Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81260 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2010
40-boy how bodi now? kiss

semid4lyfe:

Hmm. . . I'm stickying this thread.

Meanwhile, you guys shouldn't just argue/debate. . . .you should include results of games played and log tables of the two conferences. There are lots of silent followers of this thread and the NBA on Nairaland.
Noted sir!

Lest, I forget. . .the three finalists for the Sports Section Poster Of The Year have emerged after the nomination stage and voting has commenced. The finalists are JeSoul, medjai [/b]and [b]A-40 and they've being put up in the poll.

Citations for the finalists have also been added with some of their most incisive posts on this board. Visit the link below to read the citations and vote

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-560057.96.html

VOTING CLOSES AT 11:59PM ON DECEMBER 31 2010
Cool . . . smiley lemme go and see wassup . . . .
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2010
Moonstone:

Aunty Jesoul, e don do cheesy cheesy. May they not use Celtics as such a horrible example o! LOL!.
Sista no vex jare grin may it not be so oh.

New Orleans is having a hard time with the transfer of ownership even though they won't admit it. Individually, they are equally worried but at least, they beat Utah yesterday so maybe this is a sign of better things to come.
Do you think that's what the problem really is? I also think Chris Paul has one foot outside the door and is not really willing to invest time and effort in making this season a real success . . . waddaya think?

@Orlando trading half their team,
talk about balls testicular fortitude lol. I like the move A LOT. They finally realized their team could not win against the Celtics and co. and decided to bring down the axe. Rashad Lewis was too inconsistent, Vince Carter is only a name living on past dunking glory, Gortat? Gor-who? Pietrus I think was the only real thing they gave up.

And they get Agent Zero - I think Arenas will seek redemption in Orlando and contribute to the team. J-Rich and Turkoglu were fantastic pick-ups. Orlando deserves an A+++ for this monster trade. It will take time though for the new additions to mesh - maybe 10-20 games, and it may be too late for this season, but it is still a great move.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2010
mystikal:

I reckoned If Dallas will play zone, and they did, they had a chance of beating Miami. Dallas starters didn't play a lot against Phoenix 4 days ago. They were well rested. And of course their bench is 100 miles in front of Miami;s.
The jury is still out on Dallas. They can really dazzle atimes, and other times make you wonder how they got out of the JV league. Playoff time will tell.

For SemiD and other silenters':

Current Standings as of Dec 21st 2010-

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by mystikal(m): 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
Ok. I'm done with work this year, so I can now concentrate on this NBA.
I just cannot see who will stop Derick Rose and Carlos Boozer this night and the Bulls can win it even with double-digit margin. Furthermore, the starting 5 of Chicago played no more than 30 minutes and they should not be tired. Wizards are still without John Wall who will be out until at least January and they are expecting the debut of Rashard Lewis but I think that this will be more negative for them than positive.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Sylvestre: 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
CELTICS 14 in a row, thats what im talking about
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sylvestre:

CELTICS 14 in a row, thats what im talking about
cool

I'm shocked to see that lala land isn't leading the W-conference. tongue Go San antonio!!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Sylvestre: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2010
chiogo:

cool

I'm shocked to see that lala land isn't leading the W-conference. tongue Go San antonio!!

after losing to the bucks by 19 hell no
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:17am On Dec 25, 2010
JeSoul:

40-boy how bodi now? kiss

Noted sir!
Cool . . . smiley lemme go and see wassup . . . .
I would like to see a written permit for that kiss from Mr Jesoul grin grin. Merry Christmas

mystikal:

Ok. I'm done with work this year, so I can now concentrate on this NBA.
I just cannot see who will stop Derick Rose and Carlos Boozer this night and the Bulls can win it even with double-digit margin. Furthermore, the starting 5 of Chicago played no more than 30 minutes and they should not be tired. Wizards are still without John Wall who will be out until at least January and they are expecting the debut of Rashard Lewis but I think that this will be more negative for them than positive.

The Magic really have a conundrum on their hands with who to start at the point. Jameer Nelson or Agent One lol. Arenas is not a point guard and with his previous jobs at Golden State and Washington it would be a disaster to build a team around him but i see no reason why he cant start at backcourt with Jameer Nelson! They can even play small ball and run the floor with him,Nelson and J-Rich (Defending and rebounding might be a problem if all three stay on the floor too long) Time will tell if they can challenge though

As for the Bulls its still so sad their No1 fan is no longer with us i hope he is cheering em on wherever he is. The Bulls are in good shape they might be the dark horses this season cos guys like Kyle Korver and Ronny Brewer have been utter steals and their new coach is working magic with that team

For the Mavs they have been excellent this season its almost too good to be true! They have beaten Boston,S.A,Heat and Orlando on the road. You cant complain about that

Looking forward to the Christmas special! Heat vs Lakers. Merry Christmas people! Stay safe
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2010
Here Is Wishing Y'all A very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. . . . . . . . Jesoul,Mystikal,A40,Chiogo, Bawomolo(R.I.P MAN),Moonstone,R231,DapoBear,Jaybee,Darthmul,Sylvestre
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by jaybee3(m): 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2010
^^^^
Merry Xmas 2 u as well bro cool

@Topic
Anyone watching the games today?
Ma beloved celts have roared back with 12 straight points
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:16am On Dec 26, 2010
jay bee:

^^^^
Merry Xmas 2 u as well bro cool

@Topic
Anyone watching the games today?
Ma beloved celts have roared back with 12 straight points
Lol well yall still lost  grin grin. Lets see how Orlando would challenge the Heat and your Celtics

Heat vs Lakers! On and popping the Heat are up by 11 going into the 4th quarter
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by r231(m): 2:38am On Dec 26, 2010
chic2pimp:

Here Is Wishing Y'all A very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year. . . . . . . . Jesoul,Mystikal,A40,Chiogo, Bawomolo(R.I.P MAN),Moonstone,R231,DapoBear,Jaybee,Darthmul,Sylvestre

same to you bro
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Sylvestre: 5:37am On Dec 26, 2010
chic2pimp:

thanks, same to you
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Sylvestre: 5:39am On Dec 26, 2010
A-40:

Lol well yall still lost  grin grin. Lets see how Orlando would challenge the Heat and your Celtics

Heat vs Lakers! On and popping the Heat are up by 11 going into the 4th quarter

And lakers got whooped on their own floor. Both teams are still the team to beat
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 27, 2010
chic2pimp:

merry belated xmas oo!
Jesoul,A40,Moonstone, etc n odas. Merry xmas.
Magic beating spurs n celts. Which kind gra gra be this. Hand go meet them.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2010
Spurs vs Lakers tonight! Ma Mavs are just doing me proud even without Dirk
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by mystikal(m): 1:25am On Dec 29, 2010
chic2pimp:

Thanks Bro, Have a better 2011.

A-40:

Spurs vs Lakers tonight! Ma Mavs are just doing me proud even without Dirk

Mavs are red hot at the moment.

Lakers waiting for playoffs as everybody reckons however if they continue competing like that there will be no playoffs. Of course I'm joking, but really are they ok? 
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:13am On Dec 31, 2010
Happy Birthday Lebron

Spurs vs Mavs tonight! Definitely all out war and no Dirk for that matter
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 6:18am On Dec 31, 2010
Aww, the mavs put up a good fight. . . .but sa still waxed that a/s/s

Hmm Ajinca. . . .got my eyes on you lol

Happy New Year to you all.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 2:11pm On Dec 31, 2010
chiogo:

Aww, the mavs put up a good fight. . . .but sa still waxed that a/s/s

Hmm Ajinca. . . .got my eyes on you lol

Happy New Year to you all.
I guess the team cant do much without Dirk around. Its all good though SA are a strong team too. Happy New Year in Advance! Its been a minute
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Ikbobby(m): 1:17am On Jan 04, 2011
yo guys, y dont we just open anoda topic, nba season 2010/11,
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 5:55pm On Jan 04, 2011
My peoples, sorry for not being around oh . . .

A belated Merry Christmas to all you wonderful fellas and ladies kiss I hope it was a splendid time with family and friends, complete with korrect gifts smiley.

All engines are firing off now in Miami lol. A far cry from the early season woes. I still think they lack the depth necessary to beat the top teams in a playoff series, we'll see.

As for my old Celtics, kai. Injury after injury. Its our depth that is saving us this season, or else we woulda had a much much worse record. And I hope people are seeing what a force KG is on the boards . . . our rebounding has suffered since he went down and opposing teams are having a field day scoring in the paint. But we shall overcome smiley

Hmmm . . . Los Mavs. I'm not sure whether to buy into the hype just yet. I need to see more. And how do the Spurs have the best record in the NBA? I'm still not quite sure but we would be foolish to ignore them like we are. Spurs vs Celtics tomorrow. Should be a good game. I expect Duncan to have a good game cos he won't have much competition in the paint with KG out.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2011
Where are all the Laker fans? in hiding? in hibernation? grin The defending Chumps are stinking up the Staples center with their uninspired play. I think dem don chop belleful. 3 finals and 2 rings = no desire.

Current Standings as of Jan 3rd 2011:

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by semid4lyfe(m): 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2011
Ik-bobby:

yo guys, y dont we just open anoda topic, nba season 2010/11,

No need. . .thread title has been modified to reflect current season.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2011
@Jesoul Happy new year ma'am I am still waiting for the permit ooh! As for the Mavs Caron Butler is out for the season! O kpari! By the way you guys handled the Spurs pretty well Ray Allen was smoking! I also think yall should not sleep on the Magic they seem to be back on track! Getting Turkoglu back was huge!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
A-40:

@Jesoul Happy new year ma'am I am still waiting for the permit ooh!
lol. He refused to issue it . . . *cough cough* I mean I did not ask for one. You want the guy to erupt? lol

As for the Mavs Caron Butler is out for the season! O kpari! By the way you guys handled the Spurs pretty well Ray Allen was smoking! I also think yall should not sleep on the Magic they seem to be back on track! Getting Turkoglu back was huge!
And that's really terrible. I was eager to see what a complete Mavs team can do in the playoffs. That's a real set-back, and hopefully, Cuban can make a trade to plug the hole.

men, you see Rondo playing like a possessed man last night? grin if only Bawo were hear to enjoy it cry so we can rub it in well well lol. T'was a very good game from both the Spurs and C's. I can now see why the Spurs have the best record in the league.

And Miami is officially starting to scare me . . . they've won 19 our of the last 20 shocked shocked abeg oh! return to the early season form by playoffs oh cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
JeSoul:

Where are all the Laker fans? in hiding? in hibernation? grin The defending Chumps are stinking up the Staples center with their uninspired play. I think dem don chop belleful. 3 finals and 2 rings = no desire.

Current Standings as of Jan 3rd 2011:

Gloryhunting fans you mean right? grin. You just wait til they put up a sequence of succesive wins together, then sit back and watch em' flock in the bucketloads. Or better still wait till the play offs grin

A belated Happy new year btw.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
chic2pimp:

Gloryhunting fans you mean right? grin. You just wait til they put up a sequence of succesive wins together, then sit back and watch em' flock in the bucketloads. Or better still wait till the play offs grin
  grin na so we see am oh! lol.

A belated Happy new year btw.
Right back at you sir  smiley

and oh btw, did you guys the yab wey Mark Cuban yab Phil Jackson?
Jackson talk say "Mavs go miss Butler, he's a solid player" . . . Cuban vex say Phil dey comment on his team, the guy come say
"I love that Jeanie Buss' boy-toy had something to say about us," Cuban said while sweating on the stair-stepping machine in the Mavs' workout room. "I don't know if it was his thought or Jeanie's thought, but it's nice to know that she lets him speak in public about other teams."
cheesy kai! that was uncalled for. But Jackson, why are you self mixing business with pleasure? almost always nothing good comes out of it. In other related news, word has it Ron Artest is beefing with Phil Jackson . . . some of us have been saying no one should trust that schizo.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 8:12am On Jan 08, 2011
@Jesoul
Haha me I nor want trouble for both of us ooh! You know u would have to explain to Moonstone as well

Rondo has arguably been the best PG in the league to be honest! But I like how the East is shaping up! Its looking like the tougher conference at the moment! Don't sleep on the Knicks tho. If Amare can convince Melo and perhaps Nash to come over we would be in for something
As for Cuban I saw that comment and I chuckled! Too bad all his billions cant win my Mavs a ring! Let's see what he can do before the trade deadline
BTW Van Gundy wants people to stop giving Hakeem credit for Dwight's new improved offense. What's ur take?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 8:15am On Jan 08, 2011
The Lakers got what they could from Artest last season especially his big game 7 performance! If they expected him to be Pope Benedict XV then they musta been smoking that Cali cess
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by mystikal(m): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2011
Laker o grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2011
Why is this place quiet now? grin

A-40:

@Jesoul
Haha me I nor want trouble for both of us ooh! You know u would have to explain to Moonstone as well
Lol. Moonstone knows it was a peck on the cheek now . . . abi you're forbidden entirely? lol.

Rondo has arguably been the best PG in the league to be honest!
Kai! Bawo is fuming at you from above right now lol.

But I like how the East is shaping up! Its looking like the tougher conference at the moment! Don't sleep on the Knicks tho. If Amare can convince Melo and perhaps Nash to come over we would be in for something
As a Celtic fan, I don't like that the east is so much more competitive now angry but as a bball fan, this is great! I hope Nash doesn't switch conferences . . . the ship is already one-sided as it is, and we need someone to challenge and put the Lakers out of their 'misery' cool.

BTW Van Gundy wants people to stop giving Hakeem credit for Dwight's new improved offense. What's your take?
Don't mind the guy jare. So who should we give credit? Van gundy himself? lol. Me thinks he's just jealous he's not the one getting the praise. Anytime they cut to him during the game while the team is in the huddle, I cringe at the horse-ish, cymbal-ish, piercing sound of his voice . . . how can that motivate anyone? grin it makes me want to get ear plugs more than anything else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (101) (Reply)

Players Who Went From Rags To Riches & Back Again / Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - CHAN Qualifier (4 - 1) On 6th July 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.