Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything (5112 Views)

Top 8 Book Review Blogs In Nigeria / Top 8 Reasons Why Google Adsense Do Not Pay Several Bloggers / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by TopEverything: 10:19am On Nov 03, 2016
Think of your website – no matter the industry you operate, as your giant skyscraper office building in the busiest location of the world with your target audience moving up and down that axis. This means that your website needs to attract your target audience and encourage them to make a visit.

The accessibility of your website depends solely on the features embedded in it. These features are put to make the browsing experience quite enjoyable and create ease of information acquisition. If you are just setting up or redesigning your website, you need to have these 8 features to maximise its potential:

Contact Us Form: This is a very important feature that provides interested visitors with the ability to contact you for further discussions. The contact us form usually contains basic information (such as name, email address, message etc…) fields to be filled by the visitor. This form sends the information to the admin of the website via email.
Social Media icons: Social Media activity takes up about one-third of total internet usage. There’s a high probability that your target audience are on social media. It will be nice to include social media icons on your page.
Multimedia Content: Too much text is boring. You can pass across relevant information using images or videos. Infographics are also great in achieving brand recollection.
Blog: You may need to use content in getting customers. The S.I unit online is value. Your brand needs to be seen as either a thought leader in the industry or a brand that provides value in terms of information. Your blog is perfect for this purpose. Also the blog has a higher chance of being ranked top in search engine results because of keywords being put while developing content on a regular basis.
Mobile Version: Websites are easily being accessed via mobile than desktops. An interesting factor to note is that the rate of mobile usage continues to elevate while desktop usage is shrinking. You wouldn’t want to drive away potential customers from your page when your website is difficult to access on a mobile phone. A mobile friendly website is a must.
Proper Page Description: You aren’t just stringing up a number of words to describe your page when developing a website. There needs to be a proper description of your page so that it gives the full details of the kind of business you are into. Again for SEO purposes, your page description will assist in making others find you easily via search engines.
SiteMap: Ever walked into a mall and then you are given the floor plan of the mall – where the shops are located and exit doors? That pretty much explains the sitemap. Your page sitemap shows the complete structure of your website and aids easy navigation.
Error 404 page: It’s important to understand how websites work. Every traffic to your website from an external source contributes in one way or the other to the growth of the website across the internet space. More visits will earn you more prominence in search engines. So, an Error 404 page usually appears when there is a broken link in your website or a page which used to exist no longer exists. Having an Error 404 page means that when visitors click on a broken link, they are still directed to a page on your website (though not a page with information). This is still regarded as a visit and the user hasn’t technically left your page.

http://topeverything.com.ng/top-10-must-features-website/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Unsad(m): 6:44am On Nov 05, 2016
tongue
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 05, 2016

Good info....

Goodmorning Nigeria

Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by dimexy247(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2016
Thanks
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Dove4Peace: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2016
Nice one op! Just to chip in
9. Location or Map : show your visitors where they can get you physically (using google map). It could be your head office or branch depending on the type of business.
10. Terms and Condition: this will give you legal backing is things go awry. A disclaimer notice is very important.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by beautycrush24(f): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2016
Never thought of that error 404 page. Nice info

In other news, Christmas sales has started. Check www.prickles.see.ng for unbeatable prices

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Sixkobo(f): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2016
Nice info.. Just some more things to add.
Privacy Policy very important
Disclaimer - Necessary against law suit
Redirect Error 404 to Homepage.
You can quote me to know how to or visit http://sixkobo.com.ng to read more interesting stuff
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Ourown(m): 7:04am On Nov 05, 2016
undecided
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Benjom(m): 7:04am On Nov 05, 2016
Nice one there Op.
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by frerari(m): 7:07am On Nov 05, 2016
No 6 & 7 are most important
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by NextGovernor(m): 7:16am On Nov 05, 2016
Please how can I make my Joomla website mobile friendly.
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Frank3n2(m): 7:25am On Nov 05, 2016
Career link grin
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by leksmedia: 7:29am On Nov 05, 2016
@op you got this right out of my mouth. At Leks media concept , we don't just design websites, we give you an online presence. Looking for professional website designers in Nigeria , we offer high quality websites that will help you push you brand go your target audience, we will help you increase your leads and Sales thereby creating more revenue for your business.

Please visit our website for more www.leksmediaconcept.com and don't hesitate to call us,our prices are pocket friendly

Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by omaigala(m): 7:37am On Nov 05, 2016
joomla education template... pls when can I get responsive one?
thanks
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by frugal(m): 7:48am On Nov 05, 2016
What else will the website have if not these?
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by nmreports: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2016
Robot txt too is very important.
This makes Google crawler to ignore several irrelevant pages on your website that is not necessarily important for them to see such as peoples log in details, phone numbers etc.

It also makes Google crawler not to crawl similar pages thereby giving or returning errors.
For example, blog archive and same topic on front page.

Very important too that blog is simple.

Check this out though for insights and would also appreciate feedbacks from the Pros: www.HRtechnique.com
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Naijabams(m): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2016
Pretty nice though check this out ....www.bamsforum.com
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by johnemeka(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2016
I like it
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by Aywire(m): 10:00am On Nov 05, 2016
I hope this is legal on nairaland, if its not, biko admin just delete, dont bann me lol. Do u need a professional website at the most affordable rate? Contact ola of WI-Media at namedisreal @ gmail dot com
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by schoolhelpng(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2016
Does this apply to all site... including my school forum site? www.schoolhelp.com.ng
well nice one
Re: Top 8 Must-have Features For Your Website - Topeverything by omanifrank(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2016
you try..

beware of a facebook name leonard musa abraham on facebook, that guy decieved me and sold my adsense account unknowing to me.

he no longer picks my call or even answer me.

anybody knows how to recover adsense acct, pls hit me up and help a fellow blogger

(1) (Reply)

Common Server Attack Issues And Preventive Measures / Javascript Code To Make Rolling Banners/images / 25 Worst Passwords Of 2011 [study]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.