Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81321 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 1:19pm On Nov 26, 2010
DapoBear:

Prime KG >>>>> Prime Dirk

Hell, 2007-2008 KG will give prime Dirk a run for his money.
You are having a big fat laugh!! Prime K.G only made the Conference Finals once. No be only Prime na Keke and D1
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2010
DapoBear:

Prime KG >>>>> Prime Dirk

Hell, 2007-2008 KG will give prime Dirk a run for his money.

tell a-40 oooooooooo

scottie pippen >>>>> dirk cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2010
bawomolo:

tell a-40 oooooooooo

scottie pippen >>>>> dirk  cheesy
Bomb dey your head! Who is comparing Dirk to Scottie Pippen? The argument is K.G is not better than Dirk and is definitely not at the level of Duncan,Malone,Pippen e.t.c when it comes to the Power Forward game! Stick to the script and stop behaving like you are retarded
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2010
it baffles us why you think dirk is better or equal to KG. come on now

just like chiogo and jesoul who think rondo is on D-rose's level cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by DapoBear(m): 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2010
What did Dirk accomplish? Choked in 2007 and 2008 postseasons. How does a no defense big man compare to KG? KG gives you nearly as good offense, elite rebounding and elite defense.

Ain't no comparison between the two.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2010
bawomolo:

just like chiogo and jesoul who think rondo is on D-rose's level  cheesy
K.G is over-rated G!!

DapoBear:

What did Dirk accomplish? Choked in 2007 and 2008 postseasons. How does a no defense big man compare to KG? KG gives you nearly as good offense, elite rebounding and elite defense.

Ain't no comparison between the two.
He led a team with Desagana Diop and Devin Harris to two games shy of a title! Something K.G never did on his own team! Unless you want us to believe he is the best player at the Celtics

He choked?? Name one player in the history of Sports who hasn't ? Kobe has, K.G too Allen, Paul Pierce the list is endless man try again!

K.G's offense is not as reliable as Dirk not even close! His defense is over-rated. Ball don't lie! Dirk's rebounding over his career is 8.5 in the regular season and 10.9 in the playoffs respectively. He averages a block and a steal per game
K.G is 10.8 and 11.2 with more or less the same number of steals and blocks!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:21am On Nov 27, 2010
KG's defense may be overrated but we can all agree he plays better D and is more physical than dirk
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by DapoBear(m): 8:49am On Nov 27, 2010
A-40:

K.G is over-rated G!!
He led a team with Desagana Diop and Devin Harris to two games shy of a title! Something K.G never did on his own team! Unless you want us to believe he is the best player at the Celtics

He choked?? Name one player in the history of Sports who hasn't ? Kobe has, K.G too Allen, Paul Pierce the list is endless man try again!

K.G's offense is not as reliable as Dirk not even close! His defense is over-rated. Ball don't lie! Dirk's rebounding over his career is 8.5 in the regular season and 10.9 in the playoffs respectively. He averages a block and a steal per game
K.G is 10.8 and 11.2 with more or less the same number of steals and blocks!

No mention of assists? Prime KG was a 25/13/5 assist/1.5 block sort of guy, with ELITE defense.

Also, Dirk got locked up by Stephen frikkin Jackson in the 2007 playoffs, man. What type of big man gets shut down by a SG/SF?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by rasputinn(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2010
Hi all Celts fans
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
bawomolo:

KG's defense may be overrated but we can all agree he plays better D and is more physical than dirk
Same way Dirk plays better offense! My point is its an insult to place K.G in the leagues of the Malone's Duncan e.t.c

DapoBear:

No mention of assists? Prime KG was a 25/13/5 assist/1.5 block sort of guy, with ELITE defense.

Also, Dirk got locked up by Stephen frikkin Jackson in the 2007 playoffs, man. What type of big man gets shut down by a SG/SF?
You think you are sleek? You aint sleek i know the game i watch it unfold boy! What about their 3pt percentage and ft percentage? How about the fact that K.G never averaged 25 pts a season (at least not in the regular season) which means the stats you put up there is a lie!

So he had a bad series who hasnt?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 5:35am On Nov 28, 2010
that was his MVP season i believe. getting shut down by stephen jackson during your mvp season is pretty embarrassing.

KG as an all around player in his prime was better than dirk. his ft shooting wasn't as bad as that of shaq or TD.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2010
where are the derrick rose haters now, where ya hiding.

show your faces
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2010
^come back when he does it for a long stretch of games like his elder brother in Boston cool

A-40 is calling KG overrated? shocked grin oga I know you're trying to defend Dirk but watch ya self oh grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2010
bawomolo:

that was his MVP season i believe. getting shut down by stephen jackson during your mvp season is pretty embarrassing.

KG as an all around player in his prime was better than dirk. his ft shooting wasn't as bad as that of shaq or TD.
If i am not mistaken the award was given based on performances in the regular season. So even if he does not make a single basket throughout the playoffs it still doesnt change the fact that he was the best player in the league

I didnt say K.G was a poor FT shooter na Mr DapoBear dey form wyzy so i brought out stats where Dirk performed better than K.G as well

JeSoul:

^come back when he does it for a long stretch of games like his elder brother in Boston cool

A-40 is calling KG overrated? shocked grin oga I know you're trying to defend Dirk but watch ya self oh grin

He is over-rated abegi! Bawomolo was even comparing him to the Duncan's and Malone's of this world so was DapoBear! It doesnt get more over-rated than that
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2010
Since A-40 likes stats - bolded is the player who wins the category:
KG vs. Dirk vs. Malone

1140 - games played - 937   -  1476
50% - Shooting - 47% - 51%
28% - 3Pt% - 38% - 27%
78% - FT - 87% - 74%
10.8 - RPG - 8.5 - 10.1
4.2 - Assists - 2.7 - 3.6
1.4 - Steals - 0.9 - 1.4
1.6 - Blocks - 1.0 - 0.7
2.4 - Turn overs - 1.9 - 3.0

Looks to me that statistically speaking - its a 3way tie. And keeping in mind KG's over the hill, if we took just his prime numbers . . . and also Malone is his entire career. Dirk still has his down-turn to go. So going by the above I don't think you can say for a moment KG is not right up there with Malone and Dirk. Not to mention the intangibles of being able to inspire an entire team like KG can. 40 boy, Watch yaself oh!  grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2010
I forgot to add Tim Duncan:

KG vs. Duncan
1140 - games played - 993
50% - Shooting - 50%
28% - 3Pt% - 18%
78% - FT -  68%
10.8 - RPG - 11.6
4.2 - Assists - 3.2
1.4 - Steals -  0.8
1.6 - Blocks - 2.3
2.4 - Turn overs - 2.7

How can A-40 say its a crime to compare KG to Malone or Duncan when he is statistically equal or superior to both? With Malone self wey no even get ring? grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by DapoBear(m): 7:21am On Dec 01, 2010
Prime KG > Prime Malone.

How many times did Malone get knocked out of the playoffs while playing with John frikkin STOCKTON?

If you give KG Stockton as his PG from 1998-2008, he goes DEEP into the playoffs every year. Not getting knocked out by random scrub teams, like Malone did.

How can you have two top 25 players of all time, Hall of Famers and not have one ring to show for it?

One HoFer in KG and two borderline HoFers in Pierce and Allen won a ring right away, and stand a good chance of winning again this year. How can two HoFs like Malone and Stockton play together for 15+ years and have ZERO rings? Both of them are overrated!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 7:33am On Dec 01, 2010
Who is dissing Dirk here? angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by semid4lyfe(m): 11:44am On Dec 01, 2010
Hi. . .all you Basketball Fans!

Just thought this should be posted here since some peeps (like me) may just have bookmarked the threads they visit and post in in some sections and may not see the main thread.

honeric01:
Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010 NOMINATION IN PROGRESS

Sports Fans and Gurus,
We thank all of you that have added value in one way or the other to this section in the outgoing year. We recognize the input of everybody.

As started last year and promised to be made annual, THE 2010 NAIRALAND SECTIONAL AWARDS [/b]is here again and we hereby call on you to nominate posters deserving of this award.

The first stage, which is starting by this thread, is the [b]NOMINATION stage
and It will last 2 weeks. At the end of the two weeks, the three most nominated will be up for POLL, which will also be up for two weeks, the winner of which is going to emerge the OFFICIAL NAIRALAND SPORTS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR 2010.

CRITERIA:
-Quality of contribution - both comments and threads
-Sensibility of activities on the forum - perennial trouble makers will not be accepted, but stout defence of opinion or hot debate is no trouble making
-Sticking to forum rules - any person that has been banned or notorious for making deletable posts will not be considered
-Level of activities on the forum - Though not a prime factor, more regular posters stand higher chance.

RULES:
-Only one nomination per member.
-Where a member nominates more than one person - and we plead you don't do - only the first will be taken.
-Nominees that fail the criteria up there will not be counted
-Though not compulsory, try to put a short, maybe 2-3 line reason for your nomination

WE REALLY WANT THIS AWARD TO REFLECT THE DIVERSE NATURE OF THE SPORTS SECTION AND ALL THE VARIOUS SPORTS WE HAVE ON BOARD SO ALL YOU F-1 BUFFS, BASKETBALL LOVERS, TENNIS FANS, NFL FOLLOWERS, FOOTBALL (SOCCER) AFICIONADOS etc SHOULD GET KICKING AND START NOMINATING.

NOMINATION ENDS ON THE 15th OF DECEMBER, 2010.

CLICK HERE to participate.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2010
JeSoul:

Since A-40 likes stats - bolded is the player who wins the category:
KG vs. Dirk vs. Malone

1140 - games played - 937   -  1476
50% - Shooting - 47% - 51%
28% - 3Pt% - 38% - 27%
78% - FT - 87% - 74%
10.8 - RPG - 8.5 - 10.1
4.2 - Assists - 2.7 - 3.6
1.4 - Steals - 0.9 - 1.4
1.6 - Blocks - 1.0 - 0.7
2.4 - Turn overs - 1.9 - 3.0

Looks to me that statistically speaking - its a 3way tie. And keeping in mind KG's over the hill, if we took just his prime numbers . . . and also Malone is his entire career. Dirk still has his down-turn to go. So going by the above I don't think you can say for a moment KG is not right up there with Malone and Dirk. Not to mention the intangibles of being able to inspire an entire team like KG can. 40 boy, Watch yaself oh!  grin
There is no expert analyst that would sit down with y'all and compare an inconsistent K.G to a Karl Malone that was still snagging triple-doubles on his 40th birthday!
Its easy to lead a team when you have two O.G's beside you or do you think leadership is by beating one's chest like an irate silverback ape and growling like DMX? Those theatrics may work in the zoo but definitely not a ball court. I didnt say K.G is not as good as Dirk i said they are at par and he is not on Malone's level! I maintain that

DapoBear:

Prime KG > Prime Malone.

How many times did Malone get knocked out of the playoffs while playing with John frikkin STOCKTON?

If you give KG Stockton as his PG from 1998-2008, he goes DEEP into the playoffs every year. Not getting knocked out by random scrub teams, like Malone did.

How can you have two top 25 players of all time, Hall of Famers and not have one ring to show for it?

One HoFer in KG and two borderline HoFers in Pierce and Allen won a ring right away, and stand a good chance of winning again this year. How can two HoFs like Malone and Stockton play together for 15+ years and have ZERO rings? Both of them are overrated!
Nonsense!! He got to the NBA Finals twice! In a very tough Western Conference. So unless you want to compare M.J's Bulls to the 08 Lakers i dont think you have an argument! What else would you tell us? That Rajon Rondo is better than CP3 or Jason Kidd because he has a ring? Besides he was not the best player in that Celtic team! He won the title as a support cast and not the lead man and that puts a dent on the rep of his ring already. The Celts would not have been Champs if they had to rely on K.G's baulky knees
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by DapoBear(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2010
^--- Lol @ you thinking KG was not the best player on the 2008 team. DPOY, 3rd place in MVP votes, arguably the best player in the postseason.

Who, pray tell then was the best player on that team? Rondo? smiley

And KGs knee troubles happened in the following year, 2008-2009. He was healthy for all of 2007-2008.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

^--- Lol @ you thinking KG was not the best player on the 2008 team. DPOY, 3rd place in MVP votes, arguably the best player in the postseason.

Who, pray tell then was the best player on that team? Rondo? smiley

And KGs knee troubles happened in the following year, 2008-2009. He was healthy for all of 2007-2008.
Paul Pierce was the best player on that team!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by DapoBear(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2010
^-- Na lie! Paul Pierce ke? Finals MVP doesn't mean Season MVP. Pierce, who got dominated by LeBron in the Cleveland series?
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by rasputinn(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2010
Woof woof,my boys came good and told those Cavs from Cleveland who the boss is;106 - 87,man that's a rout and a perfect response to that early season blip

In other news, grin grin grin grin grin
Houston Rockets routed 'em lakers,it's now FOUR shocked shocked games lost in a row
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by jaybee3(m): 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2010
anyone heard from bawo?
Hoping/praying it's not you bro
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Moonstone(f): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2010
I am really praying it's not him. . . .I can't even begin to imagine.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2010
Someone already wrote a note on his brother's facebook page so i am guessing its him. Its so sad life is short then you are on life support it just doesnt make any sense mehn

DapoBear:

^-- Na lie! Paul Pierce ke? Finals MVP doesn't mean Season MVP. Pierce, who got dominated by LeBron in the Cleveland series?
You are having a laugh! Game 7! go and watch Game 7 . With what i just discovered on here i dont have the stomach for this debate right now
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 7:25pm On Dec 03, 2010
[size=20pt]JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH!!!!!. [/size] . . . . . Abeg Tell me the Bawo story ain't true? Abeg make person wake me up from my nightmare shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Logged on to NL to rib him a lil bit not knowing the fate that had befallen him. . . . . . Bleep ME!!!, i am absolutely NUMB. cry cry cry cry cry

My Deepest condolences goes out to his Family. If I am feeling this way, heavens knows what pain they must be going through right now
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2010
^we have all been hoping against hope Chic2.

It is beyond devastating, for him to be taken in such a cruel way. The Celtics play his Bulls tonight . . . I will probably weep again if I see one second of it. I've been tearing since I heard this morn. This is so so wrong and hurts so so bad.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2010
bawomolo:

just like chiogo and jesoul who think rondo is on D-rose's level cheesy
Oh Bawo. cry cry
I can't even argue with you anymore. Such a sad world.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 1:09am On Dec 04, 2010
^^^^ That was the post I was goin to rib him about not knowing. . . . . . . . . Lawd have mercy upon thy child. Still can't believe it.

JeSoul:

^we have all been hoping against hope Chic2.

It is beyond devastating, for him to be taken in such a cruel way. The Celtics play his Bulls tonight . . . I will probably weep again if I see one second of it. I've been tearing since I heard this morn. This is so so wrong and hurts so so bad.
Abeg you know How I fit contact him Family members? I want to pass on my condolences. . . . Absolutely stunned and devastated. When I first heard it, I thought it was some sick joke or something and immediately laughed it off. I was absolutely sure we chatted last night but alas I was wrong it was a few nights back.

This thing dey pain me oooooo. Couldn't even concentrate properly during lectures 2day. Still can't believe it and I guess the reality would only sink in after tonight's match when I don't see Bawo's comments/views on the game. UnFu, c.k.ing Believable
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chic2pimp(m): 4:13am On Dec 04, 2010
I was going to watch the Boston vs Chicago Match,hope Boston wins and then gloat on how overrated I think Derrick Rose is(eventhough I don't really mean it). Can't even sum up the courage to watch that match now. . . . . Still In a state of shock. . . . Absolutely speechless!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (101) (Reply)

Players Who Went From Rags To Riches & Back Again / Ronaldinho Set To Marry His 2 Girlfriends At The Same Time. Photos / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - CHAN Qualifier (4 - 1) On 6th July 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.