Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,613 members, 7,958,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III (48252 Views)

Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) / Hurricane Irma Live Updates: Florida Battered, Heading Towards Georgia / Donald Trump: There Will Be World War III If You Elect Hillary Clinton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Explorers(m): 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
6. Iran.

While tension rises on the Eastern European front and Southeast Asia is mired in an explosive territorial dispute, rumors of war are also being whispered in the Middle East specifically, Iran.

But is Iran any real threat? Depending on the spin, it’s easy to think so.

In January 2014, Iran dispatched a fleet of ships toward US national waters. The Senate has decided that unless military action is taken, Iran's nuclear development will continue unchecked.

And on February 12, 2014, Iran’s military chief answered that claim by declaring the country’s willingness to go toe-to-toe with American forces, on land or at sea.

It sounds like a crisis in the making, but it’s not as bad as it seems. Those “warships” were a rusty frigate and a supply boat, the White House in no way backs the Senate’s bill, and while Iranian general Hassan Firouzabadi did threaten the US and the “Zionist regime” (Israel), it’s worth remembering that they’ve done so plenty of times in the past.

Another point of contention is Iran’s military force. Including paramilitaries, Iran states that they have 13.6 million people who can pick up a weapon at a moment’s notice.

While that number is probably exaggerated, it doesn’t matter much anyway World War III, if it happens, will be mostly an aerial war dependent more on long-range technologies than close quarters combat.

And that, surprisingly, is an example of why not to count Iran out of the picture. They have an air force of 30,000 men with several hundred aircraft, along with cruise missiles with a range of 2,000 kilometers (1,240 mi).

That’s plenty of range to hit US bases in the Gulf. But most importantly, continued attention on Iran, Syria, and other Middle Eastern countries is spreading the West’s foreign resources a little too thin, especially now that Russia won’t be any help in that region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Explorers(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
Donald Trump Even riled up his supporters in Florida during campaign, saying Iranian ships harassing the US Navy would be 'shot out of the water' under his presidency.

'With Iran, when they circle our beautiful destroyers with their little boats and they make gestures at our people that they shouldn't be allowed to make, they will be shot out of the water,' Trump said.

*.There have been four confrontations between US and Iranian ships in the Persian Gulf in the past month.

September, 2016.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3782688/Trump-vows-harsh-response-Iranian-vessels-harass-U-S-Navy.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Phonefanatic: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
Once trump takes over I'm sure of world War

4 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Funjosh(m): 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
I know say if the war start, Nigeria self go wan join.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by yorhmienerd(m): 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
LAND FOR SALE!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Explorers(m): 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
7. Territory: Senkaku Islands.

World War II didn’t suddenly flash into existence; it edged its way into the world consciousness one little bit at a time, like a slowly rusting bicycle, until war was officially declared.

While it’s easy to put the conflict into the simplest terms, a lot of factors combined to make up what we now view as one war.

The years leading up to the war held a lot of indicators that, in hindsight, revealed aggressive countries testing the waters of what they could get away with.

Japan, Italy, and Germany were all involved in minor conflicts that the League of Nations couldn’t stop, such as Italy’s invasion of Ethiopia in 1935 and Japan’s chemical-infused invasion of Chinain 1937.

These days, China is reversing the balance by threatening an invasion of its own.

The territory in question is a group of rocks known as the Senkaku islands, which are located in the East China Sea.

The problem, of course, is that both China and Japan feel that the islands belong to them, and whoever controls the islands also controls shipping lanes, fishing waters, and a potential oil field.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by lollmaolol(m): 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
finalbosss1:
i pray it happens.. i just want all of us to die... who is thinking wat m thinking

You made sense for the first time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Rich4god(m): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
Except if Buhari decides to back Saudia Arabia.... If this war break out na just to sit down look remain for us and also to pray make radio active fallout no reach our side.

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Explorers(m): 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2016
8. Russia And Norway.

Russia threatens to NUKE Norway in response to allowing US Marines to deploy in the country.

orway has been warned by a senior Russian politician that it could now be a nuclear target after it allowed for the deployment of 330 US Marines. Frants Klintsevich, a deputy chairman of Russia's defence and security committee, said the deployment of US Marines at Værnes was part of a US build-up and made Norway fair game in the event of a nuclear confrontation.

The Local newspaper reported Mr Klintsevich said of the deployment of US Marines: 'This is very dangerous for Norway and Norwegians.

'How should we react to this? We have never before had Norway on the list of targets for our strategic weapons.

But if this develops, Norway's population will suffer. "Because we need to react against definitive military threats.

And we have things to react to, I might as well tell it like it is.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3890392/Russia-threatens-NUKE-Norway-response-allowing-Marines-deploy-country.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by bantudra: 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2016
Funjosh:

nigeria will join one side..thats very unfortunate...

our problem is we are very diverse...it can be a strenght or a weakness...it depends...

we should be trying to create our own black-empire and not joining sides...

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by pointstores(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2016
God KEEP US

3 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Rossikk(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
nabiz:
How I wish nigeria military and economic team will come together to analyze how to take advantage of the situation economically and security wise. This is is the best time for africa to stay neutral(like camelion )and take advantage of the possible future outcome, but unfortunately africa read precaution sign to talk about taking advantage of it. African if well strategised can can rule the world after world war 3

That's assuming anyone is actually alive on earth!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
finalbosss1:
i pray it happens.. i just want all of us to die... who is thinking wat m thinking
Hahahaha
Bros why?
Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by mKc9ET(m): 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lord may this day come, so that this wicked human race will be wipe out by our own wicked heart, "since you had promised us never to destroy the world by ur self. "Amen"
Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 31, 2016
Funjosh:

Under Buhari, we have a 90% chance of joining. The way he carries the matter of the activities of other nations on his head is surprising. I mean, we just read of his message about a missile that never really landed in Saudi Arabia.
If only we could stick to the policy of non alignment. If the two power blocs like, they should be killing themselves, Africa had better remain neutral.
Hmm....

4 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Imhayuba: 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
Joseid:

Under Buhari, we have a 90% chance of joining. The way he carries the matter of the activities of other nations on his head is surprising. I mean, we just read of his message about a missile that never really landed in Saudi Arabia.
If only we could stick to the policy of non alignment. If the two power blocs like, they should be killing themselves, Africa had better remain neutral.
Hmm....
WHILE NASS FOLDS ITS HANDS AND WATCH! U think Nigeria will just go into war like that? Because u think PMB likes some countries!

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by zurine(f): 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
hmm
Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Imhayuba: 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
The price of crude oil will skyrocket! Africa should be neutral! Hopefully we will watch Europe and Asia tear itself apart! The Hispanics will also stay neutral!
Monarchy will fall in Saudi and we will see the rise of a caliphate
New countries will emerge
My predictions tho
Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by chimex38: 10:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
shey batman, catwoman, green arrow( the arrow)
Manhattan Guardian katana, robinhood
Captain Boomerang, Ra's al Ghul
jetli, ipman, jackiechan, hitman, agent 47,
zoro, punisher, mocking bird,indomitables
captain america, iron man, nick fury, James bond
SHANG-CHI,even flash
...go fight d world war?
cant wait 2 watch my super heroes in reality/live/non-fiction world war !

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by donasere(m): 10:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
I was reading with attention but the moment I saw the whole Russia gist I knew this was trash!!!...
Abeg go and get ur facts right about Russia, cremia, isis, Syria and the rest!....

#thisisnotruth!

5 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by phrenology: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2016
This has got to be the most useless piece i have ever read till this point of my life. All the pointers here keep mentioning russia this, russia that. It didn't even mention the gross atrocities of the US of Anarchy and how they have turned this world into a world of near anarchy. It fails to point out that in every conflict Russia has ever involved herself with was for self defence as demonstrated in the first and second world war. It also fails to mention that the NATO(North Atlantic Terrorist Organization) an American controlled Terror unit have been encircling Russia since the organization was created with one goal stop Russia. They have carried out series of propaganda and false flags aimed at getting Russia into a direct conflict with them but failed. They carried out series bombing raids against Russias neighbours without russia retaliating(Kosovo as a case study).
Now to Syria, how do you explain the fact that an American backed regime change was activated in the only country where Russia maintains their only military base in the Middle East? Think of how the US will react to regime change inspired by Russia in countries like oman, Qatar, Jordan, Saudi Arabia? Who do you think they will weigh in for? You think they will just stand idle and do nothing?
Russia did what many sane countries will do by intervening in the Syrian conflicts (not after allowing the West to self destruct and show the world how hypocritical they are and their double standardness). They allowed ISIS to foster with the hope that it will hasten the removal of Assad but got their ass whipped by Mother Russia who couldn't stomach the two face demons no more.
And OP so you know. What i meant by the most useless piece i have read is because this is a copy and paste work where you failed to post the source. I know you can't wake up and upload this kind of junk out of the blue. This is surely the work of the MSM that have made it a task to tag everything wrong with the world on Russia.
In every action their is always a reaction.

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by nabiz(m): 1:48am On Nov 01, 2016
Rossikk:

one thing u don't know about the world we. Live is that there is know weapon, individual, nation, forces that can wipe out the human race

1 Like

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 01, 2016
Explorers:
4. Russia Presence In Syria.

At the time of this article’s writing, the Syrian skies are crowded with Russian fighter jets.

It’s estimated that Russia has carried out at least 55 airstrikes over various ISIS camps.

ISIS is regarded globally as a manifestation of pure evil, so one might question why a Russian attack against them would be bad.

One of several issues here is that Russia isn’t the only military presence in Syria a faction of the U.S army is also stationed there, with their own agenda.

The differences between Russian and American military agendas in Syria are too vast to fit this entry, but an important factor here is that Syrian airspace has become crowded, and there’s an increasing risk of an air crash occurring between the two countries.

It almost happened already a U.S. F-16 fighter came within 20 miles of Russian warplanes.

At the speeds they were travelling, the warplanes could have crashed within 30 seconds. An accident of that magnitude can potentially lead to a misunderstanding of intent that could snowball into a major conflict between the two superpowers and their global allies.
And Clinton wants to declare Syria a 'no fly zone' essentially meaning she'll shoot down the Russian jets.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Explorers(m): 5:29am On Nov 01, 2016
9. Airspace.

China announced that they are changing their air-defense zone by increasing what they consider to be their airspace and taking space from Taiwan, South Korea and Japan.

A newly configured air defense zone in the East China Sea, a zone that they and they alone would control, to the point of shooting down aircraft that wandered into it.

The Chinese are pushing to see if others will push back, and yet again nobody is. China now claims the airspace above the Senkaku islands too and are threatening to push Japan out.

South Korea fought back by changing its air-defense zone and taking part of Chinese airspace. The Philippines have also had some of their airspace taken by China, and if the Chinese defend that airspace with terminal force, then the US army is contractually obliged to help thanks to a 1951 pact still being in place.

Add to this the fact that Japan, China and South Korea have been re-arming over the last few years.

Fights over air space and strategic islands are all that is needed to start another war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by rose54321: 5:38am On Nov 01, 2016
If so Nigeria is doom, what do we have sef: cutlass and ak47; when the world is going nuclear.
Well sha it will not happen In my generation..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by metallisc(m): 6:51am On Nov 01, 2016
phrenology:
This has got to be the most useless piece i have ever read till this point of my life. All the pointers here keep mentioning russia this, russia that. It didn't even mention the gross atrocities of the US of Anarchy and how they have turned this world into a world of near anarchy. It fails to point out that in every conflict Russia has ever involved herself with was for self defence as demonstrated in the first and second world war. It also fails to mention that the NATO(North Atlantic Terrorist Organization) an American controlled Terror unit have been encircling Russia since the organization was created with one goal stop Russia. They have carried out series of propaganda and false flags aimed at getting Russia into a direct conflict with them but failed. They carried out series bombing raids against Russias neighbours without russia retaliating(Kosovo as a case study).
Now to Syria, how do you explain the fact that an American backed regime change was activated in the only country where Russia maintains their only military base in the Middle East? Think of how the US will react to regime change inspired by Russia in countries like oman, Qatar, Jordan, Saudi Arabia? Who do you think they will weigh in for? You think they will just stand idle and do nothing?
Russia did what many sane countries will do by intervening in the Syrian conflicts (not after allowing the West to self destruct and show the world how hypocritical they are and their double standardness). They allowed ISIS to foster with the hope that it will hasten the removal of Assad but got their ass whipped by Mother Russia who couldn't stomach the two face demons no more.
And OP so you know. What i meant by the most useless piece i have read is because this is a copy and paste work where you failed to post the source. I know you can't wake up and upload this kind of junk out of the blue. This is surely the work of the MSM that has made it a task to tag everything wrong with the world on Russia.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by SweetJoystick(m): 7:15am On Nov 01, 2016
The war is imminent, it might only be delayed, but it will certainly happen
Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:45am On Nov 01, 2016
Bujumbura:
angry
Depending on the part u hug.
People will probably chain you thinking youvare mad
Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Gosj01(m): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2016
ცơơҠmąřҠɛɖ

#ơřıřɛ
Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by Explorers(m): 9:20am On Nov 01, 2016
10. Food Shortage/Drought/Enviromental Disaster.

According to the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), 842 million people in the world are currently undernourished.

The United Nations and World Bank claim there won’t be enough food for the global population by 2050.

If the food shortage reaches a critical mass and whole nations face death by famine, countries will not hesitate to attack each other over food supply.

In places like Calinfonia or Chad, If you flew over these areas ten years ago, and boarded the sameflight today, you would be seeing two vastly different landscapes.

Drought has effectively dried out a staggering amount of the state’s water supply. Should the drought persist, it will reduce the food output and turn the citizens into climate refugees.

If the problem isn’t a scarcity of water, it may be an excess. According to Michael Klare, Author of Resource Wars: “Rising sea levels will in the next half-century erase many coastal areas, destroying large cities, critical infrastructure (including roads, railroads, ports, airports, pipelines, refineries, and power plants), and prime agricultural land.”

If an environmental disaster destroys a country, its populace will not simply evaporate along with the last traces of their water they will need a proper place to stay, and if another country does not let them in they will have no choice but to break the door down.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by neocortex: 9:45am On Nov 01, 2016
phrenology:
And OP so you know. What i meant by the most useless piece i have read is because this is a copy and paste work where you failed to post the source. I know you can't wake up and upload this kind of junk out of the blue. This is surely the work of the MSM that has made it a task to tag everything wrong with the world on Russia.

It seems you don't understand the title, this isn't a thread about who is right or wrong
but why world war 3 may occur.
Next time read the title before you comment.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Signs We Are Heading Towards World War III by neocortex: 9:48am On Nov 01, 2016
Rossikk:

Humans will still be alive, we are biological specimens capable of incredible
adaptations.
While nuclear weapons are capable of causing enormous damage to human
lives, the present stocks can not bring an end to human live on earth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oil Spill In Mauritius Turns Crystal Clear Indian Ocean Black (Photos) / 100yr Old WWII Vet Breaks Down In Tears; This Is Not The America We Fought For / Donald And Melania Trump Test Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.