Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976688 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Chanbaby:
Pls u people should help me. I am falling sick cos of this flight thing. I told her to do lagos to houston she said turkish airline don't go to houston shocked. I told her someone just went 2days ago. She then agreed to check and found it but the return is way too long. I have decided to use find a way to do it without her. I have tried to open turkish website but it's not opening on my device. Pls can anybody help me. My DH can't do anything cos he works offshore and his work is very tasking. My date is Dec 8- March 22nd. This is the reservation she sent me. Thank u

Would advise you to check Wakanow. Just checked for you dough there are flight of 489k to Houston but the incoming flight is wahala 44hrs is ur total trip time. However there is another one for 551k . outgoing flight is 21hrs and incoming is 14hrs.

After you do this research you already have an idea of the airlines going at an affordable rate, so you can search there website if you don't want to pay with Wakanow. Should be the same price or just little difference. My two cent. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
mommatriplets:

congratulations!!!, just wondering, i be jjc o..
have noticed that people just say use this better healthcare yarn as excuse, even when you/cbp/devil/everybody/baby in the womb/Your MAKER/ knows you are coming to birth for the citizenship, why not just state it, its legal naah.

must be pretty annoying to the poe officials to be brazenly lying in thier face, n the lie isnt even necessary -- pls correct me if am wrong

Please ensure when u go tell em for citizenship. Lol please relate your experience here too.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
@inizo thank u so much. Sheeper on black Friday. ..yay!!! On their site (airlines) or is there a particular site that may work this black Friday deal?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by manlikegb: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
Boladami:
In case anyone needs dollar in the US especially Houston. I have at a good rate.

May I ask how much pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JustHere2Observ(f): 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
Boladami:
In case anyone needs dollar in the US especially Houston. I have at a good rate.

How much pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
threshingfield:

for now its okay, although at night it sometimes gets as cold as 6 degrees, but during the day it goes back up sometimes 16 sometimes even over 20. but it'll definitely get colder, but nothing unbearable.

Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
Pls house..when exactly is black friday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
Pls ooo...hope this question is not out of context......its my first time going to the us and i am going with a toddler....i have about one month to stay there bfor i deliver. Are there no children park around each area where you can take ur child to or even bowling and games? incase you dnt wanna do d daycare thing....there are lots of places like dat in uk wen i visited where u can never get bored all day. Because i for like utilize this flight ticket to the fullest .....instead of sitting bored in the hotel room as if i'm still in naija. Abeg make una lecture me i am houston bound.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by placebo(f): 12:05am On Nov 23, 2016
Hawtmom:

MIHS stopped taking international patients over a year ago. But there are still reasonably priced alternatives around Houston and LA

Thanks Hawtmom for the response. I will do more research.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 12:43am On Nov 23, 2016
oniwoski:
Pls house..when exactly is black friday

Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving. This year thanksgiving is on the 24th so black Friday is the 25th.

Haba na... simple Google would have given you the answer.

Please lets try and Google somethings before asking... thank you!

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cisco123: 1:03am On Nov 23, 2016
firsttymum:
turkish

I don't understand this love for Turkish airline as Arik is 6hr flight while Turkish is over 24hr flight.
I would honestly prefer to do 6hr to JFK then take local flight to Houston and forget that I even travelled than hope for the so called out of this world "in flight entertainment". My 2 cent

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 4:49am On Nov 23, 2016
Fyorgyn:

Black Friday is the day after thanksgiving. This year thanksgiving is on the 24th so black Friday is the 25th.

Haba na... simple Google would have given you the answer.

Please lets try and Google somethings before asking... thank you!

I dont know how to use google. I am a novice. Thanks anyways.......

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bambambig: 5:42am On Nov 23, 2016
cisco123:

I don't understand this love for Turkish airline as Arik is 6hr flight while Turkish is over 24hr flight.
I would honestly prefer to do 6hr to JFK then take local flight to Houston and forget that I even travelled than hope for the so called out of this world "in flight entertainment". My 2 cent

Hi cisco...just a quick correction,arik to jfk from lagos isnt 6hrs.ts about 10hrs.the 6oclock you see is the arrival time of your destination which is Newyork and not the total trip time.i flew arik to newyork...

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fehinebony(f): 5:48am On Nov 23, 2016
cisco123:

Arik is an eleven hour flight to jfk.truth be told the flight is not bad at all being a direct flight from lagos, the only ish is that there is no in flight entertainment, I flew them recently, them celebs sef fly them quite lot these days, tuface, flavour, tekno, kcee, kiss Daniel just to mention a few were on my flight to jfk. Have flown Turkish to London b4 and it has never crossed my mind to fly them again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2016
If am Lagos based, na that Arik I go dey enter direct to JFK, inflight or no inflight e no corncern me.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favoredgal: 6:29am On Nov 23, 2016
ozycy:
If am Lagos based, na that Arik I go dey enter direct to JFK, inflight or no inflight e no corncern me.

As in sleep all the way... go with a novel or an iPad. Inflight entertainment is the least parameter for me

When there is cost and also travel time to consider

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favoredgal: 6:31am On Nov 23, 2016
freshtestimony:

I can't say for the price difference but airfrance is Bae, even in Paris they didn't ask for the fit to fly. But it's good to always get prepared and then go spoil you inside airplane as they kept telling me to stroll inside the plane and gave me enough fruit juice and water

True they don't ask for fit to fly but their baby allowance is 10kg compared to most airlines that is 23kg

Also they are strict with bag allowance unlike BA. Can't forget all my overweight bags and extra bags that BA carried for free for me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 23, 2016
Thanks dear

chibertha:

Do it like yesterday. I did mine in August and traveled in Dec.
So that you don't enter rush rush.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by simababe(f): 8:13am On Nov 23, 2016
slimwendy85:
Hello house, please does anyone have any northerner with a good exchange rate. 460 is breaking my heart......

Abeg don't follow aboki fx. It can be deceiving atimes I sold my left over dollars 2days ago at the rate of 395, while the BTC sold for pple buying at the rate of 400, I saw 455 on abokifx.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2016
simababe:

Abeg don't follow aboki fx. It can be deceiving atimes I sold my left over dollars 2days ago at the rate of 395, while the BTC sold for pple buying at the rate of 400, I saw 455 on abokifx.
Simababe baby, how is the LO doing kiss
Actually there's somewhere that people don't take note of on abokifx that says click me for BDC rates if you click it will give you 400
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 8:23am On Nov 23, 2016
simababe:

This 400 I think is a scam o. U ask all of dem dy'll tell u 400. Tell dem u want to buy, they'll say unavailable. Happened to me yesterday wiv three of dem. Sulah says 408 but not available. And dy all dnt knw wen they'd ve.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by misscanada123: 8:27am On Nov 23, 2016
inizo:

Please ensure when u go tell em for citizenship. Lol please relate your experience here too.

lol. Well the thing about stating 'for citizenship' is what if the officer is one serious conservative who hates the idea that foreigners come in to have baby for citizenship? And he denies entry? Remember it's also legal for cbp to deny entry.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by simababe(f): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2016
chloe7:

Simababe baby, how is the LO doing kiss
Actually there's somewhere that people don't take note of on abokifx that says click me for BDC rates if you click it will give you 400

That's the Fact.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topboyz5: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2016
I have question o.

Please should the medical clearance to fly be from personal doctor or it must be gotten at Port health?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 9:10am On Nov 23, 2016
Chanbaby:
Pls u people should help me. I am falling sick cos of this flight thing. I told her to do lagos to houston she said turkish airline don't go to houston shocked. I told her someone just went 2days ago. She then agreed to check and found it but the return is way too long. I have decided to use find a way to do it without her. I have tried to open turkish website but it's not opening on my device. Pls can anybody help me. My DH can't do anything cos he works offshore and his work is very tasking. My date is Dec 8- March 22nd. This is the reservation she sent me. Thank u

Feeling sorry for all your grief. First things first, collect your money back from the agent if possible. Tell her una no dey go again! Na by force?
Secondly, I have checked and seen that Klm/Airfrance are your best options for those dates, so go directly to their websites and play around with the dates e.g. a day before or a day after for both going and coming will get you about 140k off (445k).
Don't take it easy with the crooked agent, if she is telling you to choose between airlines, then she hasn't paid for your ticket and your money is still with her.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by QueenWest: 9:23am On Nov 23, 2016
Got into Houston on yesterday via Qatar Airways with my almost one year old baby. Had her last Nov here in Houston. Entry was hitch free. No secondary inspection, No agric check despite all the every every i carried and declared. I bless God for favour and thank all you constructive contributors on this forum for the helpful information.

USING QATAR
Getting a reasonably priced ticket was a real struggle. last year I got a good deal on British airways, but this year, the airlines were not smiling at all. couldn't get a ticket earlier as I had some deadlines I needed to sort out at work and to be honest, i had been looking out for a good deal for like 5Months, no show smiley. Anyway, I was undecided between Turkish airlines and Qatar since the price for both me and baby was about 485,000, but I eventually paid for Qatar on Friday 18 Nov as infants are entitled to 23k which is not the case for Turkish. And I personally think Qatar has a better standard. I had to download and complete the mediff form since i was over 33wks. On my departure date, i was directed to get clearance from Port Health, which I did without stress after the 1500 payment. My only issue with using Qatar was that no accommodation was provided in Doha for the about 8hrs layover. considering the fact that i was traveling alone with an infant, it was really stressful as i had to chill in one of the quiet rooms at the airport till my departure time. I didn't budget for hotel in doha, so was prepared for the stress.

I was also able to get a ticket for about 430k on Qatar for my mum who will join me in Dec.

TRAVELEX

I couldn't get PTA as their procedure had changed. I sent my brother as early as 5am to the airport to write my name and collect a number for me, but they had stopped that and now require that you must have checked in and gotten your boarding pass before you can join the queue for PTA.

HOUSTON POE
The officer that attended to me asked what I was in the US for, I told him vacation and delivery. He requested to know where i stayed last year when i was in Houston and if i accepted any aid from the govt, I told him and confirmed that I didn't accept any form of aid. i offered to show him my payment receipts but he said i shouldn't bother. he asked how much cash I had, and i told him $9650. he noted this on the customs form, stamped me in and sent me to customs. The custom guys were more interested in counting my money than checking my bags. So they confirmed the money and said i should go. That was how my indomie and other stuffs i took a chance on scaled tru.

HOSPITAL
Now unto the hospital choice, I intended using oakbend this time, though I used Methodist Sugarland last year, but this Ben Taub, seems like a more reasonable option. Please anyone with more information on Ben Taub, kindly reveal grin. my email is reziadewale@yahoo.com. Help a sister.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KLC2016: 9:56am On Nov 23, 2016
Good day Peeps..

Pls for someone travelling in March ending, when is the perfect time to get good deal of cheap ticket .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 10:41am On Nov 23, 2016
favoredgal:

True they don't ask for fit to fly but their baby allowance is 10kg compared to most airlines that is 23kg

Also they are strict with bag allowance unlike BA. Can't forget all my overweight bags and extra bags that BA carried for free for me

Am still a learner anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by betty1983(f): 11:17am On Nov 23, 2016
Arik is not so bad o. I flew them with my 15months toddler in June to New York. Ofcourse, they only fly to New York for US trips. However our flight was post-poned by one day, I was notified by a text message in the morning, but most passengers weren't notified. I heard them complaining at the airport about how they came, waited and went back home, those who came in from other states slept at the airport as Arik didn't lodge them in any hotel. Anyway, check in and boarding took almost forever and was very disorganised and frustrating. I was eventually given express access because of my toddler and our bags were not searched so all our foodstuffs scaled through. Please note that this wasn't a birthing trip, we only went for a short visit, though my son is a US citizen. The wait continued and I was beginning to wonder if they had rescheduled the flight again. I was so stressed, tired and hungry. My son too had become restless because we had been at the airport all day. We finally took off and flight was good, Nigerian food was served, there was inflight entertainment though with outdated devices. The return leg was much better, well organized and prompt service. All in all, it wasn't so bad, I'll definitely use them again if New York is my final destination. Also note that it wasn't a birthing trip. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
KLC2016:
Good day Peeps..

Pls for someone travelling in March ending, when is the perfect time to get good deal of cheap ticket .
January is a low season spilling Into first week in Feb, black Friday and also December ending.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bolijiks: 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello mamas, papas and mamas to be. In the spirit of giving back, here is my gist of my trip with my 15months old son to Chicago.

Before trip
I got my doctors correspondence, bought ticket with Emirates, got my son's Naija passport a day before our trip which was really stressful as immigration office said they did not have booklets. Had to take my ticket and spent almost the entire day. (note my son is a US citizen and has 2yrs visa, but I noticed they stamped him in to stay in Naija for only one month. So to avoid story, I made sure I got his Naija passport). Even got DH consent on our trip just in case.

PTA
Hmmmmmm, my trip was on the 17th, I got to travelex by 10:30am for a flight of 18:35 to write my name, get tally and queue, then they said the procedure had changed that morning, that they no longer collected online boarding pass but the one given over the counter. Come see fight cos some people slept overnight to join the queue. To make issues worse they stopped selling for about 1-2hrs bcoz of the uproar. Fortunately for me my acct officer in stanbic called me and said they now had $ after almost a week. The rate for travelex was 385 while stanbic was 392.4. I drove to the island got 3k and back to the airport by 2:30. DH joined the queue which was short (10 people) and I went to check in. Long story short by 5:20, they said dey were no more selling to Emirates passengers as it was an hour to our flight. At that point we had just 2 people before us. shocked It was really painful, but thank God for my island trip.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bolijiks: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
Flight
We were to fly to Dubai first, have a 21hr stop over (I chose that intentionally) then to JFK, 7hrs stopover then to Chicago. Trip to Dubai was good, toddlers will always be one but he slept half way through.
Note: Dey asked for my fit to fly in Naija, I showed them but it did not have my due date, fortunately I had other documents from my hospital which had all d other details. In Dubai, nice peeps, attended to us and transported us to our hotel. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner, slept very well and they transported us to the airport for our NY flight. E be like set my belle Tripple with the food I chop for hotel as about two different Emirates staff b4boarding asked for my fit to fly. No Ish, showed them and off we went. In the plane the attendants were awesome, I asked them to help me get an empty set of 2-3seats for me to lay my baby, they got me options and helped me relocate. Fortunately my son slept for about 8-9hrs. Then we arrived at JFK.

Poe
We got there about 8:30am and we're the only flight at immigration then, did the e-book entry thingy, there were 3 options usa/canadian citizen, USA visa and something else. Did for my son with the first option and the 2nd option for me got our print out and proceeded to the cbp. When I got to his presence, we exchanged greetings, Gd morning, Gd morning and I gave him our passports, he asked how long we would be staying, I said 8weeks and he asked why? Then I responded - To have my baby. He den said Oo. Left his seat, asked if I had any bank statement, I said no but I had 9k cash. Then he stamped me in for 6months. I proceeded to Agric, dey asked what I wanted to declare, told them, pepper, egusi, garri, pondo and d guy stamped something and said I could go without them scanning my bag, den I told him I noticed they did not stamp my sons passport, he responded that, it was bcoz he was a citizen and dey don't have to do it except we insisted. I told him that was fine and off I went.
Pushed my baggage to Emirates who shipped my bags to the local flight they had booked for us (jet blue). We went there by train, asked if I could get an earlier flight but none was available. So we waited for the remaining hours, was surprised how time flew and den we boarded our last flight. And in 3hrs we were in Chicago. D chill that day at Chicago was one in town. Our host picked us up and off we went.

Now waiting for my momma and den LO. I hope my long post wasn't tiring. Thanks to everyone.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.