Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung (28447 Views)

Xiaomi Will Not Dare Hype Their Phones Against Huawei. / Reactions Of People When Their Phones Malfunction (Memes) / Why People Are Deleting Uber From Their Phones After Trump’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by ArabMopol(m): 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2016
Some people are just walking around with time-bomb...
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by socialmediaman: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
Well, has the communications or technology ministry ensured the news media enlighten the users enough?

1 Like

Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by sassiemyk: 1:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
Haha haha ah a, how do u expect a terrorist to return IED ? Na WA you ooo
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by myperiod(f): 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
cucumber will get you one
Who is dis bipolar express? angry
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by itzescape(m): 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
saints2:
Dealers in Nigeria have returned several unsold Galaxy Note 7 phones and had their money refunded. However, the buyers of the sold phones have refused to return them to the dealers for onward return to Samsung.

Although the Galaxy Note 7 phones had not been officially released in Nigeria before the recall, some dealers and customers had already purchased the phone from other countries.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Samsung Electronics West Africa had made provision for dealers to safely package and return the phones to the company due to fault it admitted.

Vincent Anago, a dealer in phones and accessories at Banex plaza, said “dealers across the country have been asked to return the Galaxy Note 7 phones which they have in stock.

“We have returned the ones we have and have been refunded but we still haven’t had many of our customers return the ones we sold them.”

Uche Okoro, a phone dealer, said that quite a number of the phones had been returned to the company but many Nigerians failed to oblige with the request.

“We have been asked to return these phones because of the malfunction which is hazardous but it seems Nigerians are not worried about the situation.

“Some of us were able to get these phones and introduce them to the Nigerian market on time and despite the high cost they sold well.

“We have had a few reported incidences of the phone batteries heating up and leading to a fire and we expected that more people will be convinced of the danger the phone poses.

“We are still pleading with Nigerians to return these phones for an exchange or refund and to take advantage of the opportunity now because the phones won’t be accepted after Samsung stops requesting for them.”

Samsung had first called for the return and halting of sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 products in September due to the number of battery explosions that were reported by consumers.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/11/samsung-note-7-nigerians-refuse-to.html
not only de poor people stubborn for naija oo
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by k2kay(m): 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
African man mentality...If they refuse that's their business
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by sucess001(m): 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2016
myperiod:
who is goin to get one for me..i nid a boo embarassed embarassed

which boo?

Boo that you will always be telling that 'i am on myperiod'?

grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
myperiod:

Who is dis bipolar express? angry
Ask your teacher

1 Like

Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by ollah2: 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
k2kay:
African man mentality...If they refuse that's their business

You are wrong bro. Millions of note 7 can still be found in the wild. Only a Note can replace a Note.
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by mikeade11(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
You deserve more likes fam!!
Turks:
I don't blame us sha...We are used to explosions

*Boko Haram Explosions

*Church theme: "2016 my year of bountiful explosions"

So, a little device with an explosive capability is nothing.. grin
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by wristbangle: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
adorablevic:
Am not ready to return mine yet.. cool

Then get ready for bomb blast cool
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by MrCounselor: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
lol
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Beamborla(f): 1:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
When will Innjooo call for return of their products
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Donlamzy(m): 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
Those wey buy LONDON USE nko, Who dem go return am to??
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by BodyKiss(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
Justycxx:
In other news...
When two elephants battle, the ground suffers..
When two ladies battle, the cucumber suffers..
Grow up.
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by happyjuliet(f): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
what of if the phone wasn't bought here in Nigeria, how do one go about it?
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Jacko1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
Big boys n gals

Our so called big big boys are the ones that bought the phones oh

How much be ma salary wey i wan buy samsung

Return phone .... Now wahala

Trust nepa light sha.... Wen current shake na bomb go blow hehe
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by xylo(m): 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
Even me if for say i get am i no go return am.
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by k2kay(m): 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
ollah2:

You are wrong bro. Millions of note 7 can still be found in the wild. Only a Note can replace a Note.
We talking about the potential injury to users bro...phone's a ticking bomb.
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Richy4(m): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
I read somewhere that South African Authority instructed all airline/ cargo air never to bring in the Note7 product into their country till all issues surrounding that product is cleared...and any passenger in possession of the said phone must remove the battery while on-board....I couldn't believe that an African country could take that kinda measure to protect it's citizen like that...
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Teedeechian(m): 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
When you feel a smartphone like that, returning it would be the last thing on your mind,i won't return it if I have one with me, the phone is to niceand it's painful that we have to wait for another year before having something like that again.
Nothing can replace the Pen on Samsung Galaxy.
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by francotorti(m): 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
ring7:
How can some oloshos return the phone,name sugar daddy buy am nah.
They will rather get exploded wit it than return it but dey wont get any dime back. sugar daddy usually buy wit his name.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by ollah2: 3:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
k2kay:

We talking about the potential injury to users bro...phone's a ticking bomb.

Did you read the part that said millions are still there? Did u expect the numbers to be within Africa alone? It's been weeks since a note 7 went in flames
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by k2kay(m): 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
ollah2:

Did you read the part that said millions are still there? Did u expect the numbers to be within Africa alone? It's been weeks since a note 7 went in flames
Like I said its their business not mine. I just made an opinion which is exclusively mine and not yours. Don't get yourself worked up over this, we are facing more pressing issues in the country than talking about phones. As far as I am concerned, that phone is still a disaster waiting to happen
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by wildchild1: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
we Nigerians tho

Check my signature
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by ify84(m): 3:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
Most likely, the buyers are not aware of this news... The sellers should contact them via their receipts copy....
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
Africans would always be Africans. They are already pleading blood of jesus on the phone until they blow up a plane.
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by babooshka: 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
myperiod:
who is goin to get one for me..i nid a boo embarassed embarassed
Mtchewww! Ur mates get fones 4 themselves. Would av ignored ur comment, but it's so silly. Mic drop!!!
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by myperiod(f): 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
babooshka:
Mtchewww! Ur mates get fones 4 themselves. Would av ignored ur comment, but it's so silly. Mic drop!!!
who is dis bipolar entity..my friend vamoose
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Rosella1: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
Phone wey my course mate dey use for selfie 24/7
Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by sirfee(m): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin
Turks:

*Boko Haram Explosions

. grin
Turks:

*Boko Haram Explosions

Re: Samsung Note 7: Nigerians Refuse To Return Their Phones - Samsung by Khonvicted(m): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
I even saw one wit a man @ the bank today and he was operating and also making call wit it .. Nigerians are great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What You Probably Don't Know About The Ntel Network / OPPO Announces Discount On Smartphone Models Used By BBNaija Husemates / 7 Awesome Mobile Apps By Google You Probably Never Heard Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.