Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978543 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MHBaig: 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2016
Dear Friends,

I will be travelling to US along with my wife for baby birth. Please advise the State/City for cheapest cash medical and the hospital/doctor name. Many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
MHBaig:
Dear Friends,

I will be travelling to US along with my wife for baby birth. Please advise the State/City for cheapest cash medical and the hospital/doctor name. Many thanks.
elpaso
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phemmy26(m): 5:16am On Dec 20, 2016
@ladee1

looking at the EDD which is march. It simply means that you were pregnant during the interview and as such the VO might see that as a misrepresentation. It would be assumed that the the visa was gotten for childbirth purpose and not vacation and you hoped to correct the abnormally with a letter of intent. Letter of intent does not carry any water anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 6:54am On Dec 20, 2016
Hi all...

Travelling in a week's time and still don't have dollars at hand, and I need about $12k. Only somewhat certain option i have right now is Travelex $4000...

Pls help how can I get dollars for 400 naira or less?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 8:03am On Dec 20, 2016
$1 = 490...... Wow!!!! This is discouraging. Please where can I see dollars for cheaper price oooo.... At this rate. This missionary journey is not realistic ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 8:05am On Dec 20, 2016
igetam:
Hi all...

Travelling in a week's time and still don't have dollars at hand, and I need about $12k. Only somewhat certain option i have right now is Travelex $4000...

Thanks

Same thing ooo... Our Journey is next month.... Looking for 400 or less for a dollar
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 20, 2016
igetam:
Hi all...

Thanks

Even travelex even no dey sell, i'm just tired.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 8:19am On Dec 20, 2016
$ 1 = # 490

SOMEBODY SAI CHANGE !!!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by njidekachi: 9:44am On Dec 20, 2016
Hello dear, i have a friend with same issue , also did cerclage here in nigeria but delivered her baby in USA. We used same doctor in US. she traveled at 34weeks, was induced at 40 weeks and delivered normal( V. birth). Meaning it can be well managed here except if u so wish to have it done abroad. Kindly pm me so i can give u her contact. may be u can use same hospital here if the need be.

Your children will surround ur table, in Jesus name. PEACE

bevybay:
I don't know how to start this but i will make it short as i can and i hope i can get the solution to my problem.I am 33 years and i got married 2014.I got pregnant sometimes around may 2014 but after 3 months i had miscarriage.I changed the hospital after i got pregnant again 2015 November but lost it on my wedding anniversary in feb 2016.The two hospital i used where private and what both said was cervical incompetent.I went to General Hospital and started all over again from fertility with my husband till 3months when the doctors did cerclage,that is the surgery on my cervix to hold the baby .I was in the hospital till last 2 weeks which made it 5 months and sadly i had a contraction and my water broke.i was complaining of pains which was infection as a result of shared toilets in the general hospital to my own believe ,but the doctor don't want to accept it as i am not the only one in the word,funny i have never used a general hospital before in my life,but i was hopeful i will be okay since there is a believe they have best doctors,till i did the scan when the water stopped,the scan showed the baby died already as the water drained.it was so sad to pass through this 3 times,looking at the pains of evacuation and emotional pains.I spoke with my husband who chat his uncle up in USA.The uncle said i should try and get a medical visa and he is ready to write embassy that he has a house i can stay if i come over. i dont know if anyone has this experience of stillbirth and what advice if i have to go to USA,best and cheapest hospital that can be recommended and how can i start all these process.I have being through so much pains,i wish i have a baby right now but i can only hope and trust in God.Where do i start from?

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 10:10am On Dec 20, 2016
My friend traveling in march bought 3k dolls at 400 naira... Pls any new news on a successful interview?? Itchy ears cos I wanna see how jan would be ... GOD help us..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sophiamax16:
My friend traveling in march bought 3k dolls at 400 naira... Pls any new news on a successful interview?? Itchy ears cos I wanna see how jan would be ... GOD help us..
please is it this march or next March? She bought it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
@bevybay

I have 2 scenarios and you can explore both.
1. Apply for a us visa now with ur hubby for vacation and tell them at the embassy the situation of things.
I have a FAM friend that suffered what u went through twice with twins both times. Infact, d same cerclage thingy caused infection for her. Her interview fell just after she lost d 2nd preg so she told them she applied for d visa when she was preg but she lost d preg n infact came for d interview from d Hosp bed. She's intending to go for vacation then when she gets preg again she will like to leave for usa immediately to prevent recurrence. The VO said thats exactly what she shd do and approved the visa specifically for thag purpose. They are human beings .

Infact, she found out she was preg again while on the vacation n quickly registered with a hosp n paid her bills in advance, spent 5 mths came bk to 9ja and left again to get stamped in for another 6mths. Shes been receiving top notch care, infact, d Oyinbo docs said d cerclage was a bad idea! Shes only on progesterone injections and prenatal drugs n she's doing very well!

2. Wait until u get preg again, apply for visa early in preg and leave once u cross 3mths, start better prenatal care, return briefly to 9ja to get stamped in back into USA for delivery.

God will make you smile again, and its very soon

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
nefertitiram:
@bevybay

God will make you smile again, and its very soon

Amen o.
@bevybay this is a very good suggestion! God will make it easy for you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mariam99ng: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello ma'am. So sorry for all you have experienced. Cervical incompetence can only be managed by experienced and competent obstetrician/gynecologist and not just any how doctor. I was once in your Shoe and thank God I'm now a mother. I was given some drug after the procedure to ease my uterus and delay labor and was advised to stay off stress and sex for a while and it all end in praise. Let me know if we can discuss more about it and see if your doctor is actually doing the right thing.
bevybay:
I don't know how to start this but i will make it short as i can and i hope i can get the solution to my problem.I am 33 years and i got married 2014.I got pregnant sometimes around may 2014 but after 3 months i had miscarriage.I changed the hospital after i got pregnant again 2015 November but lost it on my wedding anniversary in feb 2016.The two hospital i used where private and what both said was cervical incompetent.I went to General Hospital and started all over again from fertility with my husband till 3months when the doctors did cerclage,that is the surgery on my cervix to hold the baby .I was in the hospital till last 2 weeks which made it 5 months and sadly i had a contraction and my water broke.i was complaining of pains which was infection as a result of shared toilets in the general hospital to my own believe ,but the doctor don't want to accept it as i am not the only one in the word,funny i have never used a general hospital before in my life,but i was hopeful i will be okay since there is a believe they have best doctors,till i did the scan when the water stopped,the scan showed the baby died already as the water drained.it was so sad to pass through this 3 times,looking at the pains of evacuation and emotional pains.I spoke with my husband who chat his uncle up in USA.The uncle said i should try and get a medical visa and he is ready to write embassy that he has a house i can stay if i come over. i dont know if anyone has this experience of stillbirth and what advice if i have to go to USA,best and cheapest hospital that can be recommended and how can i start all these process.I have being through so much pains,i wish i have a baby right now but i can only hope and trust in God.Where do i start from?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
The matter tire me oo. However, travelex is still selling at the airport, cuz i went there last week Friday and I saw people who were being attended to, just that one might need to go early, pick a number (even though I wasn't told this and didn't remember to ask). See what they require in the pic I posted.
You just have to make sure u check in early and go there immediately, or have someone there on the queue waiting on ur behalf, while u collect ur boarding pass.

chloe7:

Even travelex even no dey sell, i'm just tired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
chloe7:
please is it this march or next March? She bought it
She bought last week. She would be travelling next year march
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
njidekachi:
Hello dear, i have a friend with same issue , also did cerclage here in nigeria but delivered her baby in USA. We used same doctor in US. she traveled at 34weeks, was induced at 40 weeks and delivered normal( V. birth). Meaning it can be well managed here except if u so wish to have it done abroad. Kindly pm me so i can give u her contact. may be u can use same hospital here if the need be.

Your children will surround ur table, in Jesus name. peace
God would protect and grant your heart desire. My friend's wife did a cerclage abroad after several reoccurrence here a different kind anyway and had her baby successfully.. Your case would end in praise. Amen

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2016
soccerfan1:
Hello Folks,

I need some advise regarding this letter of intent thing. My wife has a valid US visa and will be traveling later this month to have a baby. Does she need to send in a 'change of intent' letter given that her visa was issued early last year and she's already used it several times for vacations in the US?

Thanks
There's change of intent and there's notification of intent.
I think you should write a notification of intent

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zaynie(f): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2016
ijeomaobi1:

I got your notification. My pm isnt too good.

Let me know when you get this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dabson2020: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello everyone, I am a silent follower, though followed this thread from part 1. The information on this thread is immeasurable. Got to JFK on Sunday Monday around 11:50am. Flew turkish airline. Fly was great. Inflight entertainment and food was awesome. Our plane was the only one that landed so the queue was not too long. Got to the CBP officer with hubby and my son.

CBP: hello chaps (very friendly guy),
Hubby and I: good day.
CBP: passport pls? Gave him all 3
CBP: why r u here and how long are u staying
Hubby: I and my son are staying 10 days and wifey staying 8 weeks.
CBP:ok
I quickly added that I am here for childbirth.
CBP: faced me and said, oh kk. How are you paying?
Me: paying cash.
CBP: how much do you have?
Hubby: told him amount we had as cash and on card.
CBP: the card does not matter. Am OK with the cash. Do you have food?
Me: yes, cassava flour, yam flour.
CBP: he had stamped us in already, then he cut me short and said, oh typical Nigerian food.
We are smiled.
CBP: have a lovely stay and safe delivery.
That was it.
Spent less than 3 mins with him.
Agric checked only one of our bags and told us to go. In all, we spent less than 6 mins.

God's favor all the way. It was amazing. I can't thank God enough.
South West messed up with my boarding pass to fly to houston after I had checked in my bags but refunded me four times the ticket amount. So I flew American airline.
Had my first appointment today with Dr. Nicholas office. Went well.
Resting now.
To all other mothers on their way to US, God's s favour all the way IJN.
Coming back to share the bills as soon as I deliver by God's grace.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sophiamax16:

She bought last week. She would be travelling next year march
please where Did she buy it from.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2016
Good day everyone!

Any recent (post Trump election) successful interviews for childbirth??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kemo88: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hello everyone,
It's been a while. Alaskan mum here!!! Just passing by and saying hello......
May God grant safe delivery to all the expectant mums...for those with LOs may God guide them for us.... And for those who are still looking for divine favor from the Lord, you will give your testimony very soon..... Much love

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Blessedluvdfavd: 11:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hi all. Got PTA from stanbic but applied about 3weeks b4 departure. Didn't get the whole $4k tho. Got at about 397 to $1. Access bank also provides PTA but preloaded on a card. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 11:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sophiamax16:

Where did your friend buy his/her dollars from
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flowers: 5:49am On Dec 21, 2016
Please ladies help me out with your suggestions and experiences. I want to buy flight ticket to Houston. I have two options now Emirates and Turkish airline. In terms of services, comfort and lay over which is better? And I intend going by 36 weeks hope the policy of either airline is favourable or I have to go earlier. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Masha2jk(f): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2016
Hello everyone, I am a silent follower, The information on this thread is the best thing that happened to me.Got to JFK Tuesday20th Dec around 3:50pm.Flew egypt airline. Flight was great. Inflight entertainment and food was awesome.Line was as long as anything.Before getting to CBP I had prayed well and told God to take control.

CBP: hello (Old baba),
ME: good evening sir
CBP: passport pls?
CBP: how long are u staying
Me: 8weks to have my baby and see family
CBP:ok
CBP:he had stamped me in and dat was it.
Spent less than 3 mins with him.
No agric was done I just went picked up my box and got the shuttle to my hotel.
Flying out to elpaso today by Gods grace with southwest.
I can't thank God enough.
To all other mums commin may God show you all favour IJN. Also I got travelex in Abuja 4K on Monday morning at 399.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by IyawoToBe(f): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2016
bbaby84:

It's 5 years already lol. It's for my son(he turned 5 in Oct)not my daughter(who is just about to turn 2). You're probably mixing up the time line.

How are you and your LO or LOs?

Have a lovely week.

Awwwww, that's so sweet kiss Didn't know you have been in the 'missionary journey' game for long. Lol.

They grow up so fast! May God continue to keep them for us smiley Send my kisses to them kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ifylicious: 11:05am On Dec 21, 2016
Any june- August mama in the house. Looking for who to share apartment with (Houston Texas) when I eventually get my Visa. Pls house how soon can one start the Visa processing? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.