Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,448 members, 7,819,658 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today (17789 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu's 84th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Tokety7: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2016
Fools are busy celebrating a dead coward. Shame.

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 10:48am On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:
Igbo people would have been by far the largest tribe in Nigeria if not for this stupid man who caused about 3 million of them to be killed.
Igbo people sufferings today in Nigeria are because of this man.

Was is it Ojukwu that killed those 3 million or was it your so called 'one Nigeria' that killed those people? Who came down to the East yo kill 3 million people? Can you imagine in your wildest dreams that Igbos will go to the North to kill millions so that we can all be 'one Nigeria'? Or that Igbos will go to attack Yorubas in the West in the name of 'one Nigeria'? Only a deranged set of peoole kill millions in other to be 'one'

It amuses me when I see Yorubas call Ojukwu a coward. These are the same people that the Northerners came to their land, killed the Governor (Lt Colonel Fajuyi), chased away Brigadier Ogundipe who was supposed to be the next head of state, took over the military barraks in Makoko and Ikeja in Lagos, Abeokuta Barraks, Ibadan Barraks and held the Yoruba nation hostage in their own land. What did Yorubas do? They followed their father, Pa Awolowo to prostrate before the Northerners and say

"Please mr Northerner dont kill me! I believe in one Nigeria! I am not prepared to fight! I pledge to be your slave"

A people who have never been able to fight for anything in Nigeria are the ones who are calling Ojukwu who fought for 3 years a coward? A people who threw their dignity and sovereignty away because they were scared of the Northerners.

What they are more interested in is why Ojukwu did not stay back to get himself killed.

These guys are jokers.

4 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by cenaboy(m): 10:51am On Nov 04, 2016
Jakpon:
Lalasticlala please come and help us put this to the FP. Let us celebrate the memory of Ikemba Nnewi

ikemba Nnewi, Dike di ora Mma, ofu Nwa n' Igbo Nike, Dike ukuu, continue to rest in peace.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ejike007: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2016
Ioannes:
I still don't understand why this man is being celebrated

After leading your people into a needless war where close to 3million of your people died and then you ran away when the battle got close to you, abandoning your people to their fate, how did these acts become worthy of honour and emulation?
the same way you celeberate awolowo and abiola and still celebrating tinubu after selling your birthright to your masters and turn you to slave to your own home,you should curse your ancestors for that

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Evii: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2016
There comes a day when he'll meet with his antidote (Yakubu Gowon) haven't dealt with him physically will also deal with his soul... Akpakpa.

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2016
HBD Sir!!!
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by smallJagaban: 11:15am On Nov 04, 2016
OJUKWU AND COWARDICE

OJUKWU AND ABIDJAN

OJUKWU AND FANI KAYODE LEFT OVER (BIANCA)

OJUKWU AND SELF DELUSION

4 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Indiaindia: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2016
ChetaNwaeze:
Ojukwu could not equip his army properly, he could not feed his civilians adeqauately yet he was boasting before the commencement of hostilities that he had the largest army in black Africa and that the other side(Nigeria) would be shocked as to what they would get from him.

Ojukwu, the initiator of the Biafra civil war, who once boasted that he would fight till the last drop of his blood, eventually ran away to Abidjan after commandeering a plane that was meant to airlift sick Biafran children.

Alhaji Shehu Shagari later granted Ojukwu amnesty in 1982. In 1983, Ojukwu contested in the Senatorial election, he also contested in the 2003 and 2007 Presidential elections and lost woefully on all occasions. It is highly prepostrous that a man who fought against Nigeria later came back to Nigeria and participated at various elections in the same country he fought against

OJUKWU IS AS USELESS AS HIS DEMONIC Biafra DESCENDANTS

5 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by SlayerSupreme: 11:59am On Nov 04, 2016
Indiaindia:

Hmmm. Akwa Ibom guy. So we the Igbo are useless and demonic? Hmmm.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Badtman(m): 12:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
Biafraudexposed Omenka Hungryboy Mardidguy
Oya Sekem Sekem Say Happy Birthday to the Cowardice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
Badtman:
Biafraudexposed Omenka Hungryboy Mardidguy
Oya Sekem Sekem Say Happy Birthday to the Cowardice

Badtman.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Generalyemi(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
Indiaindia:

I pity u.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by loopman: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
gidgiddy:

[s]Was is it Ojukwu that killed those 3 million or you're so called 'one Nigeria' that killed those people? Who came down to the East yo kill 3 million people? Can you imagine in your wildest dreams that Igbos will go to North to kill millions so that we can all be 'one Nigeria'?, or that Igbos will go to attack Yorubas in the West in the name of 'one Nigeria'? Only a deranged set of peoole kill millions in other to be 'one'

It amuses me when I see Yorubas call Ojukwu a coward. These are the same people that the Northerners came to their land, killed the Governor (Lt Colonel Fajuyi), chased away Brigadier Ogundipe who was supposed to be the next head of state, took over the military barraks in Makoko and Ikeja in Lagos, Abeokuta Barraks, Ibadan Barraks and held the Yoruba nation hostage in their own land. What did Yorubas do? They followed their father, Pa Awolowo to prostrate before the Northerners and say

"Please mr Northerner dont kill me! I believe in one Nigeria! I am not prepared to fight! I pledge to be your slave"

A people who have never been able to fight for anything in Nigeria are the ones who are calling Ojukwu who fought for 3 years a coward? A people who threw their dignity and sovereignty away because they were scared of the Northerners.

What they are more interested in is why Ojukwu did not stay back to get himself killed.

These guys are jokers[/s].

You don't fight a war that you are not prepared for, that is not bravery, it's simply foolishness.
After all said and done, the greatest Ibo man that ever liveth is a fuccking moronic egoistic coward that promised his people to fight to the last man but didn't wait for that last man before running away.
In most military traditions of the world especially the Japanese, if Ojukwu had any honor he would have performed the Seppuku or harakiri rather than coming back to Nigeria to contest in elections.
[size=15pt]Such a coward, such a shameless man - in Gowon voice[/size].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfAVrh06fA

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ianSweet(f): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

Senseless comment! Igbo people suffering? So in your small mind, you think your life circumstances is better than average Igbo man? Really which tribe are you? You called him a stupid man, but he is well known, can we say that about any of your family member? Just crawl back to the dark hole you come out from. You're not needed here

You can insult me but u cant change facts or deny the truth.
This man called Ojukwu would have never started what he knew he could not finish.
If he had not started the war, your people would have had the largest population of all tribes in Nigeria.
The old Eastern region would have still been existing by now and u igbos would not have lost Port harcourt!
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ianSweet(f): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
OMAR12:
I beg to quote u in response to others, who know the truth BT just wanted to turn this tread into a war zone. now no ethnicity no matter how meek, humble, kind, it people are would want to share a country with a people and government that openly and also assisted in the killing on 30,000 of it kins men and women under the space of 48 hours. it on record that 30,000 igbos were killed into north. even the Fulani, Hausa, Yoruba, would still be at war till today. cos if they didn't go to war the killing would have continued. the Igbo ethnicity where no coward.
toe to toe we went with Nigeria in the battlefield stats shows that the biafrans were winning the war. until the blockade of food meant for children. the day Nigeria did that, it the day Nigeria lost it conscience, that why it will always turn a blind eye to the cry of her people. yes we lost a few millions my grandfather inclusive. BT it shows we are not pushovers. and best of it all WE ARE NO COWARD. If Gowon had honored the aburi accord, there would have been no need for the war.it the same aburi accord that ojukwu fought for. that the same aburi accord that Nigerian has realized that it was for the betterment of all. Thank You.

Did northernerns just wake up to start killing igbos just like that? The igbo coup on northern leaders prompted the killings.

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by baresywood(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
HBD 2D rugged officer!

But my question is what were the Biafran soldiers coming to do in Lagos during the war, instead of them to use all they had to defend their territory?

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by megbu: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
@ loopman we were prepared for the war that was why nigeria lost about 500,000 thousand soldiers to the biafran war heroes. But then you wouldnt know because you were missing in action at the war front. You were all queued up at the british embassy seeking for assylum. That was how you come to populate london. But the berom, tiv nupe igala,southern kaduna and the north will know. They heard the sound of ogbunigwe. They groaned to death at the uzoakoli sector. Our fathers fought against them and each time we ask of you guys they shake their heads and sigh 'COWARDS'. You were not in sight. The only thing you did was using your position as finance minister to kill the consience of a young nation. You will be haunted by this truth all your life.quote author=loopman post=50760072]

You don't fight a war that you are not prepared for, that is not bravery, it's simply foolishness.
After all said and done, the greatest Ibo man that ever liveth is a fuccking moronic egoistic coward that promised his people to fight to the last man but didn't wait for that last man before running away.
In most military traditions of the world especially the Japanese, if Ojukwu had any honor he would have performed the Seppuku or harakiri rather than coming back to Nigeria to contest in elections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfAVrh06fA[/quote]
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by loopman: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
megbu:
@ loopman we were prepared for the war that was why nigeria lost about 500,000 thousand soldiers to the biafran war heroes. But then you wouldnt know because you were missing in action at the war front. You were all queued up at the british embassy seeking for assylum. That was how you come to populate london. But the berom, tiv nupe igala,southern kaduna and the north will know. They heard the sound of ogbunigwe. They groaned to death at the uzoakoli sector. Our fathers fought against them and each time we ask of you guys they shake their heads and sigh 'COWARDS'. You were not in sight. The only thing you did was using your position as finance minister to kill the consience of a young nation. You will be haunted by this truth all your life.quote author=loopman post=50760072]

First of all, go and learn how to quote on NL.
Your comment reeks of someone who has dropped his brain under the bed and now using the heart and ass to think.
You were indeed prepared, the same way this idiot below was promising Nigeria hell and fire while he was busy romancing different women on the streets of London. grin

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2016
loopman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfAVrh06fA

Yes you do not fight a war you are not prepared for, but not at the expense of freedom. If someone comes to fight with the aim of enslaving you, you do not say "sorry Im not prepared". You fight with anything you got and if you lose, at least you can hold your head up high and say you didnt go down without a fight. Freedom is one of the few precious things in life worth fighting and dying for. Without it, life is pointless. If you cannot fight for your freedom, what then can you fight for?

Ojukwu was faced with a choice, fight or be a Northern slave. How did anyone think that Ojukwu would lead his people into slavery in the name of 'Im not prepared'?Ojukwu stood and fought for 3 years until the center could no hold and he left

Compare that with Yorubas and Awolowo who gave up without even a protest because they were scared to death of the North.

The people who gave up without a fight and submitted themselves as slaves of the North are the brave ones but Ojukwu who stood and fought is the coward? I laugh in Igbo.

People say Ojukwu could not have won, are these people alright? Ojukwu was in the best position to win. It was Ojukwu who had the determination, man power and Oil.

If Britain had not aided Nigeria to blockade Biafra by sea, Ojukwu would have exported Oil and bought enough foid and arms to chase Gowon into Niger Republic. Britain won the war for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by loopman: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
gidgiddy:

[s]Yes you do not fight a war you are not prepared for, but not at the expense of freedom. If someone comes to fight with the aim of enslaving you, you do not say "sorry Im not prepared". You fight with anything you got and if you lose, at least you can hold your head up high and say you didnt go down without a fight. Freedom is one of the few precious things in life worth fighting and dying for. Without it, life is pointless. If you cannot fight for your freedom, what then can you fight for?

Ojukwu was faced with a choice, fight or be a Northern slave. How did anyone think that Ojukwu would lead his people into slavery in the name of 'Im not prepared'?Ojukwu stood and fought for 3 years until the center could no hold and he left

Compare that with Yorubas and Awolowo who gave up without even a protest because they were scared to death the North.

The people who gave up without a fight and submitted themselves as slaves of the North are the brave ones but Ojukwu who stood and fought is the coward? I laugh in Igbo.

People say Ojukwu could not have won, are these people alright? Ojukwu was in the best position to win. It was Ojukwu who had the determination, man power and Oil.

If Britain had not aided Nigeria to blockade Biafra by sea, Ojukwu would have exported Oil and bought enough foid and arms to chase Gowon into Niger Republic. Britain won the war for Nigeria.[/s]

You keep writing gibberish. Did the North go to war with the Yorubas at any point in time in Nigeria? Answer the question.
The only time the Northern dominated military messed up with Abiola, the Yorubas put the whole country on the precipice that the country had no choice but to concede the presidential candidates of the two leading parties to them.

Moral lesson: You achieve more with brain and less with brawn. No be the giragira typical of you guy which can and will always lead you to biting of fingers in regret.

Abegii, you can keep celebrating the useless idiot you call hero.

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by saintandsinnerz: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:

You can insult me but u cant change facts or deny the truth.
This man called Ojukwu would have never started what he knew he could not finish.
If he had not started the war, your people would have had the largest population of all tribes in Nigeria.
The old Eastern region would have still been existing by now and u igbos would not have lost Port harcourt!
You're ill-mannered, discourteous and loutish! You first called a man who is old enough to be your grand father stupid, but has the effrontery to say I insulted you. You're just sounding like a broken record. Stop embarrassing yourself and concentrate what you know how to do best - that's being a pest. I repeat, your life circumstances or that of any of your family member can never be equated with an average igbo man in all ramifications. Deal with it
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by opribo(m): 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
The truth is that Hausa, Hausa has to go and think of how they can stand on their own rather than hide under one Nigeria and use the rest of us to feed them, send them to school, pay for their medical and keep them going. The day Ibo, Hausa and Yoruba begin to fend for themselves and cater for their region that is day Nigeria will be free and if we want for political reason want to keep the name Nigeria we can make the centre just for managing the army and but not the economy.

You will see that everybody will survive in their own strength, although some region may turn out to be super rich but it doesn't matter but if we continue in this daylight robbery called one Nigeria where you rob Peter to pay Paul then its a matter of time before it will crumble as it has already started showing signs of disintegration.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ianSweet(f): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

You're ill-mannered, discourteous and loutish! You first called a man who is old enough to be your grand father stupid, but has the effrontery to say I insulted you. You're just sounding like a broken record. Stop embarrassing yourself and concentrate what you know how to do best - that's being a pest. I repeat, your life circumstances or that of any of your family member can never be equated with an average igbo man in all ramifications. Deal with it

Ok, God bless Ojukwu for making igbos lose Port harcourt (the largest and most influential city in the SS/SE). Are u happy? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by CandyDiamond(f): 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:

Ok, God bless Ojukwu for making igbos lose Port harcourt (the largest and most influential city in the SS/SE). Are u happy? cheesy
How did Igbo lose Port Harcourt port Harcourt is an ikwerre land which are igboid group, Igbo don't take peoples land the same way Hausa- Fulani took Kwara and install emir in Ilorin.You are just deluded to think that the 3million people that died in d war are all Igbos,so no casualties on Nigerian side.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by unclejb2(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
Damibiz:
DID he save u guys ?hahahahaha None sense
if he did not put up a fight, we would have gone extinct by now. Ewu Oshogbo
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by OMAR12: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
ianSweet:

Did northernerns just wake up to start killing igbos just like that? The igbo coup on northern leaders prompted the killings.
wrong indeed majority of those involved in the coup where igbos BT it didn't just involve northerners alone. there have been several coup and counter coups after that , why do u think there is no ethnical intonation to it. well before the first coup, there has been bad blood brewing over the appointment of Igbos in some sectors and there where fears of Igbo taking over. after the coup the media felt it right in place to name it THE IGBO COUP instead of THE NZEOWGU COUP. their by fanning the ember of violence against the igbos. if they had felt that the their northern leaders where killed, why didn't they do the same. the had to kill Aguyi ironsi, as well as some of the coup plotters. was that not enough?? . why go to the extreme killing so many for the sins of a few, if not for the fact that u hate them and u just couldn't pass up on the opportunity presented to u as at that time.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Damibiz(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
Go into Extinction na,hw dat one take reduce my CGPA
unclejb2:
if he did not put up a fight, we would have gone extinct by now. Ewu Oshogbo
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
ejike007:
the same way you celeberate awolowo and abiola and still celebrating tinubu after selling your birthright to your masters and turn you to slave to your own home,you should curse your ancestors for that

Waris dis wan talking about

Awolowo saved the lives of his people and didn't let his ego get the better of him by not participating in a war that could ruin his people.
He also provided free education for his people which makes the SW the leading region in the country.

Compare that with your hero, Ojukwu.
He led y'all to war because of his ambition to become the ruler of Nigeria.
In the process close to 3 million of you died an unfortunate death.
To top it up, the guy fled from Nigeria as Federal troops got closer to his base um the East, abandoning you and your folks to your death.

I don't blame you though, I know your moral compass as a people doesn't exactly point due North. I came to realise this when I saw the unfortunate support you've been giving to all the past govt officials arrested on allegations of fraud. So I know what you mean when you say "mentor"

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Are you okay

Isn't that a question you should be asking yourself?

Are you okay?

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by sarcoma: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
Happy post humors Birthday IKEMBA you are indeed a hero
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by megbu: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
Only a typical Yoruba man can be led to his death. The Igbo man has a mind of his own. It is 'ohaneze' the people and their king not the other way round. In 1967 the Igbo people was fed up with your contraption without empathy and justice. They wanted out. They mandated ojukwu to lead them to war having seen his passion in protecting their interest from the time of the genocide till then. Stop crying more than the bereaved,learn some history and stop your typical exclamations. We are used to it already.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
ojukwu was a paedophile, ask bianca for confirmation and ffk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Malala Meets Amina Mohammed & Antonio Gutierrez At UN Headquaters(pics) / Governor Atiku Bagudu Visits Sugar Cane Farmers In Kebbi (Photos) / 2023: Ganduje, Kwankwaso, Shekarau Scramble For Buhari’s Kano Bulk Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.