of
questions and ask to see our correspondence with d doctor and ask how much we have on us- the officer
later said we should proceed to the immigration that he is sure they will let us in.

As soon as we got there, they ask me to submit my passport and that of my family. I was taken to another room
for another round of questions while my wife and kids stayed outside.

I was kept on the waiting list with other folks for close to 2hrs b4 i was called in, they asked the same questions the ladies asked me
and some of the ones they asked when we went for d interview in Lagos.

Long story short, i was eventually stamped in for 6months and surprisingly when i stepped outside,
my wife told me they have already stamped her passport and that of the kids at the point they took
me inside. That they immediately handed her d passports and that of the kids and ask her to go wait for me.

In all, i just want to say thank u to everyone who has contributed to this thread and share their
wealth of knowledge with us all- i hope that my own experience will inspire others who are aspiring to go
on this journey too.
Cheers

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JAZES(m): 3:00am On Sep 04, 2017
bubelahot:
Hmm ....JFK kwa don dey act James bond. This shows that any POE can decide to act otherwise. This tells us that no matter your POE, just be prepared. I wish your Wifey safe delivery.

I tell u o, as much as it is very important to be prepared pls also know they can ask you any question,
someone told me that had i said i know about female circumcision and that i support it cos i believe nothing is wrong with it,
that they would have put us on the next available flight to naija. Considering the fact that my kids are female that they
will assume that we have circumcised them- i dont know how true this assertion is though cos i dont know what female cir
cumcision has to do with police officers and why they are even asking the questions in the first place.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2017
jmarky2:
Hi All,

Please I need your help.

My DW and I got the visa and during our interview we declared our intention to have a baby in New York. After getting the visa we changed our mind to travel to Florida instead and I fear that this might be a cause for dispute at the POE.

Kindly advise on what I need to do to avoid disappointment at the POE.

Thanks in advance.

You can handle it this way,You can fly to Jfk and use your New York Dr & hospital correspondence and after you clear poe you take a local flight to Florida or you fly straight to Florida and if the issue comes up at poe you tell them that you changed your mind and decided to go to Florida instead of going to new York ,but in that case make sure you have Dr and hospital correspondence for Florida handy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ruggedguru: 11:27am On Sep 04, 2017
cutieb:
Hello house!
I have shared visa and Poe experience so it's time to share my birthing experience.
I stayed in Michigan till a week to my EDD before I left for Chicago
I had my LO on Wednesday 19th of July in Chicago. A day after delivery my LO's birth certificate was ready but cldnt get it till after I was discharged (I fast tracked it).I was discharged on Friday evening..went to vital records to get the BC. Had an appointment with the paediatrician On Tuesday after I was discharged and LO was certified okay...I got a fit to fly for my LO from the paediatrician cos I was gonna travel to NY and domestic airlines need certification for infants less than 14days to fly. Went back to Michigan on weds.

Called Qatar airways Customer Care to get my LO ticket and was charged $150.(note that I got my ticket from wakanow but booked LO directly)
Hubby mailed notarized form thru FedEx (I was very disappointed in their service) after several calls to them I eventually got the package on Saturday after which I left for the airport to board plane to NY.

On Monday I went to NY passport office very early as walk in and I met a very long queue...eventually after 5hrs I made it in and my passport was processed for $165 I waited to collect it...left there around 9pm. On Tuesday I sent a mail for visa on on arrival to the immigration and got a reply after 5 hrs..
On Wednesday, Got to the airport checked in all my over weight luggage (3 big luggages 2 for me and 1 for baby) no extra charges the guy was too nice, checked in baby stroller and car seat and my supposed overweight hand luggage..lol...
Had 9 hrs layover at Doha was lodged in a hotel...slept for 3hrs before we were taken back to the airport..got to naija on Friday morn..got my luggage and went to the visa on arrival section...paid $200 and I was given change of $10 lol...
I left NY exactly 14 days(2weeks) after LO arrival.
We are doing great...just adapting to this no light country again..lol..
Thanks everyone who helped out in this journey.. o appreciate you all.. God bless
Please how did you go about the visa on arrival?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ruggedguru: 11:32am On Sep 04, 2017
Please how did you go about the visa on arrival?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 1:06pm On Sep 04, 2017
veegurl:

Yes i have sorted out doctor and hospital. R u also using st. Francis?

Hello veegurl am also la bound last week in September. Also using st francis . Maybe we can hook up. Sent you a pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ganjababe: 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
@JAZES,
Please this is my first time of posting. Am not pregnant nor planning to go to US anytime soon.
However, i was wondering if you went for the visa interview with all your family? What was the tie back home? Because I have been reading on this thread that one has to have a strong tie back in Nigeria before one can be given Visa.
Will appreciate your response. Thank you Sir
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
doreese:

Hello veegurl am also la bound last week in September. Also using st francis . Maybe we can hook up. Sent you a pm.
I dont knw how to use the pm. This my email, veegurl34@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashabby: 2:17pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello everyone,

This is probably my first post here. i have gone through all almost the whole thread thoroughly and I say a big well done to all the contributors.

I need help please, I am embarking on my first missionary trip in a few weeks and I will like to have my baby in NY i have checked a number of hospitals in New york but no definite response. Please does anyone have direct contacts for Kings county hosp heard they are quite affordable and spoke to a lady there last week but she has been unreachable after that.

Also I will appreciate any other affordable New york hospitals.

thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JAZES(m): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
Ganjababe:
@JAZES,
Please this is my first time of posting. Am not pregnant nor planning to go to US anytime soon.
However, i was wondering if you went for the visa interview with all your family? What was the tie back home? Because I have been reading on this thread that one has to have a strong tie back in Nigeria before one can be given Visa.
Will appreciate your response. Thank you Sir

Yes, went with my family for d b1/b2 visa and my strong tie to naija is my biz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mizGene(f): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
Anyone else having problems opening whmc website?? Or is it just me?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Christine77: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello everyone, happy sallah!
Plz I wanted to ask if it is ok to use emergency travel certificate instead of visa on arrival? Is dere a particular advantage to using visa on arrival?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2017
Some sites block Nigeria IPs. If you install a Hotspot shield on your device, you'll be able to access the site.

mizGene:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mizGene(f): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Supernaturalone:

Some sites block Nigeria IPs. If you install a Hotspot shield on your device, you'll be able to access the site.

Thanks. Didn't work though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by daks01: 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hello, this thread has helped me with this america journey so much, so big thank you to all the posters. Im a colorado bound mum in November and I've finally gotten affordable hospital but still waiting on doctor. Will update the house when I get full details to help others out.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abuleoshi: 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
mizGene:
Install a good vpn, preferably the paid type. Register for trial period and use the trial period to do all the enquiry you need to do on the website and other American hospital sites that block Nigerian IP.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Oguk(f): 12:52am On Sep 05, 2017
Hello everyone in the house, please I am new here and wants to get information. I want to travel to US to have my baby but am confused where to stay, which hospital will be cheaper for me and if I can get any help like nanny over there because I will deliver through c.s. Please anybody with a good and authentic information shld help me out. I will be due by Nov.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:05am On Sep 05, 2017
Change your browser
I just opened it on chrome, touch, opera
mizGene:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by solfunmi: 7:10am On Sep 05, 2017
uzyfine:
In the spirit of giving back, I already posted my Poe expirience. I successfully had my twin via c section under doctor novoa in elpaso. Both of them were very ok so no issue and no nicu. Cs was done on Friday night and we were discharged on Sunday morning, thanks be to almighty God. I've gotten all their documents . Was waiting for my husband to go for his interview so we can add 1 baby to his ticket and 1 to mine.

Congrats on the birth of your twins. Please where did you stay in El Paso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BOmum: 10:36am On Sep 05, 2017
Hello house... for moms that are currently using xydas or used him previously... please did he attend to you during your anc visits A few of us have been on regular weekly visits and havent set eyes on the man yet just the nurses and all... Im just suorised oh... Any thoughts mommas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hi all, can anyone provide a doctor and hospital in New York that provides correspondence with hospital, doctors fees and appointment letter?
Will appreciate as it is urgent. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
jmarky2:
Hi All,

Please I need your help.

My DW and I got the visa and during our interview we declared our intention to have a baby in New York. After getting the visa we changed our mind to travel to Florida instead and I fear that this might be a cause for dispute at the POE.

Kindly advise on what I need to do to avoid disappointment at the POE.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, pls which doctor and hospital did you use in New York for your visa? Kindly provide the details . Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by amanda0: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
BOmum:
Hello house... for moms that are currently using xydas or used him previously... please did he attend to you during your anc visits A few of us have been on regular weekly visits and havent set eyes on the man yet just the nurses and all... Im just suorised oh... Any thoughts mommas?

Hey,
That's weird after taking vitals weight and all that he is meant to see you for check and scans too. Except he is not around you can see the other two doctors in the clinic. Is not right ask to be seen by him or any other doctor. I guess he now is used to 9ja ppl so the sudden change. Cause I saw every anc last year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.