Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (81027 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In January 2019 / 50 Songs By Other Africans That Were Hits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by edlion57(m): 6:14am On Nov 02, 2016
U hv a good record
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by deekseen(m): 6:21am On Nov 02, 2016
redcliff:

Nel oliver nko..
I think Nel Oliver is from Benin Republic.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by bismarck: 6:22am On Nov 02, 2016
Please naptu2, what of 'Ririovara' by Edna Ogholi This song should be in top 100 (though I don't understand the language)

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by HCF(m): 6:22am On Nov 02, 2016
warrenweste:

Pls what year was that amona tete mabo released?i luv the song

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by eaglechild: 6:26am On Nov 02, 2016
jnrbayano:

*If I have the wings like a dove* *I love children everywhere* *Gini ka I na-eme oge ncha*
Where is that "child star" right now?
Good recall
I don't know her name or whereabouts.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 6:29am On Nov 02, 2016
Ishilove:
Can someone remind me of Dizzy K's most popular song? Can't remember the tune

I can't remember all the words, but it goes something like this (I've posted asterix in place of words that I've forgotten).

It's been **** years since we met each other,
But you *****
You rejected my love,
Baby Kilode!

And the guitar goes du du du du du dum dum dum.

I love you, I love you, I'll never let you go,
Baby kilode!
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 6:34am On Nov 02, 2016
jnrbayano:

*If I have the wings like a dove*
*I love children everywhere*
*Gini ka I na-eme oge ncha*

Where is that "child star" right now?

eaglechild:

Good recall

I don't know her name or whereabouts.

You are referring to one of two people.

1) From my memory, Wings of A Dove was sung by Yvonne Maha.

2) And Gini ka I na-eme oge ncha was sung by Chi Chi of Africa.

By the way, I think the person that sang about going to school was Tosin Jegede.

I don't know where Yvonne Maha is, but Chi Chi of Africa was Dele Momodu's personal assistant in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by eaglechild: 6:35am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:

Do you remember the Bobby Benson Show? It was shown on NTA in the '70s. He used to perform magic tricks, tell jokes and sing. I think it was recorded at his hotel.
I'm not quite sure.

It was Ojugbana's version of taxi driver that drew me to Bobby Benson.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 6:35am On Nov 02, 2016
bismarck:
Please naptu2, what of 'Ririovara' by Edna Ogholi This song should be in top 100 (though I don't understand the language)

I decided to choose between it and Obaro and I chose Obaro (Obaro is in the list).

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by steve6: 6:36am On Nov 02, 2016
Nice compilation !
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by teeboy03(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2016
Threads like this make me watch the way I relate with people online.Old people plenty for nairaland o.

You never can tell who is behind that keyboard.

naptu2 thanks for the list.Time to raid YouTube

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by bismarck: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2016
bismarck:
Na wa for you oooo, I 've gone through your list, neither Victor Uwaifo's 'joromi', nor ' Akhuankhuan Ekassa' (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enyvs9f9VnM). Even Rex Lawson 'Iworiwo' is missing. Hmmm
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 6:48am On Nov 02, 2016
bismarck:

Na wa for you oooo, I 've gone through your list, neither Victor Uwaifo's 'joromi', nor ' Akhuankhuan Ekassa' (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enyvs9f9VnM). Even Rex Lawson 'Iworiwo' is missing. Hmmm

Joromi is on the list. So also is Guitar Boy (Mammy Water). How can I exclude Joromi?

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by jnrbayano(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:

You are referring to one of two people.

1) From my memory, Wings of A Dove was sung by Yvonne Maha.

2) And Gini ka I na-eme oge ncha was sung by Chi Chi of Africa.

By the way, I think the person that sang about going to school was Tosin Jegede.

I don't know where Yvonne Maha is, but Chi Chi of Africa was Dele Momodu's personal assistant in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Bro, you senior me hooha.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by TundeCole(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2016
Nice compilation! No argument.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by olaBanks(m): 7:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Na old people comment pass for this post. Nothing like name calling or checking. It was purely cool. The posts were short, simple and a reflection of maturity. I wish we young people can follow suit. God bless old people and preserve the young ones.

7 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by yamunla(m): 7:22am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:
Felix Lebarty - Loverboy (c1982)

there is a song that goes like this "Hear the children crying,hear the children helpless,nne'm o,iya mi o" please whats the title and the artist name..thanks
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 7:27am On Nov 02, 2016
yamunla:
there is a song that goes like this "Hear the children crying,hear the children helpless,nne'm o,iya mi o" please whats the title and the artist name..thanks

The artist is Christy Essien Igbokwe. The title of the song is either Hear The Call or Hear The Children.

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Jethrolite(m): 7:48am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:

Two of Alex O's songs are in the list (Do It In The Name Of Love and Banana).
I knew I was mentioning someone already in your list but what if the others especially that Edmund Spice?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Popsyn1(m): 7:54am On Nov 02, 2016
@ Naptu; This is a fabulous compilation. Thumbs up! However, I think you missed out on the likes of Tunde Nightingale, Dayo Kujoore, and Dele Abiodun. Their songs remain evergreen.
I also feel there should have been a mention of the trio of Yusuf Olatunji, Aruna Ishola, and Ayinla Omowura. These folks didn't die with their songs.
Yusuf Olatunji's songs in particular are always a lullaby to me.

Regards,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by yamunla(m): 7:55am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:

The artist is Christy Essien Igbokwe. The title of the song is either Hear The Call or Hear The Children.
Thanks..so funny how the song is nowhere..youtube,naijapals and co..pls if u have any link to download or listen ..pls share
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by frank442: 7:56am On Nov 02, 2016
One person is missing. The omoge man. Mike okri

Time na money

I love is sisi
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2016
frank442:
One person is missing. The omoge man. Mike okri

Time na money

I love is sisi

Time Na Money is on the list.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 02, 2016
OP nice work
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 8:17am On Nov 02, 2016
HCF:

Alright thanks
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:

I decided to choose between it and Obaro and I chose Obaro (Obaro is in the list).

@ naptu2.
You forgot.. Bola Abimbola..se re re laye

Do u remember that song?? And do u have any chi chi of Africa song or any tyba onwaduwe songs or do u have back to the basics ?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Abass07(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2016
Wow!Honestly,this is the only thread that I have enjoyed so much on nairaland.Kudos to Naptu2 and everybody that commented with maturity.

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Myrolemodel: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2016
I did not see one song by a Yoruba lady whose name I have forgotten, but the song is titled "bata mi". There were also some songs by Oliver de Coque as well as the Egedege the Queen of Culture.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by chicoMX(m): 9:31am On Nov 02, 2016
Lilimax:
Indomie Generation smiley
Which kind indomie generation, I have been around since the days of ice water
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by chicoMX(m): 9:31am On Nov 02, 2016
Lilimax:

Which kind indomie generation, I have been around since the days of ice water grin
Lilimax:

Which kind indomie generation, I have been around since the days of ice water cheesy
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by maj007(m): 10:36am On Nov 02, 2016
Where is FUJI GARBAGE by Sikiru Ayinde Barrister?

Where is Talazo 84 by KWAM1?

And yet OP picked Bubble by Ayuba..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Muraino Ft. Zinoleesky - Ole (lazy) / Download This Hot And Fresh HIP-HOP/R&B Mixtape By DJ Hypno / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In June 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.