Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,350 members, 7,846,518 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) (1102 Views)

My Greatest Regret As An Agnostic Atheist / Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion / Friends Have Deserted Me Since I’ve Become Born-again - Majid Michel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by gistsstack(m): 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ghallywood actor, Majid Michel, who has recently been declaring his (Christian) faith and his gift from God to be a preacher on his social media pages not too long engaged in a philosophical conversation with an agnostic lady he met at Lagos airport.

Read the conversation below as written by Michel on his IG handle:

“I was leaving Lagos with an early flight this morning and as i waited at the airport, i met with a pretty young lady, who happens to be an Agnostic. We were engaged in a conversation for about an hour and she asked me some questions i would like to share with you. She asked, how do you know the Bible is true?”“I told her what i used to think about the Bible and my opinion those days was that the Bible was a nice book with some poetry and religious history about dealings of some sort of Supreme Being with people who were superstitious enough to believe that He existed. i believed that since the Bible was written by men who were human, the Bible was subject to human error.”

“Then i asked her … Do you believe the history books that were written by humans? Do you believe the history books you learnt in school? i told her …Well i believe that Julius Caesar conquered Pompey in 44 B.C. i believe that Marcus Aurelius ruled Rome in 280 A.D. i believe that the Declaration of the Independence of America was signed in 1776, and that the French Revolution broke out thirteen years later.”

“If i believe in every word without doubt in those history books that were written by imperfect men, why can’t i believe in the Bible that was written by godly men? It is astonishing that the Bible was written by forty men over a period of 1600 years, yet their writings are compatible, in agreement, in one accord, related, consistent, orderly and harmonious.”

How Do i Know That Jesus Existed?

“Ok… do you believe that the ancient Greek philosopher Socrates lived? Do you also know that we have only one ancient writing about him? Just one writing about Socrates and it was by Plato. So you believe in Socrates because of only one ancient writer? Ok! Jesus has four major accounts of his life plus many other minor references. Why do you believe in Socrates and not in Jesus? This makes me understand that your unbelief is not intellectual; rather it is emotional or spiritual. i also understand that your intellectual arguments are standing on very shaky ground.”

http://www.gistsstack.com/majid-michel-conversation-agnostic/

cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by hopefulLandlord: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
let's hear the woman's side too

1 Like

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by raphieMontella: 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
so whats special about this ? Are we supposed to be trembling or something?

1 Like

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by ayobase(m): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
Seun Osewa, is there any sense in that?

You believe Socrate, Plato, Williams Shakespeare and among others once existed, but you don't believe Jesus Christ was once here.

You believe in many history books written, but you don't believe in the Bible.

... Why do you believe in Socrates and not in Jesus? This makes me understand that your unbelief is not intellectual; rather it is emotional or spiritual. i also understand that your intellectual arguments are standing on very shaky ground.”

1 Like

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by winner01(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
Naah, atheists will begin to hate on Majid.

I'm still wondering why atheists have not stormed the football world to protest against players from "inappropriate" celebrations.

I dont think the world will take atheism seriously anytime soon. lol.

Nairaland will shaa grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by jonbellion(m): 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
ayobase:

You believe Socrate, Plato, Williams Shakespeare and among others once existed, but you don't believe Jesus Christ was once here.

lol the problem is the extraordinary claims. When Jesus died zombies walked the earth and then he "flew" to heaven. I thought heaven wasn't in this dimension why did he fly rather than just disappearing. Is he faster than the speed of light undecided
And then he is coming back on a flying horse??
All eyes would see him
On a spherical earth
* sigh*
A teacher like Jesus existed but all those claims were grossly exageratted. Not to mention he is portrayed as Caucasian in the media and pictures of him. Isn't he a Jew??

5 Likes

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by Splinz(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
God who created all things, did perfectly called those who says He doesn't exist as "fools". Nothing can be truer than this description. To these set of people, leaving them to wallow in their foolery is the best option.
Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by NPComplete: 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
".......It is astonishing that the Bible was written by forty men over a period of 1600 years, yet their writings are compatible, in agreement, in one accord, related, consistent, orderly and harmonious.”

Hahahaha. It's very obvious this mofo hasn't actually read the Bible thoroughly. He is still basking in the euphoria of a new found belief. And he is enjoying the attention that comes with it hence the need to pen down the above nonsense he considers a sensible argument. Don't worry Majid, read on. U will soon find so many inconsistencies that u will come revert back to where u came from. We know ur type. Soon u will pull a Lynxx on us.

BTW, the reason we believe most historians is because their story is usually corroborated by their contemporaries. There's usually archaeological evidence to back it up too. That cannot be said for most stories in the bible. They are either usually apocryphal, never corroborated by evidence and contemporaries, or even contradicted by other passages in the bible itself.
We approach history with doubt at first and then, as evidence grows, we begin to believe that the stories are true and as newer evidence comes to light, we adjust our beliefs to accommodate them. That's science.
In religion, every thing written down, mostly by men with ulterior motives, is assumed to be true and unquestionable. That, in itself, is a great lie.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by gistsstack(m): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
let's hear the woman's side too
what's important is the question not the answer. no answer can put an end to biblical inquiry, since every answer turns out to be a new question.
When some people ask critical question about the bible or God's existence, such people are seen by most Christians as agnostic or atheist.
How can Majid say that biblical "writings are compatible, in agreement, in one accord, related, consistent, orderly and harmonious.” when there are so many contradictions and inconsistencies.
Read Proverbs 25:21 against Luke 10:19
Leviticus 27:30 against Deuteronomy 14:24

3 Likes

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by ValentineMary(m): 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
Honestly this is a shallow response. Imagine e had this kind of conversation with Johnydon22, Johny for don turn am to atheist

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by ValentineMary(m): 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
ayobase:

Jesus was probably a real figure, people hardly argue that. But he was just an ordinary man surrounded with lots of myth. And moreover most atheist deny the metaphysical claims of the bible. Though some physical claims too also have no evidence eg the Exodus. But if I am to accept a book as valid based on it's authorship as humans, why can't u accept the Gita or koran as absolute truth? and moreover no history book claims to be absolutely true. Every good historian knows that history books are shaped by bias.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by ValentineMary(m): 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
winner01:

I'm still wondering why atheists have not stormed the football world to protest against players from "inappropriate" celebrations.

Pls if u can make out any sense from what this dude wrote, identify because honestly I can't.

5 Likes

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by ValentineMary(m): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
Splinz:
God who created all things, did perfectly called those who says He doesn't exist as "fools". Nothing can be truer than this description. To this set of people, leaving them to wallow in their foolery is the best option.
He also orfered for stuborn kids to be stonned to death. How many have u killed? he said bats are birds. How would this creator not realise that bats are mammals and not birds keeps me wondering.

2 Likes

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by dalaman: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
ValentineMary:
Pls if u can make out any sense from what this dude wrote, identify because honestly I can't.

The guy was just beginning the question. I couldn't make any sense out of what he wrote.

1 Like

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by noblefada: 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
gistsstack:

what's important is the question not the answer. no answer can put an end to biblical inquiry, since every answer turns out to be a new question.
When some people ask critical question about the bible or God's existence, such people are seen by most Christians as agnostic or atheist.
How can Majid say that biblical "writings are compatible, in agreement, in one accord, related, consistent, orderly and harmonious.” when there are so many contradictions and inconsistencies.

There are no contradictions in the bible, rather men had a progressive revelation knowledge about God. Only Jesus gave a full description of who God is, the old testament folks knew little on nothing about God, hence only wrote what they knew. It can be akin to a white child or someone who leave abroad in well developed countries to still think that in Africans live on trees. It's may not be the child's fault, but that is what they were brought to know and believe.

I can tell you categorically, that over 95% of what you think you know about God is absolutely wrong and I can tell you that 90% of the church are in that same dilemma. Imagine after over 20 years following Christ, even till this year, I'm just getting to know more about God and correcting the wrong impression I've had and held on to for years! for example many cannot just come to terms that God cannot and has never killed anyone, God is incapable of doing evil, James 1:1, 1 John 1:1-5.

But thank God for the internet and we don't have to be ignorant anymore, so sir I beg of you, kindly go to this page www.livingwordmedia.org and download teachings that carefully and painstakingly explain all this. You can start with (a) The Law in Genesis (Series 1 - 5), (b) Investigating the Wrath of God, (c) Understanding the Law and the Prophets 1 & 2. I believe if you're patients enough to change your perspective about God.

Please, anyone who is an atheist, agnostic or whatever that needs answers to sincere question that has proven too difficult for the church to answer will find all he/she needs in the website www.livingworldmedia.org. The Revelation of Christ is taking over the world!
Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by otemanuduno: 5:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
Eusebius would be smiling right now in his afterlife. The guy has really done a great job of making Faulkin(the son of Satan(Yahweh) appear SO REAL to people in our own world. The world is where lies prevail, the afterlife is where all truth are told.

Mey I hear say Jesus existed within 20,000BC till date (which is the span of this renewed world). The First World is when Faulkin(Aka Zeusus Krish) existed, but brainy writers are bringing into our world the deeds of the past world, to cause confusion here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by hopeful1andlord: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
winner01:

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by jonbellion(m): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=hopeful1andlord post=50686454][/quote]lol the summary is Just basically

Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by gistsstack(m): 6:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
noblefada:

There are no contradictions in the bible, rather men had a progressive revelation knowledge about God
Have you read the verses?
Re: Majid Michel’s Conversation With An Agnostic Woman (Must Read) by DoctorAlien(m): 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
gistsstack:

How are those verses you provided contradictory?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We End Our Prayers With 'Amen'? / Could This Be A Clear Definition Of Idol Worshipping? (See This Photo) / Is The Bible Really Complete?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.