Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975677 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2017
Richmond, Texas.
harry73:
Good Morning every1 & Happy weekend.
Please i need advice: Me & wify agreed using Oakbend Medical Center & av gotten doc correspondence, almost done filling the b2 form .

My question goes like dis:
When d VO ask where presisly in U.S wify is going? .....which is correct " Richmond in Houston or Richmond in Texas"

Thank u all..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 9:11am On Sep 09, 2017
D4desire:
Pls, I applied for visa on arrival for my new born on Thursday and I got a reply which says received and nothing more. I will be flying back to nig today Saturday, I hope am On the right track . Thanks.

U can't travel with ur LO without the authorization letters that should be sent to you from Nigeria immigration hq, Abuja. Dunno if they can still reply you today considering the fact that they don't work on weekends.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2017
D4desire:
Pls, I applied for visa on arrival for my new born on Thursday and I got a reply which says received and nothing more. I will be flying back to nig today Saturday, I hope am On the right track . Thanks.

You are almost on track but not quite...
Your VOA has not yet been processed.. All you got is an acknowledgment mail showing that they have received your application.
You shouldnt travel until you get the two authorization letters which specifically state that you'll get the visa when you arrive at your destination.

The VOA application process is usually reliable, it takes about 24hrs or so. As you applied on Thurs and didnt get it on fri, it means you'll probably receive the letters on Monday cos of the weekend
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2017
Richmond, Texas. However, people just say Houston

Please i need advice: Me & wify agreed using Oakbend Medical Center & av gotten doc correspondence, almost done filling the b2 form .

My question goes like dis:
When d VO ask where presisly in U.S wify is going? .....which is correct " Richmond in Houston or Richmond in Texas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 10:07am On Sep 09, 2017
didismyname:
Good day Everyone,
Please i want to know if the Consent form that will be notarized by the non-applying parent must have the date of birth? can it be skipped because i want to have it before travelling and also must i have a correspondece from a hospital before i travel due to POE. i dont have any doctor or hospiatl corrrespondence...my brother who resides at New jersey advice that i arrive first before searching for a doctor and am leaving early november but my due date is in dec

The consent form should have the child's date of birth on it.
Your husband can get it done and express mail (dhl,ups) it to you immediately/ the day after you give birth.
You'll get it in 3/4 days max (which is almost the same period you'll have to wait to get your LOs BC)

It seems you didnt get your visa for birthing cos you would have had to use a correspondence for your interview.
ITs better to have one at hand for the POE in other to avoid stories that touch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2017
There are 2 ways to do this if your present visa is a B2 (medical visa)

Either you travel in November before your visa expires and get 6 months stay which covers you as you are due in February and when you come back you can reapply for another visa if you intend to travel again

Or just reapply now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bubbles123: 10:36am On Sep 09, 2017
Lollipop1234:

Will be using Oakbend medical center ,am yet to decide on the Doctor but I have two in mind Dr.Ezekiel or Dr.Westford .......
@ Andrea, pls what's Dr Ezekiek's physician fee like?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bubbles123: 10:41am On Sep 09, 2017
jay247:
Yes.

jaybaba208@gmail.com

Yes ooooo, me. hurgies7@gmail.com.
Lets hook up pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aibisoye0: 10:43am On Sep 09, 2017
Hello house, anybody with idea of cost to birth in Minnesota Minneapolis? Good hospital there as well please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:16am On Sep 09, 2017
sanddieo:
Thank you. i actually thought that doing a dropbox i wouldnt need to go for an interview

Sorry my bad. You are right,drop box doesn't need interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 11:24am On Sep 09, 2017
sanddieo:
[i am planning to go in jan but i am due in february.

i also got dr Xydas contact.

My concern is my visa is to expire november ending. wondering whats the earliest time i can do a dropbox so i am on the safe side.

Please i will appreciate if we can carry each other along

There are two ways to do this if your existing visa is a B2 visa (medical visa)

Just travel in November bf your visa expires, you will get 6months stay which should cover your due date then reapply when you come back if you have need to travel again or

Do dropbox
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2017
veegurl:
I'm traveling nxt week to LA! Looking for mamas traveling ard the same time to hook up with. And also about the accomodation. Please dont delete this.
Who is interested in sharing accommodation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2017
Good day fellow nairalanders,

I recently lost/misplaced my Nigerian passport and I have a valid US visa on it which expires in a month's time. Please what do you suggest I do do to renew the visa. I also need to get a new passport. Looking forward to your useful responses as I don't even know how to go about it. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 12:14pm On Sep 09, 2017
didismyname:
Good day Everyone,
Please i want to know if the Consent form that will be notarized by the non-applying parent must have the date of birth? can it be skipped because i want to have it before travelling and also must i have a correspondece from a hospital before i travel due to POE. i dont have any doctor or hospiatl corrrespondence...my brother who resides at New jersey advice that i arrive first before searching for a doctor and am leaving early november but my due date is in dec

The ideal thing to do is fill the form in the presence of the notary public with all the necessary details and he'll notarise the form. But,that being said,some people still find a way around it and leave date of birth blank. I doubt if the US embassy will notarise one for you if you don't fill in the date of birth.Find out what obtains in the state you're going to,if they accept just any notary public or it must be the US embassy
With regards to the correspondence,it is absolutely necessary to have one. I doubt if cbp will allow you into the US for birthing if you are asked and you can't produce one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hello everyone... has anyone had their baby at the medical centre, Houston? Hospital on Main street to be precise. I need info on accommodation.. cheapest i have got so far is about $1300/month and it isn't even furnished. I need a furnished one in yhr medical centre for a fairer price. Biko helep a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lollipop1234: 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2017
Bubbles123:

@ Andrea, pls what's Dr Ezekiek's physician fee like?

Hmmmm 2k excluding ultrasound and epidural...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayabemm16: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2017
amanda0:
Hey,
Have you made up your mind on hospital? Still trying to get doctors contact for park view. Pls what sites are you looking at for accommodation ?
Hi Amanda. I was able to contact Parkview and I was given their quote. The lady also gave me contacts of doctors, though I'm yet to contact them but I can share with you if ure still interested. I dunno if I'm allowed to post it here.but u can send me a mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blueblood1(m): 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks, appreciate your response.

My mum is going too and we both have good jobs and property to show home ties.

Thanks again

Ramj:

Congrats Blueblood1.

Its not an issue for your wife to take the two kids with her but the issue will be if she is going alone with 2 Kids how will she manage with them alone considering a third is on the way.

So i would advice you all apply as a family with your wife particularly applying for a Medical Visa and the rest of you normal tourist Visa.

And in your Visa Interview preparation ensure you are well prepared for possibility of been asked how your wife will cope with both kids if sheis travelling alone along withyour burden of proof and all.

Success

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blueblood1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2017
Thanks ,I appreciate ur response.

My mum is coming along to take care of the kids. As per ties, we have good jobs and property here.

Babatwi:

The issue here is your ties to home country. If you,wife and 2 children are applying (whole family i guess) what ties do you guys have that can convince the visa officer that you are not eloping to America? Put yourself in the vo's position. Do you and your wife have solid jobs or good investments in Nigeria that it would look foolish to abandon to go and start afresh in America?
If you stay back to act as tie and your wife and 2 kids apply,who will look after her and 3 children after birth?
These are issues you should consider.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sculpt: 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good day. Pls I'm new to this blog. I've read alot about this topic and I must say so educative. Tnx 4 this platform. This is my first baby. I'm due in January and want 2 go to dallas but my biggest problem now is getting a Dr (an reasonably priced one) and also a correspondence. I av called a couple of Dr's and it's either they say they can't take me in at 34weeks when I intend to travel or they say until I come b4 they fix me in d available Dr on seat. I feel I'm going about it the wrong way. Pls can any1 with a doctor's contact in dallas that has done dis before or any suggestions on how I go about it will be highly appreciated. Pls contact me on... obinwebeh@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aibisoye0: 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
Please who has flown Qatar to JFK recently. Hearing that the hours has increased due to the Qatar crisis. Qatar now leaves Lagos earlier. But coming from NewYork the flight going to Lagos would have left. What happens to the passengers then
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2017
Are you pregnant with multiple babies, if yes then you will surely get a no from most doctors at 34weeks. They usually accept latest 32weeks, otherwise I see no reason why they won't take you even up to 36week.

To get hospital in Dallas, search for it on google or the search button here.

Good luck

sculpt:
Good day. Pls I'm new to this blog. I've read alot about this topic and I must say so educative. Tnx 4 this platform. This is my first baby. I'm due in January and want 2 go to dallas but my biggest problem now is getting a Dr (an reasonably priced one) and also a correspondence. I av called a couple of Dr's and it's either they say they can't take me in at 34weeks when I intend to travel or they say until I come b4 they fix me in d available Dr on seat. I feel I'm going about it the wrong way. Pls can any1 with a doctor's contact in dallas that has done dis before or any suggestions on how I go about it will be highly appreciated. Pls contact me on... obinwebeh@yahoo.com thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Greatguy139: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
Please mamas and papas in the house pls who can help me buy playtex nursing bottles. Pls I need help wt someone coming this week will pay the cost
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ajobi21: 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2017
didismyname:
Good day Everyone,
Please i want to know if the Consent form that will be notarized by the non-applying parent must have the date of birth? can it be skipped because i e is in dec
Hello I've been trying to respond to your pm but not working. You can message me on issybaz@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good day Good pple,

Please kindly advice us oo, me and my wife wen to the us embassy after our weeding to have visa to go to us for honey moon but we wre denied. however, i contacted an hospital and a dr in the us and paid the fees we were told to pay and they sent all the necessary document to take to the us but she was denied in both lagos and abuja 3 times but she later delivered the baby here in nigeria. Now we are planing to reapply next year as a family. The ff are the questions i wanted ans for

Can we get the visa then get pregnant the deliver the baby on visiting visa if we are given the Visa by God grace?
Or can i apply alone and go first?

Please wonderful pple in the house help your bro oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hello all,

I wanted to share feedback from my moms visa interview as part of efforts to keep this thread alive.

So she had her interview on Thursday September 7 2017.

Went with the following docs

My data page of my passport

Passport showing my visa page

Statement of account

My hospital correspondence

Payslip, passport, appointment confirmation and all the other usual docs

Here's her transcript

Vo: what do you do?

Reply: I work for Lagos state civil service

Vo: in your application it says you work as a teacher

Reply: yes I am a teacher under the employ of Lagos state civil service

Vo: okay

Vo:what's your reason for going to the US

Reply: to assist my daughter take care of my grandchild when she puts to bed.

Vo: how many kids do you have

Reply: bleep

Vo: where in US are will you be going to

Reply: El Paso Texas (I had already changed my mind as regards destination and have correspondence to that effect. However, in order to be consistent with what was filled on the form I asked her to state Texas.

Vo:does your daughter have a valid US visa

Reply:yes she does

VO: can I have a copy

Reply: hands over a copy

Vo: congrats ma your visa has been approved. You will get a mail stating when to pick up your passport bla bla Val

So now getting ready for my trip.

Any LA September or October mom in the house. Please villa let's book up. Am travelling by end of September.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 4:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
Dear nairalander, entered US via Houston on d 7th sept using Turkish though my final destination was Dallas. Travelled with my son.

My script
POE: passport pls
Me: Handed them
POE: who has d blue passport
Me: my son (pointing at him on d stroller)
Poe: are u a green card holder?
Me: No, I am on a visa
Poe: so u had him here
Me: yes, 2 years ago
Poe: and why are u here?
Me: to have another baby
Poe: your four fingers pls and what do u do
Me: I work with a mortgage bank as the head of operations
Poe: okay. He beckoned on a uniformed man and I was taken to secondary inspection
I waited for 1hr 30min and have connecting flight to Dallas before I was called
Meanwhile my son was singing rain rain go away and other nursery rythm remix for them while time dey go

Inspection: why are u here.
Me: to have a baby
Crp: did u pay for your first baby's bill?
Me: yes
Crp: can I see d receipts?
Me: yes n gave her
Crp: how much do have?
Me: 9486 dollars
Crp: where will u stay
Me: with family friend in Dallas
Crp: not relative? Do u have a relative here?
Me: no family friend, I don't have any relative here
Crp: is your husband coming?
Me: yes in 2 wks
Crp: wat does your husband do?
Me: Banker
Crp: have you benefited from your son's birth in d US
Me: wat benefit pls
Crp: like getting free food, bla bla bla
Me: No
Crp: okay, give me some minutes

I heard her summarizing to her boss or so when he came. She was like She was here 2 years ago to have her baby, from d record paid all her bills, she is here to have another baby, she has enough cash and has made adequate arrangement on where to stay. The oga responded pls let her go.
She called me again and told me to pls pay all my bills same way I did for d first. I responded okay, stamped me in for b2 till march next year.

Claimed my luggages n went for my connecting flight, dey told me dat dey will reschedule me for next day cos I will not meet up and asked if was detained in custom, told them dat I went for secondary inspection and had already handed my luggages to be checked in for d connecting flight. She said dat she will try since I have already transferred my luggages but if it dint work, I shld return to leave next day. While still passing security check I heard them calling my name dat I shld come on board if I am around and I told d security person dat dats my name. She quickly helped me with my hand carry and I strolled my son pass.

I only missed my baby car seat cos I dint see it at luggage claim section will call them later

As for my food stuff, nothing was seized except oil way dey carry for Abj airport dat they won't let it go.
Egusi
Ogbono
Powdered bean
Normal bean
Stock fish
Dried fish
Pepper soup ingrient
Knor
Indomie
Coconut oil
Frozen pap
Peak 123. I saw a note dat one of my bags was open for security check. Nothing taken out.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dyout: 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2017
I want to say a big thank you to coquette86. She is just a wonderful woman. May God continue to bless

In addition to my previous message:

Hospital and Doctor"s bill remain the same

Only had additional Lab fee and physician fee which is about a $1,000.

Babies are back to naija and are doing great.

dyout:
Time to give back on our second POE and child birth:

DW got fit to fly from a Govt hospital and also did port health at the airport, paid 1500 Naira at MM1
On the 2nd of March, DW flew Qatar airline with 14 months super active son and mom to Dallas, had a lay over in Doha accompanied with a hotel.
Got to Dallas about 15:25hrs

DW: Good day sir,
CBP: U welcome to America, how was ur flight?
DW: Fine thank you
CBP: can i have your passport?
CBP: what are u here for?
DW: to have to baby, (CBP was surprised)
CBP: How much do u have
DW: $8k
CBP: Make sure ur pay ur bills and keep your receipts, gave her passport without stamp

While exiting the terminal another CBP intercepted her can i see your passport? DW gave him her passport then told her to follow me (secondary inspection).

CBP: What are you here for?
DW: to have my baby and vacation
CBP: why are you always coming here to give birth? infact i will write to the embassy.
DW: told him it is not a crime to give birth here.
CBP: How much do u have on u?
DW: $8k
CBP: how much is your bill?
DW: about $6k
CBP: That is too little
DW: because i am a self pay patience. Now asked him (CBP), How much did u pay for your childbirth
CBP: about $12k
DW: Because your are using insurance right?
CBP: oh...yea that is true
CBP: stamp her in for 6months.

After getting Tarrant county temporary ID, becos DW sis leaves there. However, she was able to get two Doctor's appointment, check up and also paid for the VD hospital & Doc's fee at (JPS) $4,500.

During one of her routine check up they noticed she has High blood pressure and wanted to admit her, she refused and signed against medical advice. DW told them she knows the reason, that she needs to rest a little. Thereafter, the result was okay.

On the 28th of march the hospital Director saw her records and called her to come for delivering of the 30th which was against what she agreed with the other doctor's to come at 37 weeks. She went on the 30th and was 3cm dilated, she was given oxytocin which now helped her dilated upto 5cm for more than 7hrs. On the 31st of March DW gave birth to twin girls miraculously at 36 weeks plus 2 days, she gave birth thru VD when they were about taken her into the theater for CS. DW and Lo's are doing great, they were discharged on the 2nd of April.

i give thank to the Almighty God who made it possible. No Pre-nursing, No NICU, No CS, No Epidural. Baba God thank you.

Expectant mom, Your case shall like the Hebrew woman in the Bible.

Breakdown of the other bills, will be coming in soon. paed, lab work etc

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hi wintermom,

Jst saw ur pm and tried responding but the mail bounced back.

Kindly drop ur question here or ur email.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.