Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. (29445 Views)

Pretty Nigerian Lady Is In Search Of A Boyfriend / Pretty Lady In Search Of A Boyfriend On Twitter (Pictures) / What's The Likelihood Of Finding A Decent Girl To Marry At A Night Club? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Toks2008(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
Often times we hear the single and searching use this phrase and I tend to wonder what it means to be decent?

Decency means a different thing to different people but according to the English dictionary, the word decent is an adjective used to describe an acceptable or satisfactory standard of a person which brings to mind this simple question;"Can one ever find a partner who has a total satisfactory and acceptable persona?"

The answer is a BIG NO.

You say Tony is a dude but he is too stingy,Jude is romantic but too lousy,Dele is caring but talks too much,Stephen is focused but too possessive and you just broke up with Tade because he is too arrogant.

You say Abigail seems ok but she is dirty, you like Mary but she is too dry,Mayowa would have been your ideal lady but she lacks manners and kaffy is so calm but she can't speak good English.

No matter how hard you try, you will never find a "decent" partner that meets all your standard and there will always be a reason to leave that partner of yours because every one of us have one or two indecent character which may not be too obvious at first but will usually come crawling to the surface in due time and when such nature becomes obvious,we tend to wonder where it has been hiding in that person and we usually tag it "irreconcilable differences" then we break up with that person just to be on a wide goose chase with another presumably better partner.

The bottom line is that we should stop looking for a partner that will pass the decency test and learn to take people for who they are. You may never see all you want in one person and if you think you have then be prepared for a rude shock when you eventually discover the indecent side.

Have an open mind when searching for a partner and look for the top most quality you want and be prepared to tolerate him or her,learn to celebrate the good sides and overlook the bad sides because no one is really totally decent and that includes you.

N.B:The act of physical violence against your partner transcends beyond an indecent act but a beastly one hence this write up does not encourage anyone to tolerate a partner who is violent.

Hope this makes sense.

126 Likes 22 Shares

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by sauceTDA(m): 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
Yea. No one's perfect. Only God

7 Likes

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
sauceTDA:
Yea. No one's perfect. Only God
You said it all.
Once you have it at the back of your mind that "no one is perfect", you're likely to tolerate for Love...and what matters is loving your spouse for who she/he is.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Vanessa88(f): 7:58pm On Nov 01, 2016
To be factual, it is not about being compatible but how couples deal with their incompatibility"..

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by McBrooklyn(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
wink

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by skywalker240(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
hmmm hmm.. undecided
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
What is this
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
Toks2008:
Often times we hear the single and searching use this phrase and I tend to wonder what it means to be decent?

Decency means a different thing to different people but according to the English dictionary, the word decent is an adjective used to describe an acceptable or satisfactory standard of a person which brings to mind this simple question;"Can one ever find a partner who has a total satisfactory and acceptable persona?"

The answer is a BIG NO.

No matter how hard you try, you will never find a "decent" partner that meets all your standard and there will always be a reason to leave that partner of yours because every one of us have one or two indecent character which may not be too obvious at first but will usually come crawling to the surface in due time and when such nature becomes obvious,we tend to wonder where it has been hiding in that person and we usually tag it "irreconcilable differences" then we break up with that person just to be on a wide goose chase with another presumably better partner.

The bottom line is that we should stop looking for a partner that will pass the decency test and learn to take people for who they are. You may never see all you want in one person and if you think you have then be prepared for a rude shock when you eventually discover the indecent side.

Have an open mind when searching for a partner and look for the top most quality you want and be prepared to tolerate that person,celebrate the good sides and overlook the bad sides because no one is really decent and that includes you.

Hope this makes sense.
This FP means nothing to me without LIKES!!!!

3 Likes

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Toks2008(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nma27:
At last, sheen you are searching for a decent partner to marry huh; I have one sweet caring lady to hook you up with. Holla at me to match you guys up. P.S she's based in Abuja

10 Likes

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=Toks2008 post=50688940][/quote]Are u not in search of a decent partner again? OK, I must admit I didn't even read your post

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Omotayor123(f): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
You said it well toks. For me I just Look out for Someone who loves me and vice versa. Every other thing is secondary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Toks2008(m): 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nma27:
Are u not in search of a decent partner again? OK, I must admit I didn't even read your post

Tot as much cos i was only being creative with the title. But u love making friends tho *winks*
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2016
Toks2008:

Tot as much cos i was only being creative with the title. But u love making friends tho *winks*
grin
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
This account has been hacked undecided
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Warhawk(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
Are you in Sambisa or beyond?? Do you need a sugar mummy to take care of you?? With up to #70k per round?? Call agent Shekau ryt now!!

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Toks2008(m): 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
skarlett:
This account has been hacked undecided

You sure sey you read the write up so?
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Diplomaticbeing(m): 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
Yes, one can find a decent partner. This is so because attitude (persona or superfication) is not always direct reflection of attribute. The former can be learned or faked but the latter is innate.

So, one who is able to differentiate attitude from attribute can sure find a decent partner. Using standard-base of 100 percent, any partner that possesses from 70 percent upwards of the attributes one desires in a partner can lay claim of having a decent partner.

However, tell me that one cannot find a perfect partner and I will agree with you 100 percent.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
Toks2008:

You sure sey you read the write up so?

I read it that's why I doubt you wrote it...so you can write something this reasonable shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Toks2008(m): 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
skarlett:

I read it that's why I doubt you wrote it...so you can write something this reasonable shocked

You no well..wait make I catch you..

9 Likes

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Toks2008(m): 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
Yes, one can find a decent partner. This is so because attitude (persona or superfication) is not always direct reflection of attribute. The former can be learned or faked but the latter is innate.

So, one who is able to differentiate attitude from attribute can sure find a decent partner. Using standard-base of 100 percent, any partner that possesses from 70 percent upwards of the attributes one desires in a partner can lay claim of having a decent partner.

However, tell me that one cannot find a perfect partner and I will agree with you 100 percent.

We are on same page.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by sauceTDA(m): 10:59pm On Nov 01, 2016
Benita27:
You said it all.
Once you have it at the back of your mind that "no one is perfect", you're likely to tolerate for Love...and what matters is loving your spouse for who she/he is.
. Love isn't enuf at all. Relationship is about sacrifice.
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by selfmadeOLX(m): 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
Love Love Love.. On everyone's lips smiley

As for me sha grin grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
All this love matter don tire person sef ...

7 Likes

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Toks2008(m): 12:15am On Nov 02, 2016
WiLdFLame:
All this love matter don tire person sef ...

Infact me see tire o.
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Rapmoney(m): 12:46am On Nov 02, 2016
Toks2008, nice post you have written and I commend you for that. That's that...but to be frank with you, if you have met some type of crazy people in life, you would realize that the word 'decency' could really have a general meaning, acceptable among almost every sane and responsible human in a conservative African society like ours.

In as much as relationship thrives on accepting people's flaws and shortcomings which sum up to tolerance, I don't think it is wise to accept someone in marriage who has a trait/traits you cannot tolerate!!! We are all different and so are our desires when it comes to relationships and marriage. If Jude cannot withstand the condition of his wife-to-be not being able to communicate in English, there's no need being in a serious affair with Cynthia who happens to be someone who cannot speak or write in English properly. I bet you, he would never be happy in such marriage. Nobody should judge him because his mind is already conditioned not to accept such condition!

To ease our lives, we just need to know the characters or traits we can tolerate in others and those we cannot tolerate. If one has knowledge of these, one can make marriage or marital affair easier.

If anyone is searching for a partner who is flawless, such a person is living a life of illusions!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by chronique(m): 12:55am On Nov 02, 2016
When most people talk about decency in partners, it's usually about issues bothering or revolving around morality. That's the much I know on that subject.

2 Likes

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 02, 2016
This Post definitely made sense smiley
Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by firstking01(m): 5:26am On Nov 02, 2016
Vanessa88:
To be factual, it is not about being compatible but how couples deal with their incompatibility"..
Yeah, true.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Toks2008(m): 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
Rapmoney:
Toks2008, nice post you have written and I commend you for that. That's that...but to be frank with you, if you have met some type of crazy people in life, you would realize that the word 'decency' could really have a general meaning, acceptable among almost every sane and responsible human in a conservative African society like ours.

In as much as relationship thrives on accepting people's flaws and shortcomings which sum up to tolerance, I don't think it is wise to accept someone in marriage who has a trait/traits you cannot tolerate!!! We are all different and so are our desires when it comes to relationships and marriage. If Jude cannot withstand the condition of his wife-to-be not being able to communicate in English, there's no need being in a serious affair with Cynthia who happens to be someone who cannot speak or write in English properly. I bet you, he would never be happy in such marriage. Nobody should judge him because his mind is already conditioned not to accept such condition!

To ease our lives, we just need to know the characters or traits we can tolerate in others and those we cannot tolerate. If one has knowledge of these, one can make marriage or marital affair easier.

If anyone is searching for a partner who is flawless, such a person is living a life of illusions!

@ The embolden, unfortunately most of these indecent traits is made obvious after marriage or latter in the relationship when a comfort zone have been established.

2 Likes

Re: In Search Of A Decent Partner To Marry. by Sunky200: 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
i once told my bae that "there is no such thing as a perfect relationship", i was suprised when she agreed that i was right and even further emphasise my with examples.

You're right toks, very right.

mutual understanding and tolerance always do the magic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady To Marry Her Cheating Ex-Boyfriend's Brother In South Africa / 1000 Intimate And Funny Questions To Ask Your Partner / Do Women Like Men With Tattoos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.