Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975713 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olathunde(m): 9:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Good Evening,

Abeg o Elpaso mamas, who is at intown suites till Sat, 30th of Sep

I want to book a flight that would get there late and need help to accomodate DW till staff are available

i read on their site they close 7pm and dont work on Sunday (Don't understand how hotel go dey close)

Help o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 1:52am On Sep 18, 2017
fasttrack:

Attached my passport, my wife's passport, baby's passport and baby's itenery.
You bought baby's ticket before you emailed them?
What about processing baby's passport, was it baby's ticket or your own itinerary
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doomel: 7:37am On Sep 18, 2017
Please those that used form A to pay at northside Atlanta, how did you go about it. I havent been able to get an account to pay into till now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SuperDad: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2017
doomel:
Please those that used form A to pay at northside Atlanta, how did you go about it. I havent been able to get an account to pay into till now.

I didn't pay via form A but you could call the NS ATL ObGyn finance office on +14048455432 ...they should give be able to give an account to pay into...i think it's a Wells Fargo Bank one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2017
Supernaturalone:
6 months bank statement, usually current account. Obviously if there are savings, investment accounts in addition, these should be included.

Why current account?? i have been going for Visa interviews and i have never presented current account and i have never been rejected once.

I think any bank account statement will suffice - whether current or savings

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 11:31am On Sep 18, 2017
I didn't say it has to be a current account. Most people would have a current account anyway; any other accounts should be included.

Chijiuche:

Why current account?? i have been going for Visa interviews and i have never presented current account and i have never been rejected once.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Buku: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2017
Chijiuche:

Hi Cbijiuche
My husband is my sponsor ,I think that's why she said I should use current account, do you think it doesn't matter?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 11:49am On Sep 18, 2017
nefertitiram:

For number 1. You got it slightly wrong. Your US visa affixed to your passport suffices as a second means of Id. The county person wanted to sell me the sour grapes of getting a second means of id till I showed him his own requirement list where a valid us visa suffices. So that person just stressed your wifey for nothing. Lolz

Modified: in fact only 1 means of id suffices in the instances below and foreign passport is allowed as the only means! Lolz;

Hello there, could you please share with me the name of the hospital, doc and total estimated bill for your DW in Atlanta, if you don't mind sending me a mail, setportablebamie@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2017
[quote author=debby516 post=58148256][/quote]

Hello there, could you please share with me the name of the hospital, doc and total estimated bill for your DW in Atlanta, if you don't mind sending me a mail, setportablebamie@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doomel: 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
SuperDad:

I didn't pay via form A but you could call the NS ATL ObGyn finance office on +14048455432 ...they should give be able to give an account to pay into...i think it's a Wells Fargo Bank one.

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Buku:

Hi Cbijiuche
My husband is my sponsor ,I think that's why she said I should use current account, do you think it doesn't matter?

It doesnt matter...any account can suffice ( whether current, domiciliary or Savings)...Just ensure he has enough balance to cater for the birth expenses and also have enough to continue running the family after birth.... Also ensure there is steady inflow and outflow into the account....also he should avoid lump sum money lodging. All they want to confirm is that he can pay for the childbirth and still has enough in the account
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kazchick(f): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
Chijiuche:

What did you present. My partner and I are thinking of presenting fixed deposit certificate for the interview. Hope it would suffice. I don't want to be rejected oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
kazchick:

What did you present. My partner and I are thinking of presenting fixed deposit certificate for the interview. Hope it would suffice. I don't want to be rejected oo

I cannot speak for fixed deposits....what my hubby and i have always used is Savings and Domiciliary account statement. i dont know about fixed deposit certificate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lanifat84: 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
Good day all
For all the mamas that have used emirate airways
Please did u fill the medical cert alone or with medif traveling at 34weeks ? Because it's only medical certificate I saw on there website
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ayob3:

Ok, I will do so when I marry a woman

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
You dont need a medif form if your travelling below 36 week, just the medical certificate from Emirates' website.
Lanifat84:
Good day all
Please did u fill the medical cert alone or with medif traveling at 34weeks ? Because it's only medical certificate I saw on there website
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hello Tolummy82 -

A valid visa grants you permission to travel to the US and request entry. CBP ultimately makes the decision whether or not to allow you in to the US. Some people who did not declare the intent to have childbirth in the US are allowed in by CBP. Some are not. If you are planning to have a baby in the US and you did not previously disclose that intent to a VO, you have two options. Your first option, and my recommendation, is to apply for a new visa without using dropbox, have an interview, and disclose your current intent to have childbirth in the US during the interview. This is the safest option, as your intent will then be documented in the system, and you are much less likely to be turned away at the Port of Entry while heavily pregnant after the expense and the long flight to the US. Your second option is to continue with the visa that you have, and bring all the necessary documents to the Port of Entry, and hope for the best.

I want to emphasize this point, as I see it being discussed here often. Sending a "change of intent letter" has no effect. It does not go into the file or into the casenotes, it does not get to CBP in any way. The only way to ensure that your changed intent is documented is to apply for a new visa and have a new interview.

Tolummy82:
Good Evening All,
First post Alert: I want some clarifications about giving birth in the US
I have read many threads on this but havent really seen one where this was dealt with
I have a B1/B2 visa for vacation with my family which I got a month before I got pregnant.
I intend to send an email dro change of intent and go and give birth next year after which my hubby will join me for a month. My question is, hope I wouldnt be denied visa when I want to renew if I take this route or must I travel with my daughter first and later go to give birth(cost is a constraint) but I really want to be well advised so I wouldnt be denied visa next time

Then is it compulsory that my child must travel? She's just 2 plus. If I take the first option (which is cheaper) if I want to do drop box, hope it wouldnt be an issue if she doesnt travel?

If there's (are) anyone who sent change of intent and werent denied subsequent visas at renewal, kindly enlighten me on how you did it, thank you

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nwebele: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello Tolummy82 -

A valid visa grants you permission to travel to the US and request entry. CBP ultimately makes the decision whether or not to allow you in to the US. Some people who did not declare the intent to have childbirth in the US are allowed in by CBP. Some are not. If you are planning to have a baby in the US and you did not previously disclose that intent to a VO, you have two options. Your first option, and my recommendation, is to apply for a new visa without using dropbox, have an interview, and disclose your current intent to have childbirth in the US during the interview. This is the safest option, as your intent will then be documented in the system, and you are much less likely to be turned away at the Port of Entry while heavily pregnant after the expense and the long flight to the US. Your second option is to continue with the visa that you have, and bring all the necessary documents to the Port of Entry, and hope for the best.

I want to emphasize this point, as I see it being discussed here often. Sending a "change of intent letter" has no effect. It does not go into the file or into the casenotes, it does not get to CBP in any way. The only way to ensure that your changed intent is documented is to apply for a new visa and have a new interview.

LagosNIV,

Please what are my chances of visa renewal if I overstayed my allowed period of stay by a month in my last travel. I went on my second travel to deliver. My bump was not noticed and I said i was on vacation (this was all ignorantly as I got the impression that the CPB just hate to see Nigerian pregnant women for no reason and I was advised to wear a big boubou that conceals tummy) so I was given 3 months by the CBP. I begged the hospital to deliver me through CS so that I would leave on time but they refused saying baby comes when he is ready. I was delivered at 42 weeks. When my husband joined me, the CBP asked him why he is returning so soon and he said his wife just delivered. He (CBP) said oh, congrats. Just tell her to pay up all her bills otherwise she would not be allowed entry next time.

I really didnt think about the implication of the overstay then. Until now that I came accross NL and learnt many ideas. Am wondering if it will affect me. Also, I just checked my passports and noticed that b2 was circled on our entry stamps and exit. Nothing was circled in our first visit stamp. Am wondering what that implies, too. Please I need some clarity to prepare myself for interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 6:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
@olathunde

I know delta has just 2 stops for Elpaso and the layover is shorter but the tickets are a bit pricey almost same as quote you got for Emirates.

You could call the airline directly to book.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lanifat84: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2017
debby516:
You dont need a medif form if your travelling below 36 week, just the medical certificate from Emirates' website.
Noted . Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
In addition to this, If you are working, I would advise that you go with a bank statement that supports your income.

kazchick:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2017
Nwebele:

LagosNIV,

I that implies, too. Please I need some clarity to prepare myself for interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 10:43am On Sep 19, 2017
Nwebele:

LagosNIV,

I that implies, too. Please I need some clarity to prepare myself for interview

@Nwebele LagosNIV would never comment on chances i am sure of that. They would only always make you undsrstand the consequences and that you can take your chance.

In all honesty overstayong your allowed duration always comes with some not soo nice consequences. Coupled with the fact that you came in for visiting and then ended up having your baby.

However since you paid your bills which is always good. It is now about been able to convince the VO and explaining why you overstayed. Like yoy had complications and the likes. The hopefully he/she might be emphathetic enough.

As to chances only God knows that for sure. But whenever you go for the interview have all your documents and possible letter fdom the doctor that you had complications.

Also i advice you avoid drop box so you have a chance to explain yourself.
THEN PRAY PRAY PRAY
This is my own opinion. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatukwas: 11:44am On Sep 19, 2017
Dear El-Paso Fam... pls I have a few questions.

1. Is it cheaper to buy a direct flight from Naija to elpaso or buy a flight to a location in the us and local connecting taking into consideration the differences in baggage allowance etc.

2. Has anybody successfully bought cheap ticket to elpaso pls... something in the 200-300k+ range? How did you do it? Any pointers, best times or affordable airlines

3. Is there any good preschool there one can register kids if you are traveling with kids and want them to be going to school? Or other activity centers for kids where you can drop of your toddler?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Niksie: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2017
iykmon:
Where you the person that picked up your luggage yourself to the next airline or was it transferred to the connecting airline by Air France authority.

Hi Iykmon, i guess u are referring to the JFK - CHICAGO leg of the trip? cos i booked the local flight separately (not part of the airfrance ticket), had to get my luggage at JFK and check in again for the next trip.

if you meant the PARIS- JFK trip, airfrance transferred the luggage till JFK!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 11:53am On Sep 19, 2017
If travelling at 34weeks i dont think you need the MEDIF form. The medical certificate will do. Or as in my case, get a fit to fly with the neccessary information as seen on Emirates website

Lanifat84:
Good day all
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 11:58am On Sep 19, 2017
quote author=Mamatukwas post=60614200]Dear El-Paso Fam... pls I have a few questions.

1. Is it cheaper to buy a direct flight from Naija to elpaso or buy a flight to a location in the us and local connecting taking into consideration the differences in baggage allowance etc.

2. Has anybody successfully bought cheap ticket to elpaso pls... something in the 200-300k+ range? How did you do it? Any pointers, best times or affordable airlines

3. Is there any good preschool there one can register kids if you are traveling with kids and want them to be going to school? Or other activity centers for kids where you can drop of your toddler?

Thanks in advance. [/quote]

1 Yes its cheaper to break your fllight. southwest.com (SoithWest airlline)is a good one for local flights plus 2 free 20kg bags.

2. 200-300k to el paaso. mheen thats a no no. But nothing is impossible. If u want el paso direct budget 600k and above.
better fly houston or jfk and flly local to el-paso

3. No idea but i am sure you would get but daay cares can be pricey. Peopplw leave their kids with other mamas if uhave them aroud.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutelass: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
fasttrack:

Call the airline directly to add infants ticket

Alright, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kazchick(f): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Supernaturalone:
In addition to this, If you are working, I would advise that you go with a bank statement that supports your income.

Thanks I would go with my office bank statement. I heard that I have to show that the funds to cover all the expenses should be in my account, that was why I was thinking of moving the sum to my salary account but I think I would move the funds to my other bank accounts as well as create a fixed deposit in my name. Is it also compulsory for my partner to go with me to the interview considering the fact that we are not married.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lanifat84: 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
BootyliciousHon:
If travelling at 34weeks i dont think you need the MEDIF form. The medical certificate will do. Or as in my case, get a fit to fly with the neccessary information as seen on Emirates website
Thank you
Please did u submit the fit to fly certificate at emirate office before your travel date or you just presented it on the day you were traveling ?
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.