Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978640 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
tytmed:
My E-fam its nice be here again. you guys have gone very far. God bless you foe the support provided.

i went for my first missionary trip in 2014 and to the glory of God and the help of your guys it went very well.my story is posted in 1.

please i need some help oh. i am preparing to go for part 2 and my question is this. i renewed my visa via dropbox in July 2016 and stated reason as vacation in dec 2016. i just found out i am pregnant and will not be due until Aug 2017. so i am thinking if i should write letter of change of intent. i feel like i should not have a problem because (1) when i went for my first missionary trip i declared it was for child birth and they gave me the visa. (2) when i did dropbox renewal in july i was not pregnant they can do their calculations and see that i was truly not pregnant then as 12 months will have passed as i plan to travel July 2017.

So my country people what do you guys think?
do i have a good case with change of intent letter?

You are over thinking this matter jor. In my opinion o, nothing do you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gaby22: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
oniwoski:

Infact me i am looking for someone to share a one room with two bed...room is vry big and neat...free wifi..cable..water nd cooker plus light..its aproximately 170 per week for each person....but it comes with one kitchen nd restroom... nice location at northwest houston...i have been statying alone but wouldnt mind sharing considering the size of d room plus the dollar thingy.....anyone interested pls lemme know on time
will be coming in January ending don't mind sharing with you but I don't know if that time will be late for you? Am using Hnwmv and Dr Xydas as well but looking for accomodation for the period when am coming...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chanbaby,

Biko don't need this stress. Use style to go and visit your SIL and pack your things oh small small. Is there an intown suite, extended stay america, motel 6, studio 8 or cross land studio near the Hosp?

If its not too expensive you can carry your kaya and kak there.

Also don't take everything your host is doing to heart. Some single older women are grouchy esp if they are not getting their engines greased. If shr had one sugar boy servicing her well, her attitude will be better. Lets donate Justwise grin

Or she may be menopausal.

Any which way, look for somewhere where you can have peace. Pele my dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chanbaby
I stayed in southwest and I was going to Richmond for my appointments. And eventually gave birth in Oakbend. Appointment was early and and I always got there on time.

See this journey en one cannot be sleeping on the floor.
When You are not suffering...
That's why I always say we should always hold extra cash incase nonsense like this happen.

You have options mothers are here screaming for a flatmate I think u shld consider it. Or move to ur sil place and endure d journey.

When d baby comes will u b sleeping on the floor....

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dyout: 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
NIKKY kindly explain how you went about the Tarrant county Resident ID stuff?

NikkyK:
@ feyishetan

JPS is $4500 for both hospital and doctors fee only,pediatric is from $115 for each visit.lab fees was less than $200 for both me and baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gaby22: 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
coolcathy:
In the spirit of giving back,
Flew Turkish airline to New York and American airline from New York to Houston with my 2years old son.
At JFK the cbp asked why I came,told him Childbirth and vacation,
He asked how long I intend to stay,told him 8weeks. And he took my finger prints and stamped us in.no other question was asked,no document was requested for.
No secondary inspection and at the agric section plea was directed to the exit door.my bag wasn't checked so all my foodstuff scaled throu
gh.the Poe was a breeze to the Glory of God.

Currently in Houston,will be using HNWMC and Doctor Xydas.
More testimonies coming soon
please dear I need to enquire from you.. am using the same Dr and Hospital but arriving last week of January am in need of affordable accomodation nearby and am also coming with my 2yrs old daughter please guide me accordingly...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2016
nefertitiram:
Chanbaby,

Biko don't need this stress. Use style to go and visit your SIL and pack your things oh small small. Is there an intown suite, extended stay america, motel 6, studio 8 or cross land studio near the Hosp?

Also don't take everything your host is doing to heart. Some single older women are grouchy esp if they are not getting their engines greased. If shr had one sugar boy servicing her well, her attitude will be better. Lets donate Justwise grin

Thanks a lot. You just made my morning. Justwise has seen something on the thread oh grin grin grin. He cannot manage her. Someone that said no man can misbehave with her that she will beat him. That even if the man succeeds in beating her that man should run from the city. She was even saying her friend is marrying the 3rd husband maywhile she has not married one. Justwise I our choice tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chanbaby,

Download lyft or Uber and chk how much it will cost you to get to your sil.

Please consider going to your sil's place. How can you be preg and sleeping on the floor. What kind of rough play is that one na! Tomorrow is Sunday, biko start packing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gaby22: 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
fizzy16:
pls i will be in houston by january.pls anyone with info on cheap accommodation or anyone willing to share.will be using houston northwest and dr xydas.thank you.
Am using he Same hospital and Dr and coming January so I don't mind sharing where are you based in Nigeria we can meet up...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chanbaby,
biko ooooo, pls you don't need all this stress abeg..pls pack your things and run to your SIL place..I remb when I was making arrangement for my wife's travel..i was telling a family friend that stayed in my place for almost three weeks when he came to Nigeria about our plans for my wife to give birth in America, he never encouraged me.he was saying all manners of things to discourage me.thinking that I will ask him to give my DW accommodation or support me.the way he was sounding, he is a nurse but when I asked him about hospital and the fees..if he will give me answers to that question, its probably tomorrow cos he never called me again since then.thank God that I discovered this E-family.
You need to have a steady mind.people with different characters.don't pay attention to her attitude.just pack your things and run more then U.bolt...back to premier league game!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=tytmed post=52010625] you won't have any issue with them, make sure u get all ur receipts for Poe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topboyz5: 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
kemex:
Hello everyone. Applied for B2 visa...noticed the agent didn't input my level of education details. He only stated my current status (pg student).
Also, 3 accompanying persons were filled on my form, hubby, FIL and MIL. Father-in-law is sponsoring the trip...
Please, hope these do not pose any threat at the interview? Thanks.

It is your responsibility to scan your application before submission. And to answer your question, there can be a threat to your application. Just be prepared to defend what is already submitted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 4:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
nefertitiram:
Chanbaby,

Download lyft or Uber and chk how much it will cost you to get to your sil.

Please consider going to your sil's place. How can you be preg and sleeping on the floor. What kind of rough play is that one na! Tomorrow is Sunday, biko start packing
My sister... Hian
Some people are heartless.
She sat her down and was telling her how she offended her and all that bullshit... Because of free accommodation... Mscheew

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2016
@chanbaby, please you need to move out of that place. If she's giving you attitude now when you are still preggy what will she give you when you born. And for distance, you just need to plan well. I don't know if you are a FTM but my doctor told me labor is not immediate for most FTM so it will take time to get to your hospital. I stayed like 40 minutes away from my hospital and my friend has been really trying for me. I pray God will direct you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beem4cupid: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
So sorry about what you are going through. You really don't need that stress right now. But my opinion is that if you could afford to go all the way to the States, then I think you should get an accommodation close to the hospital if your SIL house is far. How are you sure you won't ho through same at your SIL house. Just think things through. Remember you need that healthy state of mind.

quote author=Chanbaby post=52009099]
Pls my sil lives at southwest and the hospital is at cypress. Pls people that know houston pls advice me on how I can be getting to the hospital at a cheaper rate. Thanks a lot [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ijeomaobi1: 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
Nefertitiram,

Abeg my baby reacts to any Nigeria made things o. I tried that bleer bleer, see mega bumps that came out oon her bum.

Send the pxsure of the pampers make I port sharply. Am still buying foreignh huggies for 18k a carton of 240size 3. Dat one is too painful jare.

Haven't seen NAN lactogen o, tried ordinaryN AN twice see vomiting ehhnn!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
Chanbaby:

Thanks a lot. You just made my morning. Justwise has seen something on the thread oh grin grin grin. He cannot manage her. Someone that said no man can misbehave with her that she will beat him. That even if the man succeeds in beating her that man should run from the city. She was even saying her friend is marrying the 3rd husband maywhile she has not married one. Justwise I our choice tongue

You no well, find her Boko Haram fighter for a hubby.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2016
nefertitiram:
Chanbaby,

I'm not an summer gadget supplier grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chikos: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Nefertitiram,

Abeg my baby reacts to any Nigeria made things o. I tried that bleer bleer, see mega bumps that came out oon her bum.

Send the pxsure of the pampers make I port sharply. Am still buying foreignh huggies for 18k a carton of 240size 3. Dat one is too painful jare.

Is like the girl is not aware that Nigeria is in recession abi? OK for milk, try isomil. The container is red and white .it's very good for sensitive babies. I always have issues with Nigerian pampers with all my kids. But the Nigerian pampers in white pack is good and gorich pampers is equally nice. Just buy Destin cream for the rashes

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fizzy16: 7:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
gaby22:
Am using he Same hospital and Dr and coming January so I don't mind sharing where are you based in Nigeria we can meet up...
i have sent you an email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gaby22: 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
fizzy16:
i have sent you an email
I have replied your mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fizzy16: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2016
gaby22:
I have replied your mail.
pls can you check your email again.i ve replied you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Momo13: 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
drafrican:

After you have ur birth certificate (I did 2)
For the American passport I downloaded the form and filled them don't sign you take it to a notary public at DHL office or I think regular post office with all required documents and a notary public officer will be there and you and hubby (I Donno d process if hubby is absent) sign in his presence and he attaches his signature with ur passports photocopies and pix then you head to Howard county library and pay for expedited had my baby's pix taken there too.
For the Nigerian one you go to the website note how much and what name to address the postal/money order to,there is a place to write ur baby's name then we sent it expedited.they sent us a mail when they received it but for my friend they delayed so she headed to the consulate with the photocopy and all documents speak Yoruba well and pay for expedited you wud get it same day or next,if ur impatient u can get a visa ,the American passport took the longest

I don't know if this is still relevant but it might help someone else.. the American passport has an easier option.. All I did was call passport services and provide my travel date ( must not be more than 2 weeks ). I booked an appointment at the regional passport agency (washington because I stayed at maryland) . I went to the passport agency with DH and LO on said date and got the passport same day. All you need is proof of travel ( your ticket). Usually they would say come back next day or two but we appealed to the guy who attended to us that we needed to get a visa to travel.( we had the naija passport already oh,that was just to fast track things). I filled the form online ,saved and printed and took it with me to the passport office.
Hope this helps someone!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimwendy85: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
@ nefetitiram.... This peak 123 na serious matter. Combed the whole of ajah, no luck. Next was to proceed to lagos island o. Only to ask for price n be told it's now 1k5. Well, what choice did I have but to buy it.
Meanwhile, u just discovered premium care.... Welcome to the club. wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 12:15am On Dec 18, 2016
nefertitiram:

As enfamil has entered 16k, NAN lactogen is similar to enfamil in taste and composition and it is 1670. Oh boy! Na to swerve!

How about the red Huggies, the SA one?

I used Lactogen for my first son more than 5 years ago. Then it was 800 a tin when buying the carton. Can't believe that it's now almost 2k.

This missionary journey has really been an eye opener.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feyishetan: 12:19am On Dec 18, 2016
NikkyK:
@ feyishetan

JPS is $4500 for both hospital and doctors fee only,pediatric is from $115 for each visit.lab fees was less than $200 for both me and baby.

Thanks for the information. Really appreciate this. Can you please share contact details of the dr. I understand you are busy but will really like to get additional info. Please send me an email on toyin.akinyemi@yahoo.com if you don't mind. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 12:20am On Dec 18, 2016
slimwendy85:
@ nefetitiram.... This peak 123 na serious matter. Combed the whole of ajah, no luck. Next was to proceed to lagos island o. Only to ask for price n be told it's now 1k5. Well, what choice did I have but to buy it.

But Peak 123 is just too sweet. It makes adult food feel tasteless. Adult milk like normal Peak and Nido work well from 1yr, my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 3:07am On Dec 18, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Nefertitiram,

Here it is... But I see its only available in size 3,4,5.

When the babies are younger, I think they react more to these gangster sturves but when dey have mashure a bit, like from 9 months, they will beginning to adjust a bit to all these cheap chea tinz. *in falz the band guy's voice*

Ignore this internet price o. I bought it for N1800 in supermarket

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 3:11am On Dec 18, 2016
slimwendy85:

Chai. Lastma tinz o, if not for recession, we won't know we have goldmine in our backyard. Its a good value for money o. No more bp when diaper wants to finish ever since I discovered bleer bleer which is scarce and now my Darling pampers. :*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 3:16am On Dec 18, 2016
XX01:

How about the red Huggies, the SA one?

I used Lactogen for my first son more than 5 years ago. Then it was 800 a tin when buying the carton. Can't believe that it's now almost 2k.

This missionary journey has really been an eye opener.

I haven't tried it. Someone frightened me but since I'm in an experimenting season, I just might try it out too.

Lactogen is almost 2k ooo! Imagine, and that 800 would av been luxury price that year. If you are still single, diapers and formula price will assist you in making a decision

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 3:19am On Dec 18, 2016
XX01:

But Peak 123 is just too sweet. It makes adult food feel tasteless. Adult milk like normal Peak and Nido work well from 1yr, my opinion.

Izzit d nido I saw for 28k for d big pangolo? DAT dey wrote 1yr+. No o, I no buy.

the way peak 123 is doing, na to port to adult peak like u said.
If u check the package of peak 123, you will see "glucose syrup" as one of its ingridents. Theres no questioning why its so sweet anyhow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 6:09am On Dec 18, 2016
Momo13:

I don't know if this is still relevant but it might help someone else.. the American passport has an easier option.. All I did was call passport services and provide my travel date ( must not be more than 2 weeks ). I booked an appointment at the regional passport agency (washington because I stayed at maryland) . I went to the passport agency with DH and LO on said date and got the passport same day. All you need is proof of travel ( your ticket). Usually they would say come back next day or two but we appealed to the guy who attended to us that we needed to get a visa to travel.( we had the naija passport already oh,that was just to fast track things). I filled the form online ,saved and printed and took it with me to the passport office.
Hope this helps someone!

Very Informative... I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.