Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979330 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2017
Hi, you have to understand that each applications will be treated according to it's merit. Immediately you apply for another visa to declare your intention to give birth, your pre existing visa will be cancel without prejudice. The VO officer will decide either to issue you the visa for the purpose of giving birth or not. You may be issue the visa and you may be denied based on how you can convince the VO. If your new visa application is denied, you can't use the pre existing visa anymore because it would be cancel immediately you put in for new visa application.
You will surely be call for interview because you are seeking visa for another purpose, so it's better to book for interview if you want to apply to declare your intention to give birth when you already have a valid visa not issued for the purpose to give birth.
As I said earlier, yes such person may be denied. It depends on how you can defend yourself during the interview.
The only legal way is to apply for new visa and declare your intention to give birth. Best of luck.

smokeydrinky:

Hi justwise. Where some one with an existing visa which has been used for the purpose it was gotten for gets pregnant along the line, and applies for another visa in other to clearly declare intention but gets denied, what becomes the status of the pre existing visa?

Such application is it via dropbox or what?
Can such a person be denied at all?
Is there a legal way to declare intention without applying for another visa? Since change of intent letter don't seem to carry much weight again?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by daks01: 8:20am On Oct 30, 2017
Pls did you need a transit visa, flying Virgin Atlantic...and If you didn't, how long was your stopover pls?

Thanks superdad, as for virgin God is watching them! I didn't need a transit visa cos I have a valid uk visa although I didn't need it cos my layover was about three hours. But there were lots of people on my flight that had long layovers like 20hrs that were told in Naija when they were checking in that they'll be given transit visas and put in hotels when they get to Heathrow. Only for people to get there and those ones told them nope! The only thing they did was the ones that had valid uk visas were told to go out of the airport and sort themselves out, the ones that didn't were told to go stay at one lounge like that. I don't know how the lounge was tho but I don't think it could've been that comfortable for that long period, I really felt bad for them. There was even pregnant woman going to LA the following day, they told her the same thing. So that's my gist about virgin, don't fall for their bobo in Naija!

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2017
SuperDad:
Sorry to learn about your refusal ugoguchy!
As adviced by many here, Pls reapply and reapply ASAP!
You are on the side of truth & propriety...you did things properly, as best as you could.
From my 'small' experience, people with valid cases who were turned down mostly are given when they reapply ASAP...it seems to communicate some boldness & confidence as to the credence of your facts & circumstances at being deserving of a visa... #MyOpinion
VOs are human and like all humans, sometimes facts can be misunderstood, not-properly-read etc. A few pages back, someone was called for an interview after DropBox, only to be told she was called in erroneously.
Another VO, would be unwise not to more carefully review the facts at your reapplication.

Secondly, your husband has a valid visa. The strength of one's spouses travel history should also be a plus when reapplying...especially if you are planning to travel together at your planned trip .

Thirdly, the beauty of the truth is consistency of the facts. Don't fall to the temptation to "polish" a few facts based on suggestions here and there... Stick to your story, since it's true

Finally, maybe you should do Lagos.
Thanks @superdad am working on it already

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by daks01: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2017
Lemme wade into this issue of information sharing and research. Yes a lot of people like being spoon fed not only on nairaland sef, I know someone that didn't want to take the pain to do this research and got her friend that had gone on a missionary journey to help her. That one did everything, all she needed to do was carry her things and cross PoE, only for her to get to Chicago and they sent her back due to some inconsistencies in her answers (she wasn't confident cos she didn't even know some of the things in her paper work, such carelessness ehn!)
People should take the pain to research, I spent hours and lots of data and airtime on research cos there was no info about Colorado here (even if there was I would've still searched cos there's always a better deal somewhere), funny thing is when I started I was only getting hospitals that we're quoting $10k and above (on just hospital o!) even my cousins started discouraging me sef that we might never find until I finally got this one. In fact my cousin didn't believe me, she went there herself to confirm the cost and all which they did. All that research gave me so much confidence for PoE cos I knew I got all the information myself firsthand, no them say them say.
Like people have said, since we're spending a lot of money on this journey we need to invest as much time into it to be sure we're getting right. There so many hospitals here that have affordable deals which I found out when I 'researched' and it wasn't even difficult. I'm so invested that the front desk lady at my doctor's office is already my padi cos I called and called her tire.
Please let's take the pain and do this little work, it's your money.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Curiiuz77: 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
for the doctors bill...for mother and pediatrician bill for baby after delivery

cutegold:

Mistake using medicaid? You mean for the mother or for the baby?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayompipi: 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
anizi:
Still looking for April 2018 mama/s Richmond Tx bound from march -may to share 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in sugarland preferably. I am Using Oakbend and dr F, will attend clinic at his sugarland office, hospital visit hopefully would be just once for delivery, i would rather find a place at sugarland as it central and also close to the hospital, Never too early to start arrangement.

Anizi please reply my msg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayompipi: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
Please i sent u an email
Am a first time nl user i realli dontknw how nl works
I need to speak wiv u
My wife edd is may
Please reach out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
daks01:
Lemme wade into this issue of information sharing and research. Yes a lot of people like being spoon fed not only on nairaland sef, I know someone that didn't want to take the pain to do this research and got her friend that had gone on a missionary journey to help her. That one did everything, all she needed to do was carry her things and cross PoE, only for her to get to Chicago and they sent her back due to some inconsistencies in her answers (she wasn't confident cos she didn't even know some of the things in her paper work, such carelessness ehn!)
People should take the pain to research, I spent hours and lots of data and airtime on research cos there was no info about Colorado here (even if there was I would've still searched cos there's always a better deal somewhere), funny thing is when I started I was only getting hospitals that we're quoting $10k and above (on just hospital o!) even my cousins started discouraging me sef that we might never find until I finally got this one. In fact my cousin didn't believe me, she went there herself to confirm the cost and all which they did. All that research gave me so much confidence for PoE cos I knew I got all the information myself firsthand, no them say them say.
Like people have said, since we're spending a lot of money on this journey we need to invest as much time into it to be sure we're getting right. There so many hospitals here that have affordable deals which I found out when I 'researched' and it wasn't even difficult. I'm so invested that the front desk lady at my doctor's office is already my padi cos I called and called her tire.
Please let's take the pain and do this little work, it's your money.

Perfect! See the joy derived because you are well knowledgeable about your findings smiley smiley I don't intent having more babies now but I still research and have some sweet deals; info saved for when I'm ready for another baby grin

When you tell people research, dey sAY No and what you to give them answers to their questions ASAP cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
Ayompipi:
Please i sent u an email
Am a first time nl user i realli dontknw how nl works
I need to speak wiv u
My wife edd is may
Please reach out

Hello newbie, welcome to a world of possibilities.

if you want to send a private message to some one click their name and you will see send mesaage to so and so.

If you want to quote or reply to some has written just click on quote and voila.

welcome once again

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
SuperDad:
Hi Ayob3.
As someone stated earlier, it depends on the doctor (and also the hospital the doctor has delivery privileges in...as some doctors accept but sometimes clearly state that their hospitals don't.)
Since your doctor has stated they accept, i'd advice the results are at least the typed kind...as results from most general hospitals in Nigeria (though valid here) are hand-written, which is unacceptable in many places around the world.

Thank you SuperDad

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pompoms:

Any. As long as it's not hand written.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaOO: 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2017
Curiiuz77:

When was the Medicaid taken (what year)? Have you been back to the US since then? And are you pregnant again?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kaakaa(f): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
@justwise and nerfetitiram, ayam not understanding your point pls,,,,

From you respose to @ramj are you saying if i find a good hospital with awesome self pay package, i shouldnt come and share here so that agents wont use it? What of the non agents it will help?....i dont get it please.... or did i miss the point?

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by isaleko: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
so i just wanted to come back and tell. i got my visa renewed. i wasnt called for an interview. thank God

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
Curiiuz77:

Stay away from Medicaid in whatever form or for whatever reason,na complete bad market
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fruitfulmum: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
I feel its unfair to have information and not want to share cos of agent...if that is how it should be google sef will hoard info.

I just pity people who might find it difficult to research.Agent self dey research.even agents will send PM to you and you will respond.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by smokeydrinky: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
isaleko:
so i just wanted to come back and tell. i got my visa renewed. i wasnt called for an interview. thank God

Congrats. I tap into this favout web the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by smokeydrinky: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
kristinbaby:
Hi, you have to understand that each applications will be treated according to it's merit. Immediately you apply for another visa to declare your intention to give birth, your pre existing visa will be cancel without prejudice. The VO officer will decide either to issue you the visa for the purpose of giving birth or not. You may be issue the visa and you may be denied based on how you can convince the VO. If your new visa application is denied, you can't use the pre existing visa anymore because it would be cancel immediately you put in for new visa application.
You will surely be call for interview because you are

seeking visa for another purpose, so it's better to book for interview if you want to apply to declare your intention to give birth when you already have a valid visa not issued for the purpose to give birth.
As I said earlier, yes such person may be denied. It depends on how you can defend yourself during the interview.
The only legal way is to apply for new visa and declare your intention to give birth. Best of luck.

Thank you dear. You are right, and yes, a visa officer here on nl said same thing. But I wonder why it is so? After all medical tourism is allowable under b1/b2 no? Or could it be because Nigerians don abuse am tey tey??

Now I understand the whole fuss about sharing hospital info here. I mean, I have advised like 4 friends of the need to send change of intent letter wen dey wanted to use their Visa for birthing now day one self don cast. No wa o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
kaakaa:

From you respose to @ramj are you saying if i find a good hospital with awesome self pay package, i shouldnt come and share here so that agents wont use it? What of the non agents it will help?....i dont get it please.... or did i miss the point?

Do what you like. Its your choice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
Not always the case. I have gone for an interview with a visa I used for a business meeting. When I discovered I was pregnant, went for interview and the VO said I should go ahead and use existing visa since it was still valid; they would note my intention on their system. Also, he kept my receipt open so I could use for next renewal.

kristinbaby:
You will surely be call for interview because you are seeking visa for another purpose, so it's better to book for interview if you want to apply to declare your intention to give birth when you already have a valid visa not issued for the purpose to give birth.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
I agreed with you, not always the case. In your own case, the VO let you use your existing visa but it may not be like that in another person case. Thanks for the input.

Supernaturalone:
Not always the case. I have gone for an interview with a visa I used for a business meeting. When I discovered I was pregnant, went for interview and the VO said I should go ahead and use existing visa since it was still valid; they would note my intention on their system. Also, he kept my receipt open so I could use for next renewal.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozymes: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
Congratulations on your POE. Seems JFK is always with ease. I wish you safe delivery. You may find it difficult to renew your visa after it expired. God bless you.

Are you a VO please?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hi everyone!! I paid for expedited US passport application today for my LO and was told to come back in 3 days time. Just wondering since I've always read on this forum it comes out same day or max next day. Please advise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by smokeydrinky: 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
Supernaturalone:

Wow. So the endpoint remains that one needs to go for another interview. OK o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baddo(m): 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
kaakaa:

You perspective
1. You found the hospital yourself through researching right? No one gave you the info for free.
2. You want to share. It's your right to share as long as you don't default on the rules of the forum.

Me perspective
a) I found the hospital by myself through researching, no one gave me this info for free
b) I don't want to share. It is my right not to share as long as I don't default on the rules of the forum.

Honestly by sharing or not sharing this info will be sought and most likely will be found. I just rather we all do more discovering rather that be like the lost men in mad max fury where at the end of civilization they eat up available resources before they go in search of new resource.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
kaakaa:

Don't place a free ad for hospitals here, the same way you researched and got those deals let others do the same.

Its not fair on companies that paid to place an ad here while other companies are getting a free ride.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iykmon: 1:53am On Oct 31, 2017
You can use your existing VISA for giving birth, so far you have the money and you have correspondence with a doctor In the US. You just have to be confident during the interview at the point of entry.
Applying for a new VÏSA will automatically cancel the existing one you have.
Try and read previous trends you will see people that have use their VÏSA other than the reason for previous visit.
All these people want to see is that you return back home and pay your bills and have your receipt. Your job back home matters to the VO. Just the truth is what they want to hear.

smokeydrinky:

Hi justwise. Where some one with an existing visa which has been used for the purpose it was gotten for gets pregnant along the line, and applies for another visa in other to clearly declare intention but gets denied, what becomes the status of the pre existing visa?

Such application is it via dropbox or what?
Can such a person be denied at all?
Is there a legal way to declare intention without applying for another visa? Since change of intent letter don't seem to carry much weight again?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaOO: 2:08am On Oct 31, 2017
iykmon:
You can use your existing VISA for giving birth, so far you have the money and you have correspondence with a doctor In the US. You just have to be confident during the interview at the point of entry.
Try and read previous trends you will see people that have use their VÏSA other than the reason for previous visit.
All these people want to see is that you return back home and pay your bills and have your receipt. Your job back home matters to the VO. Just the truth is what they want to hear.

Haaaa!!!!! shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 5:18am On Oct 31, 2017
iykmon:

I beg to disagree, among other things,it also matters to the VO and the CBP officer at the Poe that you didn't misrepresent,the issue of credibility is also very important to them. The said person might be lucky to get into the us,but who can confidently say her visa would be renewed or not.my 2 cent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gazu007: 6:17am On Oct 31, 2017
lesg4:
hello everyone thanks for your very helpful posts. im new to this forum and im just trying to get a hang of how it all works. i am planning on having my baby at John stroger cook county hospital in chichago and i need anyone who has their baby there to advise. for now i heard all cost inclusive of epidural for VD is $3100 and 4500 for CS. is that right? pls anyone who knows sld advise thanks.

my friend gave birth their last year and it's very confirmed. it's a packaged deal. however John stroger is a government hospital and I have a friend who was denied entry Becos she used a govt hospital to birth. I'm not sure what hospital it was though. my edd is mid march please when is yours ? so we can maybe rub minds
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gazu007: 6:18am On Oct 31, 2017
freshdad:
For the bolded, please confirm before setting out. Word reaching me is that there is an upward review on cost in that hospital.

thanks appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.