Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (81014 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In January 2019 / 50 Songs By Other Africans That Were Hits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Freciprocal: 12:09am On Nov 02, 2016
IBNgemini:

Yeah,i also like the riff and solo of joromi,only God knows how those olden days musician learn how to play musical instruments considering most of them have no formal training in music.... imagine person dey play guitar with his teeth

Mammywater inspired! grin
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Ishilove: 12:09am On Nov 02, 2016
Haute:

You must be like a thousand years old. shocked
Nope, under 40 grin
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by McBrooklyn(m): 12:11am On Nov 02, 2016
Freciprocal:

IK dairo (Dad and son) and Shola Allyson respectively
Wow, thanks Bruh. I'll check that out now cool

But I thought it was a female that sand "Ife bi eji owuro"
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Freciprocal: 12:14am On Nov 02, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Wow, thanks Bruh. I'll check that out now cool

But I thought it was a female that sand "Ife bi eji owuro"

Yeah... Shola is a babe
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by musicwriter(m): 12:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Does anybody know where in Nigeria I can buy all Fela CDs, ORIGINAL copy?

And there're many songs by one early 80's group called the "Doves" that is missing on the list. The list is subjective though.

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by McBrooklyn(m): 12:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Freciprocal:

Yeah... Shola is a babe

OK, I'll check that out now Bruh cool

I may still come back for more when I remember their names though if you don't mind wink
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Freciprocal: 12:22am On Nov 02, 2016
McBrooklyn:

OK, I'll check that out now Bruh cool

I may still come back for more when I remember their names though if you don't mind wink

No worries... I am awake, trying to download all the song online wink
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 02, 2016
someone should help me with the title of the song,it goes like this....

o my son,you should be ready to lay good foundation,so that in the nearest future,you will become one of the leaders,so we prayyy,ameeennn

cc.naptu2
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by McBrooklyn(m): 12:25am On Nov 02, 2016
Freciprocal:

No worries... I am awake, trying to download all the song online wink

Lol, no shît now wink

BTW, I thought a lady sang the same "Sweet mother", right??
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by jnrbayano(m): 12:29am On Nov 02, 2016
eaglechild:
Very good list.

Perhaps it should have been named 150 best classic songs and the list should be "in no particular order" because it is really difficult to put some ahead of others.

I believe I've listened to all the songs and I'll make a playlist out of this.

Some child stars like the girl that sang I'm going to school to learn can be slotted in.

*If I have the wings like a dove*
*I love children everywhere*
*Gini ka I na-eme oge ncha*

Where is that "child star" right now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by freeman95(m): 12:29am On Nov 02, 2016
pls someone help with the title of this orits wiliki's song

cant remember the title cos i was young then but i could remember something like

'oh why why oh why why the short people'
'the short people...'

it had dwarfs in the videos pls i need this song!!!
pls!
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by freeman95(m): 12:35am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:

pls someone help with the title of this orits wiliki's song

cant remember the title cos i was young then but i could remember something like

'oh why why oh why why the short people'
'the short people...'

it had dwarfs in the videos pls i need this song!!!
pls
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Freciprocal: 12:36am On Nov 02, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Lol, no shît now wink

BTW, I thought a lady sang the same "Sweet mother", right??

This is the Original.... any other one is not worth hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by jnrbayano(m): 12:38am On Nov 02, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
Naptu, where are the following in your list?

Lijadu sisters
Orlando Owoh
Lefty
Mamman Shata
Dan Maraya
Eddy Grant

When did Eddy Grant naturalized to become a Nigerian?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by XaintJoel20: 12:39am On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=Ogbeche77 post=50689108]Naptu2. Nairaland resident anorack & encyclopedia has spoken..
No dispute..End of discussion cheesy

This weekend, I ll take time to download all the songs listed & update my playlist.. Time to go old skool[/quote
Help me with the sites where I can download some of these songs.
Thanks..
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by jnrbayano(m): 12:40am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:

YES! God bless you guys! You've helped me solve one part of the puzzle. The title of the song is Akula Owu Onyeara and it was originally done by The Funkees.

Cc joseph1832ng

*Owu ishi mmebi ooo owu onye ara....Owu ishi mgbaka ooo owu onye ara*

cheesy
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by McBrooklyn(m): 12:45am On Nov 02, 2016
Freciprocal:

This is the Original.... any other one is not worth hearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA

Waoh, OK ah go download am now cool

I may still come back for more when ah don remember their names, I tried but I can't seems to remember them vividly now embarassed
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Jethrolite(m): 12:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Naptu2 I think this your list is excluding very crucial acts from the late 80's and early 90's-the guys in premier music, Alex O, Alex Zito, Edmund Spice, Peter otthiong, Sandy Ermers, Felix and moses.

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 1:03am On Nov 02, 2016
HCF:
You have done a good job naptu, taking me down memory lane....I loved the good old days,nothing compares...Here are some other songs I also enjoyed those days;

Amona tete mabo by J.A Adelakun and Ayewa group

Palmwine tapper-.Sweet breeze
She is my choice-Sweet Breeze
Still searching-Bongos Ikwue
Iye Jemila-Victor Olaiya
Beautiful woman-Cloud 7
IK dairo-Apon ti o laya.
Dan Maraya Jos..I don't understand Hausa but I just loved the aura each time I listened to him in the 80s.. cheesy

Pls what year was that amona tete mabo released?i luv the song
@ Naptu pls add bola are..eyin obo ogo o smiley

and roseline ogunro..ofofo..do u remember that song? nibi won gba se ofofo kiri.ategun ba gbe gele lo
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by tolor: 1:25am On Nov 02, 2016
@naptu you forgot this onyeka's song that Psquare recently sampled.,;Iyogogo
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by rennylaw(m): 3:25am On Nov 02, 2016
Ogbeche77:
Naptu2. Nairaland resident anorack & encyclopedia has spoken..
No dispute..End of discussion cheesy

This weekend, I ll take time to download all the songs listed & update my playlist.. Time to go old skool

Will like to do so too.please where do you hope to download it?.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 4:21am On Nov 02, 2016
Naptu2...an excellent and very detailed compilation. Brings back beautiful memories.
Some songs should probably have made the list though, such as:

Akpangiliyo - Tina Onwudiwe (for some reasons, I can't find this song anywhere)
Kilode - Stella Monye
Ife - Stella Monye
Ozigi zaga - Chris Hanen
Wings of a dove - Yvonne Maha
Free - Fellyx & Mozzyx
Baby don't cry - Chris Mba
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 5:12am On Nov 02, 2016
Jethrolite:
Naptu2 I think this your list is excluding very crucial acts from the late 80's and early 90's-the guys in premier music, Alex O, Alex Zito, Edmund Spice, Peter otthiong, Sandy Ermers, Felix and moses.

Two of Alex O's songs are in the list (Do It In The Name Of Love and Banana).
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Caveatemptor(m): 5:34am On Nov 02, 2016
Ishilove:

O ma ga ke. Boda Caveat, eyin ti d'arugbo ke. cheesy

Twale!! cheesy

Aunty Ishilove,
Old skool in mi.
Age ain't nothing but a number.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 5:38am On Nov 02, 2016
dominique:
Nothing from Mike Okri? I was hoping to see at least 'Omoge' in the list. TBH I don't know up to half of those songs listed up there, nice list all the same

Mike Okri's Time Na Money is on the list. Scroll through the list, I'm sure you'll see a lot of songs that you know. I arranged it in chronological order (though not strictly so) from the 1950s/60s down to the 2010s.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 5:54am On Nov 02, 2016
Every few decades politicians and governments propose these utopian years. These are years when, according to governments, politicians and bureaucrats, we would have food for all, shelter for all, etc.

So, in the late 1980s the government started talking about food for all by the year 1990, shelter for all by the year 1990 and President Babangida promised to hand over to an elected civilian government on October 1st, 1990.

So Charlie Boy sang this afrobeat song in which he criticised the government and politicians. He believed that politicians were preparing to loot the country (Dem don sew their trouser with big pocket).

Charlie Boy - 1990 (1988).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4r4IU91fbY

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Saintabey: 6:01am On Nov 02, 2016
Nice compilation but what happened to evergreens from Obey commander and Ayinla Kollington.

Obey songs like Miliki and What God Has Joined Together
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by deekseen(m): 6:07am On Nov 02, 2016
Ishilove:
Can someone remind me of Dizzy K's most popular song? Can't remember the tune
Baby kilode
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by deekseen(m): 6:11am On Nov 02, 2016
naptu2:

Kris Okotie - (I don't know the title of the song, but he sings "Don't go o o" in the chorus).

Please, don't go

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Muraino Ft. Zinoleesky - Ole (lazy) / Download This Hot And Fresh HIP-HOP/R&B Mixtape By DJ Hypno / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In June 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.