Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (81022 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In January 2019 / 50 Songs By Other Africans That Were Hits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
dominique:
Nothing from Mike Okri? I was hoping to see at least 'Omoge' in the list. TBH I don't know up to half of those songs listed up there, nice list all the same
Omoge is there

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Lilimax(f): 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mzsolmi:
Where's Awilo Logomba?
Awilo is not a Nigerian embarassed
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by monlawal(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2 the song is dankalin turawa I.e oyigbo potatoes
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
ofemigeorge:
Is funmi Adams still alive? Where is she?

Follow these thread

https://www.nairaland.com/2636772/hunt-funmi-adams-1-updated/4
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Slim101(m): 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:

Tickle Me by Alex Zitto is on the list. Daniel Wilson's Mr Ragamuffin is on thee list. I think the song that you are trying to remember is Funmi Adams' Omode.

Thanks brov
I gotta just have 98% of ur songs on my playlist. Better than 10 bottles of champagne!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
gbosaa:
Oliver De Coque, Osadebe and Sir Warrior aka Oriental brothers should make the top 50 of any naija classics.

I absolutely LOVE Oliver De Coque's Identity (it's on the list). You don't only get entertained, you also learn a lot from it (message music). It's also very funny.

The guitar riffs from Osondi Owendi (it's also on the list) are absolutely fabulous. Almost as good as Sir Victor Uwaifo's Joromi.

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by origima: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
The writer is bias or lack full idea of popular Nigerian songs.men where is Oriental brothers. Where is Dr sir warrior songs?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by samo50(m): 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
cry cryI will like to download the way forward by sunny ade any link??
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ochubaebube(m): 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
OP u omitted Dagrin's "pon pon" and Dare Art Alade's "girl I used to know "

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Lilimax(f): 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nice research and collections from the great naptu2 smiley It brought some of the musics to my memory... Well done sir!
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Lilimax(f): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
ochubaebube:
OP u omitted Dagrin's "pon pon" and Dare Art Alade's "girl I used to know "
Abeg, these your music's were released yesterday so to say. They are no mate to the musics on the list embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Neenie(f): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mo ni gbagbe oshi, shabalaba---Davido grin undecided
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
naptu2:
Where are they now?
Both Kris Okotie and Dizzy K are now pastors.
Roy Murray Bruce (Xstacy) and Pretty are both entertainment executives.

I haven't heard about Stella Murray-Bruce in almost 30 years.
Junior died in 2005.
remember junior the pretty
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
Caveatemptor:
I also feel some of Fela Ransome Kutis early songs before he became radical,should be on this list such as Ekuro,buy Nigeria,Aya was no, and Ojo Monday,should be on your list.@Naptu2.

Fela did not start music as a social commentator and a lot of his early albums,although not popular are very,very good.
Davido and Lagbaja have tapped into his early songs,modernized ttem and used them to become popular. Even Ebenezer Obey tapped into early Fela songs and made dough.

OMG! Ojo Monday! OMG!

That's actually why I added Oni Dodo Oni Moin Moin. It represents that era, when he was still Fela Ransome-Kuti.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by cassidy1996(m): 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
Mzsolmi:
Where's Awilo Logomba?
the list is for Nigerian songs
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
redcliff:

Nel oliver nko..

Nel Oliver is Beninoise. He is not Nigerian.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
Naptu, where are the following in your list?

Lijadu sisters
Orlando Owoh
Lefty
Mamman Shata
Dan Maraya
Eddy Grant

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
Caveatemptor:

I think that Onyiara song was initially sang by multi instrumentalist,Jake Solo. I am not sure but that guy was a bad mudafocker.

slysteel:
Are you not talking about akula by charley boy?

YES! God bless you guys! You've helped me solve one part of the puzzle. The title of the song is Akula Owu Onyeara and it was originally done by The Funkees.

Cc joseph1832ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
You did a great job withbthis list though, kudos!
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by olokstob(m): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
I have almost all this music.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
Naptu, where are the following in your list?

Lijadu sisters
Orlando Owoh
Lefty
Mamman Shata
Dan Maraya
Eddy Grant

Two of Orlando Owoh's songs are on the list (Alagbon and Kangaroo). By the way, do you know the name of that song in which he criticised General Babangida? The song is a bit x-rated.

Interestingly, I was humming Eddy Grant's Electric Avenue while compiling this list. Three songs were playing in my mind while compiling this list and they are:

Sonny Okosun - Mother And Child
Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
Kris Okotie - (I don't know the title of the song, but he sings "Don't go o o" in the chorus).

But Eddy Grant isn't Nigerian.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by DjSwaga(m): 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
adioolayi:
Nigeria my beloved Country...Working together is the Key...Our future is You and Me...That song is evergreen

Hmmnnn the children singing. Can remember right now. Legendary song
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Fussbot: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
NAPTU2!
WHO SANG
ESHE RE KO DARA, ESE RE KO DARA O ENI AYE KAN ESE KO DA
AND
SEYI TOO SE ORE MI OJO NLO, EYI TO BA SHE LA OROYIN
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by DjSwaga(m): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Lilimax:
Awilo is not a Nigerian embarassed

D.R.Congo, hope I'm not wrong tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by amagunnerfan2: 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Good bless you op.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by temmydee181(m): 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
wondering y Saint Janet's sonq Iz nt on d list
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by DjSwaga(m): 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
Neenie:
Mo ni gbagbe oshi, shabalaba---Davido grin undecided

I remember Davido sang that song in 1982 grin

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ceejaysimple(m): 10:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
Legendary 2 baba's songs evergreen as though fresh from the studio... That same man that bridged the gap between old school and new school singers ,hence made head way for most of these noise makers claiming musicians.... Big ups baba!
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by DjSwaga(m): 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
Fussbot:
NAPTU2!

WHO SANG

ESHE RE KO DARA, ESE RE KO DARA O ENI AYE KAN ESE KO DA

AND

SEYI TOO SE ORE MI OJO NLO, EYI TO BA SHE LA OROYIN

Eshe re ko dara , I think was by Dipo Sodipo... I think so
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by benjsniper33: 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
Omo na your own be that, how can you mention ace songs like this without mentioning the late DAGRIN
Go back and add the following songs-

Pon pon pon By Dagrin , one of the best of all time

Why Me by Dbanj
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by HCF(m): 10:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
You have done a good job naptu, taking me down memory lane....I loved the good old days,nothing compares...Here are some other songs I also enjoyed those days;

Amona tete mabo by J.A Adelakun and Ayewa group
Palmwine tapper-.Sweet breeze
She is my choice-Sweet Breeze
Still searching-Bongos Ikwue
Iye Jemila-Victor Olaiya
Beautiful woman-Cloud 7
IK dairo-Apon ti o laya.
Dan Maraya Jos..I don't understand Hausa but I just loved the aura each time I listened to him in the 80s.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by DjSwaga(m): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
@ naptu2.....please do you know the name of that track King Sunny Ade sang one song about Nigeria------- Naijeriya something something? Ain't a Yoruba but, I love that song so much. Am also a great fan of Ebenezer Obey cool cool

Maybe Nigeria yi, ti gbogbo wa ni

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Muraino Ft. Zinoleesky - Ole (lazy) / Download This Hot And Fresh HIP-HOP/R&B Mixtape By DJ Hypno / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In June 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.