Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. (2256 Views)

Student Walks 20 Miles To New Job – So CEO Gifts Him A Car (pics) / 8 Years Gone. Am Tired Of Being Jobless / April Fools Prank Gone Wrong, Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by ELff: 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hey people, getting a job is tough, most especially during this time of recession, it's d eleventh month of the year and there are some of us who haven't still gotten our dream job, I'm here to say don't loose faith, the ways of God are not the ways of man and the Bible says our help comes from God who made Heaven and earth, but also remember faith without works is dead.
I just want to show some of the ways I ve left my comfort zone when it comes to applying for a job. These ones stand out for me..

I sent A mail to the CEO of an online grocery shop, luckily I was scheduled for an interview, Well, I dint scale the interview.

One of the biggest media and advertising company put out an advert for a trainee, yes! I knew that even if I had experience in some other field, my experience was of little or no importance to them so I decided to think out of the box and then I went to computer village, got a white board, got some paint and took some sand from an uncompleted building close to my house, I mixed the sand and paint together to achieve the desired color and the a mosaic on the board. After doing that I wrapped it in brown paper and took to the office myself, the next hurdle was how do I get this board to the person I needed it to get to considering I couldn't just go there to drop it off without tagging it to a name because I didn't want it to end in a waste bin.. Well, I figured it out..
After about a month, I got a call from the organization commending my effort and what I did, and that it was impressive, they said if there's a need for me, they'd reach out.... No word from them till now. It's all good though.

So Guinness Nigeria was recruiting for the position of an account executive, I have applied to Guinness on several occasions and when I was close close to been an employee, we were sent mails that the position has been put on hold(can't remember vividly if it was canceled) till further notice. So I wanted so badly to stand out from other applicants, I contacted a website developer, told him what I wanted and within what time frame I wanted it, as usual with these so called I. T guys(not all of them though), I got a poor interpretation of what I wanted long after the duration for applications had expired

The Struggle To get that Dream Job Is Real. I Love Business Intelligence, I am presently taking courses On MSBI and I Intend to be One Of The Best Business Inteligence Analyst Known. Im Proficient In The Use Of Advanced Excel For Data Anakysis, pivot Tables And Dashboards, charts And PivOt Charts, Vlookups, formulas Etc.

I Wish Us All Our Heart desires.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by Emmaesty(f): 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
Wow. May God bless your hustle. Remember we are in the eleventh month and it is the eleventh hour when we think all is lost, that we get our miracle. This is your month. Just keep on pushing

7 Likes

Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bro I wish u a bountiful harvest in d mth of November. I claim into that blessing...
God will pick our call....
Dis mth
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by amicable09(f): 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
Wow! Wow! Wow!
This is it!
Exactly what we need to see to stay inspired and desist from outright begging...
Innovation!
Well done bro.

You have successfully told us who you are and what you do including samples to feed our hungry eyes in one single thread.

Keep at it dear. Sooner or later, you'll land your dream job.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by ghettowriter(m): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
I believe with the level of commitment you are putting into this Job hunt, you will definitely achieve your Heart Desire. Good Jobs go locate You and Us.

"Parmanent Site No Far... with Consistency"!
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by ELff: 8:12am On Nov 03, 2016
Emmaesty:
Wow. May God bless your hustle. Remember we are in the eleventh month and it is the eleventh hour when we think all is lost, that we get our miracle. This is your month. Just keep on pushing
Amen thanks so much for the words of encouragement.
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by ELff: 8:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Running204:
Bro I wish u a bountiful harvest in d mth of November. I claim into that blessing...
God will pick our call....
Dis mth
Amen I wish u same and I pray God picks our call soonest.

1 Like

Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by ELff: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2016
amicable09:
Wow! Wow! Wow!
This is it!
Exactly what we need to see to stay inspired and desist from outright begging...
Innovation!
Well done bro.

You have successfully told us who you are and what you do including samples to feed our hungry eyes in one single thread.

Keep at it dear. Sooner or later, you'll land your dream job.

All the best.
Thanks sis, the hustle is real my dear... Lol. I'm trusting God and not loosing faith.
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by ELff: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2016
ghettowriter:
I believe with the level of commitment you are putting into this Job hunt, you will definitely achieve your Heart Desire. Good Jobs go locate You and Us.

"Parmanent Site No Far... with Consistency"!
Amen bro. Thanks for the kind words.
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by amicable09(f): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2016
ELff:

Thanks sis, the hustle is real my dear... Lol. I'm trusting God and not loosing faith.
Lol. It hasn't ever gotten this real! This is the first of its kind cheesy

You've even gone as far as giving unsolicited advice and free consultation services grin. My brother, I am yet to hustle that hard! Lol

You deserve an award grin
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 03, 2016
ELff:

Amen I wish u same and I pray God picks our call soonest.
Amen !

1 Like

Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by crowntoro(f): 9:03am On Nov 03, 2016
It is well... Our time is surely going to come.
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by megawax8: 12:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
Simply Brilliant! Creative thinking is a skill no employer would ignore. You'd definitely land that dream job soon.
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by ELff: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
megawax8:
Simply Brilliant! Creative thinking is a skill no employer would ignore. You'd definitely land that dream job soon.
Amen bro.. Waiting can be tiring but it's well.
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by ELff: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
crowntoro:
It is well... Our time is surely going to come.
Amen sis. Thanks.
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by Gbengageorge: 2:29am On Nov 08, 2016
Try to join MMM and thank me later. You will be making money on the side while looking for job. Call 08067527794. Others that I have helped will soon start smiling to the bank.
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by Idydarling(f): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2016
God bless ur hustle bro
Re: Extra Miles I Have Gone To Get A Job.. by Appliedmaths(m): 10:54am On Nov 08, 2016
One word for you Op, #Believe

(1) (Reply)

Any News About DPR Recruitment?? Update Please!! / CHASE Express Services Limited!!! / Job Vacancies At Asteven Group Of Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.