Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC (32426 Views)

Johnmary Jideobi: Allen Onyema Should Not Be Extradited To US - Lawyer To Court / Registering A Business Cac Lagos / Ease Of Doing Business: Cac’s Giant Strides In Business Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Rebuke: 8:32am On Nov 04, 2016
Yhu go there now story go change.

In Naija, everythn yhu read online is alwys differrnt from what is actually obtainable in most cases.

Smh.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by jidxin(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2016
[quote author=ikorodureporta post=50745524]Bello Mahmud, registrar-general of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), on thursday said the commission had taken steps to eliminate bottlenecks associated with registering a business.

Speaking at the second presidential economic communication workshop in Abuja, Mahmud said this with a view to creating an enabling environment for businesses to thrive. He also revealed that the cost of registering a business had been reduced by 50%.

''We have reduced the cost of registering a business by 50%. You don't need a lawyer to register your business for you anymore. You can now do it yourself. The process is easy now,'' he said ''you can now register your business anywhere at our offices in Lagos, Kano, and Enugu''.......

ok I guess its just business name.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by talktonase(m): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2016
lonelydora:

Your comment negates what Mark Zuckerberg and Dangote said.
so because mark came to white wash us I should swallow every thing without questioning. Please go and read "confessions of an economic hit man"
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Nixon55(m): 8:42am On Nov 04, 2016
Registering an LLC (Ltd) would most likely need a lawyer because of the nature of documentation that is required.
A business name however does not require a lawyer. I know someone that just did his three days ago.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Kobicove(m): 8:42am On Nov 04, 2016
You guys want to further deplete the income of lawyers undecided
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Pavore9: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2016
jinneyb:

Aside from payment, other enquiries that may not be understood by the customers can also be asked.

And sir, not everyone is computer literate and am sure Kenya also have offices for this apart from their online platforms.

At least the online platform should take care of Nigerians who are computer literate thus reducing the traffic at their offices, lumping everyone together is just not fair.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by midol: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2016
Lies, I was at CAC office last week to register my company as an LLC. I was given a form to fill form, i needed an accreditation number and I asked the woman at the office how to get the number. She told me they have accredited lawyers who can register, that they've stopped registration without lawyers 8 months ago.

She linked me to a lawyer who was watching the whole conversation. The guy charged me N60,000.

These people are deceiving everyone.

1 Like

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Afam4eva(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2016
This people can lie for both Nigeria and Africa. I told someone to help me register a company and this is the third week, yet they are yet to tell me if my business name is available or not. If name search is taking this long then how long will the registration proper take? I don't know why we cannot make life difficult for ourselves. Why can't CAC put all these things online whereby i can search for the availability of a business name in less than one minute just like the online domain name system.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by jinneyb(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2016
Pavore9:

At least the online platform should take care of Nigerians who are computer literate thus reducing the traffic at their offices, lumping everyone together is just not fair.

And who's arguing it has not?

Have you been to one recently?
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by mickool(m): 9:12am On Nov 04, 2016
Good news. The lawyers will not like that ...
Now, Let me go and register my business ASAP
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by jinneyb(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2016
Afam4eva:
This people can lie for both Nigeria and Africa. I told someone to help me register a company and this is the third week, yet they are yet to tell me if my business name is available or not. If name search is taking this long then how long will the registration proper take? I don't know why we cannot make life difficult for ourselves. Why can't CAC put all these things online whereby i can search for the availability of a business name in less than one minute just like the online domain name system.

It has been made online already.

Visit www.new.cac.gov.ng to get more info about their services and for more understanding.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by hephzibah003: 9:20am On Nov 04, 2016
Lawyers have always been dispensable for registering businesses, it's only incorporation of companies that a lawyer, accountant or company secretary can't be dispensed with. People have always been allowed to register businesses without lawyers if they choose to so this is no new development. However, trust me, you will always need an expert or an experienced person to guide you, it's not advisable to wait until you have a problem or face challenges b4 u start looking for a corporate lawyer to help out.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by erico2k2(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2016
kingphilip:
I go need transport..
Ahah trek fuel scarcity dey ground grin
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Afam4eva(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2016
jinneyb:

It has been made online already.

Visit www.new.cac.gov.ng to get more info about their services and for more understanding.
Yes, i know but you don't get the results in real time or close. The person i gave to do it says he has been checking online for almost 3 weeks now but nothing. Except he's lying.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by jinneyb(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2016
Afam4eva:

Yes, i know but you don't get the results in real time or close. The person i gave to do it says he has been checking online for almost 3 weeks now but nothing. Except he's lying.

Maybe you should try it yourself to be sure, and it'll help you too to know more about it.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by erico2k2(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2016
Nixon55:
Registering an LLC (Ltd) would most likely need a lawyer because of the nature of documentation that is required.
A business name however does not require a lawyer. I know someone that just did his three days ago.
That's the only time you need a lawyer .
However if the charges Are moderate and u can afford it then employ services of a middleman . In the UK we go fru the middleman they provide more than just registration service ie Bank accounts , website business address , vertual office , allnsort in one go
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 04, 2016
NgcoboP:

I have a previa bus for sale...toks

you?, have you ever bought a bicycle spoke b4?
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by 20dollarblogs: 10:04am On Nov 04, 2016
well done

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by manmidtexy(m): 10:07am On Nov 04, 2016
ikorodureporta:
Bello Mahmud, registrar-general of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), on thursday said the commission had taken steps to eliminate bottlenecks associated with registering a business.

Speaking at the second presidential economic communication workshop in Abuja, Mahmud said this with a view to creating an enabling environment for businesses to thrive. He also revealed that the cost of registering a business had been reduced by 50%.

''We have reduced the cost of registering a business by 50%. You don't need a lawyer to register your business for you anymore. You can now do it yourself. The process is easy now,'' he said ''you can now register your business anywhere at our offices in Lagos, Kano, and Enugu''.......

Source:https://www.thecable.ng/no-longer-need-lawyer-register-business

simply side track lawyers because of their recent testimony which simply means almost all lawyers are dubious in their profession.
Their image don spoil for Nigeria soil.

more importantly, this CAC head said and i quote the Business registration had reduced by 50%, he need to spit out the official Government approved cost.

Let there be transparency in all Government agency.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by shotster50(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2016
Enugu , Kano and Lagos? How about ONLINE.. this is 2016 for pete's sake!
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by buffalowings: 11:14am On Nov 04, 2016
Power power

Always running on generators sad angry
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by buffalowings: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2016
Why must I visit the office?

Why can't I do it online

This is another opportunity to bribe officials at their offices.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 04, 2016
Drabeey:

you?, have you ever bought a bicycle spoke b4?
seriously am willing to give you a very good deal
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by NevetsIbot(m): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2016
on behalf mf i nd my future colleagues in law.

1 Like

Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
angry which one is 50% again sebi GEJ don make am N4000
ikorodureporta:
Bello Mahmud, registrar-general of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), on thursday said the commission had taken steps to eliminate bottlenecks associated with registering a business.

Source:https://www.thecable.ng/no-longer-need-lawyer-register-business
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
kinibigdeal:
But you will still need an accountant
lolz
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Oduok(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
yomalex:
Okay After registering your business at any Corporate Affairs Commission OfficeYou need to get Tax Identification Number TIN from any Federal Inland Revenue Service FIRS Office closest to you.
Can one get TIN without Tax Clearance Certificate?
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Oduok(m): 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
yomalex:
Okay After registering your business at any Corporate Affairs Commission OfficeYou need to get Tax Identification Number TIN from any Federal Inland Revenue Service FIRS Office closest to you.
Can one get TIN without Tax Clearance Certificate? Because I need to open a corporate account for my business and TIN is a requirement
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by skales67(m): 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
Good thing if TRUE! Those lawyers are criminals! Imagine charging as high as N150k as Service Fee to register a business for you in CAC.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Kekekenny(m): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
Oduok:

Can one get TIN without Tax Clearance Certificate? Because I need to open a corporate account for my business and TIN is a requirement

Yes you can. That is what I do.Also Tax clearance for your company.
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by yomalex(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
Oduok:

yes a TIN is a pre-requisite for tax clearance if you are already in business they may however calculate your tax for you
Re: You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC by Oduok(m): 6:01am On Nov 05, 2016
yomalex:
yes a TIN is a pre-requisite for tax clearance if you are already in business they may however calculate your tax for you
... If you are already in business they will however calculate your tax for you? How? To pay before being issued TIN?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trader Kills Customer During Pricing / Things Super-Successful People Do Before 8am / N8Bn Is Chicken Change To GTBank, Assets In Trillions - Yinka Ogunnubi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.