Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Anyone Tried Window 7 Yet? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Anyone Tried Window 7 Yet? (896 Views)

Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him / Shark Bites Man As He Tried To Kiss It / Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Tried Window 7 Yet? by dem1: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2009
Has anyone tried window 7 yet? is it any good?
Re: Anyone Tried Window 7 Yet? by ladijacobs: 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2009
Im using it as I speak. It is far better than Vista and is faster. Runs well on my friend's 1Gb RAM machine, compared with the slow Vista. I use it on 3Gb and its a speed demon.
Re: Anyone Tried Window 7 Yet? by shadowmay(m): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2009
yep ladijacobs is right. but my beef is that it runs only selected anti virus and does not allow the installation of victual drives like demon tools
Re: Anyone Tried Window 7 Yet? by ladijacobs: 1:42am On Oct 29, 2009
shadowmay:

yep ladijacobs is right. but my beef is that it runs only selected anti virus and does not allow the installation of victual drives like demon tools

You're right about the antivirus thing: actually ALL Vista software work on Win 7 except the softwares that talk directly to the computer hardware e.g. antiviruses, emulators (like Daemon) etc.

But If you freely download the most recent Daemon tools, it works with Win 7. It will complain about compatibility but dont mind it. You can restart after installing, and it will start working really fine. Im using it right now, in fact.

For me, I have been using Norton since 2002 but right now there's no Norton that works smoothly with Win 7 (Norton 2010 is promised to do so, but its not yet so stable with Win 7, i hear). So I had to switch to ESET Smart security, which is also cool, I found out that it has the strongest heuristic statistics currently (its best at catching previously-unknown viruses and malware). They gave me a 30-day trial but I got some Chinese sites that give you new serials every now and then. If you are interested I can post them here.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any such Chinese sites. I am only reporting what I found on the internet. If you like ESET Antivirus, please purchase it.
Re: Anyone Tried Window 7 Yet? by xreakz(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2009
been using it since the beta version, as ladijacobs said its a speed demon, it would run without hassle on a pentuim M 1.4Ghz CPU running on 512MB RAM

(1) (Reply)

New Opera Browser Launched In The Google App Store Free Hope It Works With MTN / How To Extend Your Laptop Battery Life / Mtn 4GB In The Absence Of Jumia 3GB Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.