Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975674 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 11:24am On Dec 09, 2016
hahahahahahahahaha i now understand better. thanks

sugah:

Yup.
Non technical explanation... Its human beings that carry the bags during loading..lifting 46kg bags is bound to break someone's back grin
Technical... Floor loading/weight/centre of gravity blah d blah

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2016
firsttymum:

1. Change of intent
It didn't work for u. Inshort u said conference... Conference means ur office has approved u r good to go the only thing holding u is a visa. What if u were given a visa with annotation?

2. BIL
U shldnt have mentioned him. U wanna have ur baby with so much money u shld b able to research urself or at least act like you researched urself.

3. What Nefertitiram said

Reapply you'll get by God's grace
Firsty you've succeeded in confusing me.
Na morning sickness do you like this? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
chibertha:
I believe the loop hole is you not mentioning change of intent. Reapply and this time try to drop it in at the interview.

yes,change of intent letter would have made a difference if she had mentioned it to the VO.because she is not the first person to get their visa for vacation but used it for only childbirth. Infact a lot of people has done the same and renew their visas through Dropbox successfully without being called for interview. I have seen here someone that was refused renewal because the VO thought the bill she paid for her Child delivery is too small,while some mothers that used thesame hospital with the same bill still renew Visa through Drop box without being called for interview.So she just have to reapply and she will fine, Goodluck to her.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
MamaP003:
Please what questions was she asked and was she given the visa?

She was asked why she said that she will stay 2weeks and stayed 2months, also what was she doing in the US for 2months leaving her job & Family.And if she gave birth in the US. She answered that she didnt give birth in the US and she was enjoying her Holiday travelling from one city to another since they stamped her in for 6months,also that she has used the visa for vacation again & stayed 3weeks. But she was denied. And i was so angry,but she reapplied and another VO gave her the VISA back and told her that its not offence to stay for 2months in the US since she was stamped in for 6months,but they wanted to know what she was doing in the US for that Long.

In your own case, if you had told the VO that u notified the Embassy via Email of your intention to use the visa for Childbirth,with the print out of the Email evidence to show for it,that could have made a very big difference. because thats where the VO anger comes from & thats why u were called for the interview in the first place to know why u were given a visa for vacation but u never used it for vacation rather u used it for childbirth. Just reapply,another VO will give u back your visa and might not see anything wrong in your case.The VO's are different in everything,.so reapply u will be fine.its normal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by odirinm(f): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=justwise post=50621121][/quote]

Pls an in Chicago and I want to get the Etc for LO. Her passport is delayed and our flight is supposed to be on 13/12/16. Pls I need an agent that is fast to help achieve this. Anyone?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
pls Austine2020 I pmd u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
finegirlna:
pls Austine2020 I pmd u
Sorry Pls i dont know how to open the PM,Unless u can teach me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
Austine2020:
lol pls can i get your email address
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
Just replying her mail that's all.

Austine2020:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
chibertha:
Just replying her mail that's all.

Ok,I have done that through my Email.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
To all the previous posters and future readers:
I wish we can feel the wind of change since the Trumpster won. Both cbp and vos are now hyper tech. Its not like anybody sent them o! Even NY POE has changed. So what flew avi flied cheesy before no longer flies now (na winch undecided ?)
This is no longer the times when folks handled stuff with levity. All the closet racists and beefers are now expressing their mind freely.
If you got your visa for vacation, don't have a story. Use it. After birthing , get a letter of non indebtedness and if possible sef 'a letter of non recourse to American public funds' grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ajobi21: 2:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello house, Please, I am about to do dropbox but one of the instructions on the letter is do not drop anything not requested. Does that mean I cannot drop my receipts in my dropbox just to show my non-indebtredness. Experienced persons...pls answer o. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by odirinm(f): 2:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello, I need to get the Emergency travel certificate for my. LO. am I Chicago and I need it urgently. Can someone help with an agents contact that can make it happen fast? Any one Pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
ajobi21:
Hello house, Please, I am about to do dropbox but one of the instructions on the letter is do not drop anything not requested. Does that mean I cannot drop my receipts in my dropbox just to show my non-indebtredness. Experienced persons...pls answer o. thanks
No, u just get them the Exact documents they requested. If they need your receipts or want to know how u gave birth,then they will call u for interview,it is that time that u can go to the Embassy with all the receipts & documents that u may need to support your application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
Yes

ajobi21:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Graceoged: 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
hi, my sisters. anyone giving birth in california or gave birth in california. expecting your replies. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
drafrican:
@ chan baby truth is ussling with traders too)or for CBP to ask for ur cash and you don't have something substantial.
What was your budget at the embassy ? Most mothers have noted they like to hear you have $10,000 cash on you or in ur American account.

@drafrica what if the money is on your dollar card(issued in 9ja)instead of holding $10k cash.

Pls what sort of food stuff are allowed across and which ones will they bounce. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaP003: 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
1. I didn't apply for conference. I applied for VACATION. I had already gotten an appointment date before I knew I was pregnant and I didnt know about about nairaland until long after I got my visa(wen I eventually decided to use it for birth/researching for hospital). I truly wanted to go on vacation but ticket then was very expensive so I just rested and stayed back to work.
2. Noted
3. Thanks

firsttymum:

1. Change of intent
It didn't work for u. Inshort u said conference... Conference means ur office has approved u r good to go the only thing holding u is a visa. What if u were given a visa with annotation?

2. BIL
U shldnt have mentioned him. U wanna have ur baby with so much money u shld b able to research urself or at least act like you researched urself.

3. What Nefertitiram said

Reapply you'll get by God's grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaP003: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
For some strange reason, I have the same feeling. I will. Thanks alot.

chibertha:
I believe the loop hole is you not mentioning change of intent. Reapply and this time try to drop it in at the interview.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaP003: 8:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
I have contacted doctoresparati since i went thru dem. waiting for their reponse.

As per ur comment on itemized bill, i had that but cos of the doctoresparati mindset VOs some time back, didnt want their name to show up at all at my interview.

nefertitiram:

@mamap003,

You will need to contact the hospital and explain the situation to them. You need a letter that says you did not take public aid and you paid all your bills as agreed in your inital contract. An itemized bill is what you get from the hospital/doctor's office from inception that you will pay so so so amount for so so so procedure, and you paid accordingly.

Good luck bae
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaP003: 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
Thank you very much!

Austine2020:
She was asked why she said that she will stay 2weeks and stayed 2months, also what was she doing in the US for 2months leaving her job & Family.And if she gave birth in the US. She answered that she didnt give birth in the US and she was enjoying her Holiday travelling from one city to another since they stamped her in for 6months,also that she has used the visa for vacation again & stayed 3weeks. But she was denied. And i was so angry,but she reapplied and another VO gave her the VISA back and told her that its not offence to stay for 2months in the US since she was stamped in for 6months,but they wanted to know what she was doing in the US for that Long.

In your own case, if you had told the VO that u notified the Embassy via Email of your intention to use the visa for Childbirth,with the print out of the Email evidence to show for it,that could have made a very big difference. because thats where the VO anger comes from & thats why u were called for the interview in the first place to know why u were given a visa for vacation but u never used it for vacation rather u used it for childbirth. Just reapply,another VO will give u back your visa and might not see anything wrong in your case.The VO's are different in everything,.so reapply u will be fine.its normal.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Mamap003
Please just reapply God will do it, I also did Dropbox and my status went from ready to administrative processing and am praying seriously not to b called for an interview. A friend of mine that got her visa for conference went for the conference then after it had her baby then renewed d visa got it and went for vacation only to go for renewal again thru Dropbox and was called and the vo kept on asking y she used d conference visa for child birth and she was shocked bcs she has renewed that visa. That's how she got denied that she lied during that first visa interview, this is supposed to be her third renewal.so just pray
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 10:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hi all pls i have fee questions

1 Has anyone travelled within the past 1 week..and what was d experience at the travelex office. Are they still selling dollars?

2 Any preggy going to elpaso end of Dec or early January with info on good but cheap accommodation? (Pls let's hookup)

3 How much do the following Cost: 1 US passport normal. 2 Expedited. 3 Naija Visa

4 Any bank selling PTA and at what price?

Will appreciate helpful responses.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaP003: 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Na wa. It is well o. I just called the hospital and they pulled up my details on their system and confirmed I don't owe them. I asked for a covering letter saying I'm not indebted to them. The lady I spoke with said she will send me two documents(which is what they have sent previously to people who called with this issue) but can only send by mail to the address on my account as the system does not allow to send emails. I pray one is the letter I need.

Doctoresparati rep on nairaland, please check your email and respond to my request. I will appreciate your help in getting the cover letter from Del Sol. Thank you.

finegirlna:
Mamap003
Please just reapply God will do it, I also did Dropbox and my status went from ready to administrative processing and am praying seriously not to b called for an interview. A friend of mine that got her visa for conference went for the conference then after it had her baby then renewed d visa got it and went for vacation only to go for renewal again thru Dropbox and was called and the vo kept on asking y she used d conference visa for child birth and she was shocked bcs she has renewed that visa. That's how she got denied that she lied during that first visa interview, this is supposed to be her third renewal.so just pray
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mrsbobby: 10:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello all, this thread has been a blessing to me

Anyone given birth in Sacramento, California?? That is where i have family that would accommodate me willingly.
Pls pls pls anyone with information on that city should bless me with it.

thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Masha2jk(f): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
igetam:
Hi all pls i have fee questions

1 Has anyone travelled within the past 1 week..and what was d experience at the travelex office. Are they still selling dollars?

2 Any preggy going to elpaso end of Dec or early January with info on good but cheap accommodation? (Pls let's hookup)

3 How much do the following Cost: 1 US passport normal. 2 Expedited. 3 Naija Visa

4 Any bank selling PTA and at what price?

Will appreciate helpful responses.

Thanks.

Will be in elpaso just before Xmas. As for accommodation I used Airbnb

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by placebo(f): 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello Nairalanders,

All this Visa talk is beginning to scare me. Before I read about the B2 class visa here, I was advised by friends who had gone through the process to reapply for the B1/B2 visa for vacation purpose and send a change of intent letter just before I travel. (Mind you, this was before I saw all the threads on applying for the right visa i.e. B2). Now my dropbox application is under review and I am worried that I shouldnt have listened to them but applied for the B2 visa. At this point of this reccession, I cannot afford to go on a vacation, comeback then go for childbirth. Please House, is there anything I can do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Orestik(f): 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello everyone,

I just started following this post. I have similar issue as @MamaP003 but the difference is that I am yet to travel. I got a visa earlier in August for relaxation purpose with my husband. A month after the interview, I found out I was pregnant so we canceled cos I couldnt travel with my plenty morning sickness and nausea. My husband traveled last month for a training and now the plan is I join him later this month before I start showing and stay in the US till I give birth. Do I need to write a change of intent letter? plus I havent even gotten a hospital or OB. I planned on doing all that search when I get there, until I discovered this topic yesterday. Pls educate me, what do I do? I booked my flight already for end of the month.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ulio(f): 12:12am On Dec 10, 2016
Mission accomplished!

Used henrico doctors hosp virginia. DR W.F
..mild pain started early hrs of 5th, by the time I got to d hospital as I was 2hrs away, I was 4cm dilated, baby arrived 11.6.16. (Vaginal birth no epidural - d pain no b here, I wnt try that next time) note that each time I look at my son d pain fades the more..

Was discharged after 2days
Dr 850, hosp 2078, paedtrician 1228, healthy baby 264 . hearing test cancelled

Gt birth certificate after 2weeks
Nig passport 240 expedited at d embassy n got it next day.
US passport 165 expedited n gt it next day at Washington passport agency.

Infant ticket with BA $349. De insisted baby's ticket is 1 way saying that's d remaining part of d trip as baby mst be attached to an adult else I purchase another ticket for myself returning to US. Payed at d airport on departure.

On board bassinet was provided, air hostess were of great help as I was alone from Washington to London. As usual entertainment was great.

Landed Abj 6th aftr the long layover very tired.
Mother and child are doing great thankfully.
Indeed my case has been different. Another testimony- gt a new job as I was away.

God's grace to everyone in d house.
Also met Tolu a fellow NL mama. It's been a pleasure meeting a friend and sister in diaspora.. We had a great time. .

Thanks to everybody for contributing to d success of this trip..AdomMum I really appreciate you.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beehandz(m): 12:22am On Dec 10, 2016
Posh404:
Good morning mamas in the house. please can i pack all my load in 1 place instead of having two 23kg bags. i would rather go with just 1 bag but surely weighs more than 23kg. i will be flying with lufthansa.
A pax is entitled to 2pcs luggage of max of 23KG per PC.
The airline will advice you split it

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topboyz5: 1:47am On Dec 10, 2016
slizylindy:
Please what if i decide to use my husband's company as my sponsor? This is my first birth with a virgin passport. Please what documents will i need to provide to avoid being denied.

Please note that my husband is one of the directors of the company.

Thank you.

Never ever try it.. It must be personal documents

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.