Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979132 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TeeteeK: 1:26am On Dec 07, 2016
You can buy ahead online(nycairporter.com) using your naija card,I used my Gtbank card.

funmikay:

Did you buy ticket from the LaGuardia airport or you bought ahead. If you bought ahead,how did you sort out the payment

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 4:03am On Dec 07, 2016
Wow. Kudos. Baba God twale!
Fyorgyn:
Chei... Chloe7
I want to be like you when I grow up oh... Vacation in this recession... tongue

In other news, I had my baby last week at St.Francis LA.

Mama and Baby are fine.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gold638: 5:33am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello house. Please, does who flew Qatar airways for their missionary journey, how were you able to add baby's ticket to yours? And what was the charge? Your swift response will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dami20: 5:34am On Dec 07, 2016
Good morning mamas in the house, just tried booking an appointment and the earliest date I got is 3rd of January but I will love to travel in December. Pls does anymore know how I can get a closer date or an agents contact that can help me.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 6:38am On Dec 07, 2016
Yes it is the same access visa card. I tried a friend's access mastercard but it failed (I guess she needs to activate it for such transactions) so i paid with the visa and it was successful.....and yes I used it for the local flight within US
manlikegb:

@semilore12 please is the access bank card you mentioned the normal access bank visa card? And also, the american airline ticket you got, is it for local flights within the US? Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 7:17am On Dec 07, 2016
dami20:
Good morning mamas in the house, just tried booking an appointment and the earliest date I got is 3rd of January but I will love to travel in December. Pls does anymore know how I can get a closer date or an agents contact that can help me.

Thanks

I think someone here advised that you should keep checking around mid night upwards,at times closer dates pop up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dami20: 7:47am On Dec 07, 2016
Thanks dere5, it was around 2am I got that date, will keep checking but any other suggestion will be highly welcomed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 9:28am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello house. Please i want to confirm from the experienced pple here, is it possible for visa to be revoked with /without prejudice at stop over's like Istanbul by USA officials. An agent just informed me that 3 of there clients were affected at Istanbul not there POE oo!

He said they got it for conference but using it for vacation was the reason stated.

Is this possible cos am not understanding ??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 07, 2016
fatima04:
Hello house. Please i want to confirm from the experienced pple here, is it possible for visa to be revoked with /without prejudice at stop over's like Istanbul by USA officials. An agent just informed me that 3 of there clients were affected at Istanbul not there POE oo!

He said they got it for conference but using it for vacation was the reason stated.

Yes it is very possible, there was a link of a youtube video posted here a while ago where the u.s visa of the preggy woman was revoked here in Lagos because she wasn't using it for the purpose she declared in the embassy, the u.s will always have officials stationed in major airports where people transit to the u.s and they select at random for screening or even the officials of the airline themselves will do the screening, i'm sure some mama's here have experienced this. Th morale of the story is use your visa for the purpose you got it for before digression.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2016
fatima04:

It is very possible,in so far as they are officials of the Us customs and border patrol agency,Visa can be revoked by them for any reason they deem fit. It is even stated that your visa doesn't grant you entry into the Us,that the final right to enter the Us lies with the CBP office
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 07, 2016
good morning everyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 11:39am On Dec 07, 2016
I want to apply for visa for childbirth....and DH also want to apply for vacation to write a professional exam in the US and to assist me through the rigours of childbirth. It happens that the date of the exam is close to my EDD and he will be around in the US by then. Do you advise that we apply together for visa or we apply separately? I want to be careful so that I don't get bounced cos of this no social ties thing...and this is our first time, and haven't travelled before.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2016
Pls can any one help with dollar at a good rate. Don't even have a single dollar. A bureau d change guy adviced I buy Euro and change to dollar at my connecting flight destination (amsterdam) cos I'm using klm. How una see am? Pls help me let the stress not make me go into labour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
My dear open access since they allow $200
Speak to bankers close to you,they can get u at a cheap rate like 450
Access has a special card they give for u to withdraw abroad speak to a banker there wasn't paying attention but heard some pips discussing it u can withdraw $1000.
Toast as many aboki' as you know offer to buy PTA at like 430
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2016
Your final best bet look for someone flying Qatar USA to Nigeria buy their ticket for them in naira and collect d dollar ,Qatar rate is 307
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
finegirlna:
good morning mamas pls how do people get called for interview through dropbox is it by email or text or phone call.and has anyone been denied even without being called for interview ( i mean d embassy returning ones passport to dhl without visa in it). thanks
They will send U an Email, and tell u the time & the exact day of the week that u can come for your interview. No i haven't heard or seen anyone whose passport has been returned to DHL without Visa on the Passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
1. Apply separately.
2. If you get the visa, and only when you have travelled, should your husband appear at the embassy for his interview.
3. He should state that he intends to first attend the exams and then later be with you, during your childbirth.
All the best.

idonhear:
I want to apply for visa for childbirth....and DH also want to apply for vacation to write a professional exam in the US and to assist me through the rigours of childbirth. It happens that the date of the exam is close to my EDD and he will be around in the US by then. Do you advise that we apply together for visa or we apply separately? I want to be careful so that I don't get bounced cos of this no social ties thing...and this is our first time, and haven't travelled before.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
drafrican:
Your final best bet look for someone flying Qatar USA to Nigeria buy their ticket for them in naira and collect d dollar ,Qatar rate is 307

Don't know how to go about that. My flight is my 10:55pm tomorrow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
Chanbaby:

Don't know how to go about that. My flight is my 10:55pm tomorrow.
Do you have a US account?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
Thank you for your response, the time interval between the time I will be travelling and that of his is just like 3 weeks, and the deadline for change of exam venue would have passed as at the time I will be travelling (what if, he was denied...not praying for that though) the exam is not written in Nigeria...It is only written in 2 countries in Africa.

KaptainAfrika:

1. Apply separately.
2. If you get the visa, and only when you have travelled, should your husband appear at the embassy for his interview.
3. He should state that he intends to first attend the exams and then later be with you, during your childbirth.
All the best.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
Chanbaby:
Pls can any one help with dollar at a good rate. Don't even have a single dollar. A bureau d change guy adviced I buy Euro and change to dollar at my connecting flight destination (amsterdam) cos I'm using klm. How una see am? Pls help me let the stress not make me go into labour.

I won't advise you buy Euro and then change to dollar at Amsterdam o, you are likely to loose money if you do that o. Pls calculate it very well o. Wish you all the best with your dollar hustle.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 4:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
idonhear:
Thank you for your response, the time interval between the time I will be travelling and that of his is just like 3 weeks, and the deadline for change of exam venue would have passed as at the time I will be travelling (what if, he was denied...not praying for that though) the exam is not written in Nigeria...It is only written in 2 countries in Africa.

Will advise you guys should risk it,apply together, do your homework and pray for favour. Who is to say, they might just give both of you.No body knows for sure how these visa officer's mind work,i have read here of plenty husbands and wives that applied together and got it. Nothing ventured,nothing gained.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by worry359(m): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
dere5:

I won't advise you buy Euro and then change to dollar at Amsterdam o, you are likely to loose money if you do that o. Pls calculate it very well o. Wish you all the best with your dollar hustle.

People are really struggling to get Dolla almost at any price.
If you can get Euro that may be a way forward but not cheap.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
sugah:

Do you have a US account?

I don't have m but can't I use my host account?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
Austine2020:
They will send U an Email, and tell u the time & the exact day of the week that u can come for your interview. No i haven't heard or seen anyone whose passport has been returned to DHL without Visa on the Passport.
Thank u dear[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
That is possible. I have been interviewed in Paris enrout to the usa by their officials in 2011. Anything could have happened.

fatima04:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
That's true but if you go through the transcripts, you can pick definite reasons why there were given, its not random for e.g
1. Married for 5 years plus
2. Jobs that require the presence, e.g branch manager, head of departments, company owner e.t.c
3. Kids, at least one.
4. Length of working at place of work
My opinion.
dere5:

Will advise you guys should risk it,apply together, do your homework and pray for favour. Who is to say, they might just give both of you.No body knows for sure how these visa officer's mind work,i have read here of plenty husbands and wives that applied together and got it. Nothing ventured,nothing gained.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
Chanbaby:

I don't have m but can't I use my host account?
I 'might' be able to help you depending on how much you need.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
pls house what does this mean Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.). does it mean i will be called for an interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
sugah:

I 'might' be able to help you depending on how much you need.

I will really appreciate it. I have replied ur pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
finegirlna:
pls house what does this mean Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.). does it mean i will be called for an interview
It simply means that they haven't decided on your application yet, But u have to check your applications regularly to know the outcome or to know if interview is required or not.then if no interview is required,that means your Visa will be issued. I think they will give u the visa,because if they want to call u for interview,they would have sent u an Email straight, thats how they called my wife for interview when she did Dropbox.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.