Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry (23879 Views)

Ten Things That Women Love In A Men But Never Says It Out. / Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / My Girlfriend Never Says "I Love You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by N101: 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2009
TheSeeker:

A marriage where you've invested physically and emotionally is only expected to be fair, if not best to your taste. When something goes wrong in a marriage, it's supposed to be worked out or it'll break the marriage - although you may not realize it immediately but these things degenerate to crackdown marriages.

Your partner not ready to take responsibilities for whatever he/she does speaks ill of them. It shows lack of respect for your own emotions; depicts excessive and haughty pride; a quarrelsome creature, and lots more. If you're in a marriage and you choose to put some things 'behind' you - issues that requires address - then your marriage is heading for a doom because a time will come when you will have it up to here.

A marriage where you have the mind to take revenge is a healthy marriage? A marriage you put up so much effort into will be a kind where you're promoting internal and in-built differences? Where is the understanding? Where's the openness? Where's the respect for each other's opinion? Where's the honesty? If taking revenge later is what marriage is all about then I'd just be a love-vendor rather than be a husband.
I'm curious as to your suggestions to resolve the issue of an unapologetic spouse.  Walk out?  Shout at them? Pray it out of them?  Get family - who may be equally as bad - involved?  Marriage isn't about revenge, but  some people need to learn the hard way, it's not for me to do what their parents or society failed to instill in them.  People sometimes apologise as a way to get you off their back but don't mean it.  Is that a better option?

Unfortunately there are too many immature people in relationships with unrealistic expectations.  One would expect people to go into marriage with their eyes open, but, if some of the marital problems I've read about on NL are anything to go by, too many people get married for all the wrong reasons.  Some of those you have highlighted (lack of openness, honesty etc).  Remember, you are dealing with a fellow human being whose frailties may not be your own. 

There is a time to apologise when you aren't at fault, and a time for people to learn the hard way without  intervention.  When it does happen it's not to resolve it by saying "I told you so", that is adding fuel to the fire, sometimes you have to be there to help pick up the pieces.  At the end of the day, being in a good marriage is about good and clear communication, some learn how to do it, some will struggle. 

Pimping or being a husband, your choice.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by bourdillon: 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2009
I'll sit him/she down and talk sense into he/her brain,so @ d end of everything i'll ask he/she to apologise.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by RichyBlacK(m): 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2009
No amount of love in this universe can make me stay with such an arrogant SOB! angry

There is nothing to discuss here. First error is starting any form of relationship with such a mofo. Second error is hanging around trying to fix such a pathetic a-hole!
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Macgreat(m): 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2009
. . .Change partner
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by ELDINO: 2:32am On Nov 01, 2009
Ohoh! It's a pity.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by TheSeeker(m): 3:06am On Nov 01, 2009
N101:

I'm curious as to your suggestions to resolve the issue of an unapologetic spouse.  Walk out?  Shout at them? Pray it out of them?  Get family - who may be equally as bad - involved?  Marriage isn't about revenge, but  some people need to learn the hard way, it's not for me to do what their parents or society failed to instill in them.  People sometimes apologise as a way to get you off their back but don't mean it.  Is that a better option?

Unfortunately there are too many immature people in relationships with unrealistic expectations.  One would expect people to go into marriage with their eyes open, but, if some of the marital problems I've read about on NL are anything to go by, too many people get married for all the wrong reasons.  Some of those you have highlighted (lack of openness, honesty etc).  Remember, you are dealing with a fellow human being whose frailties may not be your own. 

There is a time to apologise when you aren't at fault, and a time for people to learn the hard way without  intervention.  When it does happen it's not to resolve it by saying "I told you so", that is adding fuel to the fire, sometimes you have to be there to help pick up the pieces.  At the end of the day, being in a good marriage is about good and clear communication, some learn how to do it, some will struggle. 

Pimping or being a husband, your choice. 
I didn't say exactly to walk out or yell on your partner. Yes, some people need to learn the hard way, unfortunately I can't argue that properly. A lot of people get married for the wrong reasons because most of them don't even know what they want (you can visualize a situation where a woman says she's in love with two men as if 'love' is some cheap word). I totally understand where you're coming from, but most times I think marriage ought to be peaceful, that's not to say there won't be times when we disagree but it should be like an unusual raucous and not such that it keeps happening the same time over and over again only for a reason.

I believe in communication - heart to heart communication - in a relationship. This is what it takes to understand the stance of who you're dealing with because you both aren't bound to have the same charisma and characters, of course, they differ and you've got to check the differences out and work out a solution and that can only be achievable by communicating with all honesty and openness.

I don't believe a breakup is the solution to every problem in a relationship but when communication can't solve it, then I don't believe anything else will. Patience lasts and deteriorates after a while, but communication can put a stop to many mishaps, if done in all honesty and cooperation, oneness and openness.

But a situation where this fails, breakup is the next thing to consider as an option. Life is too short than spend it all in an unhealthy relationship. There are lots of people out there who deserve better partners, I think it's best to find those than spend it with someone who's always controversial.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Secretz(f): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2009
TheSeeker:

I didn't say exactly to walk out or yell on your partner. Yes, some people need to learn the hard way, unfortunately I can't argue that properly. A lot of people get married for the wrong reasons because most of them don't even know what they want (you can visualize a situation where a woman says she's in love with two men as if 'love' is some cheap word). I totally understand where you're coming from, but most times I think marriage ought to be peaceful, that's not to say there won't be times when we disagree but it should be like an unusual raucous and not such that it keeps happening the same time over and over again only for a reason.

I believe in communication - heart to heart communication - in a relationship. This is what it takes to understand the stance of who you're dealing with because you both aren't bound to have the same charisma and characters, of course, they differ and you've got to check the differences out and work out a solution and that can only be achievable by communicating with all honesty and openness.

I don't believe a breakup is the solution to every problem in a relationship but when communication can't solve it, then I don't believe anything else will. Patience lasts and deteriorates after a while, but communication can put a stop to many mishaps, if done in all honesty and cooperation, oneness and openness.

But a situation where this fails, breakup is the next thing to consider as an option. Life is too short than spend it all in an unhealthy relationship. There are lots of people out there who deserve better partners, I think it's best to find those than spend it with someone who's always controversial.

kiss

@ OP, talk to them - Although some people don't truly understand what it means to 'communicate'. grin
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Opelope(m): 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2009
Temporarily STOP doin wat u do that they love.

Example, stop being so sweet or seeming like u care. Women always want that care. When she complains, bring it to her attention
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Nezan(m): 11:08am On Nov 02, 2009
@OP, you let them understand the way that attitude is affecting you and seek for an understanding and possible change.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 02, 2009
@ topic

shoot them
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by dramenda(f): 3:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
hon
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by mudiwa(f): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
life ca be very difficult, my ex was always singing sorrys out of his mouth even for silly useless things and i always used to say babe ur sorry has now lost meaning, when i really wanted his sorry it never came. so to me that proved he was not worth my tears and left him to it, men can be evil and u feel like plucking their eyes out, but hey God made them so we ve to learn to live with them grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by posakosa(m): 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
mudiwa was ur YIM ?
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by nwainbuekw: 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2009
At times d' problem is dat dis partner finds it so hard cos he/she has so much pride, so wat i'd do is move on wit my life, cheesy grin cool
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Anandel(f): 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2009
I can take it when we started dating but i'll walk out when i feel i must have started to sound like a broken record!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by bigfoot79(m): 1:01am On Dec 16, 2009
That is not a big deal now, just get even with the pompous partner and see the changes
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by 190: 5:26am On May 14, 2011
then u leave them to who-ever they feel is rite to kiss them arse

and move the heck on undecided
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Nobody: 5:27am On May 14, 2011
womp! grin grin grin
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by 190: 5:27am On May 14, 2011
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by sexylogan(m): 10:49am On May 14, 2011
Macgreat:

. . .Change partner

not so easy in reality
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by annita19(f): 11:44am On May 14, 2011
I hate unnecessary apologies.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by aminalib(f): 1:07pm On May 14, 2011
I dont even deal with friends that cannot admit wrong doing, i could not with a partner
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 14, 2011
annita19:

I hate unnecessary apologies.

Right. Especially when it is obvious that person fails to TRULY see that they are wrong and there fore telling you they are sorry to shut you up. Nothing is more annoying. I would rather not deal with you then accept a fake apology.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 14, 2011
beat the fuckkkk outta their fucccking life,
if you dnt end up in jail, u might wait to hear the sorry, and if you end up in jail
u might get killled in there
hey it just an idea lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 14, 2011
grin grin grin

OH MY!!
Go to bed Don Little. That's right! rest your head on that nice fluffy pillow and go to sleep! grin

LMAO!!!!!
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 14, 2011
runs to is bed, damn i aint got no pillows
hold up am seaching for my pillow, am coming!
i will be bck in bed by tomorrow, just hold up lol
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Goldieluks: 6:13pm On May 14, 2011
My man hardly says sorry,am the one who says sorry,like i have a bag of ''apologies'',so i changed my approach(don't ask me how)
and he started saying sorry,whenever he's on the wrong.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by 190: 6:23pm On May 14, 2011
^YAY- KPA!!!

aPPRoach abi you meant Sex aPProach,

No apology No sex tonight, works like nuclear bomb
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Goldieluks: 6:29pm On May 14, 2011
No ,not that.
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by 190: 6:30pm On May 14, 2011
^story tongue
Re: Dealing With A Partner Who Never Says Sorry by Goldieluks: 6:31pm On May 14, 2011
Ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Always Have To Beg And Beg. Please Advice! / Igbo Man Showed His Wife Big Breasts & Was Bragging About It(video) / 'he Asked Me To Marry Him, Now He Beats Me' (help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.